Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Haken said:

Care to share?  Or even just the gist of it?

Not sure I should copy and paste but the gist of it is that she wants no truck with the reprobates who are writing graffiti etc. which is completely fair. From the tone of it, she's extremely pissed off at how things are going.

Oh, and most importantly, disagreeing with her does not mean you are not a genuine fan.

As I say, I wasn't the first to ask.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

9 minutes ago, leginten said:

We’re playing our joker. 

Euan Henderson to come on at right-back. 

It’s a nine-pointer.

Not at right back again, i hope.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Nice statement,,always remember the league positions never lie,the best at the top the crap at the bottom.

Thankfully not decided after 5 games though.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not sure I should copy and paste but the gist of it is that she wants no truck with the reprobates who are writing graffiti etc. which is completely fair. From the tone of it, she's extremely pissed off at how things are going.

Oh, and most importantly, disagreeing with her does not mean you are not a genuine fan.

Thanks Geoff.  Appreciated.

On 19/09/2019 at 12:02, Boris said:

I wonder if she was referring to those that don't graffiti threatening messages on walls and bridges?

On 19/09/2019 at 12:03, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The most convenient get out ever.

On 19/09/2019 at 12:08, Boris said:

It may well be!  Who knows?

Even it was the case, who would believe her?

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Oh ye of little faith!

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Boris said:

Oh ye of little faith!

Perhaps. Getting it from the horse's mouth was better than the endless speculation though.

Central Belt 1874
23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Precisely.

Even on the "Next 4 games" thread we had pro-Levein posters saying he needed 9/10 points, but now it comes down to the next two games because they are "key", apparently.

I can only imagine we get extra points for winning a derby. Are 'non-key' games free to watch?

Goalposts shifting all over the place.

True.

Is Davie Weir suggesting that the plans about to pay off in the last few months of his contract? Over 2 years of crap football, two sixth placed finishes and currently bottom of the league months before his contract ends and it's all going to come together nicely?? 

26 minutes ago, leginten said:

You’re the only one who has even mentioned the idea that the statement might only be the pursuit of a petty spat. Tell you what, maybe your reading skills aren’t quite as hot as you claimed they were above.

I merely asked (4th time lucky?) if you thought it was appropriate for an official club statement to be used for the pursuit of a spat with Michael Stewart at a time when the concern of the supporters is that we’re foot of the table and haven’t won a league match in six months.

??????????????? I never said anything of the sort!!!! YOU are the only one saying anything about petty spats - I never used either word until responding TO YOU!!! Haha

I've made very clear what I was talking about - I was talking about the "genuine" of genuine fans that you are all seizing upon as if she is meaning you...You are writing rubbish, saying I wrote it, then asking me to comment on it! It's nonsensical!!!!

Edited by Spellczech

22 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Seems eminently reasonable to me. But the state of some on here will no doubt ensure that it gets rubbished. Oh hang on it’s started....

Weir will be discredited soon enough. 

By page 24 he'll be Craig Levein and Ann's illegitimate love child being paid a wage to write made up stories for the red tops. 

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not sure any of this is a surprise. Seemed pretty obvious to me that a reference to 'genuine' excluded those who could potentially bring the club into actual or perceived disrepute, i.e. racist, homophobic abuse , any form of violence, smoke bombs etc.  I'm sure these individuals contribute to Hears in other ways and feel their support should be as valued as anyone's, but it's also about what's genuinely good for the club and not acting like a dick.  Criticism of CL, AB or anyone else is entirely acceptable - as long as it's not done in a dickish manner.

13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Many of us assumed that was the case . Those that chose to think otherwise have , I'm sure , their reasons

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Genuine Hearts fans do not cosy up with anyone associated with Hibernian Football club

download.jpg

Spot on. No respect should ever be given to that ****ing scum down at Lochend. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

🤮

Ann has recently employed her nephew to run the Hearts bar too. 

Trolls Hearts fans on Twitter regular. 

Didn’t Budge employ her Hibee brother and give him a fat salary as part of work on the new stand as well?

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Didn’t Budge employ her Hibee brother and give him a fat salary as part of work on the new stand as well?

£3.3 million at last count, I believe.

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

??????????????? I never said anything of the sort!!!! YOU are the only one saying anything about petty spats - I never used either word until responding TO YOU!!! Haha

I've made very clear what I was talking about - I was talking about the "genuine" of genuine fans that you are all seizing upon as if she is meaning you...You are writing rubbish, saying I wrote it, then asking me to comment on it! It's nonsensical!!!!

No, you suggested I was claiming that the statement was only about her spat with Stewart. Which, of course, I didn’t do.

I won’t ask my question for the fifth time, as for obvious reasons you won’t answer it.

14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Perhaps. Getting it from the horse's mouth was better than the endless speculation though.

There is a lesson there in not taking things so personally...

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Spellczech said:

There is a lesson there in not taking things so personally...

There is also a lesson for Ann in choosing her words a little better. If I was a minority of one you might have a point.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There is also a lesson for Ann in choosing her words a little better. If I was a minority of one you might have a point.

Exactly. I’ll look forward to her clarification on the official website for the 99.99% of Hearts fans she apparently wasn’t addressing.

5 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Ann Budge appears to believe that she can decide who “genuine” hearts fans are and if we do not agree with her “plan” then we are not such fans. Childish statement from her and I’m disappointed because I thought she was more intelligent than that. She’s just lost a lot of respect from those that have backed her. 

Hope that clears that up for you.

Clears it up just fine. So you do think she was meaning you that is not a genuine fan.

11 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

She already has our commentary team on Hearts TV on the fence neutral*, it will not be long before Scott Wilson is banging out Sunshine on Leigh, 500 miles and Fish at half time.

This is not a dig at Laurie and Jimmy btw, I think they are actually very good and I personally like Laurie but it is clear something has been said to them.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

She already has our commentary team on Hearts TV on the fence neutral*, it will not be long before Scott Wilson is banging out Sunshine on Leigh, 500 miles and Fish at half time.

This is not a dig at Laurie and Jimmy btw, I think they are actually very good and I personally like Laurie but it is clear something has been said to them.

That's utter pish!

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's utter pish!

Not to me.  I stream almost every game now.  I listen to Rangers and Dons TV and it is real biased stuff, as it should be (the clue is in the channels name) and ours is all lovey dovey.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Not to me.  I stream almost every game now.  I listen to Rangers and Dons TV and it is real biased stuff, as it should be (the clue is in the channels name) and ours is all lovey dovey.

And I'd rather listen to people commentating on the game than the feckwits on either of those two channels. Sounds like you want Sky Sports Fanzone, the ultimate in tragic new breed fandom along with half and half scarves. I don't. Hearts.tv has been excellent this season. Pity about what they have to commentate on.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And I'd rather listen to people commentating on the game than the feckwits on either of those two channels. Sounds like you want Sky Sports Fanzone, the ultimate in tragic new breed fandom along with half and half scarves. I don't. Hearts.tv has been excellent this season. Pity about what they have to commentate on.

No, I want commentary that favours Hearts with every ball.  It is not a huge ask.  it is called "Hearts TV" - pretty ****ing basic shit really Geoffy boy.

I think they are very good commentators, I couldn't do that job but it is too much like everything else at our unicorn club right now - just too nice.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

She also described the people who wanted Levein to go as a "pile of fans" just recently.

Could give a clue as to what she meant by "genuine fans"

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, i8hibsh said:

No, I want commentary that favours Hearts with every ball.  It is not a huge ask.  it is called "Hearts TV" - pretty ****ing basic shit really Geoffy boy.

I think they are very good commentators, I couldn't do that job but it is too much like everything else at our unicorn club right now - just too nice.

If you're actually watching the games then you should be able to share actual examples of what you mean. When you've been dominated by Ross County, fecked up against Hamilton and been humped by Motherwell I'm not sure what else you could do. Unless you want a Hearts version of Tom Millar of course.

Maybe you should try it though. Believe me, it isn't as easy as you think having done it.

17 minutes ago, leginten said:

No, you suggested I was claiming that the statement was only about her spat with Stewart. Which, of course, I didn’t do.

I won’t ask my question for the fifth time, as for obvious reasons you won’t answer it.

??????? You've totally lost me...

Here is what you've been asking:

"Anyway (feeling like Paxman here), I’ll lob in my question for the third time on the off-chance that it might get an answer: if your theory is correct, do you think it was appropriate for the owner of Hearts to use an official statement to the fans at a time of crisis to pursue a petty spat with Michael Stewart?"

I never once said it was a petty spat with Michael Stewart, I said that my interpretation was that the timing of the statement was a reaction to Stewart's article and that word "genuine" was to exclude Stewart, when addressing Hearts fans. 

You mentioned "petty spats" not me... Now you are saying you never said the statement was only about Michael Stewart. Well neither did I!!!!

Any, like I also said, it wasn't about Geoff, and he's had this confirmed directly by the club, so all is good!

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If you're actually watching the games then you should be able to share actual examples of what you mean. When you've been dominated by Ross County, fecked up against Hamilton and been humped by Motherwell I'm not sure what else you could do. Unless you want a Hearts version of Tom Millar of course.

Maybe you should try it though. Believe me, it isn't as easy as you think having done it.

And again ................"I couldn't do that job".

It sums up the general atmosphere at Tynecastle well though.  We should just start inviting ex players form the opposition for after dinner speeches and to co - commentate.

It should have been ten
26 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Ann's attitude to fans.....My way or the highway.......!!

Like most football club owners then 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Cracking read from an intelligent genuine man.

Your shite attempts at trolling are as predictable as they are tiresome.

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

??????? You've totally lost me...

Here is what you've been asking:

"Anyway (feeling like Paxman here), I’ll lob in my question for the third time on the off-chance that it might get an answer: if your theory is correct, do you think it was appropriate for the owner of Hearts to use an official statement to the fans at a time of crisis to pursue a petty spat with Michael Stewart?"

I never once said it was a petty spat with Michael Stewart, I said that my interpretation was that the timing of the statement was a reaction to Stewart's article and that word "genuine" was to exclude Stewart, when addressing Hearts fans. 

You mentioned "petty spats" not me... Now you are saying you never said the statement was only about Michael Stewart. Well neither did I!!!!

Any, like I also said, it wasn't about Geoff, and he's had this confirmed directly by the club, so all is good!

Time to give up on this one. But next time I read you extolling your own reading skills, I’ll know what to expect.

MarkDevriesScores4
21 minutes ago, graygo said:

Clears it up just fine. So you do think she was meaning you that is not a genuine fan.

Unless you support her and Craig’s plan, it’s abundantly clear she sees you not as a genuine hearts fan. So that covers the majority of us

Just now, It should have been ten said:

Like most football club owners then 

Is there another owner around who cleanses the support and is almost at her goal of selective;y hand picking them?

Working Class - that will be right

Single lads - that will be right

Fans who shout abuse - that will be right

Fans who have said something offensive in their life - that will be right

Fans who have had a wee pre-match swally that will be right

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is there another owner around who cleanses the support and is almost at her goal of selective;y hand picking them?

I’m every one of them and i’m welcomed at Tynecastle with open arms.

Apart from the single bit. I become single at the football though. 🥴

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

And again ................"I couldn't do that job".

It sums up the general atmosphere at Tynecastle well though.  We should just start inviting ex players form the opposition for after dinner speeches and to co - commentate.

Seriously, you've lost the plot.

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Unless you support her and Craig’s plan, it’s abundantly clear she sees you not as a genuine hearts fan. So that covers the majority of us

That's incorrect based on her response.

10 minutes ago, leginten said:

Time to give up on this one. But next time I read you extolling your own reading skills, I’ll know what to expect.

Well I sure cannot extol yours...If you want someone to engage with you, quote what they say, don't paraphrase incorrectly then ask them to comment!

15 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

See Geoff’s explanation direct from the horse’s mouth. 

45 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

yeah well, the reasons for why you, and indeed others, may have suspected you were being excluded from the "genuine Hearts supporters" club is a private matter between you and whatever God you venerate!

Amen 😉

Edited by Spellczech

20 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Maybe you should ask her if that's what she meant, or better still, scroll back and read Geoff,'s post about the reply he got to the same question.

Edit: Already covered above.

Edited by graygo

Just now, Spellczech said:

yeah well, the reasons for why you, and indeed others, may have suspected you were being excluded from the "geuine Hearts supporters" club is a private matter between you and whatever God you venerate!

Amen 😉

Are you being genuine there? 🤔

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think a lot of folks told you that previously (and you probably had already worked it out yourself!), still if you have had it ‘straight from the horses mouth’ and are now happy I’m pleased!

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You've become a parody of yourself. You're the kickback version of Chick Young ffs. 

MarkDevriesScores4
6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's incorrect based on her response.

So why was her plan only addressed to genuine hearts fans? Because those that disagree are seen as surplus to requirements?

She says that it makes no sense to rip up plans. No one is asking her to rip up plans. Changing manager does not mean ripping up plans unless your plans are 100% built around said manager. If that is the case then Craig is bombproof. 

I have backed Ann in the past and continue to do so but I did feel her statement was an immature, contradictory pile of nonsense and I expected more. By opening with the “genuine fans” statement she has antagonised a hornets nest and I do not think it was very well thought through.

3 minutes ago, jamboj said:

You've become a parody of yourself. You're the kickback version of Chick Young ffs. 

I talk the most sense on here.