Silence from Tynecastle

heartandsoul

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Need to throw into the mix - the players like Craig. 

Well if they do they should bloody well show it by winning games then! 

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• i8hibsh

Leveins Battalion

The worst thing that ever happend was that Dundee Utd produced a golden generation of players around Leveins time at the club,Ann 100% believes he will create this at Hearts.

7 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

If anybody feels that strongly about levein,I would offer them the chance to buy themselves out their contract and leave with him.

The board are failing in their duty to run a football club, if they cannot or will not act, they are part of the problem.  

They have been ruthless in their sanitisation of the stands, closing “whole” areas purchasing state of the art cctv. And yet, they have left the football side to rot. 

“You don’t know what your’e doing”

This isn’t some drop in form, reality is that since Neilson left (excluding the 10 game Naismith cameo) we have been Leveins greatest failure... a bigger joke than the Zero forwards being played.

I cancelled my ST last year, when the decline was becoming obvious. 

We should have sacked Levein after the 5-0 against Livingston. 

My FoH payments will continue, but I'll not go anywhere near Tynecastle -the place that is my spiritual home, until we have a new manager. 

We genuinely could get relegated if he stays past January.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

And negligent

10 minutes ago, Mort said:

If she doesn’t act this week then she is no longer acting in the best interests of Hearts. Massively out of touch with the support and footballing side of the business.

Definitely out of touch if she hasn't acted already.

Negligent if she had not started 2 weeks back to form her strategy, in what I believed was the likely event we wouldn't win on Saturday. A draw would have resulted in similar feeling I believe, defeat should help her feeling things are a little more clear cut.

In his own words we shouldn't be conceding 2 at home, I can fix it, 2 weeks of work, it got worse.

Who does she know? Who has she trusted, or does she believe she can ride out the storm until the keys are handed over in March. I doubt she is that naïve. I remember her shock well with the Cathro feeling.

Only getting worse, likely defeats every week, not really sure who I would fancy us against at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah, people are entitled to do with their cash what they want.

But anyway you dress it up, its self defeating. I don't think it makes me a better supporter, but it will help my club become stronger rather than weaker if I churlishly empty my payments, because someone else saw a situation differently to me.

The money being stopped, only then hinders the next people, and there will be

How to you feel about fans pausing their payments and then starting them back up again (plus making up the missed amounts)?  I can 100% understand that mindset.

I never thought I would do it but I'm seriously considering going down this route if all we are getting is silence. 

No doubt we will get a statement saying we are closing a section of the stadium due to the fans trying to storm into the hospitality area.

Yeah, people are entitled to do with their cash what they want.

But anyway you dress it up, its self defeating. I don't think it makes me a better supporter, but it will help my club become stronger rather than weaker if I churlishly empty my payments, because someone else saw a situation differently to me.

The money being stopped, only then hinders the next people, and there will be

No, I don't think its self defeating at all.

What's happening at the moment is that the money raised is being squandered.

£200,000 fee paid for Craig Wighton by Craig Levein for example.

Copious amounts of players have joined, been paid, under performed, paid off and left. A bloated playing squad, half of which should be nowhere near a Hearts team, are currently on the payroll.

That is what's happening at the club. That is not safeguarding, that is unacceptable.

TweedbankJambo

I'm starting to think my football club couldn't care less about us as fans. This silence is beyond a joke. I don't know how they can sleep at night tbh. 

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, maltese jambo said:

Copious amounts of players have joined, been paid, under performed, paid off and left. A bloated playing squad, half of which should be nowhere near a Hearts team, are currently on the payroll.

That is what's happening at the club. That is not safeguarding, that is unacceptable.

Is anybody, apart from Agents, getting a backhander from these transfer fees?

8 minutes ago, maltese jambo said:

I may be wrong, but I don’t think any of the FOH money is going towards the football team (yet).  Some was used towards the new stand and the rest is going towards paying Ann Budge back. 

As as much as I hate what’s happening just now with the team, cancelling FOH subscriptions is not the answer.  Each to their own I suppose, but most of us will be life long subscribers and that’s the way it should be. 

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

If he isn’t gone by tomorrow then he’ll be in the dug out at Easter Road. 

Good, they can have him !

Oh, sorry, see what you mean there !

😁

letsalldothebeattie
2 hours ago, jamle1874 said:

They sacked him on the Tuesday after the dunfy game was on a Saturday.

Was it that long. Genuinely thought it was quicker than that. Oh well still hope for this week

Levein won't walk. Let's be honest this is his last big gig in football. It'll be a well paid one at that.

He'll either do media duties or coach kids after this.

30 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I believe there is a board meeting on Tuesday. 

He won’t be sacked there. The board is gutless. The only way it can happen is for AB to tell him, not ask him, to resign immediately. 

5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Heard there’s a board meeting today. Got to hope this is the sacking meeting! 

Heard that from where ? All wishful thinking.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, farin said:

He’ll not be sacked, how could he move upstairs to DoF after such a loss of face. More likely a compromise will be hatched so he can step aside & do just that imo. 

If the penny hasn’t finally dropped with budge after Saturday god helps us though. 

Hopefully a package is now being arranged.

I wish.

34 minutes ago, maltese jambo said:

£200k 😂😂😂😂😂

WTF

Johnny Sandiego
37 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

How to you feel about fans pausing their payments and then starting them back up again (plus making up the missed amounts)?  I can 100% understand that mindset.

I never thought I would do it but I'm seriously considering going down this route if all we are getting is silence. 

No doubt we will get a statement saying we are closing a section of the stadium due to the fans trying to storm into the hospitality area.

I think cancelling the DD to FOH, or even threatening to do so, sets a worrying precident. Does this become the norm for when things dont go well or when fans dont agree with decisions?

I think the 2 should always be seperate, the FOH contributions are for the future of the club overall for the next 100 years and not a short term finance resource for the current manager.

Things wont always go to plan on the field but there are other ways to protest or make your feelings clear. There shouldnt need to be a mass cancelling of DDs when results slump.

2 hours ago, bistokid said:

You fundamentally miss the point in terms of what FoH can do and what it's here to do once it takes over. Fan ownership and the foundation does not run the day to day management of the football department . When it does take over it will not be there to react to whims of the support but put someone in place to steer the club forward strategically. Folk should realign their expectations on what FoH is there for and decide if they want to participate rather than threaten or suspend funds when things are going badly. 

For the avoidance of doubt, Levein should be punted ASAP. 

Not missing any point. There is a huge conflict of interest within the current Hearts Board and this is just one way of getting to a decision to remove Levein , as the current state of affairs on the pitch is scandalous. This is as poor a run of form over 11 months as I can remember with basically a strong squad I players. I watched Hearts in the 70’s and early 80’s and even Gary Locke’s teams played with more passion.

As I have said suspending payments and making up any difference whenever a Levein is gone is my plan.

highlandjambo3

On a much happier note to try and cheer everyone up........check this out:

947FAD5F-57C1-48AC-9A22-6F40FF94A93A.jpeg

C5BB6379-30D0-4AE3-9E8F-ECDD0F6A4AFE.jpeg

Edited by highlandjambo3
Some change eh!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Putting the money to the side? Yeah, why not.

It really isn't my place to say to anyone what to do, it is a donation, but I think it puts the Foundations future in question if many were to take that course.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
48 minutes ago, maltese jambo said:

I believe we got Wighton with the "money" they never paid us for Jack Hamilton. Personally I'd call it a draw :)

The club needs to make some kind of statement, you can't have a protest outside the ground and not acknowledge there is a serious issue.

The whole situation raises interesting questions about the future though. Budge has done a fantastic job, indeed Levein has done a very good job with the football structural side, but when we buy the club do we require different leadership? All the great work done on the commercial side means nothing unless you look after the core element of the club, the first team. Difficult decisions ahead. 

I understand people talking about stopping FoH subs as it indicates to the club how they are feeling but I would urge people not to. Great things have been achieved by us as a support and this situation will pass soon enough and we will move on with a new manager. Stick together, buy the club, shape our future and see the job through. When you strip out the first team management and coaches issues everything else is set up for success. 

Edited by Jodami

27 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

On a much happier note to try and cheer everyone up........check this out:

947FAD5F-57C1-48AC-9A22-6F40FF94A93A.jpeg

C5BB6379-30D0-4AE3-9E8F-ECDD0F6A4AFE.jpeg

What concert did the old tynie host?

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Definitely out of touch if she hasn't acted already.

Negligent if she had not started 2 weeks back to form her strategy, in what I believed was the likely event we wouldn't win on Saturday. A draw would have resulted in similar feeling I believe, defeat should help her feeling things are a little more clear cut.

In his own words we shouldn't be conceding 2 at home, I can fix it, 2 weeks of work, it got worse.

Who does she know? Who has she trusted, or does she believe she can ride out the storm until the keys are handed over in March. I doubt she is that naïve. I remember her shock well with the Cathro feeling.

Only getting worse, likely defeats every week, not really sure who I would fancy us against at the moment.

Yeh “we shouldn’t be conceding 2 at home”  feck it conceding 3 sounds better.

12 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

Told FoH yesterday would stop contributions if Levein continues in place.

Informed it was a personal choice but I would be missed.

For me FoH is completely toothless now and hamstrung by voting rights in the future.

Last straw, cancelled FOH, 50 years a paying Hearts supporter, mostly as STH and take no joy, a bit like watching that crap!

So you're only a Jambo if you're winning?

There's still time to put this right before Sunday. If this silence continues though - what a contemptuous way to treat our loyal support. Craig Levein FC indeed.

No other manager anywhere in the world would get away with this. Criminal.

1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

You can’t pause then start again. You need to fully cancel. FOH advised me of this. 

I'm sure Ann Budge didn't make her fortune and be touted as one of Edinburgh most successful businesswomen by being a pushover. 

She will be watching carefully. She'll already have her moves planned out. 

It is not in her interest, personally or financially, to allow the fans to disappear and from what I gather FOH contributions to dip. 

The lady can retire but she has chosen not to, plus football is fickle, I'm sure she'll be wanting a return on the cash she has invested. 

Never mind the hours of stress she's invested in us also. 

I have confidence in Budge, elsewhere in the club, not so much. 

Edited by Blacky87

Win lose or draw I expect him to be away on Monday 23rd with a replacement announced same day, just a complete hunch.

PLUS - I expect Craig to do the decent thing and leave the club with a structure that it will flourish under from a coaching structure point of view.

Edited by Armageddon

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

If he isn’t gone by tomorrow then he’ll be in the dug out at Easter Road. 

Correct.

I said that very thing on Saturday afternoon.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, jambogaza said:

There's still time to put this right before Sunday. If this silence continues though - what a contemptuous way to treat our loyal support. Craig Levein FC indeed.

No other manager anywhere in the world would get away with this. Criminal.

Personally, to this point I don't honestly feel as if I have been treated with contempt.

Vote of confidence thing is just embarrassing, if she wants to keep her business indoors fine, then at least tell us that.

It wont do her image much good right enough, but I could respect her, if she indicated she was on top of the situation and one way or another there would be resolution in the short term, not mid or long term, be that results or change.

oh ah grantona
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

The players loved Cathro until he was gone and then they flung him under the bus 

The players like whoever the manager is as he decides ur appearance bonus 

12 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Wrong thing to do would be to get rid pre-derby IMO

It's always the wrong time to get rid of him it seems.

Same stuff was said in the run up to the scottish cup final.  It's not an easy task to replace the manager and essentially writes your season off, but it's something that we just need to do sooner rather than later.  I don't think we have any better chance at beating hibs with Levein than with a caretaker manager like Kirk so it really makes little difference imo.

Personally, to this point I don't honestly feel as if I have been treated with contempt.

Vote of confidence thing is just embarrassing, if she wants to keep her business indoors fine, then at least tell us that.

It wont do her image much good right enough, but I could respect her, if she indicated she was on top of the situation and one way or another there would be resolution in the short term, not mid or long term, be that results or change.

I think allowing this to go on shows some contempt towards our support. There's no sign of it getting better either.

This isn't a short term patch of bad luck. It's 12 months of under achieving. If Budge ignores that and sticks by her man, for me, that's contemptuous. Perhaps an inheritance of Levein's contempt - I don't know. He's selling her a lie at the moment though.

As I said though, she has time to make the right decision on this.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

I think allowing this to go on shows some contempt towards our support. There's no sign of it getting better either.

This isn't a short term patch of bad luck. It's 12 months of under achieving. If Budge ignores that and sticks by her man, for me, that's contemptuous. Perhaps an inheritance of Levein's contempt - I don't know. He's selling her a lie at the moment though.

As I said though, she has time to make the right decision on this.

If he goes this week then fine. Much later than it should have been but at least she’s acted at the point of absolutely no return.

If he’s still here for the derby, Ann Budge will be in grave danger of becoming Shan Budge.

15 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

The players loved Cathro until he was gone and then they flung him under the bus 

The players like whoever the manager is as he decides ur appearance bonus 

Of course !

What player is going to stick his head above the parapet and say the whole thing’s rotten ?

They don’t have to, we can see it with our own eyes. 

Honestly thought there would have been something from the club by now, even just to say they understand our frustration and are working on the matter but absolutely hee haw from them. I don't expect them to come out and say he's sacked, unfortunately, but give us something to go on. Treating the fans like mugs now.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Honestly thought there would have been something from the club by now, even just to say they understand our frustration and are working on the matter but absolutely hee haw from them. I don't expect them to come out and say he's sacked, unfortunately, but give us something to go on. Treating the fans like mugs now.

More chance of a joint article with the vermin about "respect" and "friendly rivalry"...

1 minute ago, jambobob61 said:

Have put more into the club over 50 years than you are ever likely to do mate and I still have my ST! Do you?

The FoH are toothless now and toothless post take over, it has been designed that way!

I will never and have never boo'd my team nor any individual, my protest is to walk out early (3 mins) so I don't even witness the morons.

Born in 1949, supporter since 1952, first game I can actually remember circa 53 sitting on my dad's shoulder, Season ticket since around 93 because that's when I started taking my children. Never knowingly missed a game until I was about 35 and children came along and I had a choice of Hearts or divorce.

For next 7 years Saturday afternoons were spent with the ironing board and radio, earning brownie points so that I could get to the odd game until eventually wife was delighted to get an afternoon off while I took children to Tynecastle, that while living in Ayr, where I still live.

Does that compare? I'll never cancel my FOH sub, and I'll be going when and if we're in the Championship (again).

1 minute ago, jambobob61 said:

Well done, the kind of supporter you love eh! Keep away from the mirror you might get a stiffy!

The only stiffy I've experienced recently is you.