Sean Clare.

Whatever

How many games have we won with Clare in the team? The guy seems undroppable. Fell on his backside when he had a great goal scoring opportunity and again when he cost their 3rd goal. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

10 hours ago, Peebo said:

The error was absolutely **** all to do with the position he had just been moved into. It was an inexplicable moment of indecision. 

No doubt Clare sold the jerseys, but the goalkeepers role in that indecision fiasco is being brushed over... 

Clare was poor yesterday. However, the only position he looks comfortable is in an attacking central position. I maintain he has something and will go on to have a decent career. I hope part of that is with us. 

He's not a right midfielder. 

And he's definitely not right back. 

The managers handling of Clare off and on the pitch has shredded the confidence of a raw, promising and relatively inexperienced player, and also created a scapegoat for the fans... 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, blairdin said:

No doubt Clare sold the jerseys, but the goalkeepers role in that indecision fiasco is being brushed over... 

Clare was poor yesterday. However, the only position he looks comfortable is in an attacking central position. I maintain he has something and will go on to have a decent career. I hope part of that is with us. 

The managers handling of Clare off and on the pitch has shredded the confidence of a raw, promising and relatively inexperienced player, and also created a scapegoat for the fans... 

Let's accept your hypothesis that he is a CAM.

In that case, when Naismith got injured last season did Levein not play him there? Why did he sign Walker this season to play that role? In other words, Levein never signed him to play that role because he never played that role before.

1 minute ago, blairdin said:

I agree that Doyle also seemed to play an important role. He is ****ing awful. While I don’t rate Zamal, he’s clearly better than Doyle. Yet more horrendous man management has resulted in Doyle being our current starter.

Not sure I agree that Clare is a scapegoat. He generates much discussion because of the fact he’s a guaranteed starter in one if the worst Hearts teams in living memory, we “broke the budget” to sign him, he’s regularly talked up by our manager and himself, and on here, he been declared a “future legend” and was the subject of multiple, bizarrely smug “ I told you so” posts after one good game. 

He's just dreadful. Spends more time falling about on his arse than on his feet. Adds nothing to the team at all. Some people call him a luxury player, for that to be true he'd actually have the odd good game with moments of brilliance.

Total coward of a footballer. Embarrassing stuff. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, RedStarRiot said:

To be fair nobody is really performing for Levein.

It would be interesting to see what another manager could get out of this squad.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Let's accept your hypothesis that he is a CAM.

In that case, when Naismith got injured last season did Levein not play him there? Why did he sign Walker this season to play that role? In other words, Levein never signed him to play that role because he never played that role before.

Clare had played a handful of first team games for Shef We'd before we signed him. That's all. 

I think he'll develop into a decent attacking player. Levein screwed up by believing Clare was and portraying him as something closer to the finished article, and continues to screw up by hanging him out to dry on the pitch. I still think Clare has something. He has a natural ability in the ball to glide past players. However, the first team isn't the place to learn on the job how to develop positional awareness and tactical nous.

Walker was signed to give us width. 

Just now, blairdin said:

Clare had played a handful of first team games for Shef We'd before we signed him. That's all. 

I think he'll develop into a decent attacking player. Levein screwed up by believing Clare was and portraying him as something closer to the finished article, and continues to screw up by hanging him out to dry on the pitch. I still think Clare has something. He has a natural ability in the ball to glide past players. However, the first team isn't the place to learn on the job how to develop positional awareness and tactical nous.

If Walker was signed to give us with, yet more evidence of cluelessness. With his loss of pace, he’s never a wide player now. He can do a good job behind the striker, though. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, blairdin said:

Last sentence first - if that was true that was an incredibly bad decision!

I agree that he was nowhere near the finished article. Equally, spending money on transfer fees for players like that is chronic mismanagement.

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It would be interesting to see what another manager could get out of this squad.

Yip.

The squad of players we have just need someone who can Instil confidence and the rest would fit into place. Everyone in that dug out is culpable.

Edited by Boab

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, RedStarRiot said:

To be fair nobody is really performing for Levein. Maybe a different manager can unlock this supposed potential. 

I'd reverse your first sentence and say the manager isn't performing for the players. It doesn't matter what he signs them as, he then tries to mould them into a predominantly defence orientated side. You could use Harry Cochrane as a prime example, rather than focusing on Clare. When Harry first came into the side we saw a youngster who got the ball, wanted to turn and get it forward and looked a great prospect. But that isn't the sort of player that fits into a defence minded background and his game suffered, he lost confidence and is now out on loan.

I wouldn't criticise Clare too much for yesterday, I'd guess that was possibly the first time he has been asked to play right back. Yes he contributed to their third goal, as all it needed was to play it out of the park. But again you have to think that as he isn't a defender he doesn't have the mentality of a defender either. He was looking for the keeper to come a long way and deal with it rather than deal with it himself.

Edited by portobellojambo1

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd reverse your first sentence and say the manager isn't performing for the players. It doesn't matter what he signs them as, he then tries to mould them into a predominantly defence orientated side. You could use Harry Cochrane as a prime example, rather than focusing on Clare. When Harry first came into the side we saw a youngster who got the ball, wanted to turn and get it forward and looked a great prospect. But that isn't the sort of player that fits into a defence minded background and his game suffered, he lost confidence and is now out on loan.

I wouldn't criticise Clare too much for yesterday, I'd guess that was possibly the first time he has been asked to play right back. Yes he contributed to their third goal, as all it need was to play it out of the park. But again you have to think that as he isn't a defender he doesn't have the mentality of a defender either. He was looking for the keeper to come a long way and deal with it rather than deal with it himself.

Bang on the money. He is doing more damage to the players, the longer he stays. I’ve seen Clare deep and he done well in that position. Can’t remember the game though.

It’s as plain as day that they are low in confidence. Shocking it’s been allowed to carry on as long as this.

The players don’t like Sean Clare. Apparently due to his higher wages and lack of input. He keeps himself to himself and doesn’t mix with other players. 

Edited by JamboSpur

I tell you this - when we finally get a new Manager the first thing he will do is punt Levein’s love child!!!

25 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Last sentence first - if that was true that was an incredibly bad decision!

I agree that he was nowhere near the finished article. Equally, spending money on transfer fees for players like that is chronic mismanagement.

Couldn't agree more. 

I can see that Clare has ability, but I’ve yet to see evidence that he is capable of using it to any great effect. He is far too casual on the park, and yes, despite what others say, he is lazy at times. Still no idea what his best position is either.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Tell you what only him, Whelan and the Ryo showed for the football.

What are you on about? Damour made a difference when he came on. No one had more possession than him in the second half.

pettigrewsstylist

People trying to give Sean Clare a pass for the last yr of rubbish and blame Levein for it are deluded.

He has the heart of a mouse and no business at this club.

Ricardo Shillyshally
15 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I can see that Clare has ability, but I’ve yet to see evidence that he is capable of using it to any great effect. He is far too casual on the park, and yes, despite what others say, he is lazy at times. Still no idea what his best position is either.

Spot on.

Re his position, at least we all know he's not a right back. 

A_A wehatethehibs

To be fair, the last time he had a good game, we won. 6 months ago vs Aberdeen 

Think that actually probably goes down as his only good game in maroon 

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I seldom criticise a Hearts player because I think it's counter productive but I have to say I am getting the impression Clare is undroppable.

Firstly I wouldn't even have him in the team but secondlly with Smith on the bench when Brandon came off (forwhatever reason) surely that was the move to make.  If CL felt Smith wasn't up to it, why was he on the bench?

Glad you have seen the light Al.....😉

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

To be fair, the last time he had a good game, we won. 6 months ago vs Aberdeen 

Think that actually probably goes down as his only good game in maroon 

We saw a glimpse of what he can do when he scored that wonderful goal away to Killie, I think, last season. 

That’s all we ever see though, glimpses.

MarkDevriesScores4

Send him out on loan to a club more at his level. Highland league or something. 

This, like Craig Wighton, is a vanity project for Levein. Nothing more. Drops players who have an off game yet Clare has 40 off games and is still the first name on the team sheet. 

He’s utter garbage. It’s a shame that of all the players picking up injuries, Clare is not one of them.

I would give every hearts player a chance once we get or if we ever do get a new manager as I think there is a player in Clare but levein can’t find it due is hoofball. 

All the time that we have been bad has coincided with Sean Clare being in the team. We started last season great, then we signed Sean Clare but mercifully he didn't play and we kept winning, then he got in the team and the losing started.

If he plays it has to be the number 10 role, at least then he feels involved and he doesn't have defensive responsibilities. However, we always have a surplus of players in that role so accommodating one luxury player puts others out of position. Playing him wide, he is an empty shirt, playing him at fullback was always going to be a disaster, the least suitable player you can imagine for that position.

Craig Levein could save his job easily, just stop picking Sean Clare, tell him to just not bother coming in, performances would improve immediately.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Clare was our best player in the first half against Hamilton. When Ryo came on he was shifted out wide and disappeared from the game. On Saturday he was a cluster**** 

The Old Tolbooth
41 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

He is this regimes Miko (although Miko was 100× better) 

Right now, Miko would be one of our best players! 

On 15/09/2019 at 10:45, amadjambo said:

Spot on, player in there somewhere.  We won't see it at Hearts though, he's been burned.

been here before
1 hour ago, euan 10 said:

I would give every hearts player a chance once we get or if we ever do get a new manager as I think there is a player in Clare but levein can’t find it due is hoofball. 

4 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Spot on, player in there somewhere.  We won't see it at Hearts though, he's been burned.

Yeahhhhhh... 👏

Been a while since one then two come along together.

Edited by been here before

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Yeahhhhhh... 👏

:lol: 

Question is though, is he a ‘baller’?

Diadora Van Basten
52 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Clare was our best player in the first half against Hamilton. When Ryo came on he was shifted out wide and disappeared from the game. On Saturday he was a cluster**** 

He sold the jerseys v Hamilton with his defending at the second.

Not comparable to Miko at all. If Clare had half the heart, skill and work rate as Miko we'd probably like him a little more. 

Saturday was it for me. Ive really wanted him to do well, but I cant be doing with weak willed players, even more so when we really need fighters in the team.

He should be nowhere near the 1st 11 at the derby.

48 minutes ago, been here before said:

Yeahhhhhh... 👏

Clare does show glimpses of his talent though. Just a pity these are few and far between. 

Suspect Clare, and the rest of our squad, would perform better under new management. Whether that would still be good enough remains to be seen.

Don’t see Clare performing at all under the proposed new manager if FB rumours mentioned on another thread are true. It’s safe to say that Neil McCann isn’t a Sean Clare fan.

1 minute ago, JamboSpur said:

Game changer taking him off, shows you what possible if he doesn’t start.

happy for him to be loaned out to Cowdenbeath.

We went to playing with 11 men when Morrison came on!

It seems to me that the fans would cut Levein more slack if he stopped playing that waster game after game!!

An absolute imposter, offers nothing we improved with him going off which says it all....

Clare is a great five a side player.   Want him in my team but for the real professional game...........you are having a laugh.  

Gave him a chance but really more than happy he’s had his chance and he can go now, hopefully Levein will be of the same opinion.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it duznay.

Let’s save a big wage and get him tae F

Couple of shots of Craig second half and Clare is sitting behind him staring into space not even watching???

I may be wrong but didn't look interested in the slightest.

Taking him off changed the game

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

No emotion at Hearts goals, arsehole of the highest order

Harsh, he looked like a kid at Xmas sitting on the bench.

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

No emotion at Hearts goals, arsehole of the highest order

Not true - fist pump on the bench after the equaliser. 

Saw another couple of posts on the match thread talking about how miserable he looked on the bench - you can guarantee if he was looking relaxed or smiling folk would be having a go at him for that too. 

He wasn't great today but no more ineffective than Mulraney or Damour before he came off. Get the impression some people will never like him.