Act tonight Budge or go at first opportunity

neilnunb

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I think some forward planning needs to be done here. If Levein stays as DoF and makes a mess of that then what job could we give him next?

I wouldn’t trust him to put out the cones.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• 1874robbo

• i8hibsh

• JamboSpur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Vansen said:

A job interview in the future...

'So Mr..... what are your thoughts about taking on the manager role?' 

'Well, I'd like to install my own backroom team.'

Levein pops head round the door...

'Err, no, sorry, foxy, dal and macca stay'

'And you will report to me as your director of football '

'And you must introduce one random boy from the academy into the squad every month'

'you must also implement my own special brand of football into the first team'

Budge turns to candidate 'well, we would like to offer you the job'

'Eh no chance, I'm out of here, I can't work like that!' Candidate leaves.

Levein enters room. Budge says 'Well Craig, what do we do now?'

Levein strokes his beard for a minute.

'I've got it....' Levein stands up and shouts out of the room 'hey foxy, macca, how about you as joint managers?'

Budge turns to Levein 'oh Craig...I knew you'd have the answers!'

'Don't worry Ann, we will get out of League 1 in no time'.

And then a press release to state after looking we realised the right candidate was staring us in the face all the time!!!

6 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Good, I thought it was just me that noticed that he had replied to a comment he himself had made. My thoughts at the time were he had maybe replied to the wrong post, but after watching what I had suffered at Tynecastle yesterday afternoon it just sort of brought a smile to my face in a strange sort of way.

But I apologise to the poster anyway, I see he responded and wasn't too chuffed about my post.

Yea, I thought it was just a bit of light relief in what had been a terrible day. Not seen any response from the poster, but don't see you had anything to apologize for.

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

:rofl:

You want a manager that has failed to direct the new manager in footballing matters? 

:gok: 

**** man, the only thing to do is laugh. Absolutely incredible that some folk think that is the way to go, for me it shows they've been brainwashed and Craig Levein is actually now more important than the club.

pettigrewsstylist

Football influencing position is probably out of bounds. We are supposed to be 5 yrs into a "promote from within" coaching set up. 

4 hours ago, Martin_T said:

The new head coach cannot possibly be accountable to and report into, someone who has failed previously in the head coach role.

If he goes, he has to be completely removed from the club.

Very few managers would work under him,he only wants yes people.

Clean sweep required and ironically AB needs the wisdom of people like Locke who she sacked and Donald Ford to advise her of the characteristics required of Levein's successor.

She has shown tremendous loyalty to Levein and would never undermine by looking elsewhere while he's in charge but his latest statements are both arrogant and ignorant and he has to go.

When I knock the top off a heinekin in around 10 hours time I expect to be reading on here that's she's shown the door to levein and his hairy mate.

23 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Clean sweep required and ironically AB needs the wisdom of people like Locke who she sacked and Donald Ford to advise her of the characteristics required of Levein's successor.

She has shown tremendous loyalty to Levein and would never undermine by looking elsewhere while he's in charge but his latest statements are both arrogant and ignorant and he has to go.

When I knock the top off a heinekin in around 10 hours time I expect to be reading on here that's she's shown the door to levein and his hairy mate.

I think Ann needs someone with significant experience as a manager, but who has some experience of the business side to be a new DOF.  Locke and Ford really aren't in the bracket we should be aiming for.

If Ann needs advice on who to appoint as DOF it should come from someone active in the game.

6 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

some people have very short memories. Neilsons style of play was just as bad as Leveins. Remeber playing with one winger and Buaben as right mid? We need a manager who will play an attractive style of football

Exactly!  Levein gave Neilson the job because they both share the same football philosophy!

We need a total clear out and a fresh start!!

Edited by Thomaso

13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think Ann needs someone with significant experience as a manager, but who has some experience of the business side to be a new DOF.  Locke and Ford really aren't in the bracket we should be aiming for.

If Ann needs advice on who to appoint as DOF it should come from someone active in the game.

Fair point.  On reflection I agree.  Someone in tune with the game today.  

She certainly needs good advice.

I'm no advocate for a DoF though.  I prefer an assistant who looks after paperwork, dealing with agents etc.  The 1st team coach should have full responsibility for who is on the park and what they do on it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
53 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Locke? :rofl: 

He was a shocking manager.

We need to stray far beyond the HMFC circle. At the moment we’re acting like the most insular club going. 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Locke? :rofl: 

He was a shocking manager.

We need to stray far beyond the HMFC circle. At the moment we’re acting like the most insular club going. 

I've just agreed.  I was wrong.

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Exactly!  Levein gave Neilson the job because they both share the same football philosophy!

We need a total clear out and a fresh start!!

So we had a manager who had done his job, had us in the top 3 and yet a minority started to moan and groan (perhaps you were one) about the playing style...we then know what happened

You have to wonder about some posters who seem to think we should be playing like the Brazil side of old or the Manchester City side of today

Reality is no one truly cares if you are winning and style only becomes an issue when you are not.....unless you have some fans with inflated expectations ...not one of whom mentioned style when we were winning at the start of last season..not one.

There are a few posting here who were not complaining in the slightest early last season about 'style'

On 14/09/2019 at 16:52, Voxpop said:

Some people here are very stupid.  Budge saved the club.  Levein is her choice and should be judged over the season.  Top 6 and I’m happy.

Wow. What a loser.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So we had a manager who had done his job, had us in the top 3 and yet a minority started to moan and groan (perhaps you were one) about the playing style...we then know what happened

You have to wonder about some posters who seem to think we should be playing like the Brazil side of old or the Manchester City side of today

Reality is no one truly cares if you are winning and style only becomes an issue when you are not.....unless you have some fans with inflated expectations ...not one of whom mentioned style when we were winning at the start of last season..not one.

There are a few posting here who were not complaining in the slightest early last season about 'style'

I’ve been moaning about Levein for 18 months, sunshine. You should be more concerned about the fact that you couldn’t see it 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ve been moaning about Levein for 18 months, sunshine. You should be more concerned about the fact that you couldn’t see it 

Me too.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If you can't see the future is not as bleak as some would have you believe then perhaps you are the one with an eyesight problem

A disturbing lack of faith on this board from some posters

Still I'll enjoy Craig's GIRUY moment shortly and cancel my check up for the old eye sight.

Oh and have a look back 12 months ago re your posts..not a peep as I said

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If you can't see the future is not as bleak as some would have you believe then perhaps you are the one with an eyesight problem

Still I'll enjoy Craig's GIRUY moment shortly and cancel my check up for the old eye sight.

:cornette::cornette::cornette:

Adam_the_legend
8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Aye right, good luck with that Craig!

Haringshairband
12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

:wtf:

Leveins Battalion
17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Nut job.

15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

😂

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Fair doos for trying. 

I do not think we are as bad as some make out but results are not good enough. They're terrible tbh. 

We're 50/50 for the next few games, but even if we beat hibs and got to a another sf I think he's lost a large part of the support for good. 

I think under CL or another we'll improve and be high up the league. 

But, this season, after 5 games we are bottom. Injuries, fitness etc, it does not matter, we need results. 

He isn't getting them. 

We'll get more Motherwell away like performances in the future and climb the league but Surley his time is up?

My biggest concern is what happens next as 99% of the folk who have wanted him gone don't have a plan for what happens next and just assume we'll instantly get better with almost no one thinking we could actually get worse or anything bad might come of him being removed , even for a while. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair doos for trying. 

I do not think we are as bad as some make out but results are not good enough. They're terrible tbh. 

We're 50/50 for the next few games, but even if we beat hibs and got to a another sf I think he's lost a large part of the support for good. 

But, this season, after 5 games we are bottom. Injuries, fitness etc, it does not matter, we need results. 

He isn't getting them. 

We'll get more Motherwell away like performances in the future and climb the league but Surley his time is up?

My biggest concern is what happens next as 99% of the folk who have wanted him gone don't have a plan for what happens next and just assume we'll instantly get better with almost no one thinking we could actually get worse or anything bad might come of him being removed , even for a while. 

We are rock bottom. Rock bottom.

yes he’s had injuries and I feel for him for that but he is absolutely done here now.

His record is absolutely appalling and he can’t get a tune out of any teams he puts out. He’s lost the fans now and next there’s a real danger of him causing a drop in fan investment (FOH).

no return now

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair doos for trying. 

He isn't getting them. 

Blah! Blah! Blah!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
41 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Bollocks. I’ve been calling him out for ages.

Adam_the_legend
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How many times do people need to tell you same thing. You start a Recruitment process and hire the Manager who impresses the most. Genuine question, how much worse can it get?

56 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s still voting to keep Levein in a job!

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

How many times do people need to tell you same thing. You start a Recruitment process and hire the Manager who impresses the most. Genuine question, how much worse can it get?

He'd like you to name names so he may scoff at them. 

49 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Stick to your Liverpool shite, you're insufferable enough with that.

There's no way back, he could win the next 5 games and there will still be this dark cloud hanging over the club with him in charge.  The players have chucked it.  It's sad as he has given so much to the club but every day he is in charge is having a knock on effect across the club for the future.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ve been moaning about Levein since he came back to the Club - many could not see what an arrogant loser he is!!

Haringshairband
30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair doos for trying. 

He isn't getting them. 

Jesus wept. We're not going to get any worse than we are now. It's not the fans job to mastermind a plan.to replace a failing manager, it's the board's. If they can't or won't do that then they should step aside to allow someone who can/will to take charge.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I know that, but folk just assume CL being sacked will make everything OK. 

I'm not sure how worse it can get, I personally think we'll get better under CL or another anyway. 

But removing a man, especially in an unplanned way that help build us from ground zero will have issues I'd have thought. 

I said above, what will guys like Naismith, Washington, Meshino, Smith, Damour, Whelan  and Souttar all think if CL and his team are gone, say by Tuesday? 

Also, if a new man gets beat in his first game or two what then?

Butcher and Heckington at hibs tell you that things can get worse, Robbie to Cathro as well. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Jesus wept. We're not going to get any worse than we are now. It's not the fans job to mastermind a plan.to replace a failing manager, it's the board's. If they can't or won't do that then they should step aside to allow someone who can/will to take charge.

No but many think removing CL will solve everything. 

My point is it may well not, and as I mentioned above giving his hold in off the field matters, his new signings etc there may be other issues. 

As you say it's not the fans job, it's Ann's, but what happens after is very important, she'll be thinking about that. 

Fans don't. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not sure how worse it can get, I personally think we'll get better under CL or another anyway. 

But removing a man, especially in an unplanned way that help build us from ground zero will have issues I'd have thought. 

I said above, what will guys like Naismith, Washington, Meshino, Smith, Damour, Whelan  and Souttar all think if CL and his team are gone, say by Tuesday? 

Butcher and Heckington at hibs tell you that things can get worse, Robbie to Cathro as well. 

So, do we just carry on and accept the current 15% win rate in league games (in 20 fixtures)?

Relegation form. From the third biggest club in Scotland. We have put an absolute fortune into the club and this is what we get back.

I'm sorry, give me a risky change over this.

Edited by jambogaza

35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Have a look at what happened when Killie removed McCulloch. They were bottom after first 8 or 9 games when he got punted. New man comes in, same players, gets them set up and playing in a different way and they managed to finish above us.

We all know the squad is decent, but it needs someone who will set the team up in a way that plays to the strengths we’ve got not putting square pegs in round ho,Es like we are at the moment because the squad is so unbalanced it’s unfathomable 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jambogaza said:

So, do we just carry on and accept the current 15% win rate in league games (in 20 fixtures)?

Relegation form. From the third biggest club in Scotland. We have put an absolute fortune into the club and this is what we get back.

I'm sorry, give me a risky change over this.

I'm agreeing, but it's bigger than just sack CL and needs to be done correctly. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Have a look at what happened when Killie removed McCulloch. They were bottom after first 8 or 9 games when he got punted. New man comes in, same players, gets them set up and playing in a different way and they managed to finish above us.

We all know the squad is decent, but it needs someone who will set the team up in a way that plays to the strengths we’ve got not putting square pegs in round ho,Es like we are at the moment because the squad is so unbalanced it’s unfathomable 

All fair points and that's what we'd hope for, a reaction like that. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

You mention the names of players you think could be unhappy if Craig goes but surely every professional player wants to win matches and receive the adulation of the crowd. Do you still see that happening with Craig Levein in charge? 

The team on paper is good enough the manager is not. 

The clown should have been emptied after the Celtic game in May then we wouldn't be in this situation, that unfortunately would take an owner who has a clue what they are doing though.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

You mention the names of players you think could be unhappy if Craig goes but surely every professional player wants to win matches and receive the adulation of the crowd. Do you still see that happening with Craig Levein in charge? 

You'd think so,. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I think some of those names will be happier men when Craig goes!

Adam_the_legend
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We are bottom of the league, any new manager literally couldn’t do any worse than levein! They are footballers, the changing of managers is not that unusual to them plus they have contracts with Hearts not CL so they can suck it up. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

I agree 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Maybe.