Silence from Tynecastle

heartandsoul

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The silence will continue.

Stewart is correct. Safest job in football has Levein.

“The safest job in football it is. The worst manager hearts have ever had Levein is. A journey to championship oblivion hearts are on” Yoda 

Yoda next manager? A completely fictional green alien would relate better to the players and fans IMO probably not as media savvy with the weegie press though who wouldn’t be able to understand his inverted english quotes,they have trouble enough understanding Edinburgh english.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• i8hibsh

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Believe me nobody wants Levein out our Club more than me - but I will never stop my FoH contribution!

Levein and Budge are temporary - HMFC are forever!

Well said

If she doesnt make a statement on Monday UK time I will consider stopping my FoH contribution.  Doubt if I will actually do it but it will be a first step to that possible outcome.

Oddly enough, I don't care that much about the contents of the statement.  I just think that ongoing silence is treating us all with contempt, particularly those of you who spend good money watching this circus.

If she said for example that she wouldn't pass judgment on the coaching until most of the injured players were available for selection, I would happily settle for that.  What she can't do is continue to say nothing.

It's a crisis Ann.  Talk to us.  People are at the end of their tether.

I'm really hoping for an announcement today but I won't hold my breath.  

Anyone threatening to cancel their FOH payment needs to have a serious word with themselves.

21 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Anyone threatening to cancel their FOH payment needs to have a serious word with themselves.

She's a lot like .net these days.  Almost permanently in lockdown and it's just not necessary.  I could write a short statement for her in less than half an hour and I'm sure you could also.  It's not that difficult.

That's what's so frustrating and what has caused some on here to either cease their subscriptions or consider doing so.

33 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Most people, like myself, are talking about suspending (not cancelling) until Levein is gone. I would fully expect that most will also make up the difference once he is away. If however that means he is here for another couple of payment months we could be in a serious relegation battle.

So no , I don’t need to have a serious word with myself - I have done plenty for the Foundation already.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

If people are stopping their Foundation payments they hurt themselves. 

Folk seem to be mistaken a monthly payment gives them the chance to remove key personnel. Rightly or wrongly,  it just doesn't. 

Fan ownership beginning to worry me deeply. 

This. 

I pay £20 a month or whatever so I demand the club do what I say. 

If they don't, I stop. 

Ridiculous mindset. 

Many supporters say Budge has lost touch with the football side as she Is too commercial minded and treats fans like customers. 

The irony is not lost on me that football supporters give up on the team when it's not doing well or things do not go their way, one could say they are acting like customers. 🤔

Fan ownership has massive concerns for me now as well. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This. 

If they don't, I stop. 

Ridiculous mindset. 

Many supporters say Budge has lost touch with the football side as she Is too commercial minded and treats fans like customers. 

The irony is not lost on me that football supporters give up on the team when it's not doing well or things do not go their way, one could say they are acting like customers. 🤔

Once again you paint the picture of the support over reacting.

Or characterise it as thick punters or customers demands after a few bad results.

The reality is that 99.9% of the 8000 subscribers have not done this.

The reality is that 3 wins from 33 is a crisis on the most important aspect of the club.

And when that crisis is blatantly ignored for the benefit of one man then it is not an over reaction .

A_A wehatethehibs

I think there will have been talks, it comes down to Hibs.

Win that and it buys him a bit of time, lose or draw it and he’s off the cliff. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jake said:

Once again you paint the picture of the support over reacting.

Or characterise it as thick punters or customers demands after a few bad results.

The reality is that 99.9% of the 8000 subscribers have not done this.

The reality is that 3 wins from 33 is a crisis on the most important aspect of the club.

And when that crisis is blatantly ignored for the benefit of one man then it is not an over reaction .

Nah, not at all. 

You should support the club through good and bad times. It's what a supporter does. 

Some might scream and shout and protest, fair enough. They're still supporting the team. 

Others don't shout as much, but they are there. 

Withdrawing financial support is not the actions of a supporter tho, it's the actions of a customer. '-Im not happy with the product, so I'll stop paying for it. 

I'm off to Crete today for a fortnight. I'd imagine CL will still be clinging on by the time I get back. Sincerely hope we can get something at Easter Road but wouldn't be at all surprised if we didn't. I don't expect any announcement from the club this week other than the usual platitudes from the players and the, increasibgly Cathroesque ramblings of the manager.

However I would only ever cancel my FOH if I couldn't afford it. I won't boycott games either. I've seen awful teams and awful managers here in 40 years. Levein is now one of them

Edited by Jamhammer

8 hours ago, jake said:

I wont ever stop my foh subs.

And I've always asked posters who say they will not to.

I still ask the OP to reconsider.

But I think a lot of the support are genuinely at a loss as to how this run of results is tolerated.

That’s exactly what it is. 

I’m the same and although my contributions are small I will never stop them to FOH but I completely understand why people want to go down that route. 

We need a change now before we are too far behind to salvage this season.

Levein is done, that much was obvious after the league cup games/performances. 

He can not motivate or pick a team to go out and win. 

Its a matter of time when he leaves so the sooner the better. Come on Ann FFS

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This. 

If they don't, I stop. 

Ridiculous mindset. 

For once I agree. 

Don’t fret though. Those saying they are going to stop are attention seeking or mischievous vermin. 

Fan ownership is a fantastic model for running a football club. 

If levein keeps his job we will be playing championship football next season and I won’t be watching them in that division again Ann has to act now before it’s too late.

I can’t see how the club can stay silent much longer. I think we will get a statement sometime today. Probably backing Levein and having a go at the protesters who tried to storm in to the main stand after the game. 

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This. 

If they don't, I stop. 

Ridiculous mindset. 

With the pish you post I agree about fan ownership.

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, not at all. 

You should support the club through good and bad times. It's what a supporter does. 

Some might scream and shout and protest, fair enough. They're still supporting the team. 

Others don't shout as much, but they are there. 

Withdrawing financial support is not the actions of a supporter tho, it's the actions of a customer. '-Im not happy with the product, so I'll stop paying for it. 

The fact remains that 99.9% of the 8000 have not reacted this way so your conclusion that fan ownership is a worry is wrong.

You seem to ignore that fan ownership was put in place so that no individual could harm the club.

Right now one man is blatantly doing that.

It's not about a few results.

GorgieFifeLife
26 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think there will have been talks, it comes down to Hibs.

Win that and it buys him a bit of time, lose or draw it and he’s off the cliff. 

So we just keep saying this every week until he gets a win to paper over the cracks again. He goes today or Budge will be finished in the eyes of most supporters I would imagine.

7 minutes ago, Crete said:

If levein keeps his job we will be playing championship football next season and I won’t be watching them in that division again Ann has to act now before it’s too late.

:vrface:

You gonna stop supporting us though we sometimes go down? Dearie me.

If he keeps his job this week which I sincerely hope he doesn’t then I do want silence from the club!!

i don’t want to see any players in the press saying they’re working on this or working on that or any coaching staff saying the players are flying in training and a derby is the best game to bounce back in etc!!!

just shut the f. Uck up all of you and do your talking on the pitch!!!

sick of hearing from all the imposters!!!!

Cant understand why people would stop FoH constibutions as a protest about the current manager, FoH is for the future of Hearts, the manager is only ever temporary. 

1 minute ago, brux said:

Cant understand why people would stop FoH constibutions as a protest about the current manager, FoH is for the future of Hearts, the manager is only ever temporary. 

I don’t support it at all - but when the club won’t act reasonably the fans will act in an unreasonably. 

rudi must stay

Who's heard the Locke and Gary Naysmith combined as a management team rumours?

Interesting, there could be something in that

Edited by rudi must stay

44 minutes ago, DMR123 said:

Most people, like myself, are talking about suspending (not cancelling) until Levein is gone. I would fully expect that most will also make up the difference once he is away. If however that means he is here for another couple of payment months we could be in a serious relegation battle.

So no , I don’t need to have a serious word with myself - I have done plenty for the Foundation already.

You fundamentally miss the point in terms of what FoH can do and what it's here to do once it takes over. Fan ownership and the foundation does not run the day to day management of the football department . When it does take over it will not be there to react to whims of the support but put someone in place to steer the club forward strategically. Folk should realign their expectations on what FoH is there for and decide if they want to participate rather than threaten or suspend funds when things are going badly. 

For the avoidance of doubt, Levein should be punted ASAP. 

Whether you agree with it or not (I don't agree with it) there is an easy way to stop people cancelling their FoH subs and wanting to storm the hospitality lounge.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Whether you agree with it or not (I don't agree with it) there is an easy way to stop people cancelling their FoH subs and wanting to storm the hospitality lounge.

Yeh put blinds on the hospitality windows 👍🏻

Mid Calder Jambo
4 minutes ago, pointon said:

The only statement we will get is the sky lounge is now offering afternoon tea 5 days a week and lady’s night every second Friday night 

Said on another thread that AB thinks she is running a Wedding venue or a chain restaurant.  We are a bloody football club judged by results on the park.  The Directoate team that are bringing these results have failed woefully and it now time for the Chief Executive/major Shareholder and the Director of football to leave the club.  That is what i want to hear in statement. 

This is negliegence of the highest order and if this problem had been financial these two directors would be banned from running a company ever again.

1 minute ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Said on another thread that AB thinks she is running a Wedding venue or a chain restaurant.  We are a bloody football club judged by results on the park.  The Directoate team that are bringing these results have failed woefully and it now time for the Chief Executive/major Shareholder and the Director of football to leave the club.  That is what i want to hear in statement. 

This is negliegence of the highest order and if this problem had been financial these two directors would be banned from running a company ever again.

I don't want Budge gone but the more this drags on the more people will be calling for her head. 

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

And quite a hot one at that 👍🏻

Aye it's just incredible we are still talking about it. A brave defeat in the Scottish Cup Final seemed to somehow swing opinion back in his favour. Which, tbh, is close to pathetic.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I don't want Budge gone but the more this drags on the more people will be calling for her head. 

Gin I hear what you say but sadly i believe that she is now part of the problem due to her inaction. I think that she has been a wonderful ambassador and contributor to the club and I and not disputing that but everyone has a sell by date and i think she is getting very close to hers.

9 hours ago, heartandsoul said:

Not a beep from Tynecastle. Does anyone think there will be an announcement tomorrow or will the silence go on. 

Levein will want to be in charge to play Hibs.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Gin I hear what you say but sadly i believe that she is now part of the problem due to her inaction. I think that she has been a wonderful ambassador and contributor to the club and I and not disputing that but everyone has a sell by date and i think she is getting very close to hers.

Sadly you could be right.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Aye it's just incredible we are still talking about it. A brave defeat in the Scottish Cup Final seemed to somehow swing opinion back in his favour. Which, tbh, is close to pathetic.

For me the livvy game last season was the final straw, I didn’t even want him to get the final if I’m honest.

when he did that should have 100% been his last game.

this mess was avoidable.

jamboinglasgow

I do fear they are giving Levein the next two matches hoping that win in the derby and League cup to get into a semi will mean everything will go well again misses the fundamental issues here.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

So we just keep saying this every week until he gets a win to paper over the cracks again. He goes today or Budge will be finished in the eyes of most supporters I would imagine.

I think if it was happening this week it wouldve been yesterday. I don’t see why they would wait a day to deal

with it. I reckon there will have been talks about the grave situation with the team and the fans. Levein will go into the Derby with his eyes open, staring down the barrel, if he fails to win the game he is gone. Possibly he might get Aberdeen too. With a 5 year professional relationship on the chopping block, Ann will give him every chance to turn it round. 

We the fans know the reality, he is done and should be gone yesterday. Ann’s the one who must pull the trigger though so it’s a case of when it happens. 

3 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I understand and the longer this goes on the more people will agree with you. As sure as night follows day, if a chairman ignores the wishes of the fans,the fans will demand their head.

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Some of her statements do not communicate well. The last one with the line..” we are building a sustainable business regardless of what’s going on out on the pitch “..... should worry everyone.

letsalldothebeattie

It genuinely doesn’t surprise me that we haven’t heard a single word from the club on this matter. But it’s funny because how quick were we to punt Cathrine when things went bad yet nothing for Levein amazing eh

Just now, Boab said:

Some of her statements do not communicate well. The last one with the line..” we are building a sustainable business regardless of what’s going on out on the pitch “..... should worry everyone.

Yeah I am worried. I hope someone is advising her that the situation is now time critical. 

17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Who's heard the Locke and Gary Naysmith combined as a management team rumours?

Interesting, there could be something in that

Hope that’s nonsense too. 

It's now 45 days since we were told we would get a Chairman's Statement Part 2 on the current situation and next season's plans.  

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-1

At the same time Ann Budge was telling us she was going to review the disorganised football department.  But that also she had swallowed Levein's nonsense about being on the cusp of the great things.  

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/big-interview-ann-budge-explains-why-she-is-fully-behind-hearts-boss-craig-levein-1-4974718

Levein then through the press told Budge that the only people able to criticise him were football managers, putting Ann Budge back in her box.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49436319

And in reaction Ann Budge falls into line and reveals that Levein is doing a great job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49462161

And of course it goes back to Levein deciding when his time is up.  (and of course that some supporters would say that Levein shouldn't be the manager even if he won the treble). 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/ann-budge-hearts-heading-in-right-direction-but-craig-levein-is-not-bomb-proof-1-4933739

So when is Levein going to say that it isn't working?

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do fear they are giving Levein the next two matches hoping that win in the derby and Leagie cup to get into a semi will mean everything will go well again misses the fundamental issues here.

This has been my thinking. 

I think Levein has said "give me the derby" and he's been granted it. 

He knows that a derby win will paper over the cracks and win him some more time.