Walker returns ( updated )

Section Q

Stephen Muddie

I'm going to boo his every touch of the ball until he does something marvellous to sway my set opinion on him.

I've heard he is a keen accessory wearer, favouring scarves. As a long-time trend-setter, I think it's now important we have a deep and protracted discussion regards accessories and general fashion styles for the coming season. Don't tell me to start a new thread about that, let's do it here, unless you're all hobos, that is.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

OmiyaHearts
50 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Don't know what to make of this signing to be honest.

On his day Walker can be absolutely brilliant and a definite match winner, but does he have any of these days left with his knees. He should probably get some sort of enhanced pay per play contract, to protect Hearts, but we will see. Not a lot of imagination with this signing.

When was the last time he's been on his day, New Year v Rangers 2017? 

I agree on the element of a pay per play, deal. Will he play at Kilmarnock, Livingston or Hamilton during the upcoming season?

However, I appreciate he can do better this time around. It's harder to tackle someone who can slither through the grass.

Stephen Muddie
3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I agree on the element of a pay per play, deal. Will he play at Kilmarnock, Livingston or Hamilton during the upcoming season?

However, I appreciate he can do better this time around. It's harder to tackle someone who can slither through the grass.

:yas:

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He passed a medical at Wigan and Peterborough and I assume will get one again for us. He's recently had an op, so I'd assume medical staff are happy with his progress from that. So surely all of this should be more of a factor in his fitness than us lot on an internet forum?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Luckily most people inside Tynecastle will be right behind him. Naismith is going to be in his ear constantly.

I really think we should go after Cumdog, if its possible

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Luckily most people inside Tynecastle will be right behind him. Naismith is going to be in his ear constantly.

Good shout

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't like the wee erse but with the support from midfield and wide areas behind him, Uche next to him and Naismith shouting at him he would probably score a lot of goals.

On that basis it's a yes from me.

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pardon me for not getting too excited as yet by either SN or JW at this time.

When they are both standing (together or separately) at Tynecastle with scarves above their heads will be the time for me.

No point going off half cocked.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Pardon me for not getting too excited as yet by either SN or JW at this time.

When they are both standing (together or separately) at Tynecastle with scarves above their heads will be the time for me.

No point going off half cocked.

Ach, that's what Kickback is all about, getting your hopes up, to be shot down in September :)

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ach, that's what Kickback is all about, getting your hopes up, to be shot down in September :)

Late October ...

The Future's Maroon

I think he’ll be a very clever signing, hopefully the last couple of years have helped him realise he is not the next Gareth Bale going to go on to be a superstar.

Screws the nut and gets his career back on track and we could find this to be a great signing. 

If he can get back to his best, big if, there is no reason someone in Engerland would try him again, maybe making us a bit cash.

My only concern is if Newco show interest again, but it wouldn’t surprise me if CL has told him in no uncertain terms that even if they did come in it would be clearly on our terms and downing of tools will not be tolerated.

This is a massive second chance Jamie is getting here, one not many players would get. He NEEDS to prove to the gaffer, himself and the fans this is the right thing.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

I wondered if maybe I was totally wrong about JW and he actually is still a good player...then I see people advocating the signing of another useless waster Cummings and realise it's not me, it's other people who have lost the plot 

doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I wondered if maybe I was totally wrong about JW and he actually is still a good player...then I see people advocating the signing of another useless waster Cummings and realise it's not me, it's other people who have lost the plot 

This is a massively high risk signing.

It has been years since he played a good game.

It will take a lot to convince me this is the return of the messiah.

He was a bit crap before he went on a 2 year career break.

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I really like the thought of Naismith shouting at Jamie until he plays well

It will save me a job.

17 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I think he’ll be a very clever signing, hopefully the last couple of years have helped him realise he is not the next Gareth Bale going to go on to be a superstar.

Screws the nut and gets his career back on track and we could find this to be a great signing. 

If he can get back to his best, big if, there is no reason someone in Engerland would try him again, maybe making us a bit cash.

My only concern is if Newco show interest again, but it wouldn’t surprise me if CL has told him in no uncertain terms that even if they did come in it would be clearly on our terms and downing of tools will not be tolerated.

This is a massive second chance Jamie is getting here, one not many players would get. He NEEDS to prove to the gaffer, himself and the fans this is the right thing.

Mate, even if he does well again for us, nobody of note in England will look at him again, no chance...

As for Sevco, again I think that ship has well and truly sailed.....

If he comes he should knuckle down for next 3 or 4 years and try and win silverwear to cement a legacy....

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I really like the thought of Naismith shouting at Jamie until he plays well

He's gonna need paid in soothers if he has to shout until Walker plays well.

SpruceBringsteen

Disappointed if that's true. That 90% of the posts on this thread have "If" in them is testament to that.

Guest ToqueJambo

It's uncanny how similar this is to the Webster situation. He also had bad injuries, Rangers also tried to get him for nothing, there was a weird side trip to Wigan and he came back, was forgiven and helped us win the cup. Some folk take this whole players going to other clubs far too seriously. I'd rather have a player good enough to attract the attention of the OF than not. We all know what the OF are like, especially Rangers, when it comes to unsettling players using their media pals to try to get them on the cheap. They've ruined plenty young Scottish players that way and will ruin plenty more.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 hours ago, gjcc said:

Cant remember who posted it. But it’s the ridiculous estimated cost someone gave that we would be wasting on window cleaning when discussing the new stands frontage. :lol: 

2 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Pretty sure it was a poster who '8s' Hibs.

:whistling:

2 hours ago, gjcc said:

It was not i!

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's uncanny how similar this is to the Webster situation. He also had bad injuries, Rangers also tried to get him for nothing, there was a weird side trip to Wigan and he came back, was forgiven and helped us win the cup. Some folk take this whole players going to other clubs far too seriously. I'd rather have a player good enough to attract the attention of the OF than not. We all know what the OF are like, especially Rangers, when it comes to unsettling players using their media pals to try to get them on the cheap. They've ruined plenty young Scottish players that way and will ruin plenty more.

Tbf Webster didn’t act a complete dick towards his alleged boyhood club or down tools for months. Wee tad of a difference there. 

Unlike a lot of people i’ve seen a bit of class about Sean Clare - a proper pre-season and the team back to full strength and I think he will be great for us next season.

Walker is bound to want to prove a point.

On form what a fantastic attacking front 4 we could have as part of a something like a 4-2-3-1 

Uche

Walker

Clare 

Naismith

Could be a lot of fluidity and movement about that.

Edited by Jammy T

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You are right about possible knee problems.

I they can stay fit though I reckon Naismith would be very good for Jamie.

He will constantly be on his case and ready to boot him up the arse if need be.

Good point!!! ?

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Tbf Webster didn’t act a complete dick towards his alleged boyhood club or down tools for months. Wee tad of a difference there. 

True - Vlad was the dick who stole Webster’s tools.

Webster facing 18 MONTHS not playing football simply used the rules available to him to get a move. Vlad cost us a fortune in a lost transfer fee with that dick move.

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Webster facing 18 MONTHS not playing football simply used the rules available to him to get a move. Vlad cost us a fortune in a lost transfer fee with that dick move.

Exactly 

Jean Louis Valois

I think he could be a very shrewd signing for us. He’s a potential match winner for us, and I’m sure he’s learnt his lesson after his behaviour before he left. Get him signed 

Why do we have to sign him. Would it not be possible to get him on a season long loan from Wigan? At least then we are not lumbered with him if he turns out to be injury prone / gadd.

Another way I look at it is him not having played regularly may be a benefit for us given the concern around his knees.

I also think we all knew that Walker wouldn’t do well down south - technically good enough but just not the physique.

If he is fresher and focussed when he comes back then he would be the sort of player that might mean we don’t miss Naismith as much if he is injured.

5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Another way I look at it is him not having played regularly may be a benefit for us given the concern around his knees.

I also think we all knew that Walker wouldn’t do well down south - technically good enough but just not the physique.

If he is fresher and focussed when he comes back then he would be the sort of player that might mean we don’t miss Naismith as much if he is injured.

Can’t agree with this at all. If he’s physically not up to lower league English Football, then are we to expect more of the same from him in derbies? Bartley had him shitting his pants, and he wasn’t able to compete with the rest of their midfield. 

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

PhoenixHearts

Can't see him getting much playing time with this squad, especially if Djoum stays.

I don't think he's better than any of Haring, Naismith, Djoum, or Clare.

And both Bozanic and Edwards are much harder workers than the Walker I remember.

His only hope is that he's grown up a bit and changed his attitude and approach to playing football.

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Can't see him getting much playing time with this squad, especially if Djoum stays.

I don't think he's better than any of Haring, Naismith, Djoum, or Clare.

And both Bozanic and Edwards are much harder workers than the Walker I remember.

His only hope is that he's grown up a bit and changed his attitude and approach to playing football.

He’s a better player than Clare currently is and can’t be compared to Haring. 

I work 66 hours a week, some weeks. I’m not quite at Hearts standard yet either. :) 

Jamie Walker signing for Hearts tomorrow  improves the squad without question.

A fit Jamie Walker will be in the side far more than he’s out of it.

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

First paragraph is spot on

second paragraph not for me

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

The last thing we need in the team is a cokeheid ned like Spunkbucket. 

7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

He’s a better player than Clare currently is and can’t be compared to Haring. 

I work 66 hours a week, some weeks. I’m not quite at Hearts standard yet either. :) 

Jamie Walker signing for Hearts tomorrow  improves the squad without question.

A fit Jamie Walker will be in the side far more than he’s out of it.

Is he currently a better player than Clare currently is? 

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

This isn’t what happened. Webster invoked a piece of extreme small print to try to get out of his contract when he still had a year to run. In actual fact he was never eligible for that particular loophole (despite being the first player to make use of it) as he had played too many games for us in the preceding year, the aim of the clause being to prevent players from being frozen out entirely. He was eventually found by a tribunal to have broken his contract illegally and was fined. Didn’t do us a lot of good though as we missed out on a transfer fee.

What would you have had Vlad do? He had two choices - sell Webster to Rangers on the cheap, or to play hardball. We weren’t getting actual market value for him whatever happened. Vlad may well have been advised that Webster didn’t qualify for the loophole (that was certainly reported in the news) and would therefore be left without a leg to stand on. I doubt he expected him to break his contract illegally.

With respect to Walker, I’m underwhelmed. He has done nothing whatsoever since he left.

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

This isn’t what happened. Webster invoked a piece of extreme small print to try to get out of his contract when he still had a year to run. In actual fact he was never eligible for that particular loophole (despite being the first player to make use of it) as he had played too many games for us in the preceding year, the aim of the clause being to prevent players from being frozen out entirely. He was eventually found by a tribunal to have broken his contract illegally and was fined. Didn’t do us a lot of good though as we missed out on a transfer fee.

What would you have had Vlad do? He had two choices - sell Webster to Rangers on the cheap, or to play hardball. We weren’t getting actual market value for him whatever happened. Vlad may well have been advised that Webster didn’t qualify for the loophole (that was certainly reported in the news) and would therefore be left without a leg to stand on. I doubt he expected him to break his contract illegally.

With respect to Walker, I’m underwhelmed. He has done nothing whatsoever since he left.

A post that gives me hope for the mindset of Hearts supporters.

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

A fit Jamie Walker would be one of our best players 

Add focused and I agree.

All depends on his attitude and how hungry he is to be a success . 

Part of me thinks he'll be happy to take a 4 year deal and go through the motions when the reality is he has the ability to still go further in the game given he is only 26 . 

Could be exactly what we need with Uche , Clare and Naisy but it's really up to him . The ability was there no doubt about it . 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

:wow:

He'll get 30 months and think himself lucky.

Heard from a few sources he's been offered a 4 year deal which surprised me as I thought 3 years would be the max 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Heard from a few sources he's been offered a 4 year deal which surprised me as I thought 3 years would be the max 

Its 3 apparently. 

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Fourth year as a coach? ?