Silence from Tynecastle

heartandsoul

Just now, Notts1874 said:

They don't need to release a statement for people to know that. She is is well aware of the feeling in the support.

I never said she needed to release a statement. I said they should. Three weeks ago she said she was happy with CL. Last week she said hearts and hibs would soon push on and challenge for Europe. She didn’t seem to realise the strength of feeling then or probably wouldn’t have chatted a load of shit.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• i8hibsh

LarrysRightFoot
16 hours ago, Sydney Devine said:

I don’t think anything will happen until we reach rock bottom.  This will come on Sunday when a very poor Hibs side beat an even poorer Hearts side.  At that point Budge will finally (and reluctantly) act.............I hope.   

I’ve absolutely no doubt we will beat Hibs. However, it’s just going to buy him more time. 

17 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

And the fact he dropped to Cove to rebuild his career for me, shows real character to succeed.

Of course, having by far the largest budget in the league, having his father in law as DoF and getting a bumper pay packet had nothing to do with taking the Cove job.

Edited by Chester™

10 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’ve absolutely no doubt we will beat Hibs. However, it’s just going to buy him more time. 

Defeats and draws seem to buy him all the time he wants.

30 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Of course, having by far the largest budget in the league, having his father in law as DoF and getting a bumper pay packet had nothing to do with taking the Cove job.

Wasn't aware of the budget. Was aware of the father in law.

Hampden Demolition
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm giving you till 5pm Friday Ann to tell us what you're doing about this.

What are we realistically able to do if they continue to stay silent? She’s basically doing the finger to each and every supporter.

Graham Thomson
2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Everything that is wrong with our support is our willingness to jump straight on managers and players back.  I have no idea if McCann rumour is true but if it was great, we made a change and brought back a very good former player, give him a chance.

But for those same fans who are screaming for Levein to go suddenly McCann isn't good enough.

Locke wasn't good enough despite nearly working a miracle.

Neilson takes us to third in the league having waltzed the Championship and we hire a plane to try and get him out

Cathro - a whole section of support were never convinced from day one

At times we are the most entitled set of supporters and its embarrassing, we behave like Children.  "I want anyone but Levein, I mean literally anyone, Oh no,  not him actually"

If McCann comes I will be delighted and will back him 100%.  Already there are so called fans on here talking like they want him to fail so they can give the big 'I told you so'.

I think this a fair Assesment . Good post

pharmaceutical01
7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

KD it’s currently 6.30pm in Edinburgh 

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Or what, Doug? 

If we don’t hear anything by tomorrow I think we can assume the hatches have been battened and we’ll go into the next two games as we are.

A derby defeat and exit in the league cup will, I suspect, grant your wish and we’ll hear from the club then.

I hope we win both games and don’t hear a thing next week.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I know.  I'm giving her till Friday.  

And then?

You’ll email the club?

Cancel your pledge?

Post some angry words on here?

Enough man. We’re all frustrated. What will be will be. Posts like you’ve made are all a bit silly.

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

What are they going to say? That's my only point.

Either say they are giving him more time or sack him!!! 

If they say the former we protest and protest some more until she finally gets the message we want change. It’s nit as if this is a knee jerk reaction to one or two results!!!!

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

And then?

You’ll email the club?

Cancel your pledge?

Post some angry words on here?

Enough man. We’re all frustrated. What will be will be. Posts like you’ve made are all a bit silly.

I understand your response but what does what will be will be mean? We all just sit back and say nothing in the teeth of this shambles?

We don't even seem to be entitled to injury updates now. Surely you would agree that we're entitled to a statement from AB addressing our concerns.  That is all I ask.  It doesnt have to say that levein has gone.  It just has to say that she understands the frustrations and is taking all possible measures to improve matters.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I understand your response but what does what will be will be mean? We all just sit back and say nothing in the teeth of this shambles?

We don't even seem to be entitled to injury updates now. Surely you would agree that we're entitled to a statement from AB addressing our concerns.  That is all I ask.  It doesnt have to say that levein has gone.  It just has to say that she understands the frustrations and is taking all possible measures to improve matters.

Lets say she came out and made a statement as you say. Then we lose heavily in the next 2 games. Despite her statement of this week there would be nowhere else to go but to relieve him of his duties. She’d look a bit silly (perhaps her ‘doing a great job’ interview a few weeks ago has made her hold off?) 

Rightly or wrongly I think the club have given him until the Aberdeen game. I don’t think we’ll hear anything until then if things don’t go as planned.

What will be will be simply means immediate results will determine what happens next. No amount of online hysteria will alter that course. Imo.

20 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Either say they are giving him more time or sack him!!! 

If they say the former we protest and protest some more until she finally gets the message we want change. It’s nit as if this is a knee jerk reaction to one or two results!!!!

As above. So she says tonight the club are giving him more time. We then lose 4-0 at Hibs and 3 nil at home to Aberdeen.

He would be sacked. 100% he would be sacked.

So then the statement of tonight looks absolutely ridiculous.

The club will only give us a statement when he’s leaving the club.

Edited by Whatever
Unsure whether ‘precede’ was correct word.

Adam_the_legend

The silence IS deafening. I think it’s very telling that part 2 to her statement is still to arrive. AB’s definition of shortly is not the same as mine. I like what she has done on the business side, that cannot be denied, but we are a football club and I’m starting to worry she doesn’t really care about results as much as she should. As long as the finances are solid then she’s not too concerned. That would work for most businesses but not football clubs, she needs to get this!

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

The silence IS deafening. I think it’s very telling that part 2 to her statement is still to arrive. AB’s definition of shortly is not the same as mine. I like what she has done on the business side, that cannot be denied, but we are a football club and I’m starting to worry she doesn’t really care about results as much as she should. As long as the finances are solid then she’s not too concerned. That would work for most businesses but not football clubs, she needs to get this!

Part 2 hasn’t been released due to the situation we are in, imo.

Had we won our 3 home games we’d have already had it.

She’d look foolish releasing part 2, giving her backing to the footballing dept and then needing to rip it up only a matter of weeks later.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, JamboAndrew said:

Very well summed up.

Whoever is in next has my 100% backing.

Whoever is next has my backing provided it’s a sensible and thought-out process. That doesn’t involve “just giving it to McCann”. It involves properly analysing our options.

I fail to believe that McCann is the best of them tbh. It smacks of a ‘he wiz Hertz back in the day’. Might get a short term bounce but we need some sort of vision. We’re like blind mice right now.

Adam_the_legend
Just now, Whatever said:

Part 2 hasn’t been released due to the situation we are in, imo.

Had we won our 3 home games we’d have already had it.

She’d look foolish releasing part 2, giving her backing to the footballing dept and then needing to rip it up only a matter of weeks later.

That’s obvious and very telling. She is losing credibility the longer this goes on. Good managers take decisive action when required, no matter how difficult. She is letting emotion get in the way when we need a cold, back business first attitude. 

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

That’s obvious and very telling. She is losing credibility the longer this goes on. Good managers take decisive action when required, no matter how difficult. She is letting emotion get in the way when we need a cold, back business first attitude. 

I don’t necessarily disagree with any of that.

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Whoever is next has my backing provided it’s a sensible and thought-out process. That doesn’t involve “just giving it to McCann”. It involves properly analysing our options.

I fail to believe that McCann is the best of them tbh. It smacks of a ‘he wiz Hertz back in the day’. Might get a short term bounce but we need some sort of vision. We’re like blind mice right now.

I actually think Budge would consult Levein on who she should appoint which would be an absolute travesty!! 

We need to cut all ties with him making footballing decisions at the club with immediate effect!! 

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with any of that.

I like your style although we don't fully agree.  You're not hysterical or threatening.  If you're right that levein has the next two games to turn things around, that's good.  You can't know that though.

I'm not hysterical either.  I'm simply of the view that she has to respond to mounting concerns.  She could simply say that a horrendous run of injuries to key players has taken it's toll and she is confident that our fortunes will improve once this situation has abated.

Surely you will agree that continued silence is damaging.  It's frustrating the life out of me and many others.

As someone who has supported this club since 1954, I don't do knee---jerk reactions.  Even relegations didn't turn me away.

9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I like your style although we don't fully agree.  You're not hysterical or threatening.  If you're right that levein has the next two games to turn things around, that's good.  You can't know that though.

I'm not hysterical either.  I'm simply of the view that she has to respond to mounting concerns.  She could simply say that a horrendous run of injuries to key players has taken it's toll and she is confident that our fortunes will improve once this situation has abated.

Surely you will agree that continued silence is damaging.  It's frustrating the life out of me and many others.

As someone who has supported this club since 1954, I don't do knee---jerk reactions.  Even relegations didn't turn me away.

I don’t know if he has the next two games. I’m merely speculating. A derby win and progress into the semi finals of the league cup are at stake and defeat in both will signal the end, imo.

I think we’ll hear from Ann Budge when CL is leaving the club. Despite the frustration and anger many are feeling, I can understand from the boards point of view why nothing will be said before then.

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I don’t know if he has the next two games. I’m merely speculating. A derby win and progress into the semi finals of the league cup are at stake and defeat in both will signal the end, imo.

I think we’ll hear from Ann Budge when CL is leaving the club. Despite the frustration and anger many are feeling, I can understand from the boards point of view why nothing will be said before then.

Fair enough.  If we have players back for these games like SN and Smith, I'm confident we can perform well in the next 2 games I'll be delighted.

Formally withdrawing my Friday threat.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Fair enough.  If we have players back for these games like SN and Smith, I'm confident we can perform well in the next 2 games I'll be delighted.

Formally withdrawing my Friday threat.

You’re a good Hearts man, Doug.

We all want the best for the club. Let’s start with a win at Easter Road and putting them below us.

👍🏻

4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Everything that is wrong with our support is our willingness to jump straight on managers and players back.  I have no idea if McCann rumour is true but if it was great, we made a change and brought back a very good former player, give him a chance.

But for those same fans who are screaming for Levein to go suddenly McCann isn't good enough.

Neilson takes us to third in the league having waltzed the Championship and we hire a plane to try and get him out

At times we are the most entitled set of supporters and its embarrassing, we behave like Children.  "I want anyone but Levein, I mean literally anyone, Oh no,  not him actually"

If McCann comes I will be delighted and will back him 100%.  Already there are so called fans on here talking like they want him to fail so they can give the big 'I told you so'.

All I want is for us to play with passion, commitment and for all involved to be giving 100%. For long spells under Neilson, pretty much all the time under Cathro, and a lot of the time under Levein that was not the case. That's not being 'entitled' that's just wanting the bare minimum.

Brighton Jambo
11 minutes ago, jake said:

I dont recognise that tbh.

We had a manager who was a former and popular ex player.  We were in the toughest championship the in years we played great football and won the league at a canter. We then finished third in our first season back and qualified for Europe.

And yet that still wasn't enough for us so we hired a plane to tell him to quit. And before people say that was just a couple of fans there was a real Robbie out campaign including on here.

All we have heard since is we should be finishing third and playing better football.  We had that and tried to hound the manager out.  Entitled doesn’t come close and that was the most frustrated I have ever been with our support.  

I know people will criticise me for these views but I don’t care, we embarrassed ourselves in my view and it still pisses me off. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

We had a manager who was a former and popular ex player.  We were in the toughest championship the in years we played great football and won the league at a canter. We then finished third in our first season back and qualified for Europe.

And yet that still wasn't enough for us so we hired a plane to tell him to quit. And before people say that was just a couple of fans there was a real Robbie out campaign including on here.

All we have heard since is we should be finishing third and playing better football.  We had that and tried to hound the manager out.  Entitled doesn’t come close and that was the most frustrated I have ever been with our support.  

I know people will criticise me for these views but I don’t care, we embarrassed ourselves in my view and it still pisses me off. 

I know where you’re coming from (notwithstanding the fact that Neilson ****ed up badly in the Hibs cup tie) but this is about Levein.

It should have been ten
7 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Two excellent post, well put! 👏🏼

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

If McCann is appointed, we will be relegated. Utter hopeless and would show a real lack of ambition from the board. If he is appointed, it would also likely mean Levein is back as DOF.

This would Likley anger me more than backing CL for a bit longer. 

A failed Dundee manager with the same coaches and our failed manager above him. 

Would be utterly horrendous if it's somthing like that tbh. 

I can't see it, Surley she backs Craig or we change things properly. 

Why has Ann Budge stayed quiet about saturday. She is usually quick of the mark with criticism of our fans yet we hear nothing about the demonstration and the supports determination for her to sack Levein & his Boot Room.

Forever Hearts

Drop a sweetie wrapper and there would be a ten line lecture. Manager failing abysmally at his job and Hearts bottom of the league? Nothing to see here. 

On 15/09/2019 at 22:52, 19/05/2012 said:

Don’t understand this, foundation of hearts payment is to secure the future of the club. Hearts will be here long after Levein, foundation of hearts payment is a long term commitment can’t just cancel when things aren’t going well on the park. 

When he is sacked ,I will increase my FOH contribution.

On 15/09/2019 at 22:50, 1971fozzy said:

still early. I’d be amazed if something (talks) havent happened today. Let’s see what happens over the next 24-48 hours.

At the least there must be a statement 

Any news yet fozzy?