Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Genuine Hearts fans do not cosy up with anyone associated with Hibernian Football club

download.jpg

Correct. 

Ann needs to go.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If we win the next 6 games Levein should still be sacked because he and his coach’s are way out of their depth.

Winning the next 6 games would be great!

Something all genuine Hearts fans would

love!

15 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If we win the next 6 games Levein should still be sacked because he and his coach’s are way out of their depth.

That’s bollocks Mitch. 

10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

We've spent more on the playing budget this season than we have since Vlad first arrived.

Sorry that's just bad grammar on my part.

What I meant is, its not because we've cut the playing budget to a shoestring (as you say we've done far from that) that were doing badly.

In short, our Board remains behind the Manager, his coaching staff and his team… not because he is “untouchable”, not because he is “all-powerful”, and not because we are “weak”, as has been suggested.  We remain behind him because we believe in the plan we have jointly put together.

The above concerns me far more than the “Genuine Hearts fans” guff she spouted. How much longer does she, & the board continue to believe in It?

maidstonejambo
5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Correct. 

Ann needs to go.

Lots of people on here and on twitter keep saying this, but what does it mean?? By what mechanism should (or could) she "go"? 

18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

🤮

Ann has recently employed her nephew to run the Hearts bar too. 

Trolls Hearts fans on Twitter regular. 

Can you share any of this?

23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Genuine Hearts fans do not cosy up with anyone associated with Hibernian Football club

download.jpg

I thought that was her meeting Paul Mccartny

7 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

you utter *****!

I genuinely spat the contents of my mouth out there!

:gok:

46 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Do you write the way you read? Have you read the statement? 

She has a separate go at Michael and the media after her genuine fans comment. 

Indeed she does...Michael Stewart sets himself up to be in both camps, both a fan and a professional football opinion. She is excluding him from the first group (IMO). That's exactly what I wrote, so the question is surely, did YOU read what I wrote?

22 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Ok, I may have literally jumped in at that post, and I admit, if there was some context, I didn’t read your previous posts in the thread 

I did read her statement. I am just really frustrated and don’t understand why she binned Locke, binned Cathro but keeps Levein on. Can’t fathom it at all unless it is blind faith .. 

I mean, have we really improved as a direct result. I feel a bit for her as well as all the good stuff she is doing off the park is being tarnished by the indecision, to make decisions, about on the park matters . Supporters will always link the 2 things together in terms of an appraisal (right or wrong) 

I think we all understand why. She has gone into football without knowing much about football, so Levein is her right hand man. He has shaped her strategy and she is loathe to tear it all apart and start afresh with someone new...

As fans we should have some sympathy for her current predicament, not be writing on bridges that she should be hung...

16 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think you’re wrong. Genuine fans can protest and boo. Bigots and arseholes take it further.

Social media arseholes are very easy to identify. They’re also the liverpool fans who just caused andy robertson to close his twitter account.

Explain how a bigot takes it further. What do they do that doesn’t make them a genuine fan. Sing a few bars of a song that while it should be consigned to history and our chairperson doesn’t like, does that make them a non genuine fan. No it doesn’t. 

Unfortunately these songs have been sung at Tynecastle for as long as I’ve been going. Some worse than the current offering. However until Scottish Society and Social Politics change songs on both sides of the fence will be sung. The only way to stop it is to ban every person from singing it. The last Celtic game I was at would have meant a few thousand bans. It still doesn’t make these people not genuine fans

Your other point is just total shite. You’ve highlighted Andy Robertson. He was told on social media to paraphrase “learn how to tackle”. How many of the people who trolled him online are genuine Liverpool fans????? As far as I know Mrs B doesn’t have much of a social media presence neither does CL, so who are these social media arseholes you describe. The ones on Twitter, Facebook, JKB and other social media forums complaining about the management of the club being weak and the mis-management of the footballing side of the club. I’ve never wanted CL in charge as I feel he should have gone when Cathro went. His plan, in business if a managing director makes a bad call about employing someone way beyond their capabilities then they should also pay. So because I’ve wanted him out for a while, does that make me a Social Media arsehole. The recent polls online show little support for CL, so If that’s the case, over 90% of JKB must be arseholes because they want CL removed from the managers chair. They want him gone because we have had the best part of a year where outlets results have been crap and the style of play is terrible. That’s not being a social media arsehole, that’s fans got to the point where they’ve had enough. A lot of these fans were prepared to give him time but even they have got to a point

now where he can’t continue. 

Sorry Toque but your points are selective and moot. 

The argument over CL is done. All AB has done worh this statement is back a 3 legged horse. The issue is now how much of her reputation is being tarnished as a result of it.

1 hour ago, ford donald said:

So Preston and Mackay are in the media are they real or genuine fans? They attack CL as well,rightly so in my book,they care about Hearts.

Exactly.

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I think we all understand why. She has gone into football without knowing much about football, so Levein is her right hand man. He has shaped her strategy and she is loathe to tear it all apart and start afresh with someone new...

As fans we should have some sympathy for her current predicament, not be writing on bridges that she should be hung...

No right minded individual would have written that. They either need real help or the death penalty 

It wasn’t a good business move in the first place appointing her “right hand man” as DOF, Manager and Board Member. An advisor, per say, should advise, independently, and give her guidance on what to do, but should never be involved with the same project he/she is advising them upon and for obvious reasons. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

Or that we junkie boy singer?

whats his name?

used to wear a hat all the time.

37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:bravo: 

On the button as far as I am concerned

Nice statement,,always remember the league positions never lie,the best at the top the crap at the bottom.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

No right minded individual would have written that. They either need real help or the death penalty  

It wasn’t a good business move in the first place appointing her “right hand man” as DOF, Manager and Board Member. An advisor, per say, should advise, independently, and give her guidance on what to do, but should never be involved with the same project he/she is advising them upon and for obvious reasons. 

great stuff.

53 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

🤮

Ann has recently employed her nephew to run the Hearts bar too. 

Trolls Hearts fans on Twitter regular. 

And she'll be issuing statements galore if he ends up with a sore face.

Maybe one of the regular Grass Line users could shop him by forwarding his tweets to Budge.

Davie Weir issues defiant Ann Budge Hearts defence as owner comes under fire

Gavin Berry
7-9 minutes

We will use your email address only for the purpose of sending you newsletters. Please see ourPrivacy Noticefor details of your data protection rights

Could not subscribe, try again laterInvalid Email

Davie Weir insists Hearts fans can protest as loudly as they want against Craig Levein.

But he insists it will fall on deaf ears if the club’s most powerful supporter Ann Budge continues to back him.

Budge might be the Jambos owner charged with making key decisions but she is a dyed-in-the-wool supporter first and foremost.

And the same can be said of her fellow board members who are hurting as much as those who laid siege to Tynecastle after last week’s defeat to Motherwell.

That 3-2 loss saw Hearts slump to rock bottom in the Scottish Premiership and they have won just one league game in 12 in a wretched run stretching back to last season.

The heat is now on Levein ahead of Sunday’s trip across Edinburgh where they face bitter rivals Hibs who only have one victory in their last 11 in the league.

But Weir - a 1998 Scottish Cup winner with Hearts - believes former Scotland boss Levein should be judged after 20 games with the chance to book a Betfred Cup semi-final place just days after the derby when they host Aberdeen.

He concedes it is a unique situation with Levein having moved into the dug-out from his director of football role and the ex-stopper can’t see him returning to that position if the axe does fall.

Budge was willing to pull the trigger to end the disastrous Ian Cathro spell and fed-up fans have accused of her of blind loyalty where Levein is concerned after releasing a statement insisting there will be no knee-jerk reaction to the current run.

Weir praised her for being strong amid supporter unrest and said: “Obviously the fans can protest and show what they think but ultimately it’s the board or the owner that will make the decision.

1_19281896.jpg

(Image: SNS Group)

“You live by the nature of your relationship with the owner. If the owner trusts you and wants you to remain the manager then that’s the key relationship.

“She obviously holds him in high regard and is going to support him in what is a difficult time because she values him and that’s the most important thing.

“Obviously the fans are the lifeblood of the club and they are very vocal and passionate at Hearts so Ann Budge will be in no doubt what they think.

“She’s from a family of Hearts fans and the board are Hearts fans. There’s emotion involved in it but they are making a business decision, there’s no doubt about that.

“I thought her statement was great. Look at what Ann has done for the club. For her to say they weren’t going to react like other football clubs usually do, starting just to change manager every time there’s a problem, was great.

0_19281892.jpg

“She’s made it clear they have a longer term plan and they’re going to see it through. Time will tell if that’s the case. We’ve heard all these things before.

“But the way she works is very different. And it was good to hear. If you bring a manager in, you have to support him and back him, give him time to carry out the plan.

“She’s not the typical owner. it’s refreshing. At Hearts, it’s quite complicated because of the fans contributing. If the fans are protesting, then they start withdrawing their money, that obviously changes things for the ownership.

“That’s what makes it more interesting, the fact that she’s aware of it, that she wants the fans to have an involvement and input in how the club’s run.

“But, on this occasion, she’s putting her head above the parapet. And that takes guts. There are a lot of fans contributing a lot of money to the club every month through the foundation.

0_JS192675433.jpg

(Image: SNS)

“If a thousand of them are protesting outside, there are going to be ramifications from that. But she obviously believes in Craig and what he’s doing.

“Of course, it can’t go on like this forever with fans protesting and nobody wants that - the fans don’t want to be doing that and Craig certainly doesn’t want it.

“But you’d imagine Hearts form will turn round because they’ve got better players than what they’ve shown so far after five league games.

“It’s a real small sample size in terms of where they are. The points total isn’t good enough but judge him after 10 or 20 games - which seems a long way away - which is a fairer time to judge him.

“They’ve got the derby on Sunday and then Aberdeen in the cup and if they win those two games then it’s forgotten because all of a sudden they’re back in a relatively healthy position in the league and 90 minutes from a cup final.

“The dynamic suddenly changes and that’s how football works. It’s wrong it can change so quickly and you can go from being close to the sack to close to winning a trophy.

“The best clubs have had stability and success built on that. Within that stability there will always be bad times and struggles but that’s when you need your owner and the backing.

“That’s when the relationship becomes really important and there’s obviously a really strong relationship at Hearts but Craig will know the reality of being a manager.

“You can never say never but I couldn’t see him going back to the director of football role. It’s a complicated situation and very unusual in terms of the sporting director becoming the manager.”

Levein had Hearts flying high in the league last season before horrendous luck with injuries to key players took its toll. But despite dropping like a stone in the table, they still reached the Scottish Cup final where they lost to Celtic.

0_Scottish-Cup-Final-Heart-of-Midlothian

(Image: Action Images via Reuters)

The Tynecastle treatment room has been a busy place again but Weir believes having the experienced Steven Naismith available again for the trip to Easter Road could be crucial.

Weir played alongside the 33-year-old at Rangers, and he had to withdraw from Scotland duty with a hamstring problem, but could be back in action for the Hibs showdown.

And Weir said: “Steven will relish Sunday. He is perfect for it. The players, the fans, the management will all get a big boost from him being available.

“Steven is a big-game player. He enjoys them and will rise to the challenge. He might not be the best player in the game but you know you will get something from him.

“You always know that Steven will do something in the game for you. When we were going into an Old Firm game, if Steven was in the team we were happy.

0_JS189834671.jpg

“It will be the same with a Hearts-Hibs game. The players will look around the dressing-room and think about who will help get something from the game.

“They will see Steven and it will give them a lift. It is mentality, he has got a hunger, a desire to win, he doesn’t like losing, it is something that he and the better players in these games have always had.

“When your better players - like Steven Naismith, John Souttar and now Conor Washington - are out right down the spine of your team then you’re going to find it difficult.

“But being a manager is about finding a way to get results and Hearts can’t plead poverty because they’ve got a big squad and good players, but they’re certainly missing some of the best ones.”

Davie Weir were speaking at the William Hill Ayr Gold Cup draw. The Gold Cup takes place on Saturday 21st September at 3:50pm.

58 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If we win the next 6 games we won’t hear a pip from you for roughly 6 weeks.

:greggy:🇹🇨

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I agree. She relies on Levein too much. She probably never conceived that it could go as badly as this...Rightly or wrongly this is the path she has gone down. People on here did say it at the time, but what use are "I told you so's"? (She alludes to this in her statement BTW). She was the owner and she chose that path. Did the other advisors on the board let her down? Probably...Did Levein inveigle his way to key man status? Perhaps, I don't know and I would be sceptical of anyone on here who says they do know...The only thing I know is that Budge has gone on record saying the Board realised that Levein was the ideal candidate for the manager role...

Company Boards of Directors often behave in the following way: They stand united and unmoving behind any decision until they need to turn on one of their own so as to make him the scapegoat. He then gets a big golden handshake and departs.

Blame is a great thing to discuss but it is of no practical use...

I know I am probably being stupid but why does the "IN" in the "LeveIN Out" banner have a red single score through it? I am guessing the In/Out thing but I must be missing something.

21 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Explain how a bigot takes it further. What do they do that doesn’t make them a genuine fan. Sing a few bars of a song that while it should be consigned to history and our chairperson doesn’t like, does that make them a non genuine fan. No it doesn’t. 

Unfortunately these songs have been sung at Tynecastle for as long as I’ve been going. Some worse than the current offering. However until Scottish Society and Social Politics change songs on both sides of the fence will be sung. The only way to stop it is to ban every person from singing it. The last Celtic game I was at would have meant a few thousand bans. It still doesn’t make these people not genuine fans

Your other point is just total shite. You’ve highlighted Andy Robertson. He was told on social media to paraphrase “learn how to tackle”. How many of the people who trolled him online are genuine Liverpool fans????? As far as I know Mrs B doesn’t have much of a social media presence neither does CL, so who are these social media arseholes you describe. The ones on Twitter, Facebook, JKB and other social media forums complaining about the management of the club being weak and the mis-management of the footballing side of the club. I’ve never wanted CL in charge as I feel he should have gone when Cathro went. His plan, in business if a managing director makes a bad call about employing someone way beyond their capabilities then they should also pay. So because I’ve wanted him out for a while, does that make me a Social Media arsehole. The recent polls online show little support for CL, so If that’s the case, over 90% of JKB must be arseholes because they want CL removed from the managers chair. They want him gone because we have had the best part of a year where outlets results have been crap and the style of play is terrible. That’s not being a social media arsehole, that’s fans got to the point where they’ve had enough. A lot of these fans were prepared to give him time but even they have got to a point

now where he can’t continue. 

Sorry Toque but your points are selective and moot. 

The argument over CL is done. All AB has done worh this statement is back a 3 legged horse. The issue is now how much of her reputation is being tarnished as a result of it.

Well said.

10 games, Davie? Or 10-20, maybe? Why not 30?

I nearly stopped reading at the “hurting just as much” claptrap, but I’m glad I continued with his hospitality bar ramblings until I reached the bit where he wants us to tolerate yet another season being written off.

12 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Davie Weir issues defiant Ann Budge Hearts defence as owner comes under fire

Gavin Berry
7-9 minutes

We will use your email address only for the purpose of sending you newsletters. Please see ourPrivacy Noticefor details of your data protection rights

Could not subscribe, try again laterInvalid Email

Davie Weir insists Hearts fans can protest as loudly as they want against Craig Levein.

But he insists it will fall on deaf ears if the club’s most powerful supporter Ann Budge continues to back him.

Budge might be the Jambos owner charged with making key decisions but she is a dyed-in-the-wool supporter first and foremost.

And the same can be said of her fellow board members who are hurting as much as those who laid siege to Tynecastle after last week’s defeat to Motherwell.

That 3-2 loss saw Hearts slump to rock bottom in the Scottish Premiership and they have won just one league game in 12 in a wretched run stretching back to last season.

The heat is now on Levein ahead of Sunday’s trip across Edinburgh where they face bitter rivals Hibs who only have one victory in their last 11 in the league.

But Weir - a 1998 Scottish Cup winner with Hearts - believes former Scotland boss Levein should be judged after 20 games with the chance to book a Betfred Cup semi-final place just days after the derby when they host Aberdeen.

He concedes it is a unique situation with Levein having moved into the dug-out from his director of football role and the ex-stopper can’t see him returning to that position if the axe does fall.

Budge was willing to pull the trigger to end the disastrous Ian Cathro spell and fed-up fans have accused of her of blind loyalty where Levein is concerned after releasing a statement insisting there will be no knee-jerk reaction to the current run.

Weir praised her for being strong amid supporter unrest and said: “Obviously the fans can protest and show what they think but ultimately it’s the board or the owner that will make the decision.

1_19281896.jpg

“You live by the nature of your relationship with the owner. If the owner trusts you and wants you to remain the manager then that’s the key relationship.

“She obviously holds him in high regard and is going to support him in what is a difficult time because she values him and that’s the most important thing.

“Obviously the fans are the lifeblood of the club and they are very vocal and passionate at Hearts so Ann Budge will be in no doubt what they think.

“She’s from a family of Hearts fans and the board are Hearts fans. There’s emotion involved in it but they are making a business decision, there’s no doubt about that.

“I thought her statement was great. Look at what Ann has done for the club. For her to say they weren’t going to react like other football clubs usually do, starting just to change manager every time there’s a problem, was great.

0_19281892.jpg

“She’s made it clear they have a longer term plan and they’re going to see it through. Time will tell if that’s the case. We’ve heard all these things before.

“But the way she works is very different. And it was good to hear. If you bring a manager in, you have to support him and back him, give him time to carry out the plan.

“She’s not the typical owner. it’s refreshing. At Hearts, it’s quite complicated because of the fans contributing. If the fans are protesting, then they start withdrawing their money, that obviously changes things for the ownership.

“That’s what makes it more interesting, the fact that she’s aware of it, that she wants the fans to have an involvement and input in how the club’s run.

“But, on this occasion, she’s putting her head above the parapet. And that takes guts. There are a lot of fans contributing a lot of money to the club every month through the foundation.

0_JS192675433.jpg

“If a thousand of them are protesting outside, there are going to be ramifications from that. But she obviously believes in Craig and what he’s doing.

“Of course, it can’t go on like this forever with fans protesting and nobody wants that - the fans don’t want to be doing that and Craig certainly doesn’t want it.

“But you’d imagine Hearts form will turn round because they’ve got better players than what they’ve shown so far after five league games.

“It’s a real small sample size in terms of where they are. The points total isn’t good enough but judge him after 10 or 20 games - which seems a long way away - which is a fairer time to judge him.

“They’ve got the derby on Sunday and then Aberdeen in the cup and if they win those two games then it’s forgotten because all of a sudden they’re back in a relatively healthy position in the league and 90 minutes from a cup final.

“The dynamic suddenly changes and that’s how football works. It’s wrong it can change so quickly and you can go from being close to the sack to close to winning a trophy.

“The best clubs have had stability and success built on that. Within that stability there will always be bad times and struggles but that’s when you need your owner and the backing.

“That’s when the relationship becomes really important and there’s obviously a really strong relationship at Hearts but Craig will know the reality of being a manager.

“You can never say never but I couldn’t see him going back to the director of football role. It’s a complicated situation and very unusual in terms of the sporting director becoming the manager.”

Levein had Hearts flying high in the league last season before horrendous luck with injuries to key players took its toll. But despite dropping like a stone in the table, they still reached the Scottish Cup final where they lost to Celtic.

0_Scottish-Cup-Final-Heart-of-Midlothian

(Image: Action Images via Reuters)

The Tynecastle treatment room has been a busy place again but Weir believes having the experienced Steven Naismith available again for the trip to Easter Road could be crucial.

Weir played alongside the 33-year-old at Rangers, and he had to withdraw from Scotland duty with a hamstring problem, but could be back in action for the Hibs showdown.

And Weir said: “Steven will relish Sunday. He is perfect for it. The players, the fans, the management will all get a big boost from him being available.

“Steven is a big-game player. He enjoys them and will rise to the challenge. He might not be the best player in the game but you know you will get something from him.

“You always know that Steven will do something in the game for you. When we were going into an Old Firm game, if Steven was in the team we were happy.

0_JS189834671.jpg

“It will be the same with a Hearts-Hibs game. The players will look around the dressing-room and think about who will help get something from the game.

“They will see Steven and it will give them a lift. It is mentality, he has got a hunger, a desire to win, he doesn’t like losing, it is something that he and the better players in these games have always had.

“When your better players - like Steven Naismith, John Souttar and now Conor Washington - are out right down the spine of your team then you’re going to find it difficult.

“But being a manager is about finding a way to get results and Hearts can’t plead poverty because they’ve got a big squad and good players, but they’re certainly missing some of the best ones.”

Davie Weir were speaking at the William Hill Ayr Gold Cup draw. The Gold Cup takes place on Saturday 21st September at 3:50pm.

Cracking read from an intelligent genuine man.

6 minutes ago, leginten said:

I nearly stopped reading at the “hurting just as much” claptrap, but I’m glad I continued with his hospitality bar ramblings until I reached the bit where he wants us to tolerate yet another season being written off.

I get the impression he has not checked the last 30 league games!

1 hour ago, leginten said:

No, you don’t need to qualify everything with ”IMO”. But on a thread where there is a wide range of opinions about what was meant, it might have been less arrogant not to refer to the “brute stupidity” of those who hadn’t reached the same conclusion.

Anyway (feeling like Paxman here), I’ll lob in my question for the third time on the off-chance that it might get an answer: if your theory is correct, do you think it was appropriate for the owner of Hearts to use an official statement to the fans at a time of crisis to pursue a petty spat with Michael Stewart?

I've been ignoring your question in the hope you would see how nonsensical it is...Who said the statement was just  the pursuit of a petty spat with Michael Stewart? Not me. I just said the use of the word "genuine" was to exclude the writer of the BBC article from 2 days earlier. The statement is far more wide-ranging than how YOU have described it.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I take it Davie Weir has a freebie matchday guest invite coming up?

Presume so. Or he’s just doing what AB did - and judging us by this season alone. I guess we are all being too harsh on auld Craigy boy. Far too early to judge him. He can still fix this after all.. 

The plethora of defeats and poor performances from last season - they don’t count mind 🙄

10 minutes ago, leginten said:

Precisely.

Even on the "Next 4 games" thread we had pro-Levein posters saying he needed 9/10 points, but now it comes down to the next two games because they are "key", apparently.

I can only imagine we get extra points for winning a derby. Are 'non-key' games free to watch?

Goalposts shifting all over the place.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fair play. The club responded to my question on "genuine supporters" and it is a good response. It seems I wasn't the only one asking the question either. :clap:

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

TBF if he comes up with coherent rationale like that off the cuff whilst imbibing refreshments at a media junket for a horse race, then he would be the perfect candidate to replace Levein! 

1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I’m wondering if it would be possible to set up a sub-forum for those on here like myself who don’t feel “alienated”, are not “at war with the club”, are sick of the mind-numbingly stupid internet foaming on here and, instead are just disappointed in how poor we are just now, and can’t see a way CL can turn this around?

Think there used to be one... but it got merged. :lol:

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Fair play. The club responded to my question on "genuine supporters" and it is a good response. It seems I wasn't the only one asking the question either. :clap:

Yes, that absolute ****ing crackpot Hendricks got a wee pat on the head too, I hear.

2 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

100% agree. Very well put.

And for the record I'm a genuine Hearts fan who, while being pissed off at our current predicament, is not offended by the AB statement.

Well said (Spellczech , SRB too) .

The others , constantly debating 'genuine fans' phrase are making themselves look ridiculous .

Personally think they couldn't find anything to strap their faux outrage onto so , desperately , clutched at this stock phrase

Big Slim Stylee
9 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Cracking read from an intelligent genuine man.

Seems eminently reasonable to me. But the state of some on here will no doubt ensure that it gets rubbished. Oh hang on it’s started....

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I've been ignoring your question in the hope you would see how nonsensical it is...Who said the statement was just  the pursuit of a petty spat with Michael Stewart? Not me. I just said the use of the word "genuine" was to exclude the writer of the BBC article from 2 days earlier. The statement is far more wide-ranging than how YOU have described it.

You’re the only one who has even mentioned the idea that the statement might only be the pursuit of a petty spat. Tell you what, maybe your reading skills aren’t quite as hot as you claimed they were above.

I merely asked (4th time lucky?) if you thought it was appropriate for an official club statement to be used for the pursuit of a spat with Michael Stewart at a time when the concern of the supporters is that we’re foot of the table and haven’t won a league match in six months.

Edited by leginten

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Davie weir is hardly qualified to comment on anybody's coaching. 

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Think there used to be one... but it got merged. :lol:

There’s world-class merging talent upstairs. 

12 minutes ago, ford donald said:

I get the impression he has not checked the last 30 league games!

Yep another one who think we have only been shite for 5 games!!!! 

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Precisely.

Even on the "Next 4 games" thread we had pro-Levein posters saying he needed 9/10 points, but now it comes down to the next two games because they are "key", apparently.

I can only imagine we get extra points for winning a derby. Are 'non-key' games free to watch?

Goalposts shifting all over the place.

We’re playing our joker. 

Euan Henderson to come on at right-back. 

It’s a nine-pointer.

1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I thought we were piss poor on Saturday. Bereft of ideas. But it’s the semi-literate rants from people like you that I find almost as objectionable as the state of our first team.

Sick of excuses, excuses, excuses Hearts team is a shambles and has been for far too long. I cringe when I see the mistakes that Levein makes he and his coaching staff wouldn't get a job with East Stirling.

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

People need to stop giving the attention to the trolls they clearly crave.

Anyone who still blindly supports the set up we have just now is either at the wind up or simply suffering some kind of stockholm syndrome.

It's too late for Craig to turn it around. It's far from too late for Ann but if she doesn't giver herself a good shake and do the right thing then she needs to go too. The best outcome for everyone is Ann pulls the trigger, installs a proper manager and we can get back to supporting her as well as the club. 

Yep, that's it. It's not really that difficult is it but as long as she as her ever-dwindling clutch of happy clappers she'll persist. Two or three of the persistent Queen Ann squad on here are exactly what she wants in Tynecastle on match day - compliant bordering on sycophantic.. Exactly the sort of "genuine" fan she's looking for. It's Ann's club and she's running it as she wants with those closest to her at Board level appearing to be subservient to such an extent the club is being eroded on a weekly basis.

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Care to share?  Or even just the gist of it?