Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Filling in the corners with what? Student flats?

Tesco Express complete with pharmacy :D

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gorgie rd eh11

Why does a guy with no connection become involved? What’s his motivation?

They’re a shower of hypocritical a^^^^^^^s with their head buried deep in he sand.

I look forward to sending my emails.

Tick tock.

Got to say most hibees I've spoken to are unsure.

It is funny when they say at least its cleared the debt.

Isn't this new guy charging 4% ?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, jake said:

Got to say most hibees I've spoken to are unsure.

It is funny when they say at least its cleared the debt.

Isn't this new guy charging 4% ?

Not yet. 

10 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Why does a guy with no connection become involved? What’s his motivation?

They’re a shower of hypocritical a^^^^^^^s with their head buried deep in he sand.

I look forward to sending my emails.

Tick tock.

That would be my main concern.   A soccerball fan from the US with no affinity or affection for Hibs.

Meh.  We'll see soon I guess.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Thats the best thread on there at the moment. The HSL question has started to raise its head and dissenting voices previous shouted down now seem to be getting slightly more creditability. Kickback is laughing its tits off should perhaps be the title.

HSL were not far off reaching the target of getting a board member at 20%, or even the meaningful vote at 25.1%.

It's interesting Farmer didn't make up that shortfall himself and effectively help safeguard the future that way. It wouldn't have involved a huge amount of money. Maybe he still will but I assume no-one wanted to fork out the money for the club without gaining complete control. 

I don't think there was ever a real appetite for fan ownership or even fan involvement at Hibs, certainly not from Farmer. If this had been Hearts talking about fan ownership and getting donations and then suddenly selling the club with no warning, we'd be on the receiving end of a lot of flak.

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

The Shan Giro in all it's resplendent glory.

State of it. :rofl:

Sticklebrick Arena. Thank **** we have a proper stadium.

5 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Thats the best thread on there at the moment. The HSL question has started to raise its head and dissenting voices previous shouted down now seem to be getting slightly more creditability. Kickback is laughing its tits off should perhaps be the title.

Exactly right.  I read the whole thing and there is increasing scepticism about the new messiah.

See Ron has now been pictured at Wimbledon with Hibs charasmatic tennis playing fan. Couldnt wait to be famous. Never saw Farmer or Petrie up to that kind of stunt. I think if i was a Hibs fan i would be fretting.

Poor Hibs 

Ron had come in and they've all jumped the gun assuming this big Rich American guy is gonna spend gazzilions on players 

3 days in and they've all realsied, actaully he is just an American Rod Petrie 

They hoped they got a Romanov who'd bring in world class players and would dominate us for years to come 

Pahahahahahahaahahahahahha 

They've Hibsed it again 

Allowayjambo1874
16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes for most circumstances. Its why FOH will end up with 75.1%.

He will probably have to make an offer for all other shares anyway to comply with TOP rules. Shareholders don't need to accept the offer though. 

If you don’t mind FF can I just recap the situation given the shareholder situation has changed.

He owns approximately 68% of shares.

He has to make an offer for all other shares as per TOP rules.

There are about 20 investment companies owning shares in Hibs with the largest 6 (Bass Rock, Edinburgh Investment, Hilton Park, Leith Walk, Redwood & Water of Leith) all owning 1.25m shares each.

No one seems to know who’s actually behind all these companies.

If he gains another 7% of shares he’s got total control and HSL, whilst a large shareholder, have zero input or say into anything. 

Effectively if 4 of the above named companies cash in with a couple of smaller ones that’s the situation that will occur? 

If that is correct I am not surprised that the fans that have put into HSL are wanting answers pronto. 

13 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Just been speaking to a member of the board. He's not at all worried and I quote "I don't understand all the excitement" by the announcement of Ron Gordon as the new Hibs owner. Our board feels the media are making far too much hype over his wealth. That the media outlets in Scotland have been reporting him as a US media tycoon which apparently is being laughed at by all of Hibs direct competitors in this league. Why? He sold his businesses for an estimated 75 million. However he also had to paid near 20 million in taxes. According to my source: he's worth no more than 50 million. Apparently the general consensus held by other SPL clubs is they don't understand the excitement/ fuss being made about Ron Gordon and that Hibs will continue to operate financially as they have done previously. They will not be spending the cash anytime soon. Especially not under their new owner. Unfortunately I cannot repeat any news regarding transfer ins AND outs. Other than we may hold out till the end of the window for a replacement for Djoum - in the hope to see if better options present themselves.

Basicallly they've even Hibsed a buy out 

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

C6C2FC95-17E5-41DD-8287-311DAA426F21.jpeg

10 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Wheres his banjo and wife/sister?

Just out of screenshot, ⬇️?

Footballfirst
54 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

If you don’t mind FF can I just recap the situation given the shareholder situation has changed.

He owns approximately 68% of shares.

He has to make an offer for all other shares as per TOP rules.

There are about 20 investment companies owning shares in Hibs with the largest 6 (Bass Rock, Edinburgh Investment, Hilton Park, Leith Walk, Redwood & Water of Leith) all owning 1.25m shares each.

No one seems to know who’s actually behind all these companies.

If he gains another 7% of shares he’s got total control and HSL, whilst a large shareholder, have zero input or say into anything. 

Effectively if 4 of the above named companies cash in with a couple of smaller ones that’s the situation that will occur? 

If that is correct I am not surprised that the fans that have put into HSL are wanting answers pronto. 

I think you've summed it up pretty well. That assumes what I think has happened is correct. We may get confirmation from Hibs or HSL fairly soon. 

Allowayjambo1874
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think you've summed it up pretty well. That assumes what I think has happened is correct. We may get confirmation from Hibs or HSL fairly soon. 

Thanks, if it plays out with him owning 75% of club I wonder what HSL will do. I guess he could allow them a representative on the board but it’ll be purely for show, he will be in full control. It feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth for fans that have paid in expecting some form of influence with the club.

Interesting times.

It should have been ten
15 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

It’s still the best thing I’ve ever read. The pain, the bitterness, the abject feeling holding the everlasting knowledge that Hearts have rammed your ring for countless years. 

This

:robboyas:

1 minute ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Thanks, if it plays out with him owning 75% of club I wonder what HSL will do. I guess he could allow them a representative on the board but it’ll be purely for show, he will be in full control. It feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth for fans that have paid in expecting some form of influence with the club.

Interesting times.

I think the penny will have dropped for quite a few.  Money down the drain if Gordon gets the 75%.   I wonder how .net will try to spin that.

Footballfirst

Just checked the SH01 form which is now viewable. My thought about the £1m investment for the new shares was wrong. 

He has acquired 7,812,500 shares at 16p so £1,250,00 plus 14,837,500 at 15.75p so £2,336,906.25  for a total of £3,586,906.25.

That money obviously goes into Hibs coffers. 

I don't know how those funds will be used, possibly to pay off the balance of the mortgage to STF leaving some for working capital. 

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Poor Hibs 

Ron had come in and they've all jumped the gun assuming this big Rich American guy is gonna spend gazzilions on players 

They hoped they got a Romanov who'd bring in world class players and would dominate us for years to come 

Pahahahahahahaahahahahahha 

They've Hibsed it again 

:vrface:

:glorious:

Allowayjambo1874
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Just checked the SH01 form which is now viewable. My thought about the £1m investment for the new shares was wrong. 

He has acquired 7,812,500 shares at 16p so £1,250,00 plus 14,837,500 at 15.75p so £2,336,906.25  for a total of £3,586,906.25.

I don't know how those funds will be used, possibly to pay off the balance of the mortgage to STF leaving some for working capital. 

Sorry FF can I pick your brains even more please?

Is 15-16p historically a good price for shares in Hibs? I’m trying to work out if he has to offer this price to all shareholders whether the investment companies will sell or not. Or do you think these companies might just be groups of wealthy hibs mates who have clubbed together and just made up names from their local areas?

Thanks 

scott herbertson
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Doesn't that money go to the shareholders (Farmer and Petrie)? Or is that in addition to what he is paying them for their shares?

Footballfirst
23 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Is 15-16p historically a good price for shares in Hibs? I’m trying to work out if he has to offer this price to all shareholders whether the investment companies will sell or not. Or do you think these companies might just be groups of wealthy hibs mates who have clubbed together and just made up names from their local areas?

Thanks 

I've had second thoughts about the takeover panel rules. I think that they only apply to companies listed on an exchange, or those that have been listed in the last 10 years. I don't think Hibs have been listed, while Hearts were only delisted in Romanov's time. 

13 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Doesn't that money go to the shareholders (Farmer and Petrie)? Or is that in addition to what he is paying them for their shares?

The money goes to the club, but the club is also liable to pay off the mortgage. 

It's highly likely that there was another payment to STF/RP for the HFC shares. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Busby is God2
23 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think they are different people. Moffat is in Scotland, and Sergey is in the South of England.

Kevin Moffat is in Preston. Well he was 2 years ago, his brother Paul lives near Dalkeith I believe.

Both were at my daughter’s wedding 3 years ago.

I can confirm that Kevin is a weapons grade fud though.

Disco Dave
49 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I think the penny will have dropped for quite a few.  Money down the drain if Gordon gets the 75%.   I wonder how .net will try to spin that.

Ron the con

132goals1958
48 minutes ago, Busby is God2 said:

Kevin Moffat is in Preston. Well he was 2 years ago, his brother Paul lives near Dalkeith I believe.

If he is reading this thread your daughter might soon be having a word with you.? 

3fingersreid
52 minutes ago, Busby is God2 said:

I do hope you had plenty photos taken next to him whilst you were resplendent in the Hearts tartan ?

50 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

If he is reading this thread your daughter might soon be having a word with you.? 

He is an absolute fud of a man though. If anything Busby should be having a word with her. 

2 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Thanks 

I thought HSL were getting them for 4p a share? Might be wrong though.

Footballfirst
18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I thought HSL were getting them for 4p a share? Might be wrong though.

HSL was getting them at 4p.

The price that Gordon has paid is probably calculated on the basis of how much needed to pay off the mortgage and leave some for investment purposes. 

The price paid is effectively confirmation that he won't have to make an offer to other shareholders, because he would have to pay them the top price paid, i.e. 16p, which would be very profitable to existing shareholders. 

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

HSL was getting them at 4p.

The price that Gordon has paid is probably calculated on the basis of how much needed to pay off the mortgage and leave some for investment purposes. 

The price paid is effectively confirmation that he won't have to make an offer to other shareholders, because he would have to pay them the top price paid, i.e. 16p, which would be very profitable to existing shareholders. 

So effectively once that’s spent he’ll need to put his own money in? 

So the reality is they are the same hibs just a different owner, with only money generated by the club used for the team etc.

I still don’t understand why he’s bought them, there’s zero financial gain if they are to remain as is. Seems like a lot of cash for a hobby and a long way from home.

Busby is God2
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He is an absolute fud of a man though. If anything Busby should be having a word with her. 

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

His bro Paul was one of my son-in-law’s Best Men.

SiL is a PHM.

He wouldn’t  have been getting married to my daughter otherwise!!! ??

Daughter is a PHW

At the wedding the top table was Champions, other tables were Busby, Robbo, Rudi and 5-1.

All the ? “guests” including Kevin were at the 5-1 table. Naturally.

I’ll dig the pics out, his coupon when he saw his table was glorious. I did tell him I was expecting a 5 page email complaint about it....??

Stupid Sexy Flanders
15 minutes ago, Busby is God2 said:

SiL is a PHM.

Daughter is a PHW

At the wedding the top table was Champions, other tables were Busby, Robbo, Rudi and 5-1.

I’ll dig the pics out, his coupon when he saw his table was glorious. I did tell him I was expecting a 5 page email complaint about it....??

Superb. ?

Stephane Grappelli
On 05/07/2019 at 10:28, Icon of Symmetry said:

I actually think our rivalry is easily as hate-filled as the OF one. The unique history of the two clubs has made it extremely bitter. How many other rivalries have a failed takeover bid, an attempt by fans to actively kill off their rival, total domination by one side and two cup humiliations? I think many Hearts supporters underestimate the feelings of hatred they have towards Hearts. They might not always show it, but for the vast majority of them, it is just under the surface.

Spot on.  Even the ones who seem reasonable at first, as soon as a derby or mention of 5-1 comes around, their true colours show.

Bitter, hate filled weirdos.

36 minutes ago, Busby is God2 said:

SiL is a PHM.

Daughter is a PHW

:rofl:

I’m almost ashamed to say I give Kevin utter dog’s abuse online. ?

Maple Leaf
6 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

Separate club from ground. Rent ground to club for 1/2 mill per year. Nice wee return on investment.

I have been thinking that too.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I have been thinking that too.

Effectively what Saint Tom did for a while. Gave them the ground back when he copped £10M for the car park.

Maple Leaf
52 minutes ago, Busby is God2 said:

SiL is a PHM.

Daughter is a PHW

Sounds like a great wedding.  I hope that there was a loud, drunken singalong of the Hearts song at the end.

Busby is God2
47 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Sounds like a great wedding.  I hope that there was a loud, drunken singalong of the Hearts song at the end.

CORRECT!! ❤️?

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

There was at mine in 2011. Really amusing watching a pile of Desi folk not having a clue what’s going on, before joining in a verse later. ?

Maple Leaf
26 minutes ago, Busby is God2 said:

CORRECT!! ❤️?

8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

There was at mine in 2011. Really amusing watching a pile of Desi folk not having a clue what’s going on, before joining in a verse later. ?

Same at my daughter's wedding a few years ago.  All the Hearts supporters were giving it big licks, much to the amazement of the Americans and Canadians in the group. :confused:

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, Busby is God2 said:

SiL is a PHM.

Daughter is a PHW

Petty, and Glorious :lol:

The Old Tolbooth
6 hours ago, Busby is God2 said:

SiL is a PHM.

Daughter is a PHW

Tremendous sir :rofl:

On 06/07/2019 at 16:39, Icon of Symmetry said:

Class.