Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, Locky said:

The younger crowd are a lot more venomous in their hatred for us. For what reasons, I don't know why.

Hibs younger fans lived through the 'Hibsed it' era.

12 in a row derby run, 2012 Cup final thrashing, 2013 Cup final pumping, getting relegated against all the odds in a play off, 3 years in the Championship with 2 play off failures, Ross County cup defeat........ It would have been a horrific time for any football fan.

They eventually got promoted and won the Scottish Cup but they have struggled to change their extremely bitter mindset.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haringshairband
8 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

The question is does fan ownership work.

The real question is what is it like living in Lochend?

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

We will both be the same as what we are both teams will by living within there means.

I would have thought so. All depends whether this chap wants to try and push some money in to the team, I suppose.

We will have us/FoH as our owners, and we will be putting in £1m+ a season, and benefiting from the investment in infrastructure improving our profits.

Hibs will be living within their means, minus FoH money. It will come down to whether or not this guy wants to match FoH's cash injections.

queensferryjambo
6 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

We have to build 3 new stands to get the pitch up to standard.  105 x 68m  It will be law for top flight football.

Hmmmmmmmmm 

:rattus:

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

We have to build 3 new stands to get the pitch up to standard.  105 x 68m  It will be law for top flight football.

In a direct reply to you I've already explained why we don't need to worry about the pitch size, the same reason that liverpool and Chelsea don't need to worry about it - we played at these sites long before any regulations so we're grandfathered in.

I'm calling shenanigans, you're at it.

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

So... It will all come down to how much he is willing to put in. If the quoted figure of £6m initial is to be believed, then £3m of that (conservative) goes to paying Tom for his shares. £1-2m for the training ground upgrades? That's the bulk of the initial outlay gone.

The statement says they are debt free, so some (50%) of the rumoured £6m has gone to that, plus the purchase price of the shares from STF. That might be the full £6m gone already. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Since it is the vermin we are talking about, can we dub this boy Ronald Rat?

Who cares.  It's Hibs.  Tried and failed to copy us with a fan ownership.  They will bob along in our shadow as always.

johnking123

Does not effect us. It's up to our team to get it right on the pitch. The money will flood in and financially will be a head of them. That will allow better players to come to us.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

In a direct reply to you I've already explained why we don't need to worry about the pitch size, the same reason that liverpool and Chelsea don't need to worry about it - we played at these sites long before any regulations so we're grandfathered in.

I'm calling shenanigans, you're at it.

Same as you don't have to rip out your windows or demolish your walls when building regulations change. Just apply to new buildings. 

Scnorthedinburgh
1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

The statement says they are debt free, so some (50%) of the rumoured £6m has gone to that, plus the purchase price of the shares from STF. That might be the full £6m gone already. 

Also 6 mill doesn't go far, look at the wedge Vlad threw at us.

queensferryjambo
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Since it is the vermin we are talking about, can we dub this boy Ronald Rat?

Gordon the Gopher :)

Leveins Battalion

Can see big Ron flying over to take in Hamilton away on a wet December night right enough.

It should have been ten
10 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Hibs younger fans lived through the 'Hibsed it' era.

12 in a row derby run, 2012 Cup final thrashing, 2013 Cup final pumping, getting relegated against all the odds in a play off, 3 years in the Championship with 2 play off failures, Ross County cup defeat........ It would have been a horrific time for any football fan.

They eventually got promoted and won the Scottish Cup but they have struggled to change their extremely bitter mindset.

In a nutshell 

Ron Burgundy

Hope he turns out to be as dodgy as a £3 note and buries them.

That would be the sweetest karma.

kingantti1874

Seems good on the surface, American owners though tend to be in it for the money they can make as opposed to a desperation to see the club progress.. 

i can’t think of any American owners who don’t fit into that mould, Kroenke, the glazers. The boys at Dundee.. 

i wouldn’t swap positions, we are debt free, have a far bigger income and tax free donations worth £1.4m pa.. 

Should keep things interesting.

If this does push hibs to the next level and competing at the top end that could be interesting times for Scottish football. 

A club with the potential hibs have should be up there after all. For all we take the piss both us and Hibs should be able to rip the league apart outside the OF.

With us continuing to try and push those boundaries and Aberdeen ever present in recent times Scottish football could be a very entertaining product in the near future.

I like that. Especially if we get a decent bit of TV investment as a result.  

queensferryjambo

SKY Sports doing some top punditry right now about Aberdeen apparently getting a cash injection for their new manager Paul Heckingbottom from US investors them moved swiftly on to Rangers new signings :)

Edited by queensferryjambo

Unknown user

The best hibs related quote I've read on here:

"I like my vermin confident"

****ing bring them on!

21 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

Any plans to elaborate on this, Jules?

Placid Casual
23 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

Not true, grandfathered. UEFA regulations are a good read...

https://tinyurl.com/215091

30 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

The question is does fan ownership work.

The bigger one is, how are you still here?

loveofthegame
28 minutes ago, Locky said:

My opinion on today's news is fair enough, it's hardly a billion pound takeover by some mental rich tycoon. It's a retired businessman, who has put a careful amount into the club. His idea is to surely turn Hibs into a sustainable club with a sound business model, something they haven't done for years. The £6 million or whatever has been paid in, has offset the mortgage, and the rest will be put into the infrastructure of the club, with maybe a small portion towards Heckingbottom's budget should he have targets in mind.

Much ado about nothing I think, and I can't wait to see the club continue to Hibs everything in sight while fans get raging because Mr Deeds hasn't pumped the millions into the club that they think he's promised. :)

Pretty much exactly how I see it. Let them get excited, that is normal. I doubt they'll be toppling their big cousins anytime soon.

Pants Shaton
53 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

A Peruvian school that you attended ?

Ron and I used to wolf down the marmalade sandwiches and wax lyrical about the exploits of Busby and Ford - great days.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

The bigger one is, how are you still here?

Seconded, jambo my hole

4 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Not true, grandfathered. UEFA regulations are a good read...

https://tinyurl.com/215091

Correct, good find

51 minutes ago, been here before said:

I wonder if the board will be looking to diversify into bars, hotels, restaurants and the like.

? That would be a rather DUFF investment  imo.

If you read into his business background there is no way he’s going to squander millions to try and win league titles. 

Good luck to them. 

Doubt he'll put any more per annum into Hibs as FOH puts into Hearts. Only difference is that they're relying on one punter not to pull the plug, we have c.8k who never will. 

Had a look at their thread and it's just as much about snarling at Hearts as it is excitement about Hibs. 

Glamorgan Jambo

America has its fair share of successful immigrant entrepreneurs whose back story on their affairs and experience prior to arrival doesn't stand up to any scrutiny at all. Not saying this guy is a Gus Fring (from Breaking Bad) type but you'd have to ask yourself why Scottish football, why Hibs etc etc.

I've no doubt the guys that examined Vlad's background and affairs in such forensic detail will be on the case. They will be won't they???

Unknown user
Just now, martoon said:

Doubt he'll put any more per annum into Hibs as FOH puts into Hearts. Only difference is that they're relying on one punter not to pull the plug, we have c.8k who never will. 

Had a look at their entire existence and it's just as much about snarling at Hearts as it is excitement about Hibs. 

FTFY :thumbsup:

It should have been ten

Hibs fans having delusions of grandeur. 

Sure they think they’ll be entering a bidding war with Man Utd to buy McGinn back with the McGinn money ??‍♂️

Gavsy Van Gaverson
1 hour ago, maroonedinoz said:

That seems to be at odds with his bio, which states he was born in Peru...and actually educated in...Sydney!

??

Perth to Paisley

Getting a bit narked about this 8k FoH members number often quoted... As a contributor I would be more than happy if that number went up as I am sure that it could if some gave up 2_3 pints per month and didn't rely on others continuing. I appreciate not everybody's circs allow them to contribute, and that's fine ... but come on, we are all in this together.

#PledgeForLife

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Gutted my first post on here is on a Hibs thread but this is a belter:

He owns his own bank....? What could possibly go wrong

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Gutted my first post on here is on a Hibs thread but this is a belter:

He owns his own bank....? What could possibly go wrong

Where have we heard that before ??

15 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

Best news for Hibs in decades and they are still obsessed with us ???

Screenshot_20190702_131524_com.android.chrome.jpg

"HeartsAreSpeawing" 

Never speawed in my puff. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The only thing I am vaguely annoyed about here is that they will no doubt get a season ticket spike from this - look at what happened with Romanov.

I think this just means that we all need to pull together more now and get behind the team - let's ignore issues around Levein if we can.

I don't think it will make a huge difference to them in real terms but if we supported those vermin we'd be pretty chuffed today. I wonder if the new owner will be hands on or off - he is still involved in at least 2 ventures in America. I have experience of working for an American company and know other's that work for American owned companies and basically they can be real dicks to work for and micro manage things to death. If he isnt going to base himself here no doubt he will put an American in place to be his proxy. I have never seen an American run business not have at least one American in the building

Anyway, we are in a good place ourselves. Things could be better on the pitch. But there does appear to be a solid base to build on.

Worst case scenario is that a team other than Rangers and Celtic will only ever win the league if there is more than one team chasing them down and taking points off them

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The only thing I am vaguely annoyed about here is that they will no doubt get a season ticket spike from this - look at what happened with Romanov.

I think this just means that we all need to pull together more now and get behind the team - let's ignore issues around Levein if we can.

I don't think it will make a huge difference to them in real terms but if we supported those vermin we'd be pretty chuffed today. I wonder if the new owner will be hands on or off - he is still involved in at least 2 ventures in America. I have experience of working for an American company and know other's that work for American owned companies and basically they can be real dicks to work for and micro manage things to death. If he isnt going to base himself here no doubt he will put an American in place to be his proxy. I have never seen an American run business not have at least one American in the building

Anyway, we are in a good place ourselves. Things could be better on the pitch. But there does appear to be a solid base to build on.

Worst case scenario is that a team other than Rangers and Celtic will only ever win the league if there is more than one team chasing them down and taking points off them

Do you have much experience of Peruvian business owners and how they operate? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Do you have much experience of Peruvian business owners and how they operate? 

Haha - good point

He was educated at Uni/College in the US and has spent his whole career in the US, so I would imagine his "go to" management style would be more US than not.

If he was a Peruvian business man that had stayed in Peru I doubt he would be at Hibs now.

You might be right though - good point.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This place is weird,slate Hearts your a Hibs fan then slate Hibs and your "jealous"??

People are trying to act like it's a great thing to avoid coming off as jealous imo. They don't want to seem like there's a fuss to be made.

The point I was making was Hibs tore into us about having a foreign Chairman who didn't play on a "level field" but are now creaming themselves over it (and rightly so). 

This is a big deal, for me at least. At the moment I don't feel like Hearts are in the best hands for our on the field side. Off the field yes Budge is a masterclass and saved the club. I am not saying by any means that Hibs are going to be in any better state on or off the field as that is yet to be seen, I am just pointing out that Budge is happy with making money out of stuff that goes on off the field, and I just hope we don't fall away any further from the top 4 while the other clubs go spending money on players.

Don’t know if this is good or bad for Hibs. Don’t care that much either. I think it’s highly unlikely they will suddenly have huge amounts of spare cash to spend, so it’s business as usual.