Act tonight Budge or go at first opportunity

neilnunb

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Anyone else tired of this "Budge doesn't know about football" trope? She's been in the industry for 5 years now FFS!

Just do your job Ann and get the next guy in.

This.  She's had a steep learning curve and should now be pretty competent in most matters.

Heart is definitely ruling the head.  One thing that I'm not sure of though, is that he'd interfere if he stepped back upstairs as DOF.  Cathro and Robbie have both said he didn't interfere and if his treatment of Connor Sammon and Malary Martin while he was manager doesn't indicate that they weren't his signings I don't know what would!  They were signed and played by the manager at the time, not Levein.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• 1874robbo

• i8hibsh

• JamboSpur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, graygo said:

Plenty self respecting managers work with a director of football.

I agree to an extent. However it  was known and shown on live tv that CL interfered during match(es). Doesn't take a genius to work out he would have been getting involved much more off camera. In  those circumstances some potential applicants might not want the job.

Seymour M Hersh
19 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Anyone else tired of this "Budge doesn't know about football" trope? She's been in the industry for 5 years now FFS!

I'm starting to think that in itself is an issue. Until now she has left all the football decisions to CL but obviously if they remove him then she will have to do it and I'm not sure she wants the responsibility of getting it wrong.

To be honest I don't even know where to start with CL this season. His team selection, tactical decision, substitutions, and his refusal to drop a consistently under-performing Sean Clare, have all completely baffled me. His subs at the weekend were particularly baffling, when the pressure was on for us to get a win. But the fact is, we're sitting bottom of the league right now. BOTTOM. 

He has to go. Now

I'm not even that bothered if he goes back to DoF or not, I just want him out of the dugout. 

Happy for MacPhee to take over on an interim basis; but would expect an experienced, known manager (i.e. someone we've all heard of!) to be employed imminently. 

annushorribilis III
36 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

"Me too". 

Even allowing for 5 years to get to know her employees in a business critical area (and maybe finally completing her review of the football dept) she must have had a long hard think about the immediate future when CL took ill. There's got to be a succession plan in place on that basis alone so I don't understand why it can't be implemented now. I think the big stumbling block is she wanted to be able to have CL see out his contract , complete the football review and then start afresh next year with a new structure/new regime.  but she's waited too long. Instead of a planned succession she's going to have to make a tough decision that she didn't want to and the club may not be ready for. 

1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

"Me too". 

Even allowing for 5 years to get to know her employees in a business critical area (and maybe finally completing her review of the football dept) she must have had a long hard think about the immediate future when CL took ill. There's got to be a succession plan in place on that basis alone so I don't understand why it can't be implemented now. I think the big stumbling block is she wanted to be able to have CL see out his contract , complete the football review and then start afresh next year with a new structure/new regime.  but she's waited too long. Instead of a planned succession she's going to have to make a tough decision that she didn't want to and the club may not be ready for. 

That’s probably the most likely scenario.

Give him his last year and hope the wheels don’t come off in that season.

All out the window now. The wheels are off and rolling down the street.

Terrible business decision but not too late to safe the season.

What frustrates me is that if say, 10 years ago, Ann Budge was in charge of her successful company and in her role as CEO was aware that her Manager (Levein) was underperforming for a period of time and that this was effecting her staff (players), and losing her customers (support) would this individual still be employed.  She needs to act as this is no short-term dip, this has been going on since the second third of last season, only the two cup runs put a gloss on this mismanagement.   I think the fact that FOH have been so supportive over the years has stopped Levein being sacked, as if it was a private company losing income, action would be more forthcoming.

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If that's the case you can discount any self respecting manager from applying.

Correct.  Imagine expecting a new manager to come in and work under the previous failed manager?  It is ridiculous.

If he's staying on as DOF then it's Daly or someone like that that will be manager I'm afraid. 

3 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Correct.  Imagine expecting a new manager to come in and work under the previous failed manager?  It is ridiculous.

If he's staying on as DOF then it's Daly or someone like that that will be manager I'm afraid. 

The only good thing about this situation, if there is anything, is that they can’t go down that route anymore. The protests would be even worse.

Some fan sets a flare off and Budge releases a statement within hours.  We have a result that leads to our worst run of results in 145 years and utter silence.

Perhaps a fan should wear a Sergio Taccino top and call someone a prick - she would soon act then.  Can't have behaviorism.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Prof said:

Levein’s reputation is now in tatters and its sad that after all she did, AB will soon be in the same position.

Exactly.

This is going to end badly.

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Absolutely. She’s an intelligent businesswoman. I refuse to believe she hasn’t yet worked out how football works. It’s been five years now!

On 14/09/2019 at 18:08, Dannie Boy said:

Levein yes most definitely. Budge no. She can’t anyway as she owns the club for now. Maybe after all this crap she might decide to take a back seat after handover.

Hope the seat is well at the back!

On 14/09/2019 at 16:39, NaturalOrder74 said:

She’ll do **** all but she’s quick enough to close stands or ban fans for life 

Here here👏👏👏👍

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Some fan sets a flare off and Budge releases a statement within hours.  We have a result that leads to our worst run of results in 145 years and utter silence.

Perhaps a fan should wear a Sergio Taccino top and call someone a prick - she would soon act then.  Can't have behaviorism.

image.png.4da44fc4987ca3af9bf570a28d7c1ce9.png

3 hours ago, teamof1958 said:

Don’t think the criticism of Mrs. Budge is fair.

She did say from outset that she did not know a lot about footballing matters and hired Craig Levein to advise her accordingly. The arrangement went off script when Levein ended up manager after the Cathro failure.

I’d argue that she really did not expect him to be in the role for any length of time. That was not the football model that was agreed when she took up office.

Don’t forget, it was he advising her. The advice was that he was the right man for the job.

For her now to fire Levein means that not only does the club need to find another manager, she would need to find another adviser, a very big step.  

Craig Levein is 100% the culprit here. He should have gone after the cup final. That way he could have slipped into the background somewhere and remained as Mrs. Budge’s adviser.

It’s too late for that however, by any standard; he should have been long gone now. His arrogance that he can “fix” things is astonishing only matched by his boned-headed reluctance to put the club first. His continuing presence compromises Mrs. Budge, he should do the decent thing and resign, letting her off the hook.    

No business in the world should operate with a CEO’s “advisor” having full autonomy of the running of the club and also be a board member for obvious reasons. This could seriously compromise her decision making especially if things aren’t going well

craig levein, or anyone else, that AB wanted as a confidant or personal advisor should have been nowhere near running the football club, day to day, and from day 1. This is the casing point. I would also include as a DOF appointment 

One of the frustrating things about this is the apathy/anger that is going to be leading into a cup quarter final, and pretty much rules out all hope of us beating Aberdeen with Levein in charge. 

I'm still of a mind that something will be announced by cob Tuesday. 

Keeping my powder dry on any inaction till then.

The board must have known this was a likely scenario after the Hamilton game so no excuses not to have been sounding out potential managers over the last 2 weeks and a plan on who is caretaker until that manager comes in.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

It seems Granny Budge doesn’t have the guts to do what needs to be done. She never got rich by keeping incompetent people in high positions. 

She in now part of the problem. 

Gary Mackay is right when he says CL has a good derby record and our record against Aberdeen at home is good too. Probably factored in to current thinking of Budge.

But this has an inevitablity about it and regardless of what the outcome of the next two games are, his time is up. He's been unable to string consistently decent results together for a long time, in fact he appears to have just been consistently poor for several months now.

No other football manager on the planet would get away with this form. We talk about managers getting sacked far too soon but this is the other side of the spectrum. It seems there is personal loyality here which is dangerously misplaced.

Budge knows **** all about football and that is why she is protecting Leven , who is like her another like her who knows **** all about football. Birds of a feather and all that..

Edited by maroonlegions

8 hours ago, teamof1958 said:

Don’t think the criticism of Mrs. Budge is fair.

She did say from outset that she did not know a lot about footballing matters and hired Craig Levein to advise her accordingly. The arrangement went off script when Levein ended up manager after the Cathro failure.

I’d argue that she really did not expect him to be in the role for any length of time. That was not the football model that was agreed when she took up office.

Don’t forget, it was he advising her. The advice was that he was the right man for the job.

For her now to fire Levein means that not only does the club need to find another manager, she would need to find another adviser, a very big step.  

Craig Levein is 100% the culprit here. He should have gone after the cup final. That way he could have slipped into the background somewhere and remained as Mrs. Budge’s adviser.

It’s too late for that however, by any standard; he should have been long gone now. His arrogance that he can “fix” things is astonishing only matched by his boned-headed reluctance to put the club first. His continuing presence compromises Mrs. Budge, he should do the decent thing and resign, letting her off the hook.    

Nonsense. This is all in her hands. Levein is too stubborn to walk away and will want a pay off. This situation has been created by her, don’t forget. She gave him these roles and she gave him a place on the board. Her mess to sort.

3 minutes ago, Mort said:

Nonsense. This is all in her hands. Levein is too stubborn to walk away and will want a pay off. This situation has been created by her, don’t forget. She gave him these roles and she gave him a place on the board. Her mess to sort.

:fonzie:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 hours ago, Section Q said:

Levein, here's your legacy.

Budge, how you'll be remembered.

Time for the big banner....

Very worrying reading. We are in the shit

5 hours ago, karipidis said:

One of the frustrating things about this is the apathy/anger that is going to be leading into a cup quarter final, and pretty much rules out all hope of us beating Aberdeen with Levein in charge. 

Our biggest rivals Aberdeen and Hibs are both pretty poor this year by the looks of things. What a chance we have missed to get ahead of them and get back into the European places. 

I agree we will lose to Aberdeen if Levein is still the manager. There is too much pressure now on an already underperforming team!!! 

We need a fresh start