• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• i8hibsh

2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I know but i mean as in protesting outside tynie 

I meant within the crowd during the game. 

Someone starts shouting for Levein to go, there will be a reaction for another supporter. 

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Someone starts shouting for Levein to go, there will be a reaction for another supporter. 

Aye fair point 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

The most likely reaction from other supporters is that they join in the shouts.

9 hours ago, Locky said:

The last 2 managers to win at Celtic Park were Csaba and Frail. Hardly a defining statistic in a Hearts managers career.

Between about 2004 and 2011, we used to have a go when we played in Glasgow. Didn’t often get a result, but we weren’t set up to sit in for 90 minutes and hope not to lose by 3 or 4. 

Which is the main gripe for people. We’ve absolutely zero ambition under Levein to go for a teams jugular. 

10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Between about 2004 and 2011, we used to have a go when we played in Glasgow. Didn’t often get a result, but we weren’t set up to sit in for 90 minutes and hope not to lose by 3 or 4. 

Which is the main gripe for people. We’ve absolutely zero ambition under Levein to go for a teams jugular. 

I've been going to Hearts games away to the OF for 50 years and can probably count on one hand the number of times we've "had a go"

Levein has many faults but the way we play against the arse cheeks is not a new one exclusively down to him

Just now, The Treasurer said:

I've been going to Hearts games away to the OF for 50 years and can probably count on one hand the number of times we've "had a go"

Levein has many faults but the way we play against the arse cheeks is not a new one exclusively down to him

No it’s not unique to him. Aberdeen have a comparable budget to Hearts. Stands to reason that if managed properly Aberdeen and Hearts should have the best results against the OF. I have no idea what the actual stats are but when I watch Aberdeen play in Glasgow I don’t get the feeling the game is over before a ball has been kicked.

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No it’s not unique to him. Aberdeen have a comparable budget to Hearts. Stands to reason that if managed properly Aberdeen and Hearts should have the best results against the OF. I have no idea what the actual stats are but when I watch Aberdeen play in Glasgow I don’t get the feeling the game is over before a ball has been kicked.

I don't have actual figures either but I'm pretty sure the sheeps record in the weeg is probably just as bad as ours, if not worse. (a 9-0 at darkhead springs to mind)

Just now, The Treasurer said:

I don't have actual figures either but I'm pretty sure the sheeps record in the weeg is probably just as bad as ours, if not worse. (a 9-0 at darkhead springs to mind)

It’s maybe just my skewed thinking, but I’m not the only one that thinks Craig sets us up wrong every time we go through there. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s maybe just my skewed thinking, but I’m not the only one that thinks Craig sets us up wrong every time we go through there. 

Lately he's been setting us up wrong in every game

27 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Yip.

People are, rightly, calling out CL right now but his record in Glasgow is consistent with many. The odd good show but I can probably say the only time i’ve went to a game expecting, or confident, of a win was the 2-2 in 98’ when Albertz scored that late goal to salvage a draw for them. Really thought we were going to do it that year. That goal was a kick in the stones !

If her next statement is that Neil McCann is to be appointed head coach and Levein is moving back to DoF. Then its probably better that we're not getting it.

15 hours ago, Locky said:

We've won twice in the top flight at Ibrox since 2000. One win under Paulo Sergio. The other? Craig Levein. We're shite through there under Levein, but we were shite under Cathro, Neilson, Jefferies, Locke etc.

Very harsh on JJ.  We managed to get a few positive results and came very close several other times.  At least we would go there and have a go.  Under Levein we just accept a 3 goal reverse and move on.  

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I could name at least 10 games in that period that we spent a large period of the game pressing either side back into their own half. 

One game were Ivaskevicius had Whittaker on toast through most of the 2nd half. Think that might have been the “Kurskis” game through there. 

22 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I could name at least 10 games in that period that we spent a large period of the game pressing either side back into their own half. 

One game were Ivaskevicius had Whittaker on toast through most of the 2nd half. Think that might have been the “Kurskis” game through there. 

I think the years have coloured your memories.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
11 hours ago, ford donald said:

He has probably been informed of his severance payment!

Exactly. It’s the dupers delight part of a classic con man routine. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Aberdeen managed to beat Rangers in Glasgow three times last season. Kilmarnock have had success at Ibrox and so have Hibs in recent years. The occasional, or even more than occasional, result through there is not the pipedream the fatalists would have us believe. But the height of our ambition appears to be not to lose by more than a couple of goals.

Rangers and Celtic must wish they could play us in Glasgow every week. Three points in the bank, game over by some stage of the first half. They probably don't even have to wash the strips.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Very harsh on JJ.  We managed to get a few positive results and came very close several other times.  At least we would go there and have a go.  Under Levein we just accept a 3 goal reverse and move on.  

Not slating any of these managers at all, most of all JJ. Just pointing out that us getting skelped every time we go through is far from a new problem unique to Levein. Plenty of things you can hold against CL, and this is probably one of the less important ones.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Last 7 results against Celtic 1 0, 0 3, 0 5, 1 2, 1 2, 1 2, 1 3

12 minutes ago, leginten said:

Aberdeen managed to beat Rangers in Glasgow three times last season. Kilmarnock have had success at Ibrox and so have Hibs in recent years. The occasional, or even more than occasional, result through there is not the pipedream the fatalists would have us believe. But the height of our ambition appears to be not to lose by more than a couple of goals.

Rangers and Celtic must wish they could play us in Glasgow every week. Three points in the bank, game over by some stage of the first half. They probably don't even have to wash the strips.

Win in Glasgow?  

A win at home would be a surprise 

Edited by Jasonauskas

51 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think the years have coloured your memories.

Or you just weren’t paying attention. 

Worse Hearts managers have picked up results through there. 

13 hours ago, Hercules said:

WTF is wrong with you ? Bet you giggle to yourself when you post eh ? Wee snotter hanging from the end of your beak ?? 

Tee hee. This’ll show them 👏🏻👏🏻

😂😂

38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Last 7 results against Celtic 1 0, 0 3, 0 5, 1 2, 1 2, 1 2, 1 3

You know what I mean. A defeat without laying a glove on them then.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

You know what I mean. A defeat without laying a glove on them then.

I don't actually. A few of those games we did lay a glove on them. Rangers bar the game with the offside goal where Boaby really was awful, I would agree, but Celtic we have been as competitive as any other team has been

A bit of volume today at Tynecastle as finally we advertise job vacancies at Hearts.  Sadly, all 4 for the women's team offering "competitive salaries.".  But yet, people on here still think it is all freeeeeeeeee and people work for freeeeeeeeeee

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/more/key-links/careers

How the **** can we as a club justify these 4 paid roles within our club:

• Hearts Women First Team Goalkeeping Coach
  • Girls Academy and Women’s Lead Physiotherapist
  • Hearts Girls Academy Coach
  • Hearts Girls Academy Goalkeeping Coach

A ****ing goalkeeping coach for both first team and girls!  Their own physiotherapist

Please wake up to what is happening here, I beg you all.

If you think this vanity project is self funded and does not come out the fans pocket you are clearly zipped up at the back.

What I find really interesting about the Hearts Advert for womens football personnel is that the closing date is only 4 days away which strikes me as a ridiculously short period of time to get anywhere near enough quality CVs in.

Even more interesting is that the position for Information Communications Technology (ICT) Officer (Full Time) which requires to be applied for by end of play this Friday.

Now it may be that they have advertised these previously elsewhere which would then suggest that

Heart of Midlothian Football Club may be trolling the 1st Team fanbase.

5 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

What I find really interesting about the Hearts Advert for womens football personnel is that the closing date is only 4 days away which strikes me as a ridiculously short period of time to get anywhere near enough quality CVs in.

Even more interesting is that the position for Information Communications Technology (ICT) Officer (Full Time) which requires to be applied for by end of play this Friday.

Now it may be that they have advertised these previously elsewhere which would then suggest that

Heart of Midlothian Football Club may be trolling the 1st Team fanbase.

I do remember seeing the ICT role being advertised previously. 

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A bit of volume today at Tynecastle as finally we advertise job vacancies at Hearts.  Sadly, all 4 for the women's team offering "competitive salaries.".  But yet, people on here still think it is all freeeeeeeeee and people work for freeeeeeeeeee

A ****ing goalkeeping coach for both first team and girls!  Their own physiotherapist

If you think this vanity project is self funded and does not come out the fans pocket you are clearly zipped up at the back.

The situation is clearly going from bad to disastrous. Absolutely no way these positions should be financed by Hearts. If we really have money that pays competitive salaries for four positions that contribute zero to our football team then the money should be used to entice decent players and coaches. Hearts FC is starting to resemble a rest home for people with no ambition in football. 

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It will be minimum wage for 10-12 hours a week, these are not full time roles

why should the girls not have a physio, like male footballers, women players get injuries too

This is happening get over it, this is not a vanity project, all the major clubs in Scotland have a women’s team and all in time will all run there clubs this way.

3 minutes ago, Prof said:

The situation is clearly going from bad to disastrous. Absolutely no way these positions should be financed by Hearts. If we really have money that pays competitive salaries for four positions that contribute zero to our football team then the money should be used to entice decent players and coaches. Hearts FC is starting to resemble a rest home for people with no ambition in football. 

Read the article, it says and I quote :

"It's a hugely exciting time as the club moves towards transitioning the women and girls ' game into the club at the end of November"

Hugely exciting you say.  I strongly ****ing disagree!

When will enough is enough?

annushorribilis III
24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You might want to think about the fact we very possibly have a sizeable number of female fans/customers  who will no doubt be quite happy with the situation. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Those roles were advertised a couple of weeks back and are very part time (I think)

ICT job was originally posted on the 4th and the part time coaching roles on the 10th. Each coach is 8-12 hours per week so roughly around the equivalent of one full time post in total.

I suspect ‘competitive salary’ in the female game to be relatively small.

Just now, annushorribilis III said:

You might want to think about the fact we very possibly have a sizeable number of female fans/customers  who will no doubt be quite happy with the situation. 

Show me the figures.  How much is paid to this nonsense and how much it generates please.  How many paying fans? How much in sponsorship?

5 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

It will be minimum wage for 10-12 hours a week, these are not full time roles

why should the girls not have a physio, like male footballers, women players get injuries too

This is happening get over it, this is not a vanity project, all the major clubs in Scotland have a women’s team and all in time will all run there clubs this way.

Because the womens team  should fund itself. I dont spend a fortune to subsidise something I have no interest in and I suspect the majority of us feel the same.

annushorribilis III
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Show me the figures.  How much is paid to this nonsense and how much it generates please.  How many paying fans? How much in sponsorship?

What a ridiculous thing to post. Bitter, angry & unthinking : "this nonsense". Wow. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Or you just weren’t paying attention. 

Worse Hearts managers have picked up results through there. 

Hamilton, St Johnstone and eve h1b5 have picked up the odd result there, doesn't mean they have a good manager

7 minutes ago, jambali said:

I8Hearts -  I'm quite happy with it.

Not happy with the silence, which is what this thread is supposed to be about.

My point is we are not silent.  The club is as active as ever in pointless pish that no-one cares about.  It is BAU really.  A fan calls Mixu fat and Budge writes a War and Peace novel but we go on our worst run in our 145 years history and we sweep it under the carpet.

Edited by i8hibsh

7 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

That's a fair assumption to come out with. The females that go to Hearts games dont go to watch the women's team or it would subsidise paying their own staff.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

That's a fair assumption to come out with. The females that go to Hearts games dont go to watch the women's team or it would subsidise paying their own staff.

Correct. Start a FOHW if they want but don't use my money.

Maybe I'd contribute to a second scheme but I'd at least like the choice.

The demand for this women's team was 

Zero

Unless someone can go back throughout JKB history and post a link to a thread demanding we start a women's team of this magnitude?

Five more years and this drivel will become professional.  

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Because the womens team  should fund itself. I dont spend a fortune to subsidise something I have no interest in and I suspect the majority of us feel the same.

Apart from the very occasional reserve game, I never watch any Hearts team apart from the first team.

Should the club not spend any money on the kids teams or youth teams in that case ?

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

I suspect very shortly it will be a case as part of a clubs license being granted they must have a women’s team, every single current SPFL team at this time has a women’s team

Aberdeen Celtic Rangers and now Hearts will be funded by the clubs budget.

Why waste energy on this ?, it’s happening, women’s football is here to stay, do you honestly believe that when FOH takes over the club, we are just going to drop the women’s side ?

No chance.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The demand for this women's team was 

Zero

Unless someone can go back throughout JKB history and post a link to a thread demanding we start a women's team of this magnitude?

Five more years and this drivel will become professional.  

Similar to the demand for your repetitive comments then

7 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

What a ridiculous thing to post. Bitter, angry & unthinking : "this nonsense". Wow. 

Precisely. The sexism is breathtaking.