Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

55 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Not true. Some would but that wouldn't cause strife in the club if there was an overwhelming stay vote. Voting leave puts pressure on the club to act and causes divisions so far more effective. And who said it would only be vermin voting.  

There is no divisions in our support Levein has to be sacked

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Still waiting for Ann to clarify her "genuine fans" comment. I suppose she sees nothing wrong with it.

I’m sure the ‘genuine fans’ know who they are (and are totally relaxed whether they are totally pro or completely anti) but ........... those that are uptight about the reference to ‘genuine fans’ perhaps feel some guilt or have something to hide? Otherwise why would they react?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’m sure the ‘genuine fans’ know who they are (and are totally relaxed whether they are totally pro or completely anti) but ........... those that are uptight about the reference to ‘genuine fans’ perhaps feel some guilt or have something to hide? Otherwise why would they react?

Why should anyone feel guilty or be hiding something from supporting a football club? That's as bizarre as the genuine fan comment.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why should anyone feel guilty or be hiding something from supporting a football club? That's as bizarre as the genuine fan comment.

Exactly correct - genuine Hearts fans are just that .... genuine, you know that I know that!

However what makes some people upset at a reference to genuine fans??

Law abiding citizens have nothing to worry about .... am I being accused of being a criminal??

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Exactly correct - genuine Hearts fans are just that .... genuine, you know that I know that!

However what makes some people upset at a reference to genuine fans??

Law abiding citizens have nothing to worry about .... am I being accused of being a criminal??

People are upset because the owner of the club made a deliberately divisive comment, implying that some undefined Hearts fans are not genuine. So why shouldn't we ask her to clarify what she means as we have scores of different interpretations at to who is or isn't genuine.

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

People are upset because the owner of the club made a deliberately divisive comment, implying that some undefined Hearts fans are not genuine. So why shouldn't we ask her to clarify what she means as we have scores of different interpretations at to who is or isn't genuine.

Why would someone that is a genuine fan have any concerns? Let individuals decide that for themselves.

Clearly someone that sprays walls with death threats is probably not a genuine fan if only because their behaviour would be deemed unacceptable by law abiding citizens! 

But sadly I’m sure there are some that would claim the end justifies their means, no matter how vile and extreme their actions are -  these individuals will drive ‘genuine fans’ away from Hearts and discourage others from becoming supporters!

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Why would someone that is a genuine fan have any concerns? Let individuals decide that for themselves.

Clearly someone that sprays walls with death threats is probably not a genuine fan if only because their behaviour would be deemed unacceptable by law abiding citizens! 

But sadly I’m sure there are some that would claim the end justifies their means, no matter how vile and extreme their actions are -  these individuals will drive ‘genuine fans’ away from Hearts and discourage others from becoming supporters!

If Ann Budge was simply referring to one reprobate I would agree. If so, she could easily have said that. As it stands, it is a passive aggressive shot at fans who have the temerity to disagree with her and Levein's plan.

annushorribilis III
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If Ann Budge was simply referring to one reprobate I would agree. If so, she could easily have said that. As it stands, it is a passive aggressive shot at fans who have the temerity to disagree with her and Levein's plan.

In a nutshell.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It could be interpreted that way, however I’m sure it was a reference to the ‘lawbreakers’!

I’m sure cries of “Levein OUT” are deemed acceptable!

And Hearts like all clubs have had many, “..... OUT” campaigns over the years, including; Seith, Lindsay, Pie-Man, Jordan, Romanov, Rix, Mercer, Hagart, Ormond etc to name a few!!

23 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As it stands, it is a passive aggressive shot at fans who have the temerity to disagree with her and Levein's plan.

It is clearly nothing of the kind . I was going to suggest this is a passive aggressive statement . It's not , it's simply idiotic

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Maybe unlikely but not impossible that we win our next two games comfortably and build on it - Naismith playing might just be enough if he's fit ofc

in the further unlikely event that levein starts getting some fans back onside hopefully hearts fans genuine or otherwise  won't just let this statement on top of the many others wash away 

shes done great in many ways and some of the criticism is horrendous but her disdain is there for all to see (eventually)

thanks queen Ann time to move on in the not too distant future

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Maybe it just referred to her only addressing the people who aren’t bellends and don’t write such things as hang Ann Budge on things. People who don’t feel the need to bring racist or sectarian shite into the club , ones who don’t feel the need to break the law to make their point. Everyone who speaks to her says she engages with them. The comment is no doubt divisive but nothing wrong with not wanting to engage people like that. 

If aimed solely at people who don’t feel the need to abuse her in the way a few have chosen to do then fair enough. Many people can make their point and protest and jump up and down without doing the things above. If it bothers folk that much why don’t they get in touch with her and ask her. Pretty sure if you did that and were respectful she’d be the same right back. 

Who knows

Unless its all just a ploy and she’s in cahoots with Ron and they Hecky and Levein are all being paid off by the SFA to **** up Edinburgh football. 

4 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Maybe unlikely but not impossible that we win our next two games comfortably and build on it - Naismith playing might just be enough if he's fit ofc

in the further unlikely event that levein starts getting some fans back onside hopefully hearts fans genuine or otherwise  won't just let this statement on top of the many others wash away 

shes done great in many ways and some of the criticism is horrendous but her disdain is there for all to see (eventually)

thanks queen Ann time to move on in the not too distant future

If that disdain is for the bellends as referenced above its maybe not how people expect football to work but its normal in business. If you walk into Tesco and start shouting obscenities and hang the manager , the manager isnt going to address you. You walk in speak to them respectfully while making your point they will respond in kind. If written with disdain toward an element of the support , however ill advised or not its more jumped on because we as fans are seeing things negatively and rightly so. Those who shout loudest and all that

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

If that disdain is for the bellends as referenced above its maybe not how people expect football to work but its normal in business. If you walk into Tesco and start shouting obscenities and hang the manager , the manager isnt going to address you. You walk in speak to them respectfully while making your point they will respond in kind. If written with disdain toward an element of the support , however ill advised or not its more jumped on because we as fans are seeing things negatively and rightly so. Those who shout loudest and all that

think there's evidence that it's not just for the bellends though

she tried to tear the young team a new one - i dint think her approach worked but most would understand where she was coming from

she then went after folk who called big fat mixu fat - an incident big mixu was fine with pretty much but queen Ann was all over it 

plenty other incidents and statements including her cosying-up to hibs - totally out of touch 

the weather I mean the seats etc 

theres a wide spread change in attitude (maybe temporary) towards queen Ann - that's an accumulative effect

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

It is clearly nothing of the kind . I was going to suggest this is a passive aggressive statement . It's not , it's simply idiotic

Cool story. So what does it mean then?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Maybe it just referred to her only addressing the people who aren’t bellends and don’t write such things as hang Ann Budge on things. People who don’t feel the need to bring racist or sectarian shite into the club , ones who don’t feel the need to break the law to make their point. Everyone who speaks to her says she engages with them. The comment is no doubt divisive but nothing wrong with not wanting to engage people like that. 

If aimed solely at people who don’t feel the need to abuse her in the way a few have chosen to do then fair enough. Many people can make their point and protest and jump up and down without doing the things above. If it bothers folk that much why don’t they get in touch with her and ask her. Pretty sure if you did that and were respectful she’d be the same right back. 

Who knows

Unless its all just a ploy and she’s in cahoots with Ron and they Hecky and Levein are all being paid off by the SFA to **** up Edinburgh football. 

Your first paragraph makes my point. It is completely unclear as to whom she is referring to.

However, I might just ask her what she means by "genuine". I reached out to Stuart Wallace and he didn't reply so let's hope Ann is more responsive.

Disgraceful statement from a person showing themselves utterly out of their depth when running a football club and someone who has utter contempt for all the ‘genuine fane’ plowing cash in to watch this *****

Infrastructure, charity work etc is all well and good but I care about results and if she can’t remove personal feelings from a football decision she should be big enough to admit it and stand down.

She is now the main problem from the club moving forwards and regardless of what she has done in the past, that’s not acceptable and she should do the right thing and resign along with Levein.

9 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

What are you on about?

Pretty obvious I thought, you are up in arms because Ann Budge implied that some of our supporters are not genuine fans, you've said that you are not amongst them so who is it that is and why are you upset on their behalf?

18 minutes ago, Jason Dufner said:

Disgraceful statement from a person showing themselves utterly out of their depth when running a football club and someone who has utter contempt for all the ‘genuine fane’ plowing cash in to watch this *****

Infrastructure, charity work etc is all well and good but I care about results and if she can’t remove personal feelings from a football decision she should be big enough to admit it and stand down.

She is now the main problem from the club moving forwards and regardless of what she has done in the past, that’s not acceptable and she should do the right thing and resign along with Levein.

How does she resign? She owns the fecking club.

21 minutes ago, graygo said:

How does she resign? She owns the fecking club.

She resigns as chairwoman, seemed pretty obvious to me

10 minutes ago, Jason Dufner said:

She resigns as chairwoman, seemed pretty obvious to me

What difference would that make? A chairperson will still do what the owner tells them to do.

She's (probably) away at the end of the season, just have to be patient.

Has ever one word caused so much pain?  Take out the word 'genuine' from the statement and an awful lot of posts disappear.

She must clarify her meaning!  Why?  Because some folk are assuming it's aimed at them?

Here's my take on a 'genuine' fan - it's someone who does what they can to support the club.  That could include buying season tickets, paying for walk-up entry, going to away games, buying merchandise, buying food/drink from the snack bars and bar, subscribing to Hearts World, being a member of FoH.  I've undoubtedly missed a few things.

But instead, it's widely interpreted as a slight against anyone who is not happy with the way things are going.  I'm not happy with the way things are going, but I don't feel it was aimed at me.  Why do 'you' feel it was aimed at 'you'?

And just for clarification, I'm still not happy with the way things are going and it's been going that way for much more than the first 5 league games of this season.

17 minutes ago, Haken said:

Has ever one word caused so much pain?  Take out the word 'genuine' from the statement and an awful lot of posts disappear.

She must clarify her meaning!  Why?  Because some folk are assuming it's aimed at them?

Here's my take on a 'genuine' fan - it's someone who does what they can to support the club.  That could include buying season tickets, paying for walk-up entry, going to away games, buying merchandise, buying food/drink from the snack bars and bar, subscribing to Hearts World, being a member of FoH.  I've undoubtedly missed a few things.

But instead, it's widely interpreted as a slight against anyone who is not happy with the way things are going.  I'm not happy with the way things are going, but I don't feel it was aimed at me.  Why do 'you' feel it was aimed at 'you'?

And just for clarification, I'm still not happy with the way things are going and it's been going that way for much more than the first 5 league games of this season.

It really shouldn’t need explaining.

The normal thing to write would be: “To all Hearts fans”. Perfectly simple.

She chose to insert the word “genuine”, implying that some fans are not genuine. People are bound to wonder why she did it. Two days on it still looks like a particularly classless and snide thing to have done. She’s the only person who can explain it.

20 minutes ago, Haken said:

Come on, she had a wee dig at certain fans and now she is facing the music because of it. 

6 minutes ago, leginten said:

She chose to insert the word “genuine”, implying that some fans are not genuine. People are bound to wonder why she did it. Two days on it still looks like a particularly classless and snide thing to have done. She’s the only person who can explain it.

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Come on, she had a wee dig at certain fans and now she is facing the music because of it. 

Down to interpretation, though I did point out if the word had been left out, there wouldn't be as much noise.

People that upset over the word 'genuine' that they are emailing the club?! FFS, get a grip. She's had a rant, clearly hacked off, like we all are, but the desperation to be offended on here is comical. 

5 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

People that upset over the word 'genuine' that they are emailing the club?! FFS, get a grip. She's had a rant, clearly hacked off, like we all are, but the desperation to be offended on here is comical. 

Let’s be honest here she’s hacked off for very different reasons than we are.

31 minutes ago, Haken said:

I'm pretty ambivalent about the genuine fan comment.

It's the disingenous assertion that our poor run only consists of 5 league games which has left me seething.

5 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

The problem is she is meant to be the reasonable, calming influence not the person lobbing grenades.

Also this is on top of a number of other comments that seem to add up to her thinking she is better than some Hearts fans.

Not a good look.

MarkDevriesScores4
4 hours ago, graygo said:

Pretty obvious I thought, you are up in arms because Ann Budge implied that some of our supporters are not genuine fans, you've said that you are not amongst them so who is it that is and why are you upset on their behalf?

Ann Budge appears to believe that she can decide who “genuine” hearts fans are and if we do not agree with her “plan” then we are not such fans. Childish statement from her and I’m disappointed because I thought she was more intelligent than that. She’s just lost a lot of respect from those that have backed her. 

Hope that clears that up for you.

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, jambogaza said:

So we need another statement, to clarify the statement?

How about winning football matches?

Best she keeps quiet it would appear. 

Maybe she’ll get us a genuine manager in the next few weeks. Here’s hoping.

FWIW any statement that did not include, “Thanks for the hard work and advice Craig but time to retire/**** off was never going to appease the fans.

Been handled poorly though

Edited by Jamhammer

3 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

The problem is she is meant to be the reasonable, calming influence not the person lobbing grenades.

Also this is on top of a number of other comments that seem to add up to her thinking she is better than some Hearts fans.

Not a good look.

Indeed. The statement demonstrates a lack of judgement on her part - at a time when her judgement on other matters is rightly being called into question. Not a smart move at all. 

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Good morning genuine hearts fans 

Don’t know if that applies to me any more. 😪

Maybe she needs to set us tests. 

50 minutes ago, Haken said:

:greatpost:

This whole communication is a disaster;

* It reads like a letter from you mum, leave poor Craig alone, his bad behaviour is improving... surely the final embarrassment for him.

* I gave up half way through, far far too long. Who was this for? It reads like a policy document from an insurance company. “Craig has my support he’s staying” would have been enough. 

* It ignores the truth, Craig’s time is up, he has failed..we are bottom of the league, his woeful signings and dinosaur football has us in a relegation battle. 

Attempting to put sugar on top of the reality shows she is completely out of her depth and is now negligent. 

There are people actually posting on here that everything is great with the Football Club apart from the football side of the business!! FFS !! 🤣

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
36 minutes ago, leginten said:

strachan did similar when he was about to get emptied from the Scotland job - this time referring to the "real people" he bumped into who all wanted him to stay

he was rightly torn a new one on off the ball for it by the guys who had been relatively sympathetic towards him prior to that

:)

2 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

There are people actually posting on here that everything is great with the Football Club apart from the football side of the business!! FFS !! 🤣

Yes. It’s the new way. The “football department” is only one consideration of many. Once we’ve all given up coming to matches in despair, we’ll be able to come and look at the new stand on any day of the week we choose. Or sit at home and admire the healthy accounts online. It’s a vast new world of possibilities.

Geoff Kilpatrick
52 minutes ago, leginten said:

Exactly this.

17 hours ago, Boris said:

Don't really disagree with you there Mister Dee.

Third way is for Levein to go back to being DoF, role and remit crystal clear and transparent, we get a new manager appointed for the first team.

Compromise on all sides.

This is the sensible way forward and I am really surprised that Ann Budge has not done this.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
45 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

To clarify, I'm not upset. I'm seeking clarification as to who she means. Because if, for some reason, I'm not included then she obviously doesn't want my money. So I'm seeking affirmation.

As for her having a rant, absolutely. She needs to take lessons in that regard from her predecessor, especially with regards to Levein: "The cure is painful but we have the diagnosis".

6 minutes ago, leginten said:

Yes. It’s the new way. The “football department” is only one consideration of many. Once we’ve all given up coming to matches in despair, we’ll be able to come and look at the new stand on any day of the week we choose. Or sit at home and admire the healthy accounts online. It’s a vast new world of possibilities.

There are similarities to the Fergus McCann time at the hooped demons. He came in, said he would be there for five years, concentrated on the infrastructure side of the club and came in for some pretty harsh criticism from the fans as he was seen to neglect the playing side of the club in order to get it back to a profitable operation.

The fruits came later but if a manager wasn’t performing, he was out !

There’s our problem right there.