Silence from Tynecastle

heartandsoul

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, 1874robbo said:

That’s up to the individual but my preference is always win.

i still want managerial change whether we win or not though.

Exactly where most folk are at. Unfortunately not Budge though

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• i8hibsh

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yep. But when he is still the manager and we are playing Hibs, we support him. 

I’m separating the two, I’m supporting the players but I can’t support him anymore.

Bridge of Djoum

That’s up to the individual but my preference is always win.

i still want managerial change whether we win or not though.

As do the vast majority.

Pretty much every Hearts fan wants the same, managerial change. The way we voice displeasure is different. The abuse of Ann Budge and CL is quite frankly vile. 

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

So, yes.

Get behind the team and manager. 

It’s a two way street and always has been. I will support the team but I’ll be one of the first to shout Levein out. It’s an absolute disgrace what’s happening at the club just now. The fans are being absolutely taken for granted.

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Silence on the official website is now broken to tell us that Washington is out for 3 months.

You not actually make this up.

Its beyond belief especially as his hamstring was known to be tight before the game but Levein lobbed him on anyway.

You are really a complete bellend of a man CL, that never learns a lesson with injured players.

Is that right? He had a tight hamstring before the game?

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

I’m separating the two, I’m supporting the players but I can’t support him anymore.

Fair enough. Will you give him credit if we win?

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

As do the vast majority.

Pretty much every Hearts fan wants the same, managerial change. The way we voice displeasure is different. The abuse of Ann Budge and CL is quite frankly vile. 

Agreed the graffiti about Ann budge is disgusting.

havent seen too much in the way of vile abuse to Craig though(apologies if I missed it, genuinely) 

saw him getting specky and obv the C word but come on I’ve been called worse on here and given the same back tbf.

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Depends how we win though doesn’t it?

what I mean is, if they battered us for 90 mins and we got a flukey og to nick it we’d be delighted to win but would you really give him Credit for it?

Edited by 1874robbo

Bridge of Djoum

Depends how we win though doesn’t it?

Against Hibs? Nope. Absolutely not. I'm in general agreement with you, though.

MarkDevriesScores4
4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Credit for winning one league game in 7 months

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Agreed the graffiti about Ann budge is disgusting.

havent seen too much in the way of vile abuse to Craig though(apologies if I missed it, genuinely) 

saw him getting specky and obv the C word but come on I’ve been called worse on here and given the same back tbf.

I saw a keyboard warrior claim he wished CL had not gotten to the hospital so quickly after his health scare.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Quite clearly not what I said in that particular post or previous posts. 

Against Hibs? Nope. Absolutely not. I'm in general agreement with you, though.

I think we all want what’s best for hearts and some of us have different views on how we get that.

thats football and football forums for us.

2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Credit where credits due. You do know we had to play top 6 clubs during that run. We sat in and tried to frustrate them but somehow that didn’t work

Edited by GinRummy

Bridge of Djoum

I think we all want what’s best for hearts and some of us have different views on how we get that.

thats football and football forums for us.

You are quite correct.

I saw a keyboard warrior claim he wished CL had not gotten to the hospital so quickly after his health scare.

Shocking to say that, I want him gone from the club but not this earth.

Bridge of Djoum

Shocking to say that, I want him gone from the club but not this earth.

Well, some aren't bright enough to articulate themselves at all in a healthy manner.

People wishing ill of Craig are cretinous vile pondlife.

CL is a very decent man and I will always have a place in my heart for him.  My feeling towards his departure are 100% professional.

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not if she didn't start that process then, and we know she would not have.

We have to understand she will be doing this the business way. Not the football way, which ends up paying thousands in compensation.

Ann Budge does things differently, with organisation, opinions were very different in the close season about his dismissal.

There in lies the problem, for the forum, that folk are not realising that their view is not total, its as universal now as I think it will ever be, but it definitely wasn't, most people I think would have been pleased after the Motherwell game and we were going to be back on track.

I’m sorry, mate, I disagree. 

The business is inextricably linked with what goes on on the field. It’s a football club for crying out loud.

We are only responding to things that AB has said herself, namely, that 4th place was the target we should be achieving. We have failed twice in that, badly actually.

There was a very popular opinion after the final that he should have gone then. I was one who agreed with that. Not very different from now as you claim. The only difference now is, reasonable, sensible posters, like yourself, all want him gone, and gone now.

I don’t think we have to be business masterminds to know that , if this continues, and gets worse, then it will take a lot longer to fix, and cost money in lost revenue.

The Motherwell game now seems a long way off. 

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

People wishing ill of Craig are cretinous vile pondlife.

CL is a very decent man and I will always have a place in my heart for him.  My feeling towards his departure are 100% professional.

You want his job? 😏

TBF the press conferences would be amazing.

What about I8 as manager with Lieson as his script writer and PR guru? Be like giving Donald Trump direct access to twitter

Edited by sadj

35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody said she needed to explain herself after every negative result. Lose on Sunday and she’ll have overseen the worst run of league results in the clubs history. Bit dismissive of other fans to suggest they’re asking for a statement after a bad result.

But they are. They wanted a statement after Hamilton, after Motherwell, probably after Hibs too should we lose.

Question is, what do you want her to say? She's not going to come out and say 'Aye, Craig is shite. **** better get his finger out ASAP or he'll be fired'. She's made comments fairly recently about Levein, and how his position is not untenable and that she's happy to come down on him like a tonne of bricks when needed. And guess what? It still wasn't enough to please our fans.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Locky said:

But they are. They wanted a statement after Hamilton, after Motherwell, probably after Hibs too should we lose.

Question is, what do you want her to say? She's not going to come out and say 'Aye, Craig is shite. **** better get his finger out ASAP or he'll be fired'. She's made comments fairly recently about Levein, and how his position is not untenable and that she's happy to come down on him like a tonne of bricks when needed. And guess what? It still wasn't enough to please our fans.

A poster just yesterday claimed he'd heard that AB had promised CL a ''job for life'' as long as she was there.

The fact that she has stated on more than one occasion that this isn't the case, it doesn't deter people from making shit up.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

What about I8 as manager with Lieson as his script writer and PR guru? Be like giving Donald Trump direct access to twitter

I'd like to see that.

It’s not up to me what she says. I’m not the one overseeing this gigantic screw up. i do think we should get a statement on the anniversary of us winning our last league match. Something short to placate the fans. That’s if we have any players not injured by that point. 

38 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She has spent the past 5 years producing more statements than the Royal Bank of Scotland.  Statements over mainly utter trivial pish or statements of her relentless crusade to lock up our own fans.  This is the single biggest crisis since she took over and she is stone cold silent.  The reason for this as we all know as this is an actual football matter and she simply could not give the slightest **** as it is not selling her or our image.

I wouldn't say she doesn't give the slightest ****. Think we're all forgetting Mrs Budge was a ST holder for years before she took over. She's a fan deep down just like the rest of us.

She's been very transparent in statements before, particularly about how the club essentially has football a department and a commercial department. She's also been very clear and honest about how she has no place to really meddle with the football side of things. What are you expecting? A 500 word tactical breakdown of Craig Levein's failings?

Ann isn't stupid, nor ignorant. I'm sure she's fully aware of the noise coming from the supporters right now. Ann has been a breath of fresh air to this club in the past 5 years, and her refusal to succumb to mob pressure and stand by her manager is in some respects another breath of fresh air in the modern game. Whether she's right to do so is looking increasingly wrong, but there might still be a happy ending yet.

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

A poster just yesterday claimed he'd heard that AB had promised CL a ''job for life'' as long as she was there.

The fact that she has stated on more than one occasion that this isn't the case, it doesn't deter people from making shit up.

People will spindle any old shite these days, and sadly anything about Budge and Levein will be lapped up by the growing knee jerkers. Sad times.

I wouldn't say she doesn't give the slightest ****. Think we're all forgetting Mrs Budge was a ST holder for years before she took over. She's a fan deep down just like the rest of us.

She's been very transparent in statements before, particularly about how the club essentially has football a department and a commercial department. She's also been very clear and honest about how she has no place to really meddle with the football side of things. What are you expecting? A 500 word tactical breakdown of Craig Levein's failings?

Ann isn't stupid, nor ignorant. I'm sure she's fully aware of the noise coming from the supporters right now. Ann has been a breath of fresh air to this club in the past 5 years, and her refusal to succumb to mob pressure and stand by her manager is in some respects another breath of fresh air in the modern game. Whether she's right to do so is looking increasingly wrong, but there might still be a happy ending yet.

It’s not mob pressure it’s the will of the fans that she should react to.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not up to me what she says. I’m not the one overseeing this gigantic screw up. i do think we should get a statement on the anniversary of us winning our last league match. Something short to placate the fans. That’s if we have any players not injured by that point. 

It's not upto any of us what she says, or if she stays silent. Neither is it up to us if Levein stays or not. Point I'm making is, what can Ann say that will actually appease and unite fans? Absolutely nothing. In the words of Ronan Keating, 'you say it best, when you say nothing at all'.

Just now, Locky said:

People will spindle any old shite these days, and sadly anything about Budge and Levein will be lapped up by the growing knee jerkers. Sad times.

Its not a knee jerk. We’ve been awful for ten months. During that time the support has gradually turned. That’s pretty much the opposite of a knee jerk.

It's not upto any of us what she says, or if she stays silent. Neither is it up to us if Levein stays or not. Point I'm making is, what can Ann say that will actually appease and unite fans? Absolutely nothing. In the words of Ronan Keating, 'you say it best, when you say nothing at all'.

Nice quote. It’s obviously only my opinion but saying nothing sends the signal it’s just business as usual, nothing to see here. I believe that is the last thing the fans want to believe.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Its not a knee jerk. We’ve been awful for ten months. During that time the support has gradually turned. That’s pretty much the opposite of a knee jerk.

The entire support has gradually turned. But the knee jerkers are the ones most likely spindling lies to further tarnish the name of Budge. The fans who probably want every manager who loses a derby sacked, or the ones who think we should be spanking Celtic and Rangers away every time.

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

What can Ann say? 

We are looking for another manager because our current manager has failed in his job. 

Not hard really tbh 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nice quote. It’s obviously only my opinion but saying nothing sends the signal it’s just business as usual, nothing to see here. I believe that is the last thing the fans want to believe.

I just think there's so much division and tension among fans right now, a statement will only add further fuel to the fire.

40 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yip, thats why Maclean started. 

This is really annoying. No wonder we keep getting injuries then. Also cant imagine this sort of thing goes down well with the rest of the squad either.

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

What can Ann say? 

We are looking for another manager because our current manager has failed in his job. 

Not hard really tbh 

But that's not going to happen is it? At least not before Sunday. We all know she isn't sacking him, and without sacking him what can she say?

Just now, Locky said:

The entire support has gradually turned. But the knee jerkers are the ones most likely spindling lies to further tarnish the name of Budge. The fans who probably want every manager who loses a derby sacked, or the ones who think we should be spanking Celtic and Rangers away every time.

Yeah I see what you’re getting at now. Yes, no point in telling lies.

Talking of making stuff up, I’m pretty sure no Hearts fan has ever said this. 

It might be nice to have the occasional game there that isn’t a training exercise for the opposition after 20 minutes, though.

Haringshairband
57 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

That won't happen whether the current incumbent of the job remains or not. 

If the current owner who has no real duty to any shareholders also decides the supporters aren't really worth all the aggravation then there might not be any appetite to leave us in the Premier League, she found us in the Championship remember. Might as well leave with us back there. 

I wouldn't blame her. 

:wtf: This is possibly the most nonsensical post I have read on this forum and that is saying something.

Was at meggatland today and Levein was there. He was the most relaxed individual there. Certainly didn’t look like a man who was worrying about his job. Had his picture taken with a few fans. Laughed and joked with Roger Arnott. Not a care in the world. 

3 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Was at meggatland today and Levein was there. He was the most relaxed individual there. Certainly didn’t look like a man who was worrying about his job. Had his picture taken with a few fans. Laughed and joked with Roger Arnott. Not a care in the world. 

Telling you he's on medication after his Heart scare. 

Most placid guy in the world. 

Levein of old would be tearing reporters to pieces. 

Screaming his head off on touchline and players would be getting throttled at half time.. 

Something not right... 

(caveat: no medical training and it's a jsut a thought) 

Edited by Blacky87

9 minutes ago, leginten said:

Talking of making stuff up, I’m pretty sure no Hearts fan has ever said this. 

It might be nice to have the occasional game there that isn’t a training exercise for the opposition after 20 minutes, though.

You get what I'm saying though. Parts of our support think this is a problem unique to Levein and Hearts when in truth, every side in the division experiences a result through there once in a blue moon.

Just now, Locky said:

You get what I'm saying though. Parts of our support think this is a problem unique to Levein and Hearts when in truth, every side in the division experiences a result through there once in a blue moon.

My personal issue is other teams go through and at least have some idea on how they might sneak a goal. We go through, sit back and let them come at us. We then do the same the next game through there and the next. Other sides have a chance of sneaking the odd result if they get them on an off day. We never know if they’re having an off day because it’s defence v attack, like a training exercise. It’s soul destroying and not because we get beat. The manner of our performance is just so depressing.

Just now, Locky said:

I think you need to have a look at Levein’s record in Glasgow - and the fact that his teams routinely capitulate there without laying a glove on the opposition - before you conclude that our performances there are currently the same as they have always been. 

I obviously give our support more credit than you do for being able to see what’s in front of their eyes.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

:wtf: This is possibly the most nonsensical post I have read on this forum and that is saying something.

Don’t feed the troll.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
12 minutes ago, Hercules said:

"Safest job in football."

Shame people can't see past their dislike for him. He's bang on about Levein.

22 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

This is really annoying. No wonder we keep getting injuries then. Also cant imagine this sort of thing goes down well with the rest of the squad either.

Exactly. Ridiculous carry on.