Act tonight Budge or go at first opportunity

neilnunb

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

I actually feel sorry for Levein, the name calling and personal stuff is out of order.  He's a Hearts man and will be hurting big time right now.  I just wish he had stepped away as manager after the cup final.

Levein doesn’t love Hearts - Levein loves Levein!!!

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• 1874robbo

• i8hibsh

• JamboSpur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

I actually feel sorry for Levein, the name calling and personal stuff is out of order.  He's a Hearts man and will be hurting big time right now.  I just wish he had stepped away as manager after the cup final.

Probably the closest to where I am. I’m glad we gave him time, but it does now feel as though that time is up.

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

You are an absolute prince aren’t you.

3. Doesn’t know how to create a competitive football team.

31 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’d just say he loves hearts but loves Levein’s project more , stubborn pigheaded singleminded, but it’s just not working 

There is no way that the club are not looking for potential head coach replacements - quietly in the background.

I see no point in sacking Levein before a replacement is lined up i.e. I see no point in having our other current coaches as caretaker management whilst we go through and interview process. That won’t help or change things.

If this search is happening we are better having Levein remaining as manager/head coach because there is no-one at the club who would have the experience to potentially improve things whilst we find a replacement, like it or not.

35 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

There is no way that the club are not looking for potential head coach replacements - quietly in the background.

I see no point in sacking Levein before a replacement is lined up i.e. I see no point in having our other current coaches as caretaker management whilst we go through and interview process. That won’t help or change things.

If this search is happening we are better having Levein remaining as manager/head coach because there is no-one at the club who would have the experience to potentially improve things whilst we find a replacement, like it or not.

Not sacking him limits our options in trying to find a new manager because those who might apply dont know that the job is available.  How can we sure that it is no way that they aren't looking and do you think we can afford to keep him while the club find a replacement?  What if it takes more than 4 or 5 games to find one and our form stays the same?  Just sack him and advertise the job.  We can just keep him for now because they dont think the quality of the interim managers isn't that good.  There is no reason fo have him as manager now.  Only people who want him to stay in the job will say it's because of the hibs and Aberdeen games coming up.  Even that isn't worth wasting another couple of weeks in charge.   

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Not sacking him limits our options in trying to find a new manager because those who might apply dont know that the job is available.  How can we sure that it is no way that they aren't looking and do you think we can afford to keep him while the club find a replacement?  What if it takes more than 4 or 5 games to find one and our form stays the same?  Just sack him and advertise the job.  We can just keep him for now because they dont think the quality of the interim managers isn't that good.  There is no reason fo have him as manager now.  Only people who want him to stay in the job will say it's because of the hibs and Aberdeen games coming up.  Even that isn't worth wasting another couple of weeks in charge.   

Correct. Mind you, some on here claimed that it was all about the cup games. Ho hum!

John mcCartney
56 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

incredible stuff,
the situation is poisonous and you want to keep him in place meantime ? go and have a look at the fecking league table ffs

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct. Mind you, some on here claimed that it was all about the cup games. Ho hum!

I think there is nothing to keep him here at all and can see no reason to keep him here until a replacement is found.  The cup game excuse would deprive us of advertising for the new manager for two weeks.  Giving him the cup game would mean it taking another 3 to 4 weeks including the interview etc  there's no chance he's should be given nearly another month.  He has to just go.  

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
2 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Same mate. He could have stepped down after the final with dignity and could have even stepped back to being just DoF (with no involvement with 1st team). Now though it’s hard to see any way back for him and the personal abuse he’s getting is out of order, and if he goes it’s probably his last job in top level football. A sad position to be in when a year ago we beat Motherwell to go 5 clear and we were all chanting his name 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I think there is nothing to keep him here at all and can see no reason to keep him here until a replacement is found.  The cup game excuse would deprive us of advertising for the new manager for two weeks.  Giving him the cup game would mean it taking another 3 to 4 weeks including the interview etc  there's no chance he's should be given nearly another month.  He has to just go.  

Absolutely 

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Absolutely 

All because we should be worried about the interim manager.  Do you see that stopping other clubs when they sack a whole coaching set up? 

He's not getting another month to do more damage just for that.  And know fecking way should he be given the benefit of the doubt. Nothing justifies him staying any longer, he needs to go now.

32 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

incredible stuff,
the situation is poisonous and you want to keep him in place meantime ? go and have a look at the fecking league table ffs

Exactly! Pathetic post!!!

25 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

We are in the situation where the players will get a lift if Levein gets the bullet!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We are in the situation where the players will get a lift if Levein gets the bullet!!

That I'm not so sure about. Some of the squad need chased.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Watford fired then hired their manger in an hour but then again they know what they are doing!

I think after Lightbulb No1 people are expecting that Budge would take until November to appoint someone.

The point being that Budge should have the successor targets identified already but probably hasn't. That is a dereliction of duty.

2 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

You completely miss the point. And it is nonsense to say not sacking a manager limited your options. For example we had clearly lined up Sergio whilst JJ was still in the job. It happens all the time.

i said there is no point having John Daly as interim head coach until we find somebody else. We find somebody to replace Levein before he moves on or moves up. 

We would not benefit in any way from having a period of 4 weeks or so whilst Daly and Fox muddle through.

Edited by Jammy T

32 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think after Lightbulb No1 people are expecting that Budge would take until November to appoint someone.

The point being that Budge should have the successor targets identified already but probably hasn't. That is a dereliction of duty.

Do you think she got to in business without future planning, and taking action with key employees whilst making sure she was not without a person for that key position lined up?

People are ****ing clueless. Budge didn’t swindle her money like Romanov did. She earned it by being an astute and intelligent businesswoman.

10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Is the first thread ever where someone has ended up arguing with themselves

I noticed that too. The last I heard he was sending PM's to himself asking for a square go.

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

You completely miss the point. And it is nonsense to say not sacking a manager limited your options. For example we had clearly lined up Sergio whilst JJ was still in the job. It happens all the time.

i said there is no point having John Daly as interim head coach until we find somebody else. We find somebody to replace Levein before he moves on or moves up. 

We would not benefit in any way from having a period of 4 weeks or so whilst Daly and Fox muddle through.

It's not nonsense. People don't apply for jobs where there are no vacancies. And unfortunately we don't have anyone at Boardroom level who would have the knowledge to headhunt someone. We'll likely be wholly reliant on people applying. 

it doesn't need to be a Daly / Fox situation.  I think for one McPhee would be the interim manager which whilst not great is more palatable than your solution. There is also the option to bring someone in from the outside on an interim basis - someone like McCann possibly. 

Finally, the atmosphere is so bad now and the run of form so abysmal taht literally any change can't make things worse in the short term. We are bottom of the league with protesting fans. Remove Levein and at worst you remain bottom but the atmosphere around the club changes instantly. 

Keeping Levein a day longer is absurd. 

Was decided CL will be in place for derby before we even played today regardless. The belief is a win there will patch things over and buy more time.

You can choose to believe that or not but I'm sure next week will be two managers playing for their jobs.

3 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Same mate. He could have stepped down after the final with dignity and could have even stepped back to being just DoF (with no involvement with 1st team). Now though it’s hard to see any way back for him and the personal abuse he’s getting is out of order, and if he goes it’s probably his last job in top level football. A sad position to be in when a year ago we beat Motherwell to go 5 clear and we were all chanting his name 

Sorry but the 'abuse' Levein has been getting is absolutely nothing considering how bad it has got, there's many other clubs in the world where he would have literally been chased out the club by the fans.

For his smug attitude and the contempt he shows for the fans he is getting a very easy ride in my opinion.

To be consistent, I should stick to my view 3xpressed many weeks ago that we should wait till the end of September to see how things are looking.  Unfortunately, things are much worse than we could have envisaged.

If he isn't sacked on Monday, good performances and wins in the next two games will save him.  I have great sympathy with the injury crises.  Having built a strong looking squad, he has never had the opportunity to choose his strongest side from that squad.

The suggestion that AB should have bern operating behind the back of the head coach and a fellow board member to find a successor is just ludicrous.  I would lose a great deal of respect for her if she did that.  She wouldn't of course.

I used to be of the opinion that CL should be removed from the Manager's position but kept on for the academy work and other duties outwith the first team, but not any more.

What's happening to our club right now is appalling and his stubbornness to step down at the detriment of the club shows that he is simply too arrogant to even play a part in any aspect of the club. I've lost all respect I had for him previously and his interviews / post match comments show utter contempt for us fans.

The comments pre-match about the 'defensive boot camp' followed by conceding 3 goals at home to Motherwell only highlight how clueless he is. How can we possibly give him more time after shambolic management like this!

He needs to go from the club completely, we're now Craig ****ing Levein FC!

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

To be consistent, I should stick to my view 3xpressed many weeks ago that we should wait till the end of September to see how things are looking.  Unfortunately, things are much worse than we could have envisaged.

If he isn't sacked on Monday, good performances and wins in the next two games will save him.  I have great sympathy with the injury crises.  Having built a strong looking squad, he has never had the opportunity to choose his strongest side from that squad.

The suggestion that AB should have bern operating behind the back of the head coach and a fellow board member to find a successor is just ludicrous.  I would lose a great deal of respect for her if she did that.  She wouldn't of course.

I disagree. Ann should be doing whatever is necessary for the benefit of HMFC, not Craig Levein. It's only because of her that she has a fellow board member managing the first team. The situation is ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That's what she should have been doing but she's not got the knowledge to do such a thing, if you couldn't see that continuing with the incompetent Levein would see us continue to get worse then there's no hope for you. Maybe we'll throw more players at it again? Any free agents kicking about?

Geoff Kilpatrick
19 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Bullshit! Just as one example, Martin Edwards went behind Ron Atkinson's back to line up (Sir) Alex Ferguson to succeed him at Man Utd in 1986. Why? Because he calculated post the collapse during the 1985-86 season that Atkinson was a busted flush and would need to be replaced at some point.

Succession planning is part of every business and new leaders in business are headhunted all the time. Budge should have already started this process. If not, she isn't doing her job.

He just has to go. No more excuses, no more jam tomorrow. His time is up and it is now doing damage to the club on a whole. If Budge can't see that then I'm afraid she also needs to step aside and let someone else make the footballing decisions from an executive position. There is no way back for him now - he is finished.

Edited by jambogaza

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Bullshit! Just as one example, Martin Edwards went behind Ron Atkinson's back to line up (Sir) Alex Ferguson to succeed him at Man Utd in 1986. Why? Because he calculated post the collapse during the 1985-86 season that Atkinson was a busted flush and would need to be replaced at some point.

Succession planning is part of every business and new leaders in business are headhunted all the time. Budge should have already started this process. If not, she isn't doing her job.

Sorry.  I didnt know about that precedent.  Had no idea Atkinson was a board member.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Sorry.  I didnt know about that precedent.  Had no idea Atkinson was a board member.  

Sigh. The board member part is irrelevant. We are talking about a paid role in the club.

Levein can easily be removed from managerial duties at any time. If by happenstance he stayed as a director but not director of football (another paid role) so be it. We don't need the latter in any case.

She hasn't done herself any favours recently firstly by publicly giving Levein her public support

Secondly she hasn't published the review of the football side of the club, the infamous part 2.....its quite clear that shes waiting until results pick up before she does this, as I'd imagine that this report is a glowing review of Craig Levein. 

She is great at making public statements when they suit her own agenda and present herself in a positive light, but she needs to learn quickly how to do the hard part of this job

A bad patch is acceptable however this has now been 10 months of awful results, being able to count league wins on one hand during this spell. She needs to rip up the plan and start again with a new man in charge, and do it before this season becomes a write off. 

I definitely don't believe her own job should be questioned, she continues to do good things for the club, and I fear if fans try to push her out the door that we will quickly see things like our "benefactors" start to withdraw as well. 

He should be sacked today, however I think club will bunker down this week in the hope that we get a result in the derby

The decision on Craig Levein should no longer be in his hands. Trouble is he is also on the board....he obviously isn't going to remove himself but it should no longer be his decision. As much for his own health as the good of the team. This type of pressure and previous heart conditions doesn't bode well. Bottom line is he needs gone. It should no longer even be a debate

17 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

He just has to go. No more excuses, no more jam tomorrow. His time is up and it is now doing damage to the club on a whole. If Budge can't see that then I'm afraid she also needs to step aside and let someone else make the footballing decisions from an executive position. There is no way back for him now - he is finished.

This after yesterday CL time at the club is now done. 

6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

In a nutshell. He left us in the middle of a European run in 2004 and tried to encourage several players to "get out while you can". Levein is a Levein man!

Toxteth O'Grady
5 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I’d rather have Gary Locke in charge for the Hibs game than CL. He has a good record against them and would at least get the players up for it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I’d rather have Gary Locke in charge for the Hibs game than CL. He has a good record against them and would at least get the players up for it. 

Er, no.

If, by some miracle, Budge removes the fab four this week then I want Andy Kirk to take the reins on a temporary basis until the new appointment comes in. Ideally, we should have had someone pinpointed already.

13 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Irrelevant. Don’t disrespect her as a business women, very hard to deny that she is not great at that side of things. 

However, she is obviously clueless in regards to running the footballing side of the club. Hence her trust in Levein. Do you think he should stay?

I think he should be removed as Head coach and go back to being a director/DOF

Maybe Gary Locke could do the firing?  He could tell Levein that he's not the sort of guy to write a coaching manual and so he has to go.

Have the photographers tipped off of course so that Levein can be photographed in the car park after he's sacked too.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don’t mind if she picks her moment this week but it has to be this week.

If he isn’t gone, serious questions need to be asked about her refusal to sack him. Something doesn’t add up.

“Defensive boot camp” yesterday’s team selection & subsequent substitutions was the last throw of the dice for him for me.

His unwarranted belief in himself has long been surpassed by the lack of belief in him from the support. Ann Budge has to demonstrate true leadership by pressing the eject button now, or first thing on Monday morning.

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

We are not winning games. The players are not playing for levein.

We would improve if Levein stepped away, there is no doubt in that.

Hampden Demolition
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If he isn’t gone, serious questions need to be asked about her refusal to sack him. Something doesn’t add up.

We will be saying the same thing come next Sunday evening. It should have been at the end of last season or at the very, very least, after the Hamilton game. That would’ve given us two weeks to find a replacement. I’ve not been too critical of Budge and I will be forever thankful to her, but if she can’t see that change is needed then she is contributing to the downfall.

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They seem to be good friends so probably another reason she is reluctant to dismiss him.

I'm happy with Budge atm and hugely grateful for saving the club but she needs to act. She's clearly a clever business woman so I'm surprised its dragging on as long as this. 

She would be doing him a favour, it cant be good for his health. Levein is a Hearts man and this run will be killing him. He should have walked last season and left after the final. 

Edited by RedStarRiot

6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

That is probably the biggest Steaming hot pile of shite I think I’ve ever read on this forum!

Take a bow.

9 minutes ago, sac said:

“Defensive boot camp” yesterday’s team selection & subsequent substitutions was the last throw of the dice for him for me.

His unwarranted belief in himself has long been surpassed by the lack of belief in him from the support. Ann Budge has to demonstrate true leadership by pressing the eject button now, or first thing on Monday morning.

Welcome aboard.