Injuries

Haringshairband

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Naismith injury run  started at Dens Park last  October . Has never been right since. Current hamstring almost certainly just one of those things that regularly happens when returning after long lay-off. White injury exactly the same.  Henderson was a contact injury, can’t blame the venue. 

Give it a rest, you are running out of scarcely credible evidence for your accusations. 

Don’t tell me what to do.

Naismith had a knee injury, nothing to do with his hamstring. His new injury is indeed something to do with coming back from a long lay off, do you agree after 25 minutes of football without a pre season that starting him against Ross County was a mistake? Contact injuries and footwear, have a read then send it in to the club.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6259463/

https://www.matchfitconditioning.com/blogs/fitness/why-footballers-should-be-training-barefoot

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19424281003691999

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• thewiseone

• Unknown user

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Mort said:

The injuries were bad under Levein before we got a new pitch. 

That was a bad pitch, it’s more to do with the combination of footwear and the surface. The more traction the more likely to get injuries. It’s not the whole problem but definitely a part of it. That’s why they were looking at training on the same two pitches at Riccarton.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6259463/

The only way hearts will improve their injury situation, is to respond appropriately to the current situation.

Looking both for an external expert 😂and  external influences like the pitch or boots as the crucial factors in the players injury situation is both irresponsible and a diversion from the real issues.  a mere smoke screen.

The solution to the problem as always lies with the people running the show to think otherwise or spend money searching externally is at its best futile and at its worst a waste of time, money and resources.

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

The only way hearts will improve their injury situation, is to respond appropriately to the current situation.

Looking both for an external expert 😂and  external influences like the pitch or boots as the crucial factors in the players injury situation is both irresponsible and a diversion from the real issues.  a mere smoke screen.

The solution to the problem as always lies with the people running the show to think otherwise or spend money searching externally is at its best futile and at its worst a waste of time, money and resources.

Have recent events shown that the people running the show are inclined to try and rectify it or get advice from independent experts. They’ve shrugged their collective shoulders and said I dunno 🤷🏾‍♂️🙈.

42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Have recent events shown that the people running the show are inclined to try and rectify it or get advice from independent experts. They’ve shrugged their collective shoulders and said I dunno 🤷🏾‍♂️🙈.

Levein confirmed they engaged external consultants in the Summer who confined Neither surfaces nor training regimes were to blame. 

I think it’s a combination of : - 

1.  When our player budget was more restricted, we took some risks on older players of higher quality than we could afford with injury issues. Worked out to an extent but they have contributed to our injury list disproportionately. 
2. Possibly wrong calls to play players when not fully fit or over-expose them too quickly on return. 
3. A bit of bad luck. Injuries weighted on the better players. More than most clubs. 

1&2 I think are partly Levein’s call and blame but also our collective demand to be up there challenging before our infrastructure is fully rebuilt. 3rd place and two semis from where we have come from is a stretching target as I can’t remember us ever consistently being at that level. 

think we share some collective responsibility. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Sid said:

Levein confirmed they engaged external consultants in the Summer who confined Neither surfaces nor training regimes were to blame. 

I think it’s a combination of : - 

1.  When our player budget was more restricted, we took some risks on older players of higher quality than we could afford with injury issues. Worked out to an extent but they have contributed to our injury list disproportionately. 
2. Possibly wrong calls to play players when not fully fit or over-expose them too quickly on return. 
3. A bit of bad luck. Injuries weighted on the better players. More than most clubs. 

1&2 I think are partly Levein’s call and blame but also our collective demand to be up there challenging before our infrastructure is fully rebuilt. 3rd place and two semis from where we have come from is a stretching target as I can’t remember us ever consistently being at that level. 

We probably do. I asked this yesterday and nobody had any proof that they asked external forces to check anything. Where is this info coming from? He said we had an investigation, I shared it many times yesterday and I also wondered if you were doing an investigation into yourself would you criticise yourself? The infrastructure part is true but teams with lesser budgets finished above us the last two seasons.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We probably do. I asked this yesterday and nobody had any proof that they asked external forces to check anything. Where is this info coming from? He said we had an investigation, I shared it many times yesterday and I also wondered if you were doing an investigation into yourself would you criticise yourself? The infrastructure part is true but teams with lesser budgets finished above us the last two seasons.

I may have misread but I picked it up as external for some reason. 
the point I was making was if there was less pressure to get to third, we might not have taken the punts we did and comfortably made 4th 5th by going for steady good pros. 
eg Naismith is a top 3 player. We bought him to get us there. He got injured. We failed. We could have gone for a couple of players who would help us get to 4th for his salary but pressure was on to do better. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Sid said:

I may have misread but I picked it up as external for some reason. 
the point I was making was if there was less pressure to get to third, we might not have taken the punts we did and comfortably made 4th 5th by going for steady good pros. 
eg Naismith is a top 3 player. We bought him to get us there. He got injured. We failed. We could have gone for a couple of players who would help us get to 4th for his salary but pressure was on to do better. 

That’s the demands of being at our club, Leveins knows this and comments on it frequently.

Here is the article and the mentions of the investigation. I’ve not seen anything about an external investigation? Someone even mentioned the players Union being involved, no proof though.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-manager-craig-levein-we-are-powerless-to-prevent-collision-injuries-1-5013689

B678EB79-24C0-4D1C-BBB6-072908708C83.png

A06416AD-E56F-4562-9524-346F4361C87F.png

Pasquale for King

Anyone read what Berra said about Smith usually getting cramp during a game?

The final sentence in the last picture is interesting.

30F46A10-7D13-47B8-9D67-B388E6BBE4E4.jpeg

B276D193-094A-41E9-8CEB-FD9CA1621C46.jpeg

3AC1B9F3-453A-4F7F-B0F4-C9552A7B2C26.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Sid said:

but also our collective demand to be up there challenging

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We probably do. 

Wait, what?

Fan's are to blame for wanting their team to win games and do better?

Well that takes the biscuit 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

Wait, what?

Fan's are to blame for wanting their team to win games and do better?

Well that takes the biscuit 

Our demands are part of it yes, and so it should be. If a player isn’t inclined to go that extra step to help the team he shouldn’t be here, that could lead to an injury. A bit like nobody is really criticising the club for risking Haring in the final, the treatment before it and the length of time to diagnose his treatment after it can be questioned though. 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 hours ago, Mort said:

The most ridiculous post I’ve ever read on kickback and that takes some doing. The fans are now to blame for all the injuries 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You said it not me. I said the atmosphere created can influence what happens on the pitch.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Our demands are part of it yes, and so it should be. If a player isn’t inclined to go that extra step to help the team he shouldn’t be here, that could lead to an injury. A bit like nobody is really criticising the club for risking Haring in the final, the treatment before it and the length of time to diagnose his treatment after it can be questioned though. 

In what way?

PS - Is your answer a fact or opinion?

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You said it not me. I said the atmosphere created can influence what happens on the pitch.

Your exact words were “the crowd could have a part to play here”. 

All the booing must be causing these injuries 😂😂😂

Saw in the EEN that CL is saying another two to three weeks for Haring to be fit and Souttar even longer.

Souttar was injured on  4 August that's a long time to be out for a young player after rolling his ankle especially when they said he would be out for 2/3 weeks.

Haring has had no pre season so will be well off the pace initially and hopefully he won't pick up any niggly injuries once he returns.

No mention of Naismith in that same article which is a worry.

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

The reality is that our team without these players, plus Walker and Washington, is bang average and that will likely be reflected in performances and results.

Absolutely.  

5 certain starters and all out for 3+ months is soul destroying. 

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

The reality is that our team without these players, plus Walker and Washington, is bang average and that will likely be reflected in performances and results.

Imagine if we had everybody fit ( I know its hard ) .

We would have some squad on our hands.

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Just looking at the Aberdeen squad aswell they have been savaged with injuries as well. So we ain’t the only ones.

Yeh but we’ve had shitty luck for seasons now 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think Bryson's played about 3 minutes since he joined them.

anyone know if Aberdeen have held internal investigations...sought external advice / opinions....questioned if their players are strong enough to kick footballs.....checked out training pitches.....examined footwear...... anything else I've missed? :)

heartsfc_fan
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Currently taking Whelan over him was masterstroke.

Mr Brightside
On 01/10/2019 at 00:10, Pasquale for King said:

White, Henderson, Washington, Naismit off the top of my head at Tynecastle this season, that’s more than anywhere else. 

Of course there will be more injuries at Tynecastle than any other pitch. We play around 20 games at Tynecastle and 2 at each other ground.

To prove there is an issue at Tynecastle you would need compare injures per minute at Tynecastle compared to other grounds.

When he returns will Haring  go into centre of defence given no plan to sign free agent?

Edited by munro9

2 minutes ago, munro9 said:

When he returns will Haring  go into centre of defence given no plan to sign free agent?

There's a good argument that he should. Until Souttar and/or Halkett back.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, munro9 said:

Dikamona and Berra initially I assume. Maybe even M Smith. I wonder if there could be an opportunity for Chris Hamilton after January if things carry on this way with injuries.

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

About a year I reckon. 

From the day last August when Berra pulled up against Celtic at tynie it’s been one bad injury after another. 

On 02/10/2019 at 08:55, wavydavy said:

Saw in the EEN that CL is saying another two to three weeks for Haring to be fit and Souttar even longer.

Souttar was injured on  4 August that's a long time to be out for a young player after rolling his ankle especially when they said he would be out for 2/3 weeks.

Haring has had no pre season so will be well off the pace initially and hopefully he won't pick up any niggly injuries once he returns.

No mention of Naismith in that same article which is a worry.

This is a good point, because not only are we picking up a number of injuries, the recovery time seems to be longer than the initial timeframe. People who believe this is all just bad luck and coincidence are seriously blinkered. 

12 hours ago, Barack said:

Most of the geniuses on here were slagging CL off for not taking him as well. :qqb006:

Is it just willful thinking that by 31 January at the latest, Levein might have a full squad to choose from?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Of course there will be more injuries at Tynecastle than any other pitch. We play around 20 games at Tynecastle and 2 at each other ground.

To prove there is an issue at Tynecastle you would need compare injures per minute at Tynecastle compared to other grounds.

Definitely, that wasn’t my point. The post I was answering was about injuries on certain surfaces. In hindsight it proves that there is less percentage wise, it would need to be ten times as many.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is it just willful thinking that by 31 January at the latest, Levein might have a full squad to choose from?

Has he ever had one in the last two years?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Most of the geniuses on here were slagging CL off for not taking him as well. :qqb006:

I don’t think it was our choice not to take him, he chose Aberdeen over us and thank **** he did or we would’ve had another expensive crock on our hands wouldn’t we?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Dikamona and Berra initially I assume. Maybe even M Smith. I wonder if there could be an opportunity for Chris Hamilton after January if things carry on this way with injuries.

Not sure about Dikamona, he couldn’t even make the bench last week when two full backs played CH as two wingers played fullback 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

The Treasurer
20 hours ago, davemclaren said:

About a year I reckon. 

I'd say the minute Naismith landed badly at Dens Park(midweek before LC semi) was when our luck changed  and when our season started to turn to shit

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Smith was outstanding at CH against st midden so I'd expect him to continue there, although I'd much rather see him at RB

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Has any manager in this league ever had that luxury?

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Smith was outstanding at CH against st midden so I'd expect him to continue there, although I'd much rather see him at RB

I would imagine CL will go with, Hickey, Smith, Berra and White with Dikamona on the bench.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would imagine CL will go with, Hickey, Smith, Berra and White with Dikamona on the bench.

What would you go with?

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think it was our choice not to take him, he chose Aberdeen over us and thank **** he did or we would’ve had another expensive crock on our hands wouldn’t we?

Only we buy crocks though surely?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Only we buy crocks though surely?

They don’t buy as many as we do I’m afraid. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well we tried to get him and he chose Aberdeen, is he a crock? 

I've never seen it confirmed that we even tried to get him. Is that your opinion or fact?

Pasquale for King
Just now, tcjambo said:

I've never seen it confirmed that we even tried to get him. Is that your opinion or fact?

Yeah we didn't want him at all, Levein confirmed it to the EEN at one point but he lies all the time. If it wasn’t true I’m sure Levein would’ve came out and rubbished the claims like he did with James Morrison.