• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• i8hibsh

8 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Said it before that fan ownership ain’t a problem. It’s absolutely the way to go. Just look at our history and across the road for evidence of issues created by the alternative. 

The problem is folks understanding of what fan ownership means and the sense of ‘entitlement‘ created

I share your concerns 

I agree its the way to go but as for your point on the sense of entitlement. I think its only fair within reason of course that folk who plough their hard earned money into the club feel that they are entitled to have their views considered at the very least. If not by the club then by the Foundation itself.

When Romanov was in charge, I think towards the end, many felt that they were detached from the club. No mark managers came in from the East and whether they won or lost decisions were made to change them. In this instance I just feel that the feeling is so strong from the fans... the FoH pledgers, that something should be done to promote that view. 

Ultimately, Ann Budge has to decide if the overwhelming views of the punters will affect the future of the club. The role of any CEO is to increase the efficiency and reduce business risk. This is plain and simple. Once she gets her head round this she will realise that 1. we are not more efficient with CL in charge and 2. there is a greater risk to the business through poor signings having to be paid off, FoH short falls and reduced gate receipts. She's a successful business woman and will know this. I am confident that the only reason he is still in a job will be that she is looking for an CL exit strategy that will not waste any more club money.

Mid Calder Jambo
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah I am worried. I hope someone is advising her that the situation is now time critical. 

It has been time critical since the Livi 5-0 game that is why I believe that she now is as much of the problem as the DoF

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Some of her statements do not communicate well. The last one with the line..” we are building a sustainable business regardless of what’s going on out on the pitch “..... should worry everyone.

It would be more worrying if the sustainability of the club relied on the results out on the pitch.  We'd be bankrupt!

6 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

It genuinely doesn’t surprise me that we haven’t heard a single word from the club on this matter. But it’s funny because how quick were we to punt Cathrine when things went bad yet nothing for Levein amazing eh

They sacked him on the Tuesday after the dunfy game was on a Saturday.

Just now, WageThief said:

It would be more worrying if the sustainability of the club relied on the results out on the pitch.  We'd be bankrupt!

It does to an extent !

The longer this goes on, the more money we lose. 

3 minutes ago, WageThief said:

The sustainability of the club does rely on results on the pitch. In the short term we will survive but long term nearly all revenue sources would be negatively affected by a sustained downturn in results.

9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

still early. I’d be amazed if something (talks) havent happened today. Let’s see what happens over the next 24-48 hours.

At the least there must be a statement 

Wouldnt be amazed at all and don't hold your breath for a statement either. 

chuck berrys hairline

Ann would've had a statement out if anybody chipped the glass facade on Saturday. I don't think she actually has Hearts best interests at heart I think shes only fulfilling self interests and her buddies. Everyone else is just a pawn in her game after all she will make a nice wee profit after this

Any decent managing director would ask CL privately for his immediate resignation, otherwise he can suffer the indignity of being sacked at a board meeting. That’s more than they did for a number of players and the coaching setup when AB took over.

He won't go and she won't sack him so round and round we go.

What's that you say green shoots as far as the eye can see and he's off at the end of the season anyway no point wasting precious money.

Yeah we're quite adept at that already.

Round and round and round

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The sustainability of the club does rely on results on the pitch. In the short term we will survive but long term nearly all revenue sources would be negatively affected by a sustained downturn in results.

Just have a look at the section behind the goals every home game in the Gorgie Stand and you can see how empty the Hospitality Section is. 

She is bound to be aware of that and the 1874 bar is hardly ever open these days other tham match days.

All of this will be costing the club much needed income especially with the amount of money Levein must be wasting on some of his rubbish signings.

She might notn isten to the fans verbal complaints but she may well react to the drop in revenue.

10 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The silence will continue.

Stewart is correct. Safest job in football has Levein.

Agrees with him does Yoda.

9 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Don’t understand this, foundation of hearts payment is to secure the future of the club. Hearts will be here long after Levein, foundation of hearts payment is a long term commitment can’t just cancel when things aren’t going well on the park. 

Precisely...will never cancel my contribution as there are other ways to effect changes 

2 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

He won't go and she won't sack him so round and round we go.

What's that you say green shoots as far as the eye can see and he's off at the end of the season anyway no point wasting precious money.

Yeah we're quite adept at that already.

Round and round and round

I'n dizzy already. 😂

Levein is on the board, I can't see any way he'll go until FOH takeover, unless he decides its the right time. We have known this for two years. Lets hope the pressure gets to him.

Mid Calder Jambo
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Levein is on the board, I can't see any way he'll go until FOH takeover, unless he decides its the right time. We have known this for two years. Lets hope the pressure gets to him.

But genuinely that it doesn't do his health in any further.  For that reason alone it is time to go.

So, some attention  seeker stops his FoH contribution? Great, well done. 🤦‍♂️

It is far more concerning to me that three “every game” members of our supporters club are now not going to Paisley in a fortnight. They’ve got tickets ordered and will pay for them but they are totally sick of the fare Hearts are serving up every single week at the moment. These guys will be back, I’m 100% sure of that, but we’ll be losing floating supporters by the hundreds every single week if Levein continues in post. 

There will have been discussions and I’m fairly sure he will have been given the derby and possibly the cup game. It’s not right he should have been sacked last season after Livingston beat us 5-0 but I wouldn’t expect to hear anything in the coming days unfortunately.

Dagger Is Back
45 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

I agree its the way to go but as for your point on the sense of entitlement. I think its only fair within reason of course that folk who plough their hard earned money into the club feel that they are entitled to have their views considered at the very least. If not by the club then by the Foundation itself.

When Romanov was in charge, I think towards the end, many felt that they were detached from the club. No mark managers came in from the East and whether they won or lost decisions were made to change them. In this instance I just feel that the feeling is so strong from the fans... the FoH pledgers, that something should be done to promote that view. 

Ultimately, Ann Budge has to decide if the overwhelming views of the punters will affect the future of the club. The role of any CEO is to increase the efficiency and reduce business risk. This is plain and simple. Once she gets her head round this she will realise that 1. we are not more efficient with CL in charge and 2. there is a greater risk to the business through poor signings having to be paid off, FoH short falls and reduced gate receipts. She's a successful business woman and will know this. I am confident that the only reason he is still in a job will be that she is looking for an CL exit strategy that will not waste any more club money.

I agree with you but for me the important words are in bold. I hope too that the time elapsing is due as you say, to her formulating an exit strategy. I’m hoping that the delay in the publication of her review of the football side of the business is as a result of our current situation.

I don’t think it’s just as simple as CL going. There’s a whole back room team here under the microscope too

Still beggars belief that a bunch of grown men can’t get their shit together when it comes to getting a result on a Saturday

3 minutes ago, sac said:

Silence today is no longer an option for her. 

Agreed but I wouldn’t want to be hanging by the balls waiting on an announcement 

3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I agree with you but for me the important words are in bold. I hope too that the time elapsing is due as you say, to her formulating an exit strategy. I’m hoping that the delay in the publication of her review of the football side of the business is as a result of our current situation.

I don’t think it’s just as simple as CL going. There’s a whole back room team here under the microscope too

Still beggars belief that a bunch of grown men can’t get their shit together when it comes to getting a result on a Saturday

Of course the delay in the footballing review is because of where we are.

Who would come out and say everything’s rosy when it’s plainly broken.

CL might...and feckin does amazingly.

AB won’t. Too embarrassing and has probably ripped up a couple already.

I hate the phrase ‘product on the park’ but football is a business these days so the game is our product. 

That being the case you would think that the CEO might react when almost 90% of your ‘customers’ are telling you that your product is absolute rubbish. I’m basing this on the latest CL poll as he is effectively the man in charge of our ‘product on the park’. 

The CEO has to explain what they plan to do in order to improve the product on offer. 

oh ah grantona
10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

If people are stopping their Foundation payments they hurt themselves. 

Folk seem to be mistaken a monthly payment gives them the chance to remove key personnel. Rightly or wrongly,  it just doesn't. 

Fan ownership beginning to worry me deeply. 

I think the current situation where the FOH want to keep budge in play and the fact Budge wants to keep Levein in play is the bigger problem for cancellations. The problem FOH have is they had a campaign a few years ago pushing for 10k and it hasn't moved they have given up and now are losing people doing nothing. They need to be pushing budge privately and say listen this is our show next year and CL is killing it, once he goes they need to be pro active and target 10k even using the line that we were active in the dismissal we listened but we couldn't go public bla bla bla.

Once the money has stopped coming out the bank it's easy to forget it and the FOH are sleeping at the wheel they need to push hard and even harder once he is gone to re-engage with fans. Even the newsletter that was monthly has stopped. Done by Barry who was first elected (I think he is still on board) Not spoke to him in a while but he has just had another kid so life has taken over, surely someone on that board can take over that role. 

The organisers to me seem a bit of a joke and as much as people hate the concept of fan ownership, I fear these guys not a leader anywhere which if we had a proper leader we all shut up and get on with contributions. 

Nearly 12 months the football has been awful in terms of results. It's been awful to watch most of the time since we finished 3rd in top league and even then some games were grim but results were there. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

They have their meeting round about now. Its very different this time, because Levein has the dual role, very awkward situation it will be this morning.

The meeting should end with Craig realising, either with a degree of sensitivity and dignity, or brutality, if he is not showing some common sense, that scenes like Saturday are irreversible.

Plenty, including myself, have been willing to give the time, benefit of the doubt, he has had an awful run of luck, but has done nothing, absolutely nothing to arrest the decline.

Unfortunately for Craig, along this road he has delegated some authority, he has put trust in people who were not up to it, that is his call, this was his responsibility and he has ultimately failed. His dream is over, and better to accept that now, today.

I will never stop my FoH pledge until i'm deid and hopefully family members will continue with it. More worryingly if what i was told at half time on Saturday true i was speaking to a lad i know retired Bank manager season ticket holder etc who is very friendly with a Hearts players father and seemingly after training on Thursday, Levein had stated that he was going with 4 4 1 1 with Uche and Washington up front however on Friday he entered the dressing room read out the teams 4 4 2 Mclean and Uche up front and walked out without a word to the players. Now it may be he changed his mind with Washington because he may have been tired from his Northern Ireland game or he did have a slight niggle who knows but i assume normally when reading out the team they would have a discussion.

Don't shoot the messenger

Leveins Battalion

I would never stop my FOH pledge but I 100% get why some are,this is not a knee jerk reaction.This is the end result of years of mismanagement at the football club.

It's a tragic shame that we are missing out on a golden opportunity to create something special with the backing of the FOH because of Ann's blind faith in Levein.

The ball is burst now,we could beat Hibs 5-0 next week no one will care.The vision and journey that Craig sold is over.

Now she can either come into her own and make the right decision or this is going to end very badly for Ann and Craig.

4 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

I will never stop my FoH pledge until i'm deid and hopefully family members will continue with it. More worryingly if what i was told at half time on Saturday true i was speaking to a lad i know retired Bank manager season ticket holder etc who is very friendly with a Hearts players father and seemingly after training on Thursday, Levein had stated that he was going with 4 4 1 1 with Uche and Washington up front however on Friday he entered the dressing room read out the teams 4 4 2 Mclean and Uche up front and walked out without a word to the players. Now it may be he changed his mind with Washington because he may have been tired from his Northern Ireland game or he did have a slight niggle who knows but i assume normally when reading out the team they would have a discussion.

Fairly obvious from that and the interview post match Levein has lost the plot and needs help.

11 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The silence will continue.

Stewart is correct. Safest job in football has Levein.

Hes here till the end  !  No matter what may brings ?

2 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

It is blatantly obvious that the man has no man management skills just ilke his previous appointment Cathro.

The players can say what they like to the press backing him but they are not playing for him on the pitch. The reason for that is that he has no proper game plan and can't motivate them.

It is obvious from his team selections that he really doesn't know what his best team is. Barring injuries and suspensions he should be giving the same players a chance to develop an understanding with each other instead of chopping and changing who plays and where they play.

If she doesn’t act this week then she is no longer acting in the best interests of Hearts. Massively out of touch with the support and footballing side of the business.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, Mort said:

If she doesn’t act this week then she is no longer acting in the best interests of Hearts. Massively out of touch with the support and footballing side of the business.

And negligent

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I would never stop my FOH pledge but I 100% get why some are,this is not a knee jerk reaction.This is the end result of years of mismanagement at the football club.

It's a tragic shame that we are missing out on a golden opportunity to create something special with the backing of the FOH because of Ann's blind faith in Levein.

The ball is burst now,we could beat Hibs 5-0 next week no one will care.The vision and journey that Craig sold is over.

Now she can either come into her own and make the right decision or this is going to end very badly for Ann and Craig.

Well, that's wrong, I will be caring deeply :) Sadly, more chance of me marrying Shakira before the game

I think people are perfectly entitled to do what they please with their FOH contributions. First and foremost its their money.

The club is clearly not listening to the fans. To say the fans have been taken for granted would be a massive understatement. What has been happening on the pitch is so far from good enough, and I believe at any other club (fan owned or otherwise) would be deemed unacceptable and change initiated. 

Yet this is deemed acceptable by the Hearts Management.

One of the few options people must feel they have is to withdraw contributions, in order to make it crystal clear that what's happening is unacceptable.

For those queuing up to have a go, I think deep down are more wanting to make themselves feel that they're a better supporter than those who have withdrawn FOH contributions.

What we can't do is sit and do nothing.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Well, that's wrong, I will be caring deeply :) Sadly, more chance of me marrying Shakira before the game

🤣🤣🤣 me too but you get the jist,the Levein days are over.

1 hour ago, jamle1874 said:

They sacked him on the Tuesday after the dunfy game was on a Saturday.

Tomorrow it is then........🤞

I won't hold ma breath

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, maltese jambo said:

I think people are perfectly entitled to do what they please with their FOH contributions. First and foremost its their money.

The club is clearly not listening to the fans. To say the fans have been taken for granted would be a massive understatement. What has been happening on the pitch is so far from good enough, and I believe at any other club (fan owned or otherwise) would be deemed unacceptable and change initiated. 

Yet this is deemed acceptable by the Hearts Management.

One of the few options people must feel they have is to withdraw contributions, in order to make it crystal clear that what's happening is unacceptable.

For those queuing up to have a go, I think deep down are more wanting to make themselves feel that they're a better supporter than those who have withdrawn FOH contributions.

What we can't do is sit and do nothing.

Yeah, people are entitled to do with their cash what they want.

But anyway you dress it up, its self defeating. I don't think it makes me a better supporter, but it will help my club become stronger rather than weaker if I churlishly empty my payments, because someone else saw a situation differently to me.

The money being stopped, only then hinders the next people, and there will be

Re the FOH payments, I haven't cancelled but can understand why some have become a bit disillusioned by it. Although I get we're fan owned and not fan ran, in what other business does 95% of "owners" want change and nothing happens? None. 

If Ann and Craig are Hearts fans, they've got a funny way of showing it. Killing the club with lower attendances, affecting FOH subscriptions  bad feeling amongst supporters etc. All the good work that's been done over the last 5 years slowly getting undone.