Sean Clare.

Whatever

11 minutes ago, dukebox said:

He's not been great by any stretch of the imagination but I do think it's down to the tactics.  He came in wasn't fully fit and then went into a heart team that has won a handful of games in a year plus.  If we are losing games, the role he plays just highlights him just now.  He's been played at right back a couple of times towards the end of matches which doesn't do him justice and he's lost his man (but that's Levein's fault).

Also this work rate thing is Bull - if he loses the ball he chases back - it was seen today - he just looks lazy but he's not - if you look at miles covered by hearts players he'll be up there.

Light weight in tackle - yes - lacking in confidence - yes - decent player at this level - up for debate.

I don't think you can judge a player like him properly that has been played in the poorest hearts team (over the past year or so) I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Sorry that is all bollocks

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I doubt if being dropped from a team does much for a player's confidence.

It would help the the rest of the team's confidence.  A total passenger.

He was celebrating a lot with Hickey at the final whistle. Fair play to have a go at his performances but suggesting he didn't care about us scoring/winning is wrong.

1 minute ago, Yoda said:

It would help the the rest of the team's confidence.  A total passenger.

Could be.  There was a big improvement today after he went off.  

But I think he'll be in the starting 11 next game.

Lets see what he can do over a run of games now he has some decent players beside him .

Not the time to be having a go considering the result .

He has some talent -but patently not good enough at this level. 

Its frustrating, you see in flashes that he's got 'something', but his level of consistency is really poor. I hate the way he drifts out of games.  

I really want him to improve, but it's not (currently) happening. 

6 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Looked a right miserable ***** when the camera swung to the bench 🤨

Yeah looked a right wee spoiled brat for having sitting on the bench. 
As mentioned already, for me a vast improvement when he was taken off. 
Would love for him not to start next game please. 

1 hour ago, qferryjam said:

This is getting ridiculous Clare at fault for everything, goal changed the game fair play to Uche thought he should’ve been hooked instead of Clare he was totally ineffective before the goal against a poor inexperienced Hibs team 

At what point did i say he was at fault for everything?

Simply commented on how he looked?

Broxburn Jambo

I don't doubt the guys talent or footballing skills............but he has the heart of a mouse, a luxury in games like today, if he stays in Scottish football he will end up in league 2 in England or even the national league.

30 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I doubt if being dropped from a team does much for a player's confidence.

Not short term, but he needs taken out the firing line.

The reaction when he got subbed will either be the kick up the arse he needed or just put his head down further. He'll probably spend a couple of games out the team now so it's up to him to win his place back. 

Is it any surprise that he's lacking confidence? No idea whether he'll turn out to be a good player or not, but I think he has potential. I just don't get so called supporters being so critical of one of own players, it can't possibly do anything other than have a negative effect on his confidence. It's like they want him to fail, for whatever bizarre reason.

PS     We won today!  

He played a part in knocking it down their throats.

I don't think he's nearly as bad as some of the criticism he gets.

That was a great team effort today.  And he was in the team!!

Needs taken out the team and sat down on a one to one basis with Liam Fox and shown where he needs to improve.

Hopefully he’ll go back down South at the end of the season or during the January window.

Not suited to the Scottish game.

Technically he's good has a trick I him, but developmentally he's only probably at the same experience level of an 18/19 year old. Injuries have stopped him playing and getting games under his belt.

I'm still none the wiser as to what his best position is, I think he needs taken out the team for a bit. Bottom line is he's not performing, take him out and see if we can get a tune from him.

I don't think he's a bad player I just think he's down on confidence and not established himself in a position. 

Some decent touches today as there always is with him, but still needs to do more. But definitely needs taken out for a bit

John mcCartney
3 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Not suited to the Scottish game.

doesnt have the initial explosion one needs to succeed at a high level of footie.....showed today in the heat of the battle

Edited by John mcCartney

I can't help but think that if... And it's a big if... Walker, Naismith, Meshi, Washington and Uche are fit then he is at least 6th in the pecking order. Unluckily for us he has been the only consistently fit forward player and therefore been a first pick by default. 

He needs dropped and brought back into a confident and winning team

I've been saying for months that he's just not good enough. People talk about him showing bits of skill/class etc. but you get plenty of players in the lower leagues and at semi-pro level who show flashes of skill. At this level you need a lot more than that and he just contributes far too little to the team. Our problems in recent weeks run deeper than Clare - but he really needs to be dropped.  

We improved massively when the statue went off.

Hopefully the penny has finally dropped with Craig Levein that he doesn't need to sacrifice his job for the sake of Sean Clare playing. Technically he's rubbish, poor first touch, poor passing at all ranges, and his movement is poor to non existent.

He needs dropped out of the team completely and hopefully find a team nearer his level in January.

Captain America

Game changed when he went off.

I think he needs time out of the team for a while and Levein needs to figure out his best position and introduce him back slowly. 

This is a pivotal moment in his Hearts career, getting booed off by your own fans in a derby means we are now in make or break territory for him.

He has shown he is a player in flashes but I don't know if the work ethic or desire is there. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

The EEN said he was booed by the away fans when he got subbed, that and being sub ed might have explained why he looked miffed but as a poster said earlier would it not be worse if he was sat there laughing and joking as we were still 1-0 down

Nonsense to say he didnt show emotion at the goals, see the end of this clip and Im sure I saw a clip of him, maybe on Sky, frantically clapping when Uche scored 

https://twitter.com/jamtarts/status/1175856351781838848

We_are_the_Hearts

Wee time out will do him.good, he doesn't pick himself. To say he doesn't care is wrong, was probably pissed off at his performance. He has put a pic up of him and the players celebrating at the end on his instagram

Edited by We_are_the_Hearts

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

‘Sexual chocolate’ according to him who’s above the rest of us @Icon of Symmetry

Complete and utter garbage. A waste of a jersey.

:(

Jesus. Whatever makes you happy Whatever. :lol: 

Looks like a player, walks like a player, runs like a player, talks like a player, socials like a player. Sometimes even plays a player.

But never a player. 

50 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Technically he's good has a trick I him, but developmentally he's only probably at the same experience level of an 18/19 year old. Injuries have stopped him playing and getting games under his belt.

I'm still none the wiser as to what his best position is, I think he needs taken out the team for a bit. Bottom line is he's not performing, take him out and see if we can get a tune from him.

I don't think he's a bad player I just think he's down on confidence and not established himself in a position. 

Some decent touches today as there always is with him, but still needs to do more. But definitely needs taken out for a bit

Pretty much where I’m at too. Agree with all of that. 

2 hours ago, Owlvisiting said:

When he was at SWFC we all said he'll be great when he's match fit.

I can now say that was shite.

Was he actually good there 

He does nothing.

He has wee glimpses of what he can do but they're few and far between and rarely come to anything. 

It's no coincidence that we played better and actually won a game after he came off in my opinion. 

We all want him to be briliant but he's not! get over it. 

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:(

Jesus. Whatever makes you happy Whatever. :lol: 

He doesn’t make me happy.

We improved tenfold after he left the pitch today.

3900 of us made it clear what we thought of his performance.

’sexual chocolate’ it was not.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

Agree with much of that, but to me he is a bit like Mulraney. I'm not sure where either of them would fit in best in the team. both of then got their share of pelters today from the fans and in many instances it was merited. But from Mulraney's point of view there were a couple of occasions today where he went inside and glided past defenders, and because of his speed they were unable to just pull him down. Other than at Hampden versus ICT I've often been disappointed with him out wide, because he came with a reputation of speed (and as said can show it) but when played wide he has a tendency to stop and turn backwards too often, Clare is in a position where you need some skill but also have to be willing to get stuck in, and very often he either hides or fails to have any impact on games. I don't know if they are playing how they have been asked to play or are playing to their limitations, which may catch up on them if the playing squad continues to develop over the coming years but they don't.

Edited by portobellojambo1

He's one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen in a maroon jersey. I've watched him closely, and the talent and ability are evident. But he hides in games, and looks scared at times. And no doubt today, when he went off, the team improved.

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Maybe the penny finally dropped with Levein today. Clare doesn’t do enough for the team IMO

I sincerely hope so.  We were much more effective after he was substituted.

Bench him for a few games and let him know he's going to have to work at getting back into the first team.  Up until now he has been virtually ever present.  If you are getting selected every week, then it's reasonable to assume the manager must be happy with how you are performing.

Drop him for a bit and hopefully if and when he gets back in we see a more effective player.

36 minutes ago, Whatever said:

He doesn’t make me happy.

We improved tenfold after he left the pitch today.

3900 of us made it clear what we thought of his performance.

’sexual chocolate’ it was not.

Okay. So, let me get this straight. You were annoyed about me making a wee picture of Clare and captioning it “sexual chocolate”, when I did it a few months ago to parody the people slating him and calling him ‘chocolatey”? A player who was getting a torrid time, and who had managed to turn the tide just a tiny little amount at that point. Because of this, on an evening when we have just beaten Hibs at Easter Road in the derby, you have tagged me in this thread to... what? Are you wanting me to apologise for backing him? I won’t do that I’m afraid. I hope he gets his confidence back and fulfils his potential. I am now at the point where I think it’s too far gone though, as he looks totally shot of confidence and the fans won’t give him a chance to turn it around, even if he starts to kick on.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

No emotion at Hearts goals, arsehole of the highest order

Both his hands in the air on the TV highlights. Why make stuff up?

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Okay. So, let me get this straight. You were annoyed about me making a wee picture of Clare and captioning it “sexual chocolate”, when I did it a few months ago to parody the people slating him and calling him ‘chocolatey”? A player who was getting a torrid time, and who had managed to turn the tide just a tiny little amount at that point. Because of this, on an evening when we have just beaten Hibs at Easter Road in the derby, you have tagged me in this thread to... what? Are you wanting me to apologise for backing him? I won’t do that I’m afraid. I hope he gets his confidence back and fulfils his potential. I am now at the point where I think it’s too far gone though, as he looks totally shot of confidence and the fans won’t give him a chance to turn it around, even if he starts to kick on.

Inappropriate to label him "sexual chocolate" no matter the circumstances. Your excuses cut no ice. Thinly veiled racism imo. 

Hopefully this is the start of Clare having to earn a starting spot instead of getting a game regardless off his performance levels. Levein hasn’t done him any favours playing him wether he deserves it or not. 

Making him earn his place in the team will either make him or break him. There’s defo a player in there so I wouldn’t be binning him yet but it’s time for him to fight for a starting spot not just get it handed to him. 

1 hour ago, tynewater said:

Is it any surprise that he's lacking confidence? No idea whether he'll turn out to be a good player or not, but I think he has potential. I just don't get so called supporters being so critical of one of own players, it can't possibly do anything other than have a negative effect on his confidence. It's like they want him to fail, for whatever bizarre reason.

If he is affected by negative comments and feedback from fans, professional football probably ain’t for him.

He has been an automatic starter the vast majority of his time with us despite being shite. Why would his confidence not be high if he continues to be picked? 

6 minutes ago, Smack said:

Inappropriate to label him "sexual chocolate" no matter the circumstances. Your excuses cut no ice. Thinly veiled racism imo. 

No, that is pish Im afraid. I made that picture because he was being referred to as “chocolatey” by posters on here who were slating him. Not sure what you’re playing at here, but if you are acusing me of racism or being a racist, then I suggest you report me to the mods. If you don’t actually believe what you’re saying and just trying to be wide, then that is an extremely ***** thing to do and say.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry