Act tonight Budge or go at first opportunity

neilnunb

27 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Im not convinced that it is a good squad. We’ve signed some players with a good reputation who are always injured and most of the rest are average or poor or past their best. We’ve a couple of good young prospects and Meshino looks like he might be exciting. We dont have a decent keeper or a natural goslscorer so overall it isn’t a great squad. 

Exactly. Still no proper striker, and our goalkeeping situation is a joke. We are starting players like Clare, Brandon and Henderson.

The “best squad in years” chat that I keep hearing is deluded. 

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• 1874robbo

• i8hibsh

• JamboSpur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

But she's not a one person board no? There are other people their who must see the cack we're in

There are 7 persons on the football board, including Craig Levein himself. Two of those are there on behalf of FoH, and I would think that if Ann were to call an EGM of the board with the intention of removing the football manager from his position (even from the club totally) she would get sufficient support from those in a position to vote. I think what is the stumbling block for many is whether or not she really wants to remove him.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Exactly. Still no proper striker, and our goalkeeping situation is a joke. We are starting players like Clare, Brandon and Henderson.

The “best squad in years” chat that I keep hearing is deluded. 

It has all the looks of a bottom half struggle especially as they don’t looked motivated or organised. Add that waste of a shirt  McLean to your list 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Careful what you wish for folks. 

In terms of the first team, it can’t get any worse. We are clearly on track to get relegated. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Peebo said:

In terms of the first team, it can’t get any worse. We are clearly on track to get relegated. 

I was referring to those calling for Budge to go. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So you think hearts getting relegated is the way to go then?🤔

Graham Thomson
48 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Levein was backed to the hilt in the summer. Because of the turnover of players,  I think the board gave him time for the players to gel and performances and results to improve.

The Hamilton game I assume was the point at which they expected that to happen. The performance in that game I think will have been the turning point at which they had to look at targets and action if not met. 

Just a hunch but I reckon Levein had to beat Motherwell,  Hibs and Aberdeen or he was gone. He's failed at the first hurdle so I expect him to be gone by Tuesday. 

Understand why folk want him sacked tonight but I just can't see Budge being that impulsive. 

A meeting Sunday/Monday then he'll be gone.

Can't imagine they'll want a new manager to have a potential stain on his record immediately with a first game at Easter Road, so a caretaker and then hopefully a new manager for the Aberdeen game. 

If they have any bloody sense they'll be sounding out managers like Moyes now and not announce some protracted recruitment process like last time.

That's more or less exactly what I said earlier 👍

48 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Fair enough. Would be interesting to see what would happen if that did transpire, or indeed what a Budge exit now could even look like. 

Personally, I am not looking for her to leave the club. I would like her to place more focus on the performance of the first team, though. 

We are now financially stable thanks to Ann but if she can't do the "right thing", then she should step aside.

We will move on without her but would be better with her if she can be brave.

I'm past the stage of really not giving a damn who they give it to. Honestly, anybody. Gary Locke would do for now ffs..

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Fair enough. Would be interesting to see what would happen if that did transpire, or indeed what a Budge exit now could even look like. 

Personally, I am not looking for her to leave the club. I would like her to place more focus on the performance of the first team, though. 

Has to be the priority now. 

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Remove CL from the club entirely and I think her relationship with the fans majorly gets back on track.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I'm past the stage of really not giving a damn who they give it to. Honestly, anybody. Gary Locke would do for now ffs..

That's just an idiotic suggestion due to drink I hope. 

Has to be the priority now. 

After saving the club, should have become the permanent priority. Not sure it is.

Look forward to her...statement summarising her review...of the footballing side of...the club (imminent as of start of August, I thought?). Should be the most important thing, these days. Feels like a bit of an afterthought at times. 

2 minutes ago, BobFc said:

Last time I check we aren't even top 6. Levein should resign, but he won't. 

Agree with what you say, and proves that the poster I quoted is obviously vermin affiliated to come out with a comment like that. 

like they have got anything meaningful to crow about at the moment. Wish they would just sod off 

hope we absolutely pump them next week, but that said, I still want CL and his coaches gone ASAP.

I’m with you though, reading craigs comments after the game, he is going no where. Not voluntarily anyway.

AB is now becoming part of the problem due to her inability to act or make the only decision she can at this moment in time which is in the best interests of the club

I fear she will tar her own legacy with some of the good work she has done if she continues with CL

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Mort said:

Remove CL from the club entirely and I think her relationship with the fans majorly gets back on track.

Not sure how easy that would be due to his board membership. Fwiw I'd still have him overseeing the Academy but that's all. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, BobFc said:

I think Locke had a better win record?

I think Locke is a great Hearts man but an awful coach/manager. We need to look much wider afield. 

I think Locke is a great Hearts man but an awful coach/manager. We need to look much wider afield. 

I feel the same about Levein. 

Not sure how easy that would be due to his board membership. Fwiw I'd still have him overseeing the Academy but that's all. 

The termination needs to be permanent. No halfway houses. He's now toxic and his taxi to retirement is waiting, meter runnunig

Just now, BobFc said:

I think there are plenty of candidates who would see Hearts as an opportunity. 

Me too. Let’s choose a good one though.

Our support have short memories, I don’t get with this ‘sack the board’, ‘we’re in the wrong hands’ chants after the game. That embarrassing. What Ann Budge has done for this club in such a short space of time is nothing short of remarkable and she doesn’t deserve those chants.

Levein is a Hearts legend and it’s hard to see him going through this just now but his time is up. We need a new established manager and a fresh start. Even if we win the next two how long before the knives are out again. It’s time for Budge to make a difficult call and sack Levein completely from the club for the good of the club. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Your words not mine. 

Listen hearts are on a collision course at the moment with a relegation battle at an extremely critical point in the clubs history. You can take offence to discontent with the current situation if you want but that doesn’t change the fact that relegation would be cataclysmic for the club.

Ann Budge is still well loved by the support and so she should be and I’m a fan.

However it’s balancing on a knife edge at the moment-all she has to do is push the eject button on Craig Levein & his coaching staff  forthwith and mark my words it’s happy days again and back to Queen Ann. Yes supporters are a fickle bunch but we’re not going to sit back and see the club we jointly saved go to ruin because we’re funding it too now.

Just now, BobFc said:

Could make Locke the Caretaker for the derby, at least he could win them. 

:lol:

We should make him assistant to a really good manager. Let the new guy take every match except derbies. Lockie can have 3-5 games a season as head coach. :rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo

Calling for Budge's head is ridiculous but I sadly have to agree Levein's not up to turning this around. We have coaches in place to take over - that was the whole point of hiring so many coaches. Offer Robbo the job or get JJ in until the end of the season and invite applications so someone is in place before summer.

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:lol:

We should make him assistant to a really good manager. Let the new guy take every match except derbies. Lockie can have 3-5 games a season as head coach. :rofl:

Great idea.

I don’t hear many people asking for Ann Budge to go. However, she is the only Hearts fan who has the power to change our current situation and make the future more positive. I think she should take action now.

Central Belt 1874
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Calling for Budge's head is ridiculous but I sadly have to agree Levein's not up to turning this around. We have coaches in place to take over - that was the whole point of hiring so many coaches. Offer Robbo the job or get JJ in until the end of the season and invite applications so someone is in place before summer.

Another outrageous post from you.

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Listen hearts are on a collision course at the moment with a relegation battle at an extremely critical point in the clubs history. You can take offence to discontent with the current situation if you want but that doesn’t change the fact that relegation would be cataclysmic for the club.

Ann Budge is still well loved by the support and so she should be and I’m a fan.

However it’s balancing on a knife edge at the moment-all she has to do is push the eject button on Craig Levein & his coaching staff  forthwith and mark my words it’s happy days again and back to Queen Ann. Yes supporters are a fickle bunch but we’re not going to sit back and see the club we jointly saved go to ruin because we’re funding it too now.

I've no idea what makes you think I'm taking offence to the discontent. However I do think your being a bit of a drama queen here. So in your esteemed opinion getting rid of the entire coaching team will make everything ok?  Do you have any replacements in mind  or would it still be happy days to have a squad and no coaches? How very odd. 

20 minutes ago, lost in space said:

We are now financially stable thanks to Ann but if she can't do the "right thing", then she should step aside.

We will move on without her but would be better with her if she can be brave.

And thanks to the millions contributed by the fans to rehabilitate the club and pay for the new stand.

Jambof3tornado
28 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why, we are bottom of the league?!?

Change must not be feared it must be embraced.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Why, we are bottom of the league?!?

Change must not be feared it must be embraced.

He’s implying Budge leaving would leave the club in a perilous situation as if relegation wouldn’t?? It’s a straw-man the club is endangered as it is at the moment unless we start winning games and quickly. At no point in the clubs recovery period (which we’re still actually in) can the club countenance relegation.

Sexton Hardcastle
35 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

A few people said this when Neilson got his public pelters and people thought it couldn’t get any worse.

The same guys demanding we challenge the old firm but give the gig to a guy who nearly got Killie relegated sent Raith on a rotten record.

Go figure.

1 minute ago, Jambos1983 said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 league win in 6 months. There are only 2 reasons why Budge is getting away with it. 1. She is female and 2. She is an elderly female.