Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

On 05/07/2019 at 14:12, davemclaren said:

Be interesting ti get HSL’s take on this as their plans have just turned to dust, it would seem. 

Their "plans" were never going to deliver anyway. Ron has just put a kind bullet to the head of HSL. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The .net thread is interesting.  Not quite tears and snotters just yet but the hankies are oot.

On 06/07/2019 at 04:50, Rudy T said:

So effectively once that’s spent he’ll need to put his own money in? 

So the reality is they are the same hibs just a different owner, with only money generated by the club used for the team etc.

I still don’t understand why he’s bought them, there’s zero financial gain if they are to remain as is. Seems like a lot of cash for a hobby and a long way from home.

He'll patronize them for a couple of years then move them to a tin shed outside Edinburgh sell Fester Road for millions then piss off back to the states crowds dwindle even more hobos drop down the leagues then die Job Done.

.net "It's fine if we can't buy any more shares because combined us fans have 33% shareholding already anyway."

Now throwing in random companies who nobodies knows is at the helm with millions of shares into their HSL pot.

Edited by hughesie27

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

.net "It's fine if we can't buy any more shares because combined us fans have 33% shareholding already anyway."

Now throwing in random companies who nobodies knows is at the helm with millions of shares into their HSL pot.

Also ignoring the possibility of further share issues to take him to 75% under the umbrella of the 'investment' facility he has set up

It' still a case of 'could be' good news but as with any non-fan owned model you're only as safe as your owner's need for cash

Sparkymarky1874

Genuine question. What does this make hibs worth? In cash terms I mean not in paranoia terms. Because we all know theyre priceless when it comes to that 😆

Bazzas right boot
On 05/07/2019 at 12:28, Icon of Symmetry said:

I actually think our rivalry is easily as hate-filled as the OF one. The unique history of the two clubs has made it extremely bitter. How many other rivalries have a failed takeover bid, an attempt by fans to actively kill off their rival, total domination by one side and two cup humiliations? I think many Hearts supporters underestimate the feelings of hatred they have towards Hearts. They might not always show it, but for the vast majority of them, it is just under the surface.

On match day, yes. Quite easily. 

However, it does not transcend into our culture, politics and our affect our daily lifes in any way near as much as rangers/ celtic. 

I've heard numerous rangers fans say they'd never date a Catholic for example. 

Our rivalry is based generally on football and that is the difference. 

We'd also do not wear football tops on holiday at every opportunity 😂

In fact, the Edinburgh hibs or Hearts fan is a different class of fan compared to the OF in almost every way. 

However, on match day it is how it should be, hatred, banter and rivalry. 

Soapy Soutar
7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

On match day, yes. Quite easily. 

However, it does not transcend into our culture, politics and our affect our daily lifes in any way near as much as rangers/ celtic. 

I've heard numerous rangers fans say they'd never date a Catholic for example. 

Our rivalry is based generally on football and that is the difference. 

We'd also do not wear football tops on holiday at every opportunity 😂

In fact, the Edinburgh hibs or Hearts fan is a different class of fan compared to the OF in almost every way. 

However, on match day it is how it should be, hatred, banter and rivalry. 

Hearts fans are a class above all

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Soapy Soutar said:

Hearts fans are a class above all

Ofc, goes without saying. 👍

41 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

These are the kicker. All very suspicious these. 🤔

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Sparkymarky1874 said:

Genuine question. What does this make hibs worth? In cash terms I mean not in paranoia terms. Because we all know theyre priceless when it comes to that 😆

Haribo. 2 bags of.

...a bit disco
19 minutes ago, Sparkymarky1874 said:

Share size or individual? 

Sheesh!

Individual, of course!

:thumbsup:

scott herbertson
32 minutes ago, Sparkymarky1874 said:

Share size or individual? 

Has to be individual

Hibs shares are worthless

Sparkymarky1874

I've got a few left over from my daughters 8th birthday. Might invest in a up and coming football club with fantastic prospects...........or I might just eat them and not bother 😆

Today 11:23 AM#123
Coaching Staff

This might seem a daft question but if “we” hold enough shares to kybosh anything we choose, how come “we” weren’t consulted over the sale? 

Presumably that means Big Ron could punt us on to whoever he wants, whenever he wants?M

Maybe starting to sink in for 1 or 2.

16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:
Coaching Staff

This might seem a daft question but if “we” hold enough shares to kybosh anything we choose, how come “we” weren’t consulted over the sale? 

Presumably that means Big Ron could punt us on to whoever he wants, whenever he wants?M

A dim bulb brightens.

5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:
Coaching Staff

Getting a wee bit heated over by today... the penny has dropped STF flogged the shit show and forgot to mention HSL or even better he did pissed himself laughing and sold anyway!

21 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Getting a wee bit heated over by today... the penny has dropped STF flogged the shit show and forgot to mention HSL or even better he did pissed himself laughing and sold anyway!

Their HSL thread is becoming increasingly comedy gold. Some meeting last night seems to have some of them scurrying about their wee boxes as the penny is beginning to drop.

Hoping the next few years become ever painful for them as reality sets in

22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If this was us, how would we feel?

Sick in my case.

Thankfully we won’t experience it again. We can just get the popcorn out and enjoy HibsTV 😂😂

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Their HSL thread is becoming increasingly comedy gold. Some meeting last night seems to have some of them scurrying about their wee boxes as the penny is beginning to drop.

Hoping the next few years become ever painful for them as reality sets in

Seems he pitch up at some supporters club meeting, was probably asked about HSL and told them he’d never heard of it.

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Seems he pitch up at some supporters club meeting, was probably asked about HSL and told them he’d never heard of it.

:greggy:   Told them in not so many words that their shitey efforts were in vain and mean nothing now. Tick Tock wee team. Tick Tock.

Edited by 1971fozzy

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

:greggy:   Told them in not so many words that their shitey efforts were in vain and mean nothing now. Tick Tock wee team. Tick Tock.

I can visualise the meeting, big Rod Petrie laughing his tits off telling Ron about their pitiful attempts but every thing they did raise the club used saving him and STF a fortune safe in the knowledge they’d never reach their target... then telling him the city rivals fans were pumping millions into their club safe in the knowledge the club will be theirs in the near future. Rod lighting another cigar and regaling the tales of how he’s ripped the piss out the fans for years relegations the lot but they’re too shite a support to ever muster enough of a shit to get rid of him! Ron finishing the meeting with so your sure for 6 mil I get 20 million quids worth of Edinburgh real estate..... Big Rod assuring that was the case while pushing the contract over the desk!

17 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I can visualise the meeting, big Rod Petrie laughing his tits off telling Ron about their pitiful attempts but every thing they did raise the club used saving him and STF a fortune safe in the knowledge they’d never reach their target... then telling him the city rivals fans were pumping millions into their club safe in the knowledge the club will be theirs in the near future. Rod lighting another cigar and regaling the tales of how he’s ripped the piss out the fans for years relegations the lot but they’re too shite a support to ever muster enough of a shit to get rid of him! Ron finishing the meeting with so your sure for 6 mil I get 20 million quids worth of Edinburgh real estate..... Big Rod assuring that was the case while pushing the contract over the desk!

A beautifully put scenario

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

On 05/07/2019 at 10:28, Icon of Symmetry said:

I actually think our rivalry is easily as hate-filled as the OF one. The unique history of the two clubs has made it extremely bitter. How many other rivalries have a failed takeover bid, an attempt by fans to actively kill off their rival, total domination by one side and two cup humiliations? I think many Hearts supporters underestimate the feelings of hatred they have towards Hearts. They might not always show it, but for the vast majority of them, it is just under the surface.

I'd be disappointed if it wasn't. I know it is in my circles...and household 😁

56 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

"They thought they would own the club..."

giphy.gif

Still nothing sent out by HSL despite last nights assurances. A carefully worded letter being debated over as we speak to limit the damage that a few 100 Hobos have sent their cash into a pipe dream?

Wonder if the secret shareholders are actually Jambos. Bizarre that NOBODY knows.

Guest ToqueJambo
54 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Did Rod Petrie actually leave with money, ie made a profit from selling? That would really piss me off if I was a Hibs fan, on top of him using Hibs to gain a comfortable, highly-paid (I assume) SFA position.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did Rod Petrie actually leave with money, ie made a profit from selling? That would really piss me off if I was a Hibs fan, on top of him using Hibs to gain a comfortable, highly-paid (I assume) SFA position.

He had shares so I’m guessing he did!

16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Still nothing sent out by HSL despite last nights assurances. A carefully worded letter being debated over as we speak to limit the damage that a few 100 Hobos have sent their cash into a pipe dream?

Wonder if the secret shareholders are actually Jambos. Bizarre that NOBODY knows.

Still putting money on this being Petrie et al's method to ensure that, in the ridiculously far-fetched idea that Hibs fans would stop abusing their concessionary season tickets for long enough to actually put proper money into their club and buy up the shares, they never actually gained control.

Not that it matters now that those who did chuck in their hard-earned dole money have been shafted anyway!!

Statement released...they’re no getting their seat on the board and their shares aren’t worth a sook is pretty much the summary! .net lockdown in 3....2..1

...a bit disco
12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Statement released...they’re no getting their seat on the board and their shares aren’t worth a sook is pretty much the summary! .net lockdown in 3....2..1

As promised, I am writing today to provide an update following the recent acquisition of the majority shareholding in our Club by Bydand Sports LLC (Mr Ron Gordon).

Following on from our earlier note, Members of the Hibernian Supporters Board met Mr Gordon on Monday, which was our earliest opportunity to meet, to welcome his investment in the Club and to hear his plans for the future development of Hibernian. This meeting was very cordial and helpful to both Hibernian Supporters and the new principal shareholder and enabled both parties to understand the history of Hibernian Supporters Ltd, its aims and intentions. Mr Gordon was very positive about the contribution that we have made since our inception and saw that as the single biggest minority shareholding in the Club, we have a role going forward. He reiterated his intention to work positively with fellow shareholders and stakeholders.

Members, and continuing contributors to Hibernian Supporters, will be comforted to know that it purchased shares that were available to buy immediately prior to the transaction between H F C Holdings and Mr Gordon as per our subscription agreement, however, that following the transaction no more shares are available to purchase directly from the Club. Money that has been collected since this time is held within our bank account and has not been transferred to the Club.

The full Board of Hibernian Supporters will meet on Monday, 15th July 2019 to discuss the way ahead and we have agreed to continue our dialogue with Ron and the Club and we anticipate meeting again next week.

Hibernian Supporters has made an important contribution to Hibernian over the last 4 years and can continue to do so to ensure the Club continues its progress and competes at the highest level in football. It has endured negativity, however, it has been clear in its intent to support the Club despite this, and will intend to do so moving forward. 

The Club has a new owner who has passion, ambition and a vision for Hibernian’s development in the future. He met with members of Hibernian Supporters Association on Wednesday evening and he talked about his 90 day and 6-month plans that are being developed currently. 

Whilst the Board of Hibernian Supporters understand that supporters want clarity instantly, it is important that we carefully consider what we have been told in our meetings with the new owner, take account of what all our members views are and develop our plans properly. The first steps in this process have happened and will continue with our Board meeting on Monday and with the continued discussions with Ron.

It is understandable that change brings with it uncertainty but we should not allow rumour and speculation to fill the temporary void created. One of the things we believe as your Directors we have enjoyed over the past few years is your trust. We have worked hard to earn this and we will continue to progress in accordance with our objectives and our Articles. Can I please once again ask for your patience.

Can I leave you with some simple facts which we believe is positive news for Hibernian Supporters.

Since the announcement last week Hibernian Supporters have increased our Membership, increased our shareholding in the Club as a result of share donations and indeed only today received further pledges of over 250,000 shares in the Club from private shareholders. Can we also help some of our fellow Members and supporters who have been forensically examining shareholdings by confirming that we have received a number of share donations over the years and this will help to explain the very minor discrepancies in calculations that are drawn only from public information.

James Adie
Chairman

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

As promised, I am writing today to provide an update following the recent acquisition of the majority shareholding in our Club by Bydand Sports LLC (Mr Ron Gordon).

Following on from our earlier note, Members of the Hibernian Supporters Board met Mr Gordon on Monday, which was our earliest opportunity to meet, to welcome his investment in the Club and to hear his plans for the future development of Hibernian. This meeting was very cordial and helpful to both Hibernian Supporters and the new principal shareholder and enabled both parties to understand the history of Hibernian Supporters Ltd, its aims and intentions. Mr Gordon was very positive about the contribution that we have made since our inception and saw that as the single biggest minority shareholding in the Club, we have a role going forward. He reiterated his intention to work positively with fellow shareholders and stakeholders.

Members, and continuing contributors to Hibernian Supporters, will be comforted to know that it purchased shares that were available to buy immediately prior to the transaction between H F C Holdings and Mr Gordon as per our subscription agreement, however, that following the transaction no more shares are available to purchase directly from the Club. Money that has been collected since this time is held within our bank account and has not been transferred to the Club.

The full Board of Hibernian Supporters will meet on Monday, 15th July 2019 to discuss the way ahead and we have agreed to continue our dialogue with Ron and the Club and we anticipate meeting again next week.

Hibernian Supporters has made an important contribution to Hibernian over the last 4 years and can continue to do so to ensure the Club continues its progress and competes at the highest level in football. It has endured negativity, however, it has been clear in its intent to support the Club despite this, and will intend to do so moving forward. 

The Club has a new owner who has passion, ambition and a vision for Hibernian’s development in the future. He met with members of Hibernian Supporters Association on Wednesday evening and he talked about his 90 day and 6-month plans that are being developed currently. 

Whilst the Board of Hibernian Supporters understand that supporters want clarity instantly, it is important that we carefully consider what we have been told in our meetings with the new owner, take account of what all our members views are and develop our plans properly. The first steps in this process have happened and will continue with our Board meeting on Monday and with the continued discussions with Ron.

It is understandable that change brings with it uncertainty but we should not allow rumour and speculation to fill the temporary void created. One of the things we believe as your Directors we have enjoyed over the past few years is your trust. We have worked hard to earn this and we will continue to progress in accordance with our objectives and our Articles. Can I please once again ask for your patience.

Can I leave you with some simple facts which we believe is positive news for Hibernian Supporters.

Since the announcement last week Hibernian Supporters have increased our Membership, increased our shareholding in the Club as a result of share donations and indeed only today received further pledges of over 250,000 shares in the Club from private shareholders. Can we also help some of our fellow Members and supporters who have been forensically examining shareholdings by confirming that we have received a number of share donations over the years and this will help to explain the very minor discrepancies in calculations that are drawn only from public information.

James Adie
Chairman

Basically no more shares to buy. Ron agreed to nothing. DDs still being taken and held in a bank account... is Romanov running this HSL lark😀

better_call_saul

What’s funny about those muppets over on .net is that they are all riding their hopes on Farmer and Tash doing their due diligence checks on the Peruvian. 

So if this boy does turn out to be a complete charlatan, each and everyone connected to the club has been well and truly shafted. I’m giddy at the thought. 

Dear Mr Gustas,

I am concerned and ashamed to learn that after a personal investment of 48p in HSL shares, a guy called Rocket Ron from the people’s Republic of America has bought our entire £20m prime Legoland real Estate for the cut price sum of £6m, thus rendering our substantial investment worthless.

This is a matter of the utmost urgency, & needs looking into.

I shall remain inside my sister as I eagerly await your reply.

Guest ToqueJambo
30 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Basically, HSL and those who have contributed have been shafted. Hopefully things will work out.

James Adie
Chairman

FTF James

6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

How much did the Hibs fans pay for their Monopoly money shares?

4 giros and a shot on their sister!

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Still putting money on this being Petrie et al's method to ensure that, in the ridiculously far-fetched idea that Hibs fans would stop abusing their concessionary season tickets for long enough to actually put proper money into their club and buy up the shares, they never actually gained control.

Not that it matters now that those who did chuck in their hard-earned dole money have been shafted anyway!!

810E36D9-2174-4E61-A5FC-DB7EB0E74CE5.jpeg