• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• i8hibsh

5 hours ago, kimosavi said:

The only time you hear a peep from Tynecastle is when someone is getting banned or they are looking for money from the fans

Total disconnection 

Bang on if one of our fans had done something at one of our games there would’ve statements galore 

29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

FoH mandate.

Go to the website and read what their role is. 

The FOH have not worked out what fan owned but not fan run is going to mean in reality?This crisis is exercising minds.We are not owners yet but we do have directors on the board.Are they rattling cages or nodding meekly?

As far as a statement from the club is concerned the post of Coco earlier collating some of the pronouncements that have stemmed over the months from the club should at least make it understandable why so many are finding the "silence" difficult to say the least.

AS a FOH member from the beginning I am fully in support of its aims and will not be ceasing my donation as some kind of leverage.Its not good though to be an individual member of an organisation that has contributed millions to the club and feel so powerless.

GorgieFifeLife

Communication is very good today on the website. Apparently we can dine in the sky on some Nori Seaweed Rillette.  This is what is important at our club now. 

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Honestly thought there would have been something from the club by now, even just to say they understand our frustration and are working on the matter but absolutely hee haw from them. I don't expect them to come out and say he's sacked, unfortunately, but give us something to go on. Treating the fans like mugs now.

The board is spineless,bunch of Muppets.

5 hours ago, Coco said:

It's now 45 days since we were told we would get a Chairman's Statement Part 2 on the current situation and next season's plans.  

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-1

At the same time Ann Budge was telling us she was going to review the disorganised football department.  But that also she had swallowed Levein's nonsense about being on the cusp of the great things.  

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/big-interview-ann-budge-explains-why-she-is-fully-behind-hearts-boss-craig-levein-1-4974718

Levein then through the press told Budge that the only people able to criticise him were football managers, putting Ann Budge back in her box.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49436319

And in reaction Ann Budge falls into line and reveals that Levein is doing a great job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49462161

And of course it goes back to Levein deciding when his time is up.  (and of course that some supporters would say that Levein shouldn't be the manager even if he won the treble). 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/ann-budge-hearts-heading-in-right-direction-but-craig-levein-is-not-bomb-proof-1-4933739

So when is Levein going to say that it isn't working?

Not much silence here Coco.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

More chance of a joint article with the vermin about "respect" and "friendly rivalry"...

Ann's two favourite clubs playing this Sunday and she'll be there with her chum Leeann. She can't lose.

I have no intention of stopping my FOH payments but I feel that every team we play against are confident of beating us just now.we are very static and have no leadership on or off the field our coaching and tactics are not working under this leadership.Its time for a change.

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

More chance of a joint article with the vermin about "respect" and "friendly rivalry"...

Its a European place decider don't you know😞

Just now, rudi must stay said:

Some impeccable sources on Facebook say McCann to be appointed on Wednesday

Any word of that means Levein is leaving completely or going back upstairs?

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Hmmmmmm Facebook!!!!! Must be true then.

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Any word of that means Levein is leaving completely or going back upstairs?

He should be gone. 

Theres that guy Arnott that runs the Academy, and a plethora of coaches, no need for Levein to still take a wage out of the Club. 

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

So no proper recruitment process again then?..

I'd take McCann over the current lot, but would much prefer the Club to go for a much more ambitious target..

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Hmmmmmm Facebook!!!!! Must be true then.

His name does keep on getting mentioned..

Don't know if that means that theres any truth yo it, or just saddos repeating the same lame rumour...

1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

His name does keep on getting mentioned..

Don't know if that means that theres any truth yo it, or just saddos repeating the same lame rumour...

Ex players names always get thrown about, especially one who recently managed.

might be truth in it but because it’s facebook I’m sceptical 

It’s a massive job that could attract a decent name. If and I don’t think for one minute Craig Levein leaves this week should we really just hand the batton to Neil McCann ?

Lets do things right here, clear the fracks with the current set up, Levein,Macphee,Fox and Daly all shown the door and let’s see who is interested in the job.

Edited by GorgieRules22

I think Annie has Knit Club today and Bingo tomorrow so wouldn't expect anything until Wednesday.

Then we will get the announcement that he's still doing a really really good job as the finances show.

6 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

It’s a massive job that could attract a decent name. If and I don’t think for one minute Craig Levein leaves this week should we really just hand the batton to Neil McCann ?

Lets do things right here, clear the fracks with the current set up, Levein,Macphee,Fox and Daly all shown the door and let’s see who is interested in the job.

No more ex players.

Flipping the argument on its head a bit: 

The club will have to respond publically to the protests on Saturday, the clear message from the stands, and the run of results. 

If that was going to be the standard issue vote of confidence and request for patience, would it not have been out by now? It's not difficult to draft this. 

On the other hand, working out a severance package, and identifying an interim appointment (be that internal or external) can take a day or two. 

I'm hopeful the silence is actually cause the wheels are in motion for his departure

1 minute ago, jamboj said:

Flipping the argument on its head a bit: 

The club will have to respond publically to the protests on Saturday, the clear message from the stands, and the run of results. 

If that was going to be the standard issue vote of confidence and request for patience, would it not have been out by now? It's not difficult to draft this. 

On the other hand, working out a severance package, and identifying an interim appointment (be that internal or external) can take a day or two. 

I'm hopeful the silence is actually cause the wheels are in motion for his departure

I like your way of thinking. Maybe that makes sense to me so much because it's what I desperately want.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

25 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Would McCann be any better?

Maybe we should go for Pressley

Hampden Demolition

If McCann is appointed, we will be relegated. Utter hopeless and would show a real lack of ambition from the board. If he is appointed, it would also likely mean Levein is back as DOF.

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Would McCann be any better?

Maybe we should go for Pressley

I think Gerry McCann couldn't do a worse job.

Seriously nobody will do worse.

4 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

If McCann is appointed, we will be relegated. Utter hopeless and would show a real lack of ambition from the board. If he is appointed, it would also likely mean Levein is back as DOF.

McCann till end of season and Levein as DoF would do me fine. As long as it came with a, and all to be reviewed at the end of the season.

A change before the derby needs a hearts man to come in.

McCann did have Dundee playing some good stuff.

But we do need to do something to break the current cycle. And McCann in rather than a huge, sack'em all move seems prudent and less likely just to weigh is down with a manager who may or may not do well. And would be expensive to pay off early.

I wouldn't say no to McCann + Sir Paul duo (egos and personalities allowing) until the end of the season. They have strong personalities, have been in teams with winning mentalities, and get hearts.

Edited by JamboAndrew

North Berwick Jambo
18 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

This 100%!! 

rudi must stay

McCann talks a good game, if he plays one half as good he'd do alright. Hopefully has a chat with Michael Stewart too, clever lad who would be an asset to Hearts in the right role (perhaps scouting for example). 

9 minutes ago, Section Q said:

The lack of credible a statement from the club is insulting.

Time for the big banners. Levein and Budge onyer bike.

Lhevein and Bhudge surely?

22 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I dont disagree but money would have to be found from somewhere and Levein has probably been cut some slack in budget to save his skin.

Hampden Demolition
10 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

McCann till end of season and Levein as DoF would do me fine. As long as it came with a, and all to be reviewed at the end of the season.

A change before the derby needs a hearts man to come in.

McCann did have Dundee playing some good stuff.

But we do need to do something to break the current cycle. And McCann in rather than a huge, sack'em all move seems prudent and less likely just to weigh is down with a manager who may or may not do well. And would be expensive to pay off early.

I wouldn't say no to McCann + Sir Paul duo (egos and personalities allowing) until the end of the season. They have strong personalities, have been in teams with winning mentalities, and get hearts.

He was one of the reasons that Dundee were relegated.

ToadKiller Dog

McCann's time a dens sounds a lot like where we are now , decent squad ,on very few occasions shows it can play football , loses lots of easy goals .

We need somthing different a manager who quickly can restore confidence. 

People saying we should appoint guys like McCann until the "end of the season" like we are in Mid-March.

We are only 5 league games in, still in both cups and have everything to play for. Giving up on this season so early would be ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

McCann's time a dens sounds a lot like where we are now , decent squad ,on very few occasions shows it can play football , loses lots of easy goals .

We need somthing different a manager who quickly can restore confidence. 

Someone wirh no connection to Scottish Football.

I can’t understand why we’d be looking to appoint Neil McCann if Levein does go. Here’s a radical idea, why don’t we advertise the position and see who applies. Then interview the best candidates before making a decision. If McCann is the best for the job after that process, then fair enough, but I’d highly doubt it.

2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I can’t understand why we’d be looking to appoint Neil McCann if Levein does go. Here’s a radical idea, why don’t we advertise the position and see who applies. Then interview the best candidates before making a decision. If McCann is the best for the job after that process, then fair enough, but I’d highly doubt it.

Levein may well be conducting the interviews.

That's how absurd the situation is.

15 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

He was one of the reasons that Dundee were relegated.

Went and did a good bit of reading on the situation. And I was remembering things being a bit better than they were. Must be age.

I stand corrected. A no from me for McCann.

I'm not totally against Hartley though. Dundee didn't work for him, but previously he did some great work and he probably has a real drive to prove people wrong as well. And he is a winner.

Just now, Serge Pizzorno said:

Go all out for Moyes, not likely possible so more realistic would be Steven Robinson, or even a certain Mr Sergio...

Moyes is a dinasour. No, no, no. Robinson, yes.

Robinson is current, knows the league, and gets his team playing decent football and winning.

Moyes fitted at Everton, a long time ago. We might as well go for big Sam.

4 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Moyes is a dinasour. No, no, no. Robinson, yes.

Robinson is current, knows the league, and gets his team playing decent football and winning.

Moyes fitted at Everton, a long time ago. We might as well go for big Sam.

You'd go for Hartley rather than Moyes?

Brighton Jambo

Everything that is wrong with our support is our willingness to jump straight on managers and players back.  I have no idea if McCann rumour is true but if it was great, we made a change and brought back a very good former player, give him a chance.

But for those same fans who are screaming for Levein to go suddenly McCann isn't good enough.

Locke wasn't good enough despite nearly working a miracle.

Neilson takes us to third in the league having waltzed the Championship and we hire a plane to try and get him out

Cathro - a whole section of support were never convinced from day one

At times we are the most entitled set of supporters and its embarrassing, we behave like Children.  "I want anyone but Levein, I mean literally anyone, Oh no,  not him actually"

If McCann comes I will be delighted and will back him 100%.  Already there are so called fans on here talking like they want him to fail so they can give the big 'I told you so'.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Why not go after Warnock, touting himself last week... 

as long as he keeps his yapper shut about brexit etc it would be all good! style of football does not mean a jot to me at the moment i just want to see wining football

If it is McCann then he deserves a chance. Listen to him on sportssound and def talks a good game. Heard him after he lost his job at Dundee and sounded like he was doing more roles than just a manager. It was early in the season he was sacked so was really jim McIntyre who relegated them. He has saved them the season before

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Everything that is wrong with our support is our willingness to jump straight on managers and players back.  I have no idea if McCann rumour is true but if it was great, we made a change and brought back a very good former player, give him a chance.

But for those same fans who are screaming for Levein to go suddenly McCann isn't good enough.

Locke wasn't good enough despite nearly working a miracle.

Neilson takes us to third in the league having waltzed the Championship and we hire a plane to try and get him out

Cathro - a whole section of support were never convinced from day one

At times we are the most entitled set of supporters and its embarrassing, we behave like Children.  "I want anyone but Levein, I mean literally anyone, Oh no,  not him actually"

If McCann comes I will be delighted and will back him 100%.  Already there are so called fans on here talking like they want him to fail so they can give the big 'I told you so'.

There is an opinion that a miracle could have been achieved if Locke wasn’t in charge !

He stepped up, credit for that, but it was grim and there were chances to do do better that season, tough as it was.