Sean Clare.

Whatever

He has no heart, no steel and no fight. If you have none of these then even if you have Messi like qualities you aint going to cut it. He needs binned. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I wasn’t annoyed.

Okay. In that case I’ve no idea why you wanted to tag me. I’ll leave it there. I seem to be getting dragged in to something I have no desire to carry on with. As I said, I make no apologies whatsoever for supporting the guy when he was making a little bit of progress after a torrid time. Hope he kicks on but it’s starting to look increasingly unlikely. 

7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Miles better after he went off, he's about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike! 

Just as well you never said a chocolate fireguard. Handbags would’ve been raised. 😱😱

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

He has no heart, no steel and no fight. If you have none of these then even if you have Messi like qualities you aint going to cut it. He needs binned. 

Sadly true. 

All I expect from our players is you leave everything you have on the park. Performances can come and go, we are never going to have a team like Man City, but lack of effort and fight won't do for me. He just doesn't cut it. 

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, Smack said:

Inappropriate to label him "sexual chocolate" no matter the circumstances. Your excuses cut no ice. Thinly veiled racism imo. 

:cornette_dog:

SomethingAboutObua
17 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Hopefully this is the start of Clare having to earn a starting spot instead of getting a game regardless off his performance levels. Levein hasn’t done him any favours playing him wether he deserves it or not. 

Making him earn his place in the team will either make him or break him. There’s defo a player in there so I wouldn’t be binning him yet but it’s time for him to fight for a starting spot not just get it handed to him. 

Spot on. He’s now past the excuses of missed a preseason/been injured/played out of position. He’s had a year to become an SPFL starter and needs to show it.   

Assume he starts because weve missed Naismith, then gets on the wing because we don’t have Morrison. With Meshino, Morrison, Mulraney all fit and better to play on the wing and Meshino able to play behind Ikpeazu/Washington AND Haring/Whelan/Irving/Damour to play in the middle too he will hopefully have to make a hell of an effort to get back to being a starter. 

chester copperpot

I dont see him anywhere near as bad as some people on here make him out to be.

Think it's just the way of the world now where we are always looking for the next scapegoat to find. If it wasnt Clare it would be some other poor bugger. 

Was poor today but Mulraney and Damour were worse. 

Still think there's something there. Unfortunately I think he's been tagged now. Not sure there's any way back for him.

2 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Was poor today but Mulraney and Damour were worse. 

Still think there's something there. Unfortunately I think he's been tagged now. Not sure there's any way back for him.

Jesus God what game did you watch?

Might benefit from a while out, possibly gain confidence in reserves it as over age with 20s if such a role exists. No going anywhere soon and clearly not up to first eleven the now so gotta be worth trying another strategy to get best out of him long term. Get his spirits up and see what he can do adding him in off the bench down the line 

Attitude issue. 

Looks every bit the academy graduate rather than someone who's had too eat shit on route to professional football. Desire is almost impossible to coach into a player. Times up for this period of starting XI guarantee, hopefully he's got the balls to fight for a place; I wouldn't back him though.

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Think it's just the way of the world now where we are always looking for the next scapegoat to find. If it wasnt Clare it would be some other poor bugger. 

TBF it is not just people on here. Have heard pundits on various different media platforms slate his performances. 

38 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Embarrassing the booing today. No need 

As bad as I thought he was, i agree the boos were a little embarrassing.

Its not going to help him and therefore the team in any way. I can fully understand booing of the entire team at the end of a poor result or performance, but not during a substitution. 

That being said I do hope he gets dropped for a while for everyone's benefit.

Morrison shows more and should get that right sided place back. He is miles off being the finished article but has the ability o draw in defenders to close him down. Clare is luxury we can't afford at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Gorgieshed said:

Jesus God what game did you watch?

Damour was horrific. Mulraney had a better second half when we changed shape but still ineffectual.

What game were you watching?

Bazzas right boot

Clare needs taken out the firing line. 

When Walker, Washington, Naismith come back he will be more limited for game time but clearly he needs rested. 

Damour is a good player, if you can't see that you're a tit. He does need to come up to speed tho. 

Clare has a future, the way he skinned the two players just before ht shows that, but he needs rested. 

No need to pan him, but Ffs Craig, drop him. 

I dread to think what wages Clare is on, with all the talk from Levein about him being surprised we got that calibre of player, when we first signed him, and all these apparent EPL clubs that were after him!  I wonder if that's why levein feels obliged to keep playing him.

BonningtonJambo
12 minutes ago, JyTees said:

If you reckon Damour deserved pass marks for that performance you're a tit.

Agreed irving so much better in there today thought damour was poor but clare was like a man down and i actually dont mind clare

jack D and coke

Damour wasn’t good but he hasn’t had as many chances as Clare, I’m not writing him off. 
I still don’t want to totally write Clare off but it’s wearing very thin, I don’t know what he is as a footballer.
I can’t work out what he’s good at. 

Clare has got to go! Simple. Check my posts last 6 months. Check stats with and without him in the team

Big games... Celtic at Hampden- we played well. 1-0 up. He comes on. We lose.

Easter Road yesterday- 1-0 down. he comes off. We win! 

We can only assess Levein better once this player is dropped

We have loads of capable midfielders and Meshino to play Number 10 role. No need for Clare any more

Please... (PS- i even sacked him from Fifa 19 despite lack of options on bench. Never a 69 rating)

7 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

I dread to think what wages Clare is on, with all the talk from Levein about him being surprised we got that calibre of player, when we first signed him, and all these apparent EPL clubs that were after him!  I wonder if that's why levein feels obliged to keep playing him.

A lot 

1 hour ago, cyprusjambo said:

Big games... Celtic at Hampden- we played well. 1-0 up. He comes on. We lose.

Eh ?  Wasn't it his back heel that set up the goal for Edwards ?

stop making up shite.

Edited by whodanny

I've said it about this lad before...he's utter dug shit.

Came here blowing his own trumpet about how he was the "big game" player.  CL claimed we were lucky to secure his signature etc.

Pish!

11 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I thought he was about our only attacking threat in the first half, but that’s largely down to us playing that horrific formation.

Mulraney was worse IMO. Wouldn’t start either of them though.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I thought he was about our only attacking threat in the first half, but that’s largely down to us playing that horrific formation.

Mulraney was worse IMO. Wouldn’t start either of them though.

I thought Mulraney was about to start producing a little while back, it’s not happening though. Looks like he has bags of ability but just isn’t sure enough and his final ball tends to be pretty erratic. 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

I thought Mulraney was about to start producing a little while back, it’s not happening though. Looks like he has bags of ability but just isn’t sure enough and his final ball tends to be pretty erratic. 

He has frightening pace but has no idea how to use it. A real shame.

And his crossing baffles me. It is mainly horrific. But in the Cup Final he put over loads of beautiful crosses, the problem was we had no Uche on the park to get on the end of them. So he can do it.

Looksblike he lacks belief in his own ability. Hopefully it will come soon.

People need to give it a rest. 

He was more effective and dangerous than Mulraney who could have tried to fire in a cross all weekend and would fail every time.

Jambof3tornado
34 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Typical winger regards final ball. Has the confidence to go at his man now which is progress but needs to relax when delivering.

29 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

People need to give it a rest. 

He was more effective and dangerous than Mulraney who could have tried to fire in a cross all weekend and would fail every time.

no he’s not, he’s always out of position, he frequently loses possession.. despite having talent he doesn’t offer anywhere near enough.. 

it’s no coincidence how we improved enormously when he went off.. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

no he’s not, he’s always out of position, he frequently loses possession.. despite having talent he doesn’t offer anywhere near enough.. 

it’s no coincidence how we improved enormously when he went off.. 

He reminds me of the boy who plays footy in the school playground that has never played for a team/club. He has decent skill and touches but isn't aware of tactics, position or team ethics. Defo needs a spell on the bench.