Act tonight Budge or go at first opportunity

neilnunb

This isn't just as simple as sacking Craig unfortunately. 

We are in a bit of trouble now . She has put immense trust in him and gave him total control of the football dept as she calls it . 

DOF, manager , coach , academy the whole damn thing . 

She knows removing him and the rest of the coaching staff would be not only costly but a massive upheaval.. That's before we even start to look at the medical dept which looks like it needs attention as well . 

Anyone thinking we can bring in a Lockie / McCann  type character to steady the ship is having a laugh . This is a massive task and I don't envy her trying to get it right . 

Its imperitive we find the right type and it's not going to be as easy a fix as some people may think I'm afraid . 

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• 1874robbo

• i8hibsh

• JamboSpur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Budge has really misjudged and mishandled this.

Had she acted at the end of last season, or even a few weeks ago, Levein could have continued as DoF as long as a new manager was brought in. Now that won’t be enough for most. He needs to go completely, and go now.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
29 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

above all his supposed love for the club,is this tragic situation panning out to be a `what he can get out of the club financially` motive ?

anybod clue us up on the legal intricacies of resigning and being sacked ?
I take it ,he could sue the club for being sacked and go for compo if he had a good lawyer? maybe not and i sincerely hope not.Resign and thats ties severed amicably ?
as dof,as a board member ?

want this person(for want of a better word) out badly,hes damaging the club and riled the fans with his actions yesterday...no respect given now from me.

I’m of the view now that something else is going on behind the scenes that the fans aren’t completely aware of. Levein is a “company man” so he’s staying no matter what. Quite the player turnover we’ve had.🤔 

This is of course a conspiracy theory and I just made it up- but these theories will grow the longer this farce goes on and Levein remains Teflon. At the very least it doesn’t add up that this guy is doing such an utterly horrendous job on all fronts and ann budge persists in saying he’s doing a great job. 

No compo should be needed as Levein should do the honorable thing and resign. The Club have given him much more than hes given back.

If Budge needs some advice re football side, there's no doubt that JJ, or even Allan Preston!,  could help her out re advice. But a competent manager, Moyes 🤞, should be able to take the reigns and get this side back in track. 

No need for a DoF or a dozen first team coaches are required.. 

40 minutes ago, Marvin said:

The fact that he didn't start with Meshi is baffling in itself. No doubt Meshi will start on the bench next week despite proving he can play a bit. 

Strange he came on as an early sub against Hamilton after travelling halfway round the world yet yesterday he made way for Stephen McLean

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Dear Mrs Budge.

You've done so much good off the park for our football club and you've also backed your 3 managers to the hilt in terms of giving them significant funds but the football department has let both you and the supporters down with terrible results and a shocking style of anti football.

Mrs Budge you've still got some credit because of the great job you've done with the business side of the football club and also rebuilding the infrastructure but failure to act now to replace the coaching staff will seriously damage the credit you have.

This isn't just about out terrible start to this season , the 2 seasons before the management team have failed to deliver what you budgeted for before the season started.

Mrs Budge it's over to you to act now in the best interests of Heart Of Midlothian football club and put the club before an individual who has sadly failed at his job.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51adf6f219d53e2363e89

45 minutes ago, Prof said:

CL has no more love for the club than the many thousands who give their hard earned money to FOH and buy season tickets. 

I wonder who he'd want to win in a Raith v Hearts cup final. I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Bullshit! Just as one example, Martin Edwards went behind Ron Atkinson's back to line up (Sir) Alex Ferguson to succeed him at Man Utd in 1986. Why? Because he calculated post the collapse during the 1985-86 season that Atkinson was a busted flush and would need to be replaced at some point.

Succession planning is part of every business and new leaders in business are headhunted all the time. Budge should have already started this process. If not, she isn't doing her job.

Which is exactly what JammyT  was saying to be fair.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Which is exactly what JammyT  was saying to be fair.

I wouldn't know. I put that radge on ignore ages ago.

I have a sinking feeling that he is going to attempt to see out his last year of the contract he signed. With AB’s approval.

No way of confirming this of course, but if there was any truth in it, it’s terrible business. 

1 hour ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I’m of the view now that something else is going on behind the scenes that the fans aren’t completely aware of. Levein is a “company man” so he’s staying no matter what. Quite the player turnover we’ve had.🤔 

This is of course a conspiracy theory and I just made it up- but these theories will grow the longer this farce goes on and Levein remains Teflon. At the very least it doesn’t add up that this guy is doing such an utterly horrendous job on all fronts and ann budge persists in saying he’s doing a great job. 

I think it is clear that Budge will be trying to come up with a way to replace Levein as Head Coach but have him remain on the Board and as DOF. 

What annoys me is that I bet Levein is involved in those discussions when he should be getting told to accept the changes or leave. 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

This isn't just as simple as sacking Craig unfortunately. 

We are in a bit of trouble now . She has put immense trust in him and gave him total control of the football dept as she calls it . 

DOF, manager , coach , academy the whole damn thing . 

She knows removing him and the rest of the coaching staff would be not only costly but a massive upheaval.. That's before we even start to look at the medical dept which looks like it needs attention as well . 

Anyone thinking we can bring in a Lockie / McCann  type character to steady the ship is having a laugh . This is a massive task and I don't envy her trying to get it right . 

Its imperitive we find the right type and it's not going to be as easy a fix as some people may think I'm afraid . 

Yep, been saying for a while that she has painted herself into a corner because I doubt she would have imagined just how bad the football would get, and how much the fans would turn on Levein. 

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

I have a sinking feeling that he is going to attempt to see out his last year of the contract he signed. With AB’s approval.

No way of confirming this of course, but if there was any truth in it, it’s terrible business. 

I had the same feeling after the Motherwell cup game. Would have been ideal time to announce and would let the fans know exactly what was happening. This might be going on without the knowledge of the fans but something has got to give!

Just now, Newton51 said:

I had the same feeling after the Motherwell cup game. Would have been ideal time to announce and would let the fans know exactly what was happening. This might be going on without the knowledge of the fans but something has got to give!

Cup Final last season was my preference. Could have left with some dignity even although we lost.

Suspected he might want to see out his last year, being the type of person he is. It became evident, very early, it was going to be a disaster the longer he stayed.

The fact we are still discussing this is, frankly, disgraceful.

I blame AB entirely for that. 

8 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Same mate. He could have stepped down after the final with dignity and could have even stepped back to being just DoF (with no involvement with 1st team). Now though it’s hard to see any way back for him and the personal abuse he’s getting is out of order, and if he goes it’s probably his last job in top level football. A sad position to be in when a year ago we beat Motherwell to go 5 clear and we were all chanting his name 

Yea it's just a shame the way it has all turned out.  If he is sacked now he has to go completely, his credibility is shot to pieces and he can't continue as a DOF.  Imagine a new manager coming in and the DOF is the guy that failed as manager? :lol: 

They should have thought about all this before he was appointed manager, it was a bad decision at the time as there was always a good chance it would end like this.  

I can see a situation where he just thinks '**** it, I can't leave the club the way it is now, I have to stay and see the job through' if he goes now amid all the protests etc his legacy is destroyed. 

There is no point bringing in a manager that ditches the way that everything from the kids all the way up is changed.

By all accounts the academy is going places and we are seeing the grass roots of that with the young kids who have made their debuts.

we don’t need and shouldn’t rip the whole structure of the football department up and for that reason Levein must stay until we have a replacement DOF.

Not as manager but DOF.

And for folk saying nobody decent would work with Levein - utter bullshit. Levein is well respected with other managers (who of course no what they are talking about) AND Romanov was an interfering ***** and he managed to get JJ and Paolo

Edited by Jammy T

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Strange he came on as an early sub against Hamilton after travelling halfway round the world yet yesterday he made way for Stephen McLean

That was due to an injury (can't remember who).

Worst run of league games in our history.

Almost half a calendar year since we won a league game.

’The structure’ of the football club is a complete and utter shambles. Maybe you swallow the words from Levein but go to Oriam and look for yourself.....Yes we’ve thrown millions at it but for what? Nobody else could have done a better job with the same budget? The young players now are no better than what Darren Murray produced at a fraction of the cost.

But aye, Levein must stay to oversee it all.

Delusional, pathetic garbage.

Cut all ties. He’s done and was a long time ago.

13 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Yea it's just a shame the way it has all turned out.  If he is sacked now he has to go completely, his credibility is shot to pieces and he can't continue as a DOF.  Imagine a new manager coming in and the DOF is the guy that failed as manager? :lol: 

They should have thought about all this before he was appointed manager, it was a bad decision at the time as there was always a good chance it would end like this.  

I can see a situation where he just thinks '**** it, I can't leave the club the way it is now, I have to stay and see the job through' if he goes now amid all the protests etc his legacy is destroyed. 

There is a quote from CL somewhere , saying if he was sacked as manager, he would not go back upstairs. Maybe someone can find it.

He’s played a blinder when you look at it more closely. To AB, if you sack me, i’m out completely...then what will you do ?

Clever. Puts pressure on everyone to give it more time than it should get.

Cute !

17 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

There is no point bringing in a manager that ditches the way that everything from the kids all the way up is changed.

By all accounts the academy is going places and we are seeing the grass roots of that with the young kids who have made their debuts.

we don’t need and shouldn’t rip the whole structure of the football department up and for that reason Levein must stay until we have a replacement DOF.

Not as manager but DOF.

And for folk saying nobody decent would work with Levein - utter bullshit. Levein is well respected with other managers (who of course no what they are talking about) AND Romanov was an interfering ***** and he managed to get JJ and Paolo

Can you not just resign Craig? 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, colinzeal said:

Can anyone think of another club where the manager sits on the board?

Ridiculous stuff!

Alex Ferguson at Manchester United and Jim McLean at Dundee United did in year's gone by 

18 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Alex Ferguson at Manchester United and Jim McLean at Dundee United did in year's gone by 

They were a disaster though

Any club where it has been a success?

Adam_the_legend
19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Levein as DoF for me too. 

He’s past the point of no return with the fans. Staying as DoF is completely untenable. 

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

He’s past the point of no return with the fans. Staying as DoF is completely untenable. 

Can't disagree with that synopsis.

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Nah. Reckon the fans are probably split on that one. Certainly more than on him staying in as manager after yesterday. 

(Hoping @farin has me on ignore, or this latest comment might actually cause him physical harm.) 😬

Adam_the_legend
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nah. Reckon the fans are probably split on that one. Certainly more than on him staying in as manager after yesterday. 

(Hoping @farin has me on ignore, or this latest comment might actually cause him physical harm.) 😬

Just think about what you’re suggesting. CL back up to DoF and a new head coach in below reporting to CL. The guy who completely failed in that role is now in charge of the guy who needs to clean up the mess. These are CL’s players. You think if a new HC comes in and drops Clare that CL won’t be having a word? It is completely untenable for him to remain at the club, if he hadn’t played for Hearts I reckon you’d agree. 

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Just think about what you’re suggesting. CL back up to DoF and a new head coach in below reporting to CL. The guy who completely failed in that role is now in charge of the guy who needs to clean up the mess. These are CL’s players. You think if a new HC comes in and drops Clare that CL won’t be having a word? It is completely untenable for him to remain at the club, if he hadn’t played for Hearts I reckon you’d agree. 

Sorry, I don’t agree with you. I think he has and would give the new man a free reign/rein. I also think he has qualities and experience that are still useful to us. He’s failed as our manager though, so I would like to see someone else given a shot to do a better job. 

56 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Not as manager but DOF.

Since 2014 when Levein/Budge took over where is the proof the academy is developing more / or better quality young players?

20 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

They were a disaster though

Any club where it has been a success?

It was only a success because they were good managers. Doesn't work so well if there is a clown in charge. 

Unless something is done very, very soon Ann Budge will be tainted irretrievably by this fiasco which is incredibly sad and undeserving given the enormous amount that has been achieved.

Rest assured it is the 1% that goes wrong that is always remembered. 

There is (but only just) still time for firm, positive action to be taken to avoid that fate. 

13 minutes ago, quango63 said:

If we get beat next week it will be our worst league run EVER can we really keep him as manager,get neilson back.

some people have very short memories. Neilsons style of play was just as bad as Leveins. Remeber playing with one winger and Buaben as right mid? We need a manager who will play an attractive style of football

49 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Levein as DoF for me too. 

:rofl:

You want a manager that has failed to direct the new manager in footballing matters? 

:gok: 

The new head coach cannot possibly be accountable to and report into, someone who has failed previously in the head coach role.

If he goes, he has to be completely removed from the club.

The only manager in football who if he gets sacked moves on upstairs  to another job within the same company, bit like Boris our current PM.  Brexit crisis at Hearts...:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

16 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The new head coach cannot possibly be accountable to and report into, someone who has failed previously in the head coach role.

If he goes, he has to be completely removed from the club.

OR, the new manager reports directly to Ann Budge in her CEO/Chairman role. There should be no barrier as this is the single most important relationship. She would also learn more about football from a capable forward thinking ambitious manager directly. 

A job interview in the future...

'So Mr..... what are your thoughts about taking on the manager role?' 

'Well, I'd like to install my own backroom team.'

Levein pops head round the door...

'Err, no, sorry, foxy, dal and macca stay'

'And you will report to me as your director of football '

'And you must introduce one random boy from the academy into the squad every month'

'you must also implement my own special brand of football into the first team'

Budge turns to candidate 'well, we would like to offer you the job'

'Eh no chance, I'm out of here, I can't work like that!' Candidate leaves.

Levein enters room. Budge says 'Well Craig, what do we do now?'

Levein strokes his beard for a minute.

'I've got it....' Levein stands up and shouts out of the room 'hey foxy, macca, how about you as joint managers?'

Budge turns to Levein 'oh Craig...I knew you'd have the answers!'

'Don't worry Ann, we will get out of League 1 in no time'.

Just now, TheOak88 said:

If we lose next week it is the worst run of form in the clubs history.

Remember Budge saying “Craig is not bombproof”.

:jj_facepalm:

It’s always next week it seems. Not what you meant of course.

I take your point and agree it’s an unmitigated disaster but the fact we are even discussing him being in the dug out next week is incredible.