Silence from Tynecastle

heartandsoul

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I remember people laughing about Billy Davies saying the infrastructure at Hearts was wrong. 

How right he was. 

I never laughed.

Everyone knew what he was saying, regardless of their view of him as a man or manager.

The thread when Levein took...or was told to take...the manager’s job is back up I see. Some interesting views even back then.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• i8hibsh

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I said after the Hamilton game that I felt it was time for a change and my view hasn’t changed. Unless there is some plan B in place I think, with the Hibs and Aberdeen games in the next 8 days, the timing isn’t great to do it ‘right now’. 

Surely it’s the perfect time to do it. It would get the fans right behind the team and lift them for a start. We can’t keep waiting.

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I said after the Hamilton game that I felt it was time for a change and my view hasn’t changed. Unless there is some plan B in place I think, with the Hibs and Aberdeen games in the next 8 days, the timing isn’t great to do it ‘right now’. 

Fair enough. To me there isn't a better time and let's face it, we can't play any worse or drop any lower in the league. 

1 minute ago, Mort said:

Surely it’s the perfect time to do it. It would get the fans right behind the team and lift them for a start. We can’t keep waiting.

Not for me. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Fair enough. To me there isn't a better time and let's face it, we can't play any worse or drop any lower in the league. 

Relatively, we can. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Not for me. 

Let’s hope you are right and we win the next two games. I personally can’t see anything other than two very bad defeats, but would love to be wrong.

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Budge had been incredibly naive and has placed far too much trust in Levein. Had I been in the same position I would likely have brought Levein on board as DoF too. It was a logical choice. But I’d have kept him on a very short leash. I suspect Budge has no idea how to resolve the current situation, and am beginning to wonder who actually runs the club.

From his comments in the EEN today I think there is little doubt who it is.(especially in his head).

Just now, amadjambo said:

Budge had been incredibly naive and has placed far too much trust in Levein. Had I been in the same position I would likely have brought Levein on board as DoF too. It was a logical choice. But I’d have kept him on a very short leash. I suspect Budge has no idea how to resolve the current situation, and am beginning to wonder who actually runs the club.

She has admitted in the past that she had to trust CL in the footballing side of things as she never knew anything about it.

Fair enough, who wouldn’t !

Problem now is, it’s a business problem. 

This carries on, the business side will suffer. Probably already is. Look at hospitality for a good example.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Dave do you genuinely want Craig Levein to remain as manager?

🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

From his comments in the EEN today I think there is little doubt who it is.(especially in his head).

This has to be what Budge is thinking and I couldn't agree less with it.

For us to beat Hibs and Aberdeen we would need to win two games in a row against premiership opposition - something we have not done since playing St Johnstone and Killie at the end of January/start of Feb.

We will not beat both of these teams. 100%. We will be lucky to win one and if you look at our form the likelihood is that we will either draw one or lose both.

The timing 'right now' is the only time. Get him punted, stick one of the minions in charge and use these 8 days to get a new management team in - if they want to continue with some of our current coaches then that is up to them.

🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Personally, when you are bottom of the league with 33 games of the season remaining there is no better time to bring in a new manager.

Even if we win the next two games does anybody realistically think that a manager who plays Clare at right back should be in charge of Hearts. He was sacked as Scotland manager because he was useless, his record for us is no better.

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Mort said:

Perfect time was after hamilton game with the international break but in the international break craig levein said he'd worked on the defensive side of the team which unfortunately we didn't see on Saturday so he has to go yesterday 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Personally, when you are bottom of the league with 33 games of the season remaining there is no better time to bring in a new manager.

Agree. Earlier would have been better but has to be soon. 

Just now, Boab said:

Agree. Earlier would have been better but has to be soon. 

Coming in when you are bottom of the table means the only way can be up.

Blank canvas job - the 5 year plan failed spectacularly.  Budge will  see it differently mind as tampon machines were part of her 5 year plan.  Football fans however see results (perish he thought) as success and failure.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Blank canvas job - the 5 year plan failed spectacularly.  Budge will  see it differently mind as tampon machines were part of her 5 year plan.  Football fans however see results (perish he thought) as success and failure.

You were doing well, mate, don’t ruin it !!

Ann Budge should just say Craig was always going to be a temporary manager and replace him as soon as., while he goes back up stairs.

Win for her and a win for us

The Old Tolbooth
33 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I remember people laughing about Billy Davies saying the infrastructure at Hearts was wrong. 

How right he was. 

Exactly, and whilst I wouldn't want him here, he was bang on the money. 

The Old Tolbooth
33 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We're absolutely sleepwalking into a derby defeat and a cup exit with Levein at the helm, now is the exact time to replace him, at least the players might have some sense of purpose under a new face, because right now there's nothing there, not a single damn thing. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
24 minutes ago, Prof said:

Even if we win the next two games does anybody realistically think that a manager who plays Clare at right back should be in charge of Hearts. He was sacked as Scotland manager because he was useless, his record for us is no better.

He didn't do much at Leicester and Dundee United won the cup after he left, so his failings go back some way in the dugout anyway. 

Budge is most likely confused and bewildered by it all.

I think she thought running Hearts would all be boardroom drinky poos and sharing bars of chocolate in late night trysts with Dempster whilst Craig deals with everything else.

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17906601.amp/

Another article attempting to shift the clubs abject failure over the last 3 years onto the fans.

If players can’t take justified criticism for the inflated salaries they earn, they’re in the wrong profession

Dusk_Till_Dawn
45 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:lol:

:facepalm:

been here before

Sitting in the house?

Bored?

Wanting to start a thread but dont know what about?

Then just regurgitate the same thread for the 627th time.

Job done and back to watching Doctors.

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, pointon said:

Craig is only doing what is instinct self preservation 

Anybody with a genuine love for the club would've held their hands up and walked away with their self respect and the respect of the supporters intact. He hasn't. 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I blame the supporters personally.

Give Budge time. She'll squeeze the fans onto the naughty step (again) when she eventually does punt Levein. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Imagine sitting here next Thursday with 2 wins. Going to be a lot of people bored, confused, world in a spin

Only trolls will be disappointed if we win the next two games. Everyone else will be delighted. 

Edited by Boab

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Imagine sitting here next Thursday with 2 wins. Going to be a lot of people bored, confused, world in a spin

Aye, because that will make everything in the garden rosy again. 🙄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Boab said:

Only trolls will be disappointed if we lose the next two games. Everyone else will be delighted. 

Exactly Boab. Seems to be a battle to be the most outraged rebel, all most of us want is a winning team, this unfortunately is the result of a losing team.

Sounds to me as if he has been given, privately, as it should be, a time frame to get the thing going in the right direction again.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, because that will make everything in the garden rosy again. 🙄

What winning games?

You don't think that's a good thing, steps in the right direction, against probably closest rivals? You prefer a disaster movie? Fair enough, I'm all for Hearts winning games myself

Forever Hearts
Just now, Sir Gio said:

What winning games?

You don't think that's a good thing, steps in the right direction, against probably closest rivals? You prefer a disaster movie? Fair enough, I'm all for Hearts winning games myself

Unbelievable that folk like you are still backing him. Incredible really. 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Exactly Boab. Seems to be a battle to be the most outraged rebel, all most of us want is a winning team, this unfortunately is the result of a losing team.

Sounds to me as if he has been given, privately, as it should be, a time frame to get the thing going in the right direction again.

I don’t think he should get it and think it will get worse before it gets better but if there was a turnaround, i’m man enough to hold my hand up and say I was wrong.

I just can’t see it. The lack of confidence in the players on Saturday was startling. That comes from Levein, not us, no matter what he or Berra says about it.

He looked lost on Saturday, occasionally appearing from the dug out with a half hearted applause while his opposite number was haring about, urging his team on. 

Time is up for him.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What winning games?

I think most people just want him gone now regardless. They don't think he has what it takes to take us forward, even if he does manage the odd win here and there. He's just not got it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Unbelievable that folk like you are still backing him. Incredible really. 

Who said I was backing him? But its exactly shite posts like this that makes me feel more inclined to support him

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

I don’t think he should get it and think it will get worse before it gets better but if there was a turnaround, i’m man enough to hold my hand up and say I was wrong.

I just can’t see it. The lack of confidence in the players on Saturday was startling. That comes from Levein, not us, no matter what he or Berra says about it.

He looked lost on Saturday, occasionally appearing from the dug out with a half hearted applause while his opposite number was haring about, urging his team on. 

Time is up for him.

4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I think most people just want him gone now regardless. They don't think he has what it takes to take us forward, even if he does manage the odd win here and there. He's just not got it.

But he's not gone is he? And he doesn't look like going this week now.

He spoke about 2 wins, and sitting 6 weeks from now in a far healthier position. That indicates to me he has been given a time frame to work in to improve matters.

This wont go on indefinitely, he has admitted that between the lines in his interview.

Why come out with a vote of confidence, or a statement unless it is final. Not worth the paper its written on, so onto Sunday, and I assume the LC QF, when I expect if it has not gotten any better, it will be over.

But you are not going to bin him if he is successful in the next week. It just wont happen.

I haven't noticed anything on cost impact, what has he left on the contract 10 or 11 months?

Edited by Sir Gio

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Who said I was backing him? But its exactly shite posts like this that makes me feel more inclined to support him

You’re inclined to support a boss that’s overseen one of the worst runs in the clubs history because some random says something you don’t like on a forum?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, GinRummy said:

You’re inclined to support a boss that’s overseen one of the worst runs in the clubs history because some random says something you don’t like on a forum?

Missing the point spectacularly

Silence has been broken at ****ing last.  We are finally addressing those key matters that are threatening our very SPL existence.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ninety-minutes-business-support-series

This is the kind of ****ing shit that is boiling my piss!

Who gives a **** Budge -  this is football!

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

But he's not gone is he? And he doesn't look like going this week now.

He spoke about 2 wins, and sitting 6 weeks from now in a far healthier position. That indicates to me he has been given a time frame to work in to improve matters.

This wont go on indefinitely, he has admitted that between the lines in his interview.

Why come out with a vote of confidence, or a statement unless it is final. Not worth the paper its written on, so onto Sunday, and I assume the LC QF, when I expect if it has not gotten any better, it will be over.

But you are not going to bin him if he is successful in the next week. It just wont happen.

I haven't noticed anything on cost impact, what has he left on the contract 10 or 11 months?

Problem is, this is not the first time he has said he will fix it. I don’t know exactly how many times he has but people are getting tired of the same shite, every interview.

You don’t need to read between the lines of his statements anymore, he’s actually saying it....” i’m basically saying the same thing, over and over...”