Walker returns ( updated )

Section Q

Great news that we’ve signed an experienced player who knows the league -& the Club inside out. 

Delighted. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

34 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Need to play the £10k a week guy Sean Clare.

Oh, you are still perpetuating this myth. Good-oh.

4 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

The length of 'Patience' he will be shown by most frothers on JKB will last as long as the pea vibrates around the ref's whistle to signify the KO of his first match back. Then it will be 'Open Season' as per any other poor fecker we sign. 

True. It's inevitable that there will be stick from those already waiting to pounce. But Walker can cope.

It's how it pans out that's important and, in time, I believe there's a fair chance the outcome could be good for both Hearts and the player. 

1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

Delighted to see him back, good quality creative player, and someone who will link up brilliantly with Naismith.

Or an injury prone player with no pace and a bad attitude. I really hope you're right though.

18 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Hopefully his mouthpiece bird zips her beak now he’s back.

Rangers supporter isn't she? Doubt she has anything worthwhile to say regarding our club.

Phil D. Corners
4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Delighted to see him back, good quality creative player, and someone who will link up brilliantly with Naismith.

Having Naismith in Walkers ear will make sure he has a firm grip of his tools. 

Im trying to remember how well djoum and Walker played together?

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh, you are still perpetuating this myth. Good-oh.

Its hard to believe I know.

Just now, JamboSpur said:

Its hard to believe I know.

Hard to believe that you are still perpetuating lies on here with impunity? Yes, I agree.

CloustonHMFC
43 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Need to play the £10k a week guy Sean Clare.

No danger is Sean Clare on £10k a week.

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Gotta love you lot that post on here - he was utterly shite & a judas since he left/tried to go to HunCo, but is suddenly a cracking player now the football management mastermind Craig Leven has signed him.

Laughable stuff! Couldn't take a blowtorch to yer necks.:laugh:

???? All I've seen on here is people slagging him off for liking the huns: these would be the ones that said he was a judas. A few others have said he has a lot of work to do to win over the fans.  Imo he got his head turned by his agent regarding going to the huns and got his fingers burnt. If he comes back and plays as we know he can then great

wattie exploited

wecome back Jamie if its true you are signing for us again .Forget how you left and give us the player you were before that and am sure everyone will get behind you mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will definitely be a big improvement on our midfield   :rifle:

It should have been ten
16 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I've no doubt Walker will be trying his best when/if he returns. I don't have an issue with that, most fans will say the same and he and the rest of the team will get the support. However, when one of your own shits in his own backyard the way he did, no respect for the club, the club he apparently supports, his team-mates or his fellow fans in the stands then some of the comments posted are quite understandable.

The only person that can convince the fans, and even himself that he's capable of turning it around is Jamie Walker. I won't be clapping him back onto the pitch with maroon-tinted specs on, nor will he be booed by me or most others so in the end,  it's ultimately down to him to prove his worth to the team. Oh, and treat the club and fans with a bit more respect.

In a nutshell, well said 

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

wecome back Jamie if its true you are signing for us again .Forget how you left and give us the player you were before that and am sure everyone will get behind you mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will definitely be a big improvement on our midfield   :rifle:

100% happening. Only thing now is to get his release from Wigan but that’s a formality. 

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Welcome back Hearts fan Jamie Walker! 

Better than anything we have at the club in his position, so improvement to the team.

As someone alluded to a few posts back. Get big Kyle back and get some swagger about us again!

Actually can't disagree with any of that. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, hearts00 said:

There is no doubting he has ability.

But he is injury prone and lacks pace. So Levein is making the same mistake again and again and again when it comes to signings.  

Injury prone so it’s a certainty it’ll be a 3 year deal.

Looking forward to having him back - fingers crossed he can stay healthy and has the desire to get back to being the player we know he can be.

59 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

The thing I never understand on here is why people get so bothered about a player, especially a young player, being tempted by the possibility of a substantial pay rise.

Rangers are the club I least like, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest that Walker might have hoped to move there. It's a short career and, unless Walker has amazing skills in some other profession or business, which seems unlikely given that he's been a full-time footballer all his adult life, he's never likely to earn more money than in this relatively short part of his life on a football pitch.

Walker was also far more consistent than some give him credit for. When he started out, his defending left a lot to be desired, but that area of his game improved immensely and I remember him winning all sorts of midfield battles, especially being able to take the ball off an opponent in a tight situation without committing a foul.

I'd welcome him back. 

I don't think there's an issue with a player moving on for better wages, all of them do to one extent or another. The issue is more how it's done, how the player conducts himself and respect for the club that he made his name at. Some will welcome him back with open arms, the maroon-tinted spectacle brigade, others will need convincing it's the right thing to do, that's where i'm at, and others won't want him back at all. As I said in an earlier post, it's all down to Walker himself, no-one else.

Mr Elwood P
53 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

The problems that many will have is that he took a huff and completely downed tools for six months and that he has barely kicked a ball since.

Webster came back, destroyed Hibs and won the Scottish Cup in the process. Hopefully a similar fate is 'written in the stars' for Mr Walker!

19 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Not so hard to believe when you consider the window cleaner gets 2k a week. 

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Not so hard to believe when you consider the window cleaner gets 2k a week. 

That's my job! Where do I go to get such a wage? I'll do it now. :munny:

Not overly impressed with him coming back but if he does and applies himself the way he should i will cheer him.  If he is injury prone i will blame levein

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

That's my job! Where do I go to get such a wage? I'll do it now. :munny:

Cant remember who posted it. But it’s the ridiculous estimated cost someone gave that we would be wasting on window cleaning when discussing the new stands frontage. :lol: 

TyphoonJambo

New Knees, a good chance to resurrect his career and no doubt a clear idea of the standards expected from Craig. If he grabs this chance by the horns and gets on with it, then its a no brainer for e. Welcome back Jamie, no wheres the scarf above the head shot?

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Cant remember who posted it. But it’s the ridiculous estimated cost someone gave that we would be wasting on window cleaning when discussing the new stands frontage. :lol: 

Greenginger probably.

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

I'll dae it for £1.500! :jjyay:

WheatfieldWarrior
14 minutes ago, damo said:

Glad to see him back also. Might not have blistering pace but a good striker of the ball and tricky feet. 

Should be good for creativity and 10+ goals a season.

Not the first player to move for better wages - even Robbo went to Newcastle. 

All I can say is, if Jamie Walker improves the team then that’s good enough for me.

...a bit disco
20 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Pretty sure it was a poster who '8s' Hibs.

:whistling:

The Internet
50 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Exactly. 

It's at least £15k.

...a bit disco
Just now, gjcc said:

It was not i!

Well, if the cap fits...

:biggrin:

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Exactly. 

It's at least £15k.

No wonder he can afford to get blootered in The Mill every Friday night.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:oohmatron:

Not going Dutch M!

The Internet
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No wonder he can afford to get blootered in The Mill every Friday night.

Friday, Saturday, Tuesday, doesn't matter to him. if we've got a game the next day he'll be there. 

31 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Another positive being that Walker can hit a penalty. 2 good options with Clare & Walker.

No, he really doesn't.  His penalties are weak as shite, and he only scores them if the keeper goes the wrong way.  They're fairly accurate, but he has a tendency to try and roll them in.

If he put a bit more power behind them, they'd be decent.  

Edited by tian447

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Should be good for creativity and 10+ goals a season.

Not the first player to move for better wages - even Robbo went to Newcastle. 

Aye Robbo worked his ticket to get away.

It's fair enough people mentioning "the Cathro effect" in regards to Walker's form dipping. But he also made 16 league appearances after Cathro left, playing under the same manager he has just signed for again, and did very little. He also did very little at Wigan and Peterborough. I'll give him my full support if he comes back but he's got a long way to go to convince me he's a good signing. 

The Mercer Takeover

Don't know what to make of this signing to be honest.

On his day Walker can be absolutely brilliant and a definite match winner, but does he have any of these days left with his knees. He should probably get some sort of enhanced pay per play contract, to protect Hearts, but we will see. Not a lot of imagination with this signing.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

The length of 'Patience' he will be shown by most frothers on JKB will last as long as the pea vibrates around the ref's whistle to signify the KO of his first match back. Then it will be 'Open Season' as per any other poor fecker we sign. 

Except most poor feckers we sign haven't acted like dickheads to the club previously so. Walker will have to prove himself more than a new signing, and rightly so. 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Don't know what to make of this signing to be honest.

On his day Walker can be absolutely brilliant and a definite match winner, but does he have any of these days left with his knees. He should probably get some sort of enhanced pay per play contract, to protect Hearts, but we will see. Not a lot of imagination with this signing.

We don't imagination FFS. We need to put the ball in the oppositions net. Walker can do that.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

100% happening. Only thing now is to get his release from Wigan but that’s a formality. 

am sure he will be looking to prove all the haters on here wrong .he knows what the club is all about and am sure he will be a big player for us :rifle:

bajthejambo

I'm a bit concerned about having both Naismith and Walker in our front line with them having one knee between them. If they stay fit, then great. Otherwise, it's going to be an expensive physio's table.

Robbo-Jambo
14 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I'm a bit concerned about having both Naismith and Walker in our front line with them having one knee between them. If they stay fit, then great. Otherwise, it's going to be an expensive physio's table.

You are right about possible knee problems.

I they can stay fit though I reckon Naismith would be very good for Jamie.

He will constantly be on his case and ready to boot him up the arse if need be.

Pretty much agree with most people, if he comes back to prove a point and plays to how he can then we could have a quality player again...?