Silence from Tynecastle

heartandsoul

Is michael O’Neill a possibility? Virtually no chance of qualifying for the Euros, has a connection to a number of players in the squad, and good route into club management. Granted he could probably get an English Championship job, but given he lives in Edinburgh it could be appealing for him. 

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• i8hibsh

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Everything that is wrong with our support is our willingness to jump straight on managers and players back.  I have no idea if McCann rumour is true but if it was great, we made a change and brought back a very good former player, give him a chance.

But for those same fans who are screaming for Levein to go suddenly McCann isn't good enough.

Locke wasn't good enough despite nearly working a miracle.

Neilson takes us to third in the league having waltzed the Championship and we hire a plane to try and get him out

Cathro - a whole section of support were never convinced from day one

At times we are the most entitled set of supporters and its embarrassing, we behave like Children.  "I want anyone but Levein, I mean literally anyone, Oh no,  not him actually"

If McCann comes I will be delighted and will back him 100%.  Already there are so called fans on here talking like they want him to fail so they can give the big 'I told you so'.

The most entitled supporters 🤣 

15 minutes ago, gov said:

Why not go after Warnock, touting himself last week... 

as long as he keeps his yapper shut about brexit etc it would be all good! style of football does not mean a jot to me at the moment i just want to see wining football

That was taken out of context. He is retiring at the end of the season, and said he would have liked to have managed Hibs or Hearts, assuming some point earlier in his career. 

24 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Robinson is the man for Hearts,hopefully before Hibs come calling for him.

Agree. It’s the most blatantly obvious appointment we could make, he’s right in front of our noses and he’d crawl over hot coals all the way from Motherwell to take it. 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Stephen Robinson and Keith Lasley signed new deals in July 2019. Both contracted up to 2022.

Would you take both to Tynecastle, or just Robinson. 

Both.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Zlatanable said:

So if, Motherwell give a club permission to speak to them, and if they both want to come. That would be say £500,000 in compensation, plus their wages. 

And maybe some compensation due to current staff, so would the total be just short of £1M ? Or £750,000?

You can also add Levein’s severance package to that.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

So if, Motherwell give a club permission to speak to them, and if they both want to come. That would be say £500,000 in compensation, plus their wages. 

And maybe some compensation due to current staff, so would the total be just short of £1M ? Or £750,000?

So you know the details of his release clause?Or we can just continue with the utter shambles that we have.We need a new management team that comes at a cost for any club.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

People saying we should appoint guys like McCann until the "end of the season" like we are in Mid-March.

We are only 5 league games in, still in both cups and have everything to play for. Giving up on this season so early would be ridiculous.

Writing off huge chunks of the season as if they didn’t matter has been going on for years now. Manager X needs a summer window to bring in his own players, or certain players are weary because they didn’t have a proper pre-season etc. You’re very lucky indeed if we reach the split still looking as if we’re going all-out to win games. And any notion that we might actually compete in the post-split fixtures - more than an eighth of our league matches - is fanciful. They’re like a cross between a training game and a dull friendly.

All symptomatic of the chicken-shit, shrug-of-the-shoulders, mediocrity-accepting mentality that pervades the club from the very top right down through a section of the support.

23 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Agree. It’s the most blatantly obvious appointment we could make, he’s right in front of our noses and he’d crawl over hot coals all the way from Motherwell to take it. 

Not if Levein is still at the club hanging over him like a bad smell. 

I think it would be a great appointment but with no Levein as DOF, and no Mcphee, Daly or Fox. 

Get Robinson and his whole backroom team in. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

CE53617D-EA0F-4988-8159-368F4743BB54.jpeg

Craig slightly behind so looks like we might get an unlikely win. 😉

42 minutes ago, Boab said:

There is an opinion that a miracle could have been achieved if Locke wasn’t in charge !

He stepped up, credit for that, but it was grim and there were chances to do do better that season, tough as it was.

I thought Locke had the team playing decent football in the last 5 or 6 games from memory. I think the youngsters in the team , despite being talented were not strong enough to compete. I don't think any manager could of kept that side up because of this.

25 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I do prefer recruiting a manager who knows the league, is aware of players earning the type of wages we can pay and who has form for playing young players. If we got someone like Moyes it would be a culture shock shopping on our budget and would actually be an expensive gamble (accept that all managerial appointments are). 

Just now, damo said:

I thought Locke had the team playing decent football in the last 5 or 6 games from memory. I think the youngsters in the team , despite being talented were not strong enough to compete. I don't think any manager could of kept that side up because of this.

When it was obvious that there was absolutely no chance of an unlikely survival, the team played with a lot more freedom. The 2-0 defeat of the muppets was the highlight. To contribute to their downfall and leave them down for 3 years was fantastic.

Early parts of the season, it was a whole different ball game. 

I'd like to see us pick up a new, young manager with English premiership experience. 

Not necessarily as a manager, but who has played at the top level. 

We need to take more professional approach to cosching, tactics, & fitness -& the EPL is the place to pick up that experience. 

Much as I'd love Robbo back -how long term would it be? 

20 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Stephen Robinson and Keith Lasley signed new deals in July 2019. Both contracted up to 2022.

Would you take both to Tynecastle, or just Robinson. 

Both and whoever else he needs.

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I do prefer recruiting a manager who knows the league, is aware of players earning the type of wages we can pay and who has form for playing young players. If we got someone like Moyes it would be a culture shock shopping on our budget and would actually be an expensive gamble (accept that all managerial appointments are). 

I’d take Robinson over Moyes tbh. 

22 minutes ago, leginten said:

Writing off huge chunks of the season as if they didn’t matter has been going on for years now. Manager X needs a summer window to bring in his own players, or certain players are weary because they didn’t have a proper pre-season etc. You’re very lucky indeed if we reach the split still looking as if we’re going all-out to win games. And any notion that we might actually compete in the post-split fixtures - more than an eighth of our league matches - is fanciful. They’re like a cross between a training game and a dull friendly.

All symptomatic of the chicken-shit, shrug-of-the-shoulders, mediocrity-accepting mentality that pervades the club from the very top right down through a section of the support.

It's a security blanket for those who cannot face the idea that we are under achieving.

Just shrugging off pre-season, League cup, post-split fixture and even European defeats as part of a 'bigger picture'.

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

You'd go for Hartley rather than Moyes?

Yes. What he did before Dundee was good.

Moyes has no record up here and as seen by his signings at clubs after Everton, a very limited notebook. He also has no experience of working with a club with our size of budget.

Is Hartley my ideal candidate.? No. Is he a realistic target, that if he doesn't work out can be moved on without financially crippling the club. Yes? And I suspect Moyes would want all his own people in, at great cost. And Hartley wouldn't.

I don't think we can afford an expensive mistake with Moyes. And I also think if we can push the boat out for him we can do much, much better.

I'd like Robinson from Murderwell. But I have a sneaky suspicion he wants a move to English div 1 or championship and may see potential failure with us as stopping that. This is totally my own opinion and based on no facts though.

Edited by JamboAndrew

Wouldn't be adverse to Robinson but Motherwell were a shit show for the first half of last season. 5 wins out of 20. (2 v Dundee) and bombed out the Cup to Ross County at home. Good first season mind you getting to two finals.

Think we can do better.

Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

The lack of credible a statement from the club is insulting.

Time for the big banners. Levein and Budge onyer bike.

I quite like "Budge over Levein"

Hampden Demolition

Looks like he lives to fight another week. I think if he was going, it would’ve been done by close of play today. They’ve had two full days to work something out.

7 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Yes. What he did before Dundee was good.

Moyes has no record up here and as seen by his signings at clubs after Everton, a very limited notebook. He also has no experience of working with a club with our size of budget.

Is Hartley my ideal candidate.? No. Is he a realistic target, that if he doesn't work out can be moved on without financially crippling the club. Yes? And I suspect Moyes would want all his own people in, at great cost. And Hartley wouldn't.

I don't think we can afford an expensive mistake with Moyes. And I also think if we can push the boat out for him we can do much, much better.

I'd like Robinson from Murderwell. But I have a sneaky suspicion he wants a move to English div 1 or championship and may see potential failure with us as stopping that. This is totally my own opinion and based on no facts though.

Hartley made a complete mess of it at Falkirk 

Just now, Hampden Demolition said:

Looks like he lives to fight another week. I think if he was going, it would’ve been done by close of play today. They’ve had two full days to work something out.

As someone else pointed out it was the Tuesday before Cathro left. However I think Craig will get the Hibs game and, probably, the Aberdeen cup tie, at least. 

Just now, Hampden Demolition said:

Chairwomans statement part 2 would be a good start.

That's not what this thread is about though. If there is nothing to say at the minute why say anything? Do folk want some sort of holding statement? It's a football club not the Bank of England announcing interest rates.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

What do folk expect the club to say?

That’s up to the club. I can’t imagine mrs budge is the type to lose touch with the feelings of the fans therefore she knows there is a lot of dissent and criticism, some of which is now being aimed at her.

Are you against the club communicating with the fans about the utter shambles that is the first team?

Just now, GinRummy said:

That’s up to the club. I can’t imagine mrs budge is the type to lose touch with the feelings of the fans therefore she knows there is a lot of dissent and criticism, some of which is now being aimed at her.

Are you against the club communicating with the fans about the utter shambles that is the first team?

What are they going to say?

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

How about we’ve parted company with Craig Levein.

What a silly question.

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's a security blanket for those who cannot face the idea that we are under achieving.

Just shrugging off pre-season, League cup, post-split fixture and even European defeats as part of a 'bigger picture'.

Please don’t get me started on the “I can see the bigger picture” mob. 

Quite apart from the staggeringly wankish arrogance implicit in the use of this phrase, it seems to be employed on Kickback exclusively by people who have shown an almost preternatural inability to see what is happening in front of them on a football pitch. Over a period of years.

Why anyone would want to indulge their wider visions is a mystery to me.

2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Hartley made a complete mess of it at Falkirk 

Alloa was excellent.

Dundee was good and bad

Falkirk was mince

Cove, he has started superbly.

I just think the end of Dundee and his time at Falkirk should put a right chip on his shoulder. And the fact he dropped to Cove to rebuild his career for me, shows real character to succeed.

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

"Levein has been punted" would be a good start 

If that's the case it will be announced whenever. People just wanting a statement for statements sake is a bit daft imo.

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

That Craig Levein and Austin MacPhee have left the club after a disappointing period for the football club.The search now begins to find a replacement who can reinvigorate the football side and unite the club.

What are they going to say?

I don’t know I’m not the club. I’m sure most of the fans would like to here something even acknowledging the unrest. 

Wouldn’t you like to hear from the club right now?

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

That Craig Levein and Austin MacPhee have left the club after a disappointing period for the football club.The search now begins to find a replacement who can reinvigorate the football side and unite the club.

I refer you to my answer above.

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Everything that is wrong with our support is our willingness to jump straight on managers and players back.  I have no idea if McCann rumour is true but if it was great, we made a change and brought back a very good former player, give him a chance.

But for those same fans who are screaming for Levein to go suddenly McCann isn't good enough.

Locke wasn't good enough despite nearly working a miracle.

Neilson takes us to third in the league having waltzed the Championship and we hire a plane to try and get him out

Cathro - a whole section of support were never convinced from day one

At times we are the most entitled set of supporters and its embarrassing, we behave like Children.  "I want anyone but Levein, I mean literally anyone, Oh no,  not him actually"

If McCann comes I will be delighted and will back him 100%.  Already there are so called fans on here talking like they want him to fail so they can give the big 'I told you so'.

Very well summed up.

Whoever is in next has my 100% backing.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I don’t know I’m not the club. I’m sure most of the fans would like to here something even acknowledging the unrest. 

Wouldn’t you like to hear from the club right now?

I'm fine ta. Not sure what a statement without announcing Levein is leaving is going to acheive.

I'm fine ta. Not sure what a statement without announcing Levein is leaving is going to acheive.

Fair enough. To be clear, you’re not against the club communicating with the fans right now?

Just now, GinRummy said:

Fair enough. To be clear, you’re not against the club communicating with the fans right now?

What are they going to say? That's my only point.

If we are going to go for a cheap

option like McCann I’d much rather Kirk was promoted. Sets the youngsters up to attack and constantly at players from the sidelines. 

Just now, HMFC86 said:

If we are going to go for a cheap

option like McCann I’d much rather Kirk was promoted. Sets the youngsters up to attack and constantly at players from the sidelines. 

This

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

What are they going to say? That's my only point.

Sound. I just think a wee statement acknowledging they appreciate the  strength of feeling of the support and everybody at the club knows results aren’t good enough.

worth remembering the last time Mrs Budge mentioned CL was to say he was doing a great job.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Sound. I just think a wee statement acknowledging they appreciate the  strength of feeling of the support and everybody at the club knows results aren’t good enough.

worth remembering the last time Mrs Budge mentioned CL was to say he was doing a great job.

They don't need to release a statement for people to know that. She is is well aware of the feeling in the support.

Business as usual is what I’ve heard. Nothing suggested to the players that a change is coming. That’s from a first team player, well his mum to be precise. You can make of that what you will. For what it’s worth, the players would learn about any sacking about the same time as us anyway but thought I’d pass on the comments.