Act tonight Budge or go at first opportunity

neilnunb

My view was that he had to beat Motherwell.   He failed in the most insipid fashion.   Tbe defensive errors,  which he said were ready to sort,  were still there.   We actually played better against Hamilton. 

The tactical third substitution was bizarre and cost a goal.   

The players badly need someone new to come in and input some fresh ideas.  Lots of empty seats yesterday and that's only going to get worse.   Lots of people left early and I can't blame them. 

I reckon  he'll be in charge for the derby in the belief that a win there will change things around.  Hibs are probably thinking the same about their guy. 

Absolute shambles all round. 

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• 1874robbo

• i8hibsh

• JamboSpur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hoping that it’s done and dusted today and announced tomorrow.

she must know this is irreversible now and on the brink of posing serious damage to the club. 

We are heading for the championship at an alarming rate. No wins in 14 league matches is not a blip! 2 points at home where we would normally expect 9 this season, yet Ann Budge stays silent. Throughout her tenure she has been quick to issue communications yet the 1 key communication - that CL is gone is just not happening? I think it is reasonable to suggest that no other club would tolerate our level of performance! All she has said though is Craig is doing a good job??? It flies in the face of all her proven business acumen. The question is why is she burying her head in the sand? 

6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

There is no way that the club are not looking for potential head coach replacements - quietly in the background.

I see no point in sacking Levein before a replacement is lined up i.e. I see no point in having our other current coaches as caretaker management whilst we go through and interview process. That won’t help or change things.

If this search is happening we are better having Levein remaining as manager/head coach because there is no-one at the club who would have the experience to potentially improve things whilst we find a replacement, like it or not.

You would rather continued unrest amongst the supporters then? As that is what keeping him at the helm will continue to do.

He has clearly lost the dressing room.

If you seriously don’t think the team won’t be lifted by removing Levein then I don’t know what team you have been watching I’m afraid......

Just now, Big Moysey said:

We are heading for the championship at an alarming rate. No wins in 14 league matches is not a blip! 2 points at home where we would normally expect 9 this season, yet Ann Budge stays silent. Throughout her tenure she has been quick to issue communications yet the 1 key communication - that CL is gone is just not happening? I think it is reasonable to suggest that no other club would tolerate our level of performance! All she has said though is Craig is doing a good job??? It flies in the face of all her proven business acumen. The question is why is she burying her head in the sand? 

Good point.

she needs to release some sort of statement ASAP as the place is an absolute car crash.

the only acceptable  statement can be ....”Craig Levein has left his posts by mutual consent........”

Selkirkhmfc1874

Dear Mrs Budge.

You've done so much good off the park for our football club and you've also backed your 3 managers to the hilt in terms of giving them significant funds but the football department has let both you and the supporters down with terrible results and a shocking style of anti football.

Mrs Budge you've still got some credit because of the great job you've done with the business side of the football club and also rebuilding the infrastructure but failure to act now to replace the coaching staff will seriously damage the credit you have.

This isn't just about out terrible start to this season , the 2 seasons before the management team have failed to deliver what you budgeted for before the season started.

Mrs Budge it's over to you to act now in the best interests of Heart Of Midlothian football club and put the club before an individual who has sadly failed at his job.

1 minute ago, Big Moysey said:

The silence thing annoys me. If a fan says "shit" at a game she will release a statement. Infact she releases about 100 a week for every little thing but something as vital as being in our worst run in our history she goes into hiding.

He trots out the same excuses every week - injuries and individual mistakes - but takes no blame himself. Just read his post match interview on the Hearts website and exactly the same again. 

Surely to god he'll be sacked this week. 

2 minutes ago, sac said:

Had enough now. Budge needs to act  before people turn on her.

Everyday she’s kept him on since Hamilton she’s losing more support imo 

Mid Calder Jambo
22 minutes ago, sac said:

“Defensive boot camp” yesterday’s team selection & subsequent substitutions was the last throw of the dice for him for me.

His unwarranted belief in himself has long been surpassed by the lack of belief in him from the support. Ann Budge has to demonstrate true leadership by pressing the eject button now, or first thing on Monday morning.

My worry is that should have happened after the Hamilton game.  I believe that he thinks he is bigger than AB and the club.  She MUST act now or we have him forever. Not a prospect I like as I want to go back and see my team play.

Has to go! was a huge fan of the guy but ffs he's now got me thinking that what we've endured with cathro he just might have been pulling the strings. don't want to think the worst but now its a worry that hes gonna go back upstairs and us still be in same position. 

Mid Calder Jambo
4 minutes ago, Inchgarvie said:

Very seldom post but had to come on to say that I can’t believe Levien is still manager. 

I think a few thousand of us think the same thing.

Gorgie Boys are in town.

Ann gave Craig the keys to the whole footballing department.  Removing him and his army of coaches is a monumental task. I honestly think she doesnt know how to fix this. She has made a huge mistake handing Craig so much power and together they will have been praying results would come good. She has let it get so bad that Craig must now be completely removed from the club.   

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In a nutshell. He left us in the middle of a European run in 2004 and tried to encourage several players to "get out while you can". Levein is a Levein man!

He always has been! He won’t go easily - this will be messy!!!

GorgieFifeLife
15 minutes ago, sac said:

Had enough now. Budge needs to act  before people turn on her.

That ship has sailed but she could just about recover if he is sacked Monday at the latest.

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

Ann gave Craig the keys to the whole footballing department.  Removing him and his army of coaches is a monumental task. I honestly think she doesnt know how to fix this. She has made a huge mistake handing Craig so much power and together they will have been praying results would come good. She has let it get so bad that Craig must now be completely removed from the club.   

Budge making him a full Board Director was a massive mistake and totally unnecessary!

Brauhauser2012
3 minutes ago, markphmfc said:

Has to go! was a huge fan of the guy but ffs he's now got me thinking that what we've endured with cathro he just might have been pulling the strings. don't want to think the worst but now its a worry that hes gonna go back upstairs and us still be in same position. 

Agreed.

If he directs a replacement to do more of the same we will be no better off.

'My focus is just on the game. I don't try and listen to anything else. It's not helpful'

He will be schmoozing Ann and telling her it's a blip and we are on the cusp of a good season. She has placed her trust in him. I don't buy this stuff that just cos she is a very successful business woman that it will transfer into a football environment. She employed football people to advise and help her, the main one now being the manager. The fact that she allowed a director to also be the manager is shocking.

Even more shocking is that there seems to be an agreement between them that if HE feels he isn't doing a good job then he will resign. 

Ann Budge has done great things for Hearts and I don't like the abuse she is getting. However, she has positioned herself in a corner where she will now need to make a decision; keep her friend and advisor as manager or endure increasing anger, decreasing crowds and income and increased protests. 

I can see this dragging on for a bit yet. 

7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’ve taken a few dull yins the night for my views on adults wearing leisurewear in public. I can only apologise profusely for that. I stand by my thoughts on the matter, but it’s not going to win me any popularity contests it seems. We must be a different crowd these days... no longer “a bit posh”.

All that put to one side though, I compounded my situation by further offering my commentary on the volume of protest... 50 people I said. That’s what I saw with my own eyes.

Since then, I’ve read up on the protests, and I think I’ve found the reason for one part of my isolation on bad poster island:

The protest lasted until just after 5.30pm before the crowds started to disperse.”

There were apparently “hundreds” of protestors (various standards of dress code) between 17:00 and 17:30. By the time I popped my head out of the bar to have a look, most of these guys had departed. Apparently it was a half hour thing.

Hopefully this goes some way to building bridges after my misjudged comments born in misunderstanding.

👍

Not really, no. You are calculated in everything you type. You’re snide remarks are part of your DNA. As is your love in with the arsehole. 

You couldn’t wait to belittle or mock the protests. 

Edited by Hercules

Gorgie Boys are in town.
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Budge making him a full Board Director was a massive mistake and totally unnecessary!

Correct. For all her business acumen this was a terrible decision. 

I just can’t see him being sacked. He should have gone after the Hamilton game.

It’s so obvious that the players have lost all confidence. These are good players but they’re hiding and trying to take the easy pass every time. That’s down to the lack of leadership and tactics from the manager.

There’s no way he’ll be sacked, and no way he’ll resign. I think he genuinely believes that he’ll be able to turn this round. When does that ever happen in football? Once things are as bad as this, the only option is to sack the manager and get a new one. It doesn’t guarantee things will get better but it gives the place a lift and refocuses the players.

Exactly the same conversation happening across the Forth on my club’s fans forum right now. Grateful to the folk who put their own money in and saved the club but major decisions required ASAP. The Pars are rock bottom and no sign of improvement - next week’s game at Firhill is looking like a huge 6 pointer already.

Great good luck to you guys, my other half is a Jambo - he was commenting last night on how often our teams seem to mirror each other!

11 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

Were they well fitting tracksuits?

what was the fabric?

what was the colours?

You folk talking about sportswear. I assume it's sportswear in the same way that JD Sports is a sports shop. That is, never been anywhere near sporting activity. 

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I noticed that too. The last I heard he was sending PM's to himself asking for a square go.

Good, I thought it was just me that noticed that he had replied to a comment he himself had made. My thoughts at the time were he had maybe replied to the wrong post, but after watching what I had suffered at Tynecastle yesterday afternoon it just sort of brought a smile to my face in a strange sort of way.

But I apologise to the poster anyway, I see he responded and wasn't too chuffed about my post.

I’ve read over the past years about Ann being a ruthless business woman and she’ll make the tough decisions when needed.

sorry but I’m yet to see evidence of this, in a footballing sense we are enduring our worst period of her leadership imo and as far as I can see she’s failing to deal with it.

”Ruthless” my arse.

Yes, what I would say is Budge needs to show that she is on the side of the supporters on this one. If she isn't then she clearly holds the supporters in contempt.

Italian Lambretta
42 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Dear Mrs Budge.

You've done so much good off the park for our football club and you've also backed your 3 managers to the hilt in terms of giving them significant funds but the football department has let both you and the supporters down with terrible results and a shocking style of anti football.

Mrs Budge you've still got some credit because of the great job you've done with the business side of the football club and also rebuilding the infrastructure but failure to act now to replace the coaching staff will seriously damage the credit you have.

This isn't just about out terrible start to this season , the 2 seasons before the management team have failed to deliver what you budgeted for before the season started.

Mrs Budge it's over to you to act now in the best interests of Heart Of Midlothian football club and put the club before an individual who has sadly failed at his job.

Crikey thats nauseating 

Mid Calder Jambo
11 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’ve read over the past years about Ann being a ruthless business woman and she’ll make the tough decisions when needed.

sorry but I’m yet to see evidence of this, in a footballing sense we are enduring our worst period of her leadership imo and as far as I can see she’s failing to deal with it.

”Ruthless” my arse.

Exactly the reason why CL got the Directors position.  She needed someone to take the "ruthless" football decisions that she couldn't take and that decision is now comimg home to roost on us all.  I hope CL is sitting at home this morning as embarrassed as hell with what is going on but I fear not.  Who blinks first here?

2 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Exactly the reason why CL got the Directors position.  She needed someone to take the "ruthless" football decisions that she couldn't take and that decision is now comimg home to roost on us all.  I hope CL is sitting at home this morning as embarrassed as hell with what is going on but I fear not.  Who blinks first here?

He’ll be sitting having a big fry up telling his mrs and all who’ll listen that he can turn this around.

I think the start to this Season is the rusts time it’s clearly down to Levein. We had Cathrine, injuries, small pool to distract us over last couple of Seasons. 

This year, we had full pre-Season, all Levein’s control. We have assembled a squad large enough and good enough quality to cope with injuries. 

We have had a run of wins or games and failed. 

No excuses. He has to go. 

I believe Ann will do the right thing, after due process and consulting other Board Members (excluding Levein) and ask him to resign. Hopefully, some prep been done on replacement. 

11 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I'm past the stage of really not giving a damn who they give it to. Honestly, anybody. Gary Locke would do for now ffs..

The worry is that she puts him back to DOF only and leaves Daly, Mcphee and Fox to coach the team which would probably see little or no change. Then she can claim it was not Levein who was the problem.

7 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

He has no shame and will still think he is doing a great job and it's not his fault. AB seems to think this also.

54 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Dear Mrs Budge.

Not at all patronising.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Dear Mrs Budge.

Managed to sound like you’re crawling up her arse and talking down to her at the same time. Wouldn’t have thought that was even possible.

At least you’re trying something though. Credit for that.

Edited by GinRummy

John mcCartney

above all his supposed love for the club,is this tragic situation panning out to be a `what he can get out of the club financially` motive ?

anybod clue us up on the legal intricacies of resigning and being sacked ?
I take it ,he could sue the club for being sacked and go for compo if he had a good lawyer? maybe not and i sincerely hope not.Resign and thats ties severed amicably ?
as dof,as a board member ?

want this person(for want of a better word) out badly,hes damaging the club and riled the fans with his actions yesterday...no respect given now from me.

Edited by John mcCartney

17 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yet another bizarre starting eleven, yet more bizarre substitutions and yet more proof he’s had it.

get rid tonight so when I go to the derby I will have some hope

The fact that he didn't start with Meshi is baffling in itself. No doubt Meshi will start on the bench next week despite proving he can play a bit.