***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Walker was at pre-season. Looks like he may be given the opportunity this year after his Mansfield exploits. Hearts have enquired after him though. He's not a clown.

Cummings...

?‍♂️ Sorry...thought you meant Tyler. Not...him...

:lol:

:lol: agree with Tyler. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't know if you're joking or not, but I'm not. I think Cummings would be a shrewd signing. We're not hibs. Arseholery isn't tolerated and I think if Levein is able to control Lafferty, Cummings wouldn't be difficult to manage. 

He's getting to that point where his career could go by the wayside. I think coming to a club he wants to play for (he's a hearts fan ffs) would give him plenty of motivation to succeed. The fans wouldn't take to him straight away, but if he hit the ground running I'm sure he'd win everyone over. 

Shame is, I think he's tried to get back a couple times and Levein has KB'd him each time. 

Still think Mark O'Hara would be an ideal signing given Peterborough don't want him anymore. 

Problem with Cummings is he's not a lone striker and doesn't seem able to play (and score regularly) as part of a partnership at any level higher than the Scottish Championship, in terms of creating chances or space for other players. He's almost 24 now - career seems to have totally stalled and goals pretty much dried up.

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Never heard of him. Is he an attacking or defensive mid? Seems to have played both.

If he's attacking Walker has a much, much better pedigree and would bring something different to the team. If he's a more defensive mid, we have Haring and Bozanic and Smith can play there. I can see why Hibs might be interested to replace Milligan or one of their countless other midfielders who just left.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't know if you're joking or not, but I'm not. I think Cummings would be a shrewd signing. We're not hibs. Arseholery isn't tolerated and I think if Levein is able to control Lafferty, Cummings wouldn't be difficult to manage. 

He's getting to that point where his career could go by the wayside. I think coming to a club he wants to play for (he's a hearts fan ffs) would give him plenty of motivation to succeed. The fans wouldn't take to him straight away, but if he hit the ground running I'm sure he'd win everyone over. 

Shame is, I think he's tried to get back a couple times and Levein has KB'd him each time. 

Still think Mark O'Hara would be an ideal signing given Peterborough don't want him anymore. 

Dundee certainly missed O Hara. A pity if he heads to Hibs. 

Half joke with Cumdog. Definitely the kind of striker we don't have but his professionalism is a question mark 

SpruceBringsteen

Cummings couldn't score goals in the Premiership for Rangers, so I'm absolutely baffled why people think he would for Hearts.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Cummings couldn't score goals in the Premiership for Rangers, so I'm absolutely baffled why people think he would for Hearts.

Lafferty scored goals for Hearts but didn't for Rangers?

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Have to admit I said a signing would be confirmed by Page 74 

Mystic Mike ?

Cruyff Turn
6 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

He’s a good finisher. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Great he scored vs Rangers, sign him up! Genuinely never heard of him. What would make him a better option than Walker as attacking mid? He seems good for 4-5 goals a season but Walker scored way more.

32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Have to admit I said a signing would be confirmed by Page 74 

If folk didn’t post nonsense then you may have had a chance with that. Oops sorry ? 

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Great he scored vs Rangers, sign him up! Genuinely never heard of him. What would make him a better option than Walker as attacking mid? He seems good for 4-5 goals a season but Walker scored way more.

You don’t watch Scottish football much then he was brilliant for Dundee.  I never said he was better than Walker either as far as I can recall? He’s also not an attacking midfielder and has played a lot more down south than Jamie.  

6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

You don’t watch Scottish football much then he was brilliant for Dundee.  I never said he was better than Walker either as far as I can recall? He’s also not an attacking midfielder and has played a lot more down south than Jamie.  

I think CL said he was looking to sign 3 attacking players.

21 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s a good finisher. 

He is.  I don't think he was getting the chances for Rangers.

I doubt he would get chances with us too though unless we sign more creative players.

13 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s a good finisher. 

He didn't not score goals for the huns, 6 goals in 18 games isn't the worst. Considering we've had strikers like Muirhead, Watt or Sammon that couldn't score in a brothel, that would rank him comfortably above them. But, then again, Lafferty had never had a season like he had with us, so previous means very little. I think theres every chance he could come here and hit 15+

Because he's a fan I think we'd get a bit extra effort from him and then couple that with the dislike many of us have for him, and him no doubt knowing he'd need to win the fans over. 

We've persevered with one up front and failed miserably. I think bringing in players capable of player other systems would be beneficial. Can you imagine him and Uche up front? Lot of success from the little and large set up.  

I'd bring in Clark, O'Hara, Walker, Cummings and finances permitting Lafferty. All would improve us considerably. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I don't watch Dundee unless I have to that's for sure! That's what I was asking - is he defensive or attacking. Seems both and point is we're looking at attacking ones.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't watch Dundee unless I have to that's for sure! That's what I was asking - is he defensive or attacking. Seems both and point is we're looking at attacking ones.

Dundee v Huns and a young Scottish player scoring twice is pretty high profile.  He would be a good addition imo.  

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think CL said he was looking to sign 3 attacking players.

While waiting for Djoum? Managers don’t ever sign any other players after being quoted after all.  

August Landmesser
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Probably the longest persisting myth in JKB history.

Along with 'Djoum is lazy'.

No heart, and laziness are accusations often thrown at quite a few players (who look) like Djoum. It's a very tired, and (ironically) lazy stereotype.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Dundee v Huns and a young Scottish player scoring twice is pretty high profile.  He would be a good addition imo.  

Everyone's scored vs Rangers in recent years :) Robbie Muirhead even got a double vs them! Anyhow, I'm sure we'll have looked at him or are looking at him anyhow if he's a creative attacking mid or a possible Djoum replacement

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

While waiting for Djoum? Managers don’t ever sign any other players after being quoted after all.  

Stop asking questions.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Well that's me caught up with like the last 5 pages... This is how I see Djoum and his tackling, think I already quoted a reply from last page saying pretty much the same.

:cornette: Oh, Dave :facepalm:

4/10 mate... very good. Can see that zooming by many at low altitude, like a flying telly.

:rofl:

:spoton:

Feck it let's just get big Laff back too. Agree with others we need a few annoying *******s in the team. He's one, Naismith can be another. Ideally we'd have a whole team of Pasquale Brunos.

Glad someone got it. Maybe too subtle for some 

Cruyff Turn
17 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

He is.  I don't think he was getting the chances for Rangers.

I doubt he would get chances with us too though unless we sign more creative players.

He’s a natural finisher, like Boyd, Robbo, McCoist, they find themselves in the right positions at the right time. We’ve not had a proper poacher since... probably Robbo tbf. 

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

He didn't not score goals for the huns, 6 goals in 18 games isn't the worst. Considering we've had strikers like Muirhead, Watt or Sammon that couldn't score in a brothel, that would rank him comfortably above them. But, then again, Lafferty had never had a season like he had with us, so previous means very little. I think theres every chance he could come here and hit 15+

Because he's a fan I think we'd get a bit extra effort from him and then couple that with the dislike many of us have for him, and him no doubt knowing he'd need to win the fans over. 

We've persevered with one up front and failed miserably. I think bringing in players capable of player other systems would be beneficial. Can you imagine him and Uche up front? Lot of success from the little and large set up.  

I'd bring in Clark, O'Hara, Walker, Cummings and finances permitting Lafferty. All would improve us considerably. 

6 in 18, was he usually coming off the bench though? 

If he played 36 games in a season, he might score 15, 16 goals. 

I think he’s been unlucky. He’s not the most physical and when he’s moved down to England things haven’t really fallen for him. Maybe didn’t have the big strike partner he needs because he’s certainly not a lone striker type.

As I said above, he’s a natural finisher, a poacher, he knows where the goal is, big Uche will take defenders away, Naisy and Walker will create chances, he’d score goals here.

He’d be a good signing imo, I hope it happens.

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

No heart, and laziness are accusations often thrown at quite a few players (who look) like Djoum. It's a very tired, and (ironically) lazy stereotype.

Exactly how I see it.

Inch Hearts
29 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Stop asking questions.

Its a bad habit I’ve picked up on.  Why change the topic from the transfer thread?  Do try to stay on topic pal. 

1 minute ago, daveyhmfc said:

image.jpeg.595b0518ecccaa047a37bf61142a64d3.jpeg

Maybe that should be our signing process?  3 players behind the screen answering 3 questions from CL with Queen Ann at his side throwing the banter while mediating.

Gorgie Suite pre season special, tenner a tic...?

Inch Hearts
33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Everyone's scored vs Rangers in recent years :) Robbie Muirhead even got a double vs them! Anyhow, I'm sure we'll have looked at him or are looking at him anyhow if he's a creative attacking mid or a possible Djoum replacement

No bother Toque ?

19 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s a natural finisher, like Boyd, Robbo, McCoist, they find themselves in the right positions at the right time. We’ve not had a proper poacher since... probably Robbo tbf. 

6 in 18, was he usually coming off the bench though? 

If he played 36 games in a season, he might score 15, 16 goals. 

I think he’s been unlucky. He’s not the most physical and when he’s moved down to England things haven’t really fallen for him. Maybe didn’t have the big strike partner he needs because he’s certainly not a lone striker type.

As I said above, he’s a natural finisher, a poacher, he knows where the goal is, big Uche will take defenders away, Naisy and Walker will create chances, he’d score goals here.

He’d be a good signing imo, I hope it happens.

I'd take him before Lafferty.

Still only 23 too

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Maybe that should be our signing process?  3 players behind the screen answering 3 questions from CL with Queen Ann at his side throwing the banter while mediating.

Gorgie Suite pre season special, tenner a tic...?

To contestant number 1:

If we met at the physio's injury table, what would you be wearing?

Just now, Lovecraft said:

To contestant number 1:

?

28 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Its a bad habit I’ve picked up on.  Why change the topic from the transfer thread?  Do try to stay on topic pal. 

As with your reply.  OK

24 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Over to our Craig. three guys behind the screen which one is it to be?

I don’t know, but I wish you both a lorra lorra luck.

Stephen Muddie
27 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

To contestant number 1:

"Nothing but a cheeky smile Cilla.. Have you seeeen Craig's physio?"

"Okay pal, I'll sign you but am no playin' you"

"Whaaaaa?"

Inch Hearts
18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

As with your reply.  OK

Good lad.  Your opinion on transfer dealings so far pal?  All for return of Walker?  

Edited by Inch Hearts

8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Good lad.  Your opinion on transfer dealings so far pal?  All for return of Walker?  

I've already stated my views.  Keep up.

Cruyff Turn
56 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I'd take him before Lafferty.

Still only 23 too

Too right. Would piss off those cockwombles down the road as well.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If our first 3 signings are Halkett,Naismith and Walker then I would say that is a fantastic start to the transfer window.

Optimistic if so. Next up some LBs pse.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Zzzzzzzzz

These folk wanting Lafferty & “Cumdog” are probably the same folk who think Lewis Capaldi’s social media posts are funny. 

Jesus wept... no thanks. 

I know it’s not a personality competition but these guys are trumpets best kept away from any harmonious changing room. 

IMO of course.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, c41rns said:

These folk wanting Lafferty & “Cumdog” are probably the same folk who think Lewis Capaldi’s social media posts are funny. 

Jesus wept... no thanks. 

I know it’s not a personality competition but these guys are trumpets best kept away from any harmonious changing room. 

IMO of course.

I find it hard to be offended on Kickback,  but please never suggest I enjoy Lewis Capaldi in any way ever again. 

Much obliged. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I find it hard to be offended on Kickback,  but please never suggest I enjoy Lewis Capaldi in any way ever again. 

Much obliged. 

? you’re a fan, admit it ?

2 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

Still think that we will be beyond 80 pages before another signing is confirmed.:)

Page 90 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, c41rns said:

? you’re a fan, admit it ?

Going to fall out with you......I promise :(

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Who would you pick out of Cummings, Shankland or Lafferty?

Lafferty on ability,  Cummings is the type of striker we need. If there is similar out there kind of penalty box striker we haven't had in a while 

Edited by Sir Gio

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Page 90 

We don't go to Ireland for a week so quite possible, since he did indicate he wasn't sure who would be going