Injuries

Haringshairband

10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is it just willful thinking that by 31 January at the latest, Levein might have a full squad to choose from?

Probably mate.  Not many teams ever have a fully full squad to choose from.  What would be nice would be if any given week, any players missing just had a wee strain or something, rather than the succession of long term injuries.

I seem to remember sometimes looking at the BBC prematch thing and it saying "Hearts have no injury concerns for this weekend", but I don't know when.  Be an interesting exercise, which I won't undertake, to look at those prematch doodahs and see how many teams have this clean bill of health.  Does it exist!?

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• thewiseone

• Unknown user

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Smith was outstanding at CH against st midden so I'd expect him to continue there, although I'd much rather see him at RB

Very interesting to see how we line up at the back tomorrow.  Can't decide an opinion on it to be honest, and I'm usually quite set on what I would want as a lineup/formation.

Logic seems to dictate Berra and Dika at CH, but only really because they are CHs in a that's what's written next to them on Fifa type thing.  That fills me with dread to an extent as I like both but neither are in form.  Both have the capability of warrior-like performances and especially when backs to the wall, which they are this week in a way due to the injuries.  So it could work.

Then there's Berra and Smith in a back 4 with Hickey and White wide of them.  I quite like this.  Ozzie Sow is up top for them just now - he's a big lad but not great in the air, so don't see Smith being outmuscled there.

Or 3 at the back with Hickey being pulled in one.  This loses us some threat further up the park and doesn't suit our attacking midfielders such as Mulraney, Morrison or Meshino in my opinion.  But it could work.  You also have to decide who plays in the middle of the three.  It probably has to be Berra as he doesn't want to be isolated pulled wide and doesn't want the ball as much as a LCH has it.  But Smith is very very good in the middle of a three and steps into the middle of the park with the ball very well.

Don't know!  Tomorrow's game has the feeling of "just scrape through it".

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Probably mate.  Not many teams ever have a fully full squad to choose from.  What would be nice would be if any given week, any players missing just had a wee strain or something, rather than the succession of long term injuries.

I seem to remember sometimes looking at the BBC prematch thing and it saying "Hearts have no injury concerns for this weekend", but I don't know when.  Be an interesting exercise, which I won't undertake, to look at those prematch doodahs and see how many teams have this clean bill of health.  Does it exist!?

It would appear the average for the EPL is around 30 players injured in a season, around 80% of a squad. 

Man Utd had SIXTY ONE players miss games last season, probably just bad luck 🤔?

https://www.90min.com/posts/6389205-premier-league-how-many-injuries-each-club-suffered-during-the-2018-19-season

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah we didn't want him at all, Levein confirmed it to the EEN at one point but he lies all the time. If it wasn’t true I’m sure Levein would’ve came out and rubbished the claims like he did with James Morrison.

I think it should be in Levein's contract that he should inform you of all his thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would appear the average for the EPL is around 30 players injured in a season, around 80% of a squad. 

Man Utd had SIXTY ONE players miss games last season, probably just bad luck 🤔?

https://www.90min.com/posts/6389205-premier-league-how-many-injuries-each-club-suffered-during-the-2018-19-season

You never quite got round to tell us of Aberdeen's injury crisis with the length of time each player was out - or was that just anorher baseless claim?

Fort Vallance

Just waiting to hear that Bobby Burns has been hit by a stray boomerang walking to the team bus from the dressing room and out for a month.

This time last year.

- first choice defensive partnership out with long term injuries

- first choice strikers out with medium/long term injuries 

Couldnt script it.

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Very interesting to see how we line up at the back tomorrow.  Can't decide an opinion on it to be honest, and I'm usually quite set on what I would want as a lineup/formation.

Logic seems to dictate Berra and Dika at CH, but only really because they are CHs in a that's what's written next to them on Fifa type thing.  That fills me with dread to an extent as I like both but neither are in form.  Both have the capability of warrior-like performances and especially when backs to the wall, which they are this week in a way due to the injuries.  So it could work.

Then there's Berra and Smith in a back 4 with Hickey and White wide of them.  I quite like this.  Ozzie Sow is up top for them just now - he's a big lad but not great in the air, so don't see Smith being outmuscled there.

Or 3 at the back with Hickey being pulled in one.  This loses us some threat further up the park and doesn't suit our attacking midfielders such as Mulraney, Morrison or Meshino in my opinion.  But it could work.  You also have to decide who plays in the middle of the three.  It probably has to be Berra as he doesn't want to be isolated pulled wide and doesn't want the ball as much as a LCH has it.  But Smith is very very good in the middle of a three and steps into the middle of the park with the ball very well.

Don't know!  Tomorrow's game has the feeling of "just scrape through it".

Back three of Berra Smith and Dikamona with Hickey and Mulraney wingbacks is my guess. 

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Back three of Berra Smith and Dikamona with Hickey and Mulraney wingbacks is my guess. 

That wouldn't surprise me either because Killie rend to play with 5 in the middle and 1 up front.

42 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Spoke to him at the airport just came back from London where he had another OP

FFS. Levein just said he would be back soon a couple of days ago.

More lies if true.:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Probably meant from London. :lol:

Good job we've got Halk...Hari...Berr...Dikamona...?

:jj_facepalm:

If you didn't laugh you would greet.

GorgieRules22

Does Craig Levein know what’s going at the club at all ???? Bizarre that he would say he’s improving a couple of days ago if this news is true.

Hope the Souttar news is false. But if it turns out to be true, we could be looking at another Levein-type situation where, instead of playing at the highest level, Hearts will be the pinnacle of his career due to injuries. I obviously don't think John souttar's injuries are career threatening, but it could hold him back from moving to the next level.

GorgieRules22

If Souttar is just having an op now two months after the injury it tells me that the medical staff don’t know there earhole from their arsehole.

10 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Does Craig Levein know what’s going at the club at all ???? Bizarre that he would say he’s improving a couple of days ago if this news is true.

Exactly

9 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

If Souttar is just having an op now two months after the injury it tells me that the medical staff don’t know there earhole from their arsehole.

Not really. Sometimes theres the option of two months rest and physio and it should be sorted versus immediate surgery and a four month lay-off. Always a bit of a gamble. Win some lose some. Halkett approach is no op either and hope rest and physio fix it. Not many want to rush down the surgery route unless they have to. Would you? 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure about Dikamona, he couldn’t even make the bench last week when two full backs played CH as two wingers played fullback 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

Wingback you mean?

Halkett our for 10 weeks , so going by club estimates for other recent injured players we can expect to maybe see him in 20 + weeks. 

2 hours ago, MacPhee said:

Did he have a plaster on ?

You see another poster claims he does but you failed to mention it....................I mean you can't both be wrong

2 hours ago, MacPhee said:

When did he go for the op?

58 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

This is the same John Souter that was possibly going to be fit for the end of August and had a chance of making it v Celtic? 

Who is John Souter and who does he play for?

8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Where and when did Levein say he would be back soon.

I can’t post links but a quick google search brings up plenty 

In the evening news before the Celtic game levein is quoted as saying  Souter and Naismith will travel to glasgow but might not be fit to play but will be fine for the Hamilton game 

21 hours ago, karipidis said:

This is a good point, because not only are we picking up a number of injuries, the recovery time seems to be longer than the initial timeframe. People who believe this is all just bad luck and coincidence are seriously blinkered. 

Or just using their common sense more than you and a few others who are simply speculating in an effort to harm the club

You have no idea of the truth but are happy to attack the staff just to make yourself feel good and those in your little pack of anti Levein and Budge posters

Blinkered ?..you can't even see the truth when its right in front of you

On 28/09/2019 at 18:17, Big Slim Stylee said:

I remember a similar thing at Arsenal a few years back when they had a  terrible run of injuries.

The internet was full of Arsenal fans just like you who didn’t have a scooby masquerading as medical experts.

Anyway how’s the war going?

I remember this also. There are interesting similarities between their manager at this time and ours presently,

anyone else see?

Players then suffering injuries as such maybe influenced far more by these then by lack of stretching, warm up or being highly tuned as some on here would have you believe.

On 28/09/2019 at 18:17, Big Slim Stylee said:

I remember a similar thing at Arsenal a few years back when they had a  terrible run of injuries.

The internet was full of Arsenal fans just like you who didn’t have a scooby masquerading as medical experts.

Anyway how’s the war going?

I remember this also. There are interesting similarities between their manager at this time and ours presently,

anyone else see?

Players then suffering injuries as such maybe influenced far more by these then by lack of stretching, warm up or being highly tuned as some on here would have you believe.

31 minutes ago, Barack said:

You can if it makes you feel any better , me ? I'm still a bit sceptical.

There's been an Incredible amount of stuff going on in the last year re injuries for every single issue to be down to bad luck and bad luck alone . 

5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You can if it makes you feel any better , me ? I'm still a bit sceptical.

There's been an Incredible amount of stuff going on in the last year re injuries for every single issue to be down to bad luck and bad luck alone . 

What do you put it down to? 

Souttar has, according to the article quoted, had at least three different scans/x-rays from three different medical teams, none of which could find the actual issue. It took an operation to open up his ankle for the surgeon to see what the actual problem was. 

Berra tore the muscle from the bone, which is something I've never heard of a footballer doing before, and Uche broke part of his foot which was only visible in certain circumstances when x-rayed.

Those three at least can surely only be down to bad luck.

Or do you suggest something else? If so what? 

Just now, SUTOL said:

What do you put it down to? 

Souttar has, according to the article quoted, had at least three different scans/x-rays from three different medical teams, none of which could find the actual issue. It took an operation to open up his ankle for the surgeon to see what the actual problem was. 

Berra tore the muscle from the bone, which is something I've never heard of a footballer doing before, and Uche broke part of his foot which was only visible in certain circumstances when x-rayed.

Those three at least can surely only be down to bad luck.

Or do you suggest something else? If so what? 

I honestly couldn't offer any explanation to any of the injuries that would blame Hearts medical staff . But given the amount of injuries and the times scales involved to think we haven't made mistakes in any of the cases would be bordering on blind loyalty.

We always seem to be getting to the correct diagnosis eventually rather than initially. 

Bad luck has undoubtedly played a huge part , but not solely imo . 

jamboinglasgow
53 minutes ago, Barack said:

Exactly. But wont stop people thinking Levein is doing this to the players.

Jambof3tornado

Not sure why its taken so long to get to the bottom of so many injuries, or is it because of advances in healthcare that mean some of these historically career ending injuries are now recoverable??

Feel sorry for soapy. Hope he is recovering well hopefully in the knowledge that whats been done will see him right.

The Souttar thing is just a clusterfek of the highest order. Not blaming anyone at all but it’s just  a shit luck clusterfek. Fully expecting not to see him until 20/21 season tbh

49 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I honestly couldn't offer any explanation to any of the injuries that would blame Hearts medical staff . But given the amount of injuries and the times scales involved to think we haven't made mistakes in any of the cases would be bordering on blind loyalty.

We always seem to be getting to the correct diagnosis eventually rather than initially. 

Bad luck has undoubtedly played a huge part , but not solely imo . 

That seems to be at odds with the rest of your post.

You're not blaming them but you think they might be to blame

Remember when Colin Cameron was injured for nearly a year with a bad back and it took a doc to ask him to walk in a straight line, eyes closed.  Mickey veered to one side and it turned out it was a balance thing and his back was fixed by giving him a weighted gum shield for one side of his mouth.