***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Delighted if Jamie resigns he is what we need if they could just get the serb resigned along with another striker we would have a very good team 

Jamie gives us drive we badly need that 

Edited by NB GIN

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

28 minutes ago, steve123 said:

On another note according to Evening News no new goalkeeper sticking with current options !!

I wouldn't read too much into that, they were reporting that Vanecek would be given a chance this summer about a week before he left.

I would be surprised if Doyle wasn't replaced by a new number one this summer but Levein can't exactly come out and say that while we still have both keepers on the books.

pettigrewsstylist
21 minutes ago, daftie said:

I’ve openly admitted I’m a Levein fan, but reading this has left me feeling slightly deflated. 

Neither of our keepers are good enough IMO. Both are solid decent keepers, but both have an error in them. 

When you consider the other keepers in the league, for me, we have keepers who are 6/7th best in league, which isn’t good enough. For me all these keepers are better than our 2. It worries me because if he is saying these 2 are good enough, it makes you wonder just how many other players he will say the same about. I just hope we’re not settling for mediocrity.

Goalkeeper is such an important position, Bobby and Doyle can play a few games looking great, but then make a clanger. You have to rely on a keeper, and they are not solid/ reliable enough for me. If Bobbys decision making was better fair enough, but I don’t know if all of a sudden you are really going to change a 33/34 yr old keepers game by now. 

Celtic - Bain/ Gordon

Rangers - McGregot/ Foderingham

Kilmarnock - Bachman( admittedly on loan)/ Jamie Mc

Aberdeen - Lewis

Hibs- Marciano

St Johnstone - Zander Clark

St Mirren - can’t remember his name

Always thought, once whole season balanced out, that Craig Gordon in his time with us, was worth something akin to 10 pts. Doubt we will see him play in hearts shirt again tho.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Yep, all keepers have a mistake in them, our IMO make more than those quoted. Keepers will always do more good than wrong. The problem is ours make important mistakes that cost us. 

Go back to Gordon,  Niemi, McLaughlin. 

I can only recall Mclaughlins new one big mistake at Thistle in the year he was with us.Bobby has made too many for me.

He punches when he can catch, comes off his line too readily. Keeper is all about decision making and for me his is poor. He can’t catch a cross ball. If that is all deemed good enough, fair enough, but not reliable enough for me. Off top of my head, there was Celtic game at Murrayfield, Livi penalty in 5-0, cup final penalty. Yep penalty was dodgy as sin, but if Bobby stays on his line we don’t concede it.

Desperately need a new keeper. Zlamal nowhere near good enough to be a number one and whilst no denying he made some good saves, the amount of basic mistakes he made that single handedly cost us games were a joke. 

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

I am a bit meh about this, nothing against Jamie Walker but he has not played alot recently.

Also when talking about 3-4 coming in seems a bit of a risk !!

Every signing is a risk though

Captain Canada

I would like us to sign a new keeper but it's not a priority. Bobby did well most of the season but made some poor mistakes in a handful of games, unfortunately some of the most important of the season. Hopefully he's learnt from those.

I thought Doyle did well at times and was great in 89 minutes of the Motherwell game. He's really suspect with balls into the box though and I'd have thought he'd want to play regularly. There must be some good young keepers we could get that would come in and really push for a place. Levein's decision to drop Doyle after that one clanger tells me he's got little confidence in him. Doyle wasn't too happy about it either and felt he deserved another opportunity, especially after playing so well up until that point. 

My opinion on Bobby for what it’s worth.  I’m disappointed to hear Levein thinks him and Doyle are good enough.  A keeper MUST be someone you can rely on.  He has let us down to many times in massive games.   The absolute bowler against Celtic at Murrayfield.  And for me he was caught in two minds at Hampden in the final.  Wasn’t sure whether to come out or stay on his line and let Berra deal with it.  By the time he came it was to late and he allowed Edoaurd time to get a touch and dive for the penalty.  Could also mention the horror show at Livingston that stemmed from an outrageous piece of decision making.  I’m sorry but I don’t want us potentially going into another huge game with doubts in my mind about whether or not he is going to do something daft.  As for Doyle he is the worse of the two I’m afraid.  Would be happy with a new keeper and Bobby as back up.  

While zlamal might not be the best keeper in the world he is decent and like levein it would seem, I’d much rather our attentions focus further up the park where the need for better is far more urgent. Come the end of the window once our midfield and attacking options have been brought in and a better keeper becomes available then fine but right now there’s not an immediate need.

AlphonseCapone

I like when folk compare our players to others with phrases like, "all keepers make mistakes but ours make more than others". How do folk know these things unless you're always watching other teams? Sportscene shows you 5 minutes out of 90, folk know that eh? 

Saint Jambo
56 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

It's not our priority I would say. Zlamal is decent.

Totally agree. If people want ya to sign quality over quantity, they can't then expect us to sign a third goalie when we already have two keepers who were signed with the potential to play first team football. Unless we can get someone to sign one of our existing keepers without having to pay them off, signing a quality keeper means not signing a quality player somewhere else on the park, presumably an attacking midfield/ forward. I expect us to sign a new first choice keeper next summer when Doyle is out of contract. Do those who want us to sign a new keeper now want us to do so at the expense of a quality midfielder/ forward?

Blaming Zlamal for the penalty in the final is ridiculous. Yes, he could have done better but the only reason Edouard gets a penalty is by cheating. The fact so many fans want to scapegoat Zlamal for it shows we maybe aren't the amazing supporters we like to claim to be.

JamboAl1965

Happy to see him back, loads of positives,

- knows Scottish game and club 

- has an end product 

- does things  that get you off yer seat & capable of magical moments

- has the ability to take the game forward and in the opponents half 

- If he can rediscover form then better than what we have in terms of assists and goals 

- think Claire Naismith and Uche will all benefit from a fit and focussed JW. 

- A fit and focussed JW in a rivals tean would hurt us

im hopeful the last few years are out of his system and he comes back with something to prove.is it a gamble? Possibly but a better gamble than recent times  If it happens, welcome back, I’m looking forward to supporting you. 

You've got to prioritise. The whole budget should be spent on attack minded players. You can’t win football matches if you don’t score goals. As we found out in abundance last year.

I like Jamie and fell like most youngsters made mistakes but all part of growing up, he might not be a teenager but sure he has learnt a lot living in Wigan ? he will be glad to be home and also will have a point to prove....I personally still have high hopes for Clare so for me this provides better depth to our squad

Bazzas right boot

Bobby gives me the fear in big games. 

He's decent in general, but the fear is tangible. 

Gordon would be an upgrade, but midfield and attack are priorities. 

I loved Jamie before the Rangers nonsense. 

Do I like him now? No. 

Can he be forgiven with commitment and decent performances? Absolutely. 

NaturalOrder74

Gordon seems like the type of player who would probably take a wage dip to be able to play regular football, Bobby is a likeable person but just think he has far too many mistakes that cost us goals, would love McLaughlin or Gordon back 

I know Bobby made, what around 3-5 howlers last season. But he also made some sensational saves.

I’d love for Gordon to come back but if not getting a new keeper means we can spend more cash in attack which Hearts fan would complain about that?

Gimme an H...
14 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I know Bobby made, what around 3-5 howlers last season. But he also made some sensational saves.

I’d love for Gordon to come back but if not getting a new keeper means we can spend more cash in attack which Hearts fan would complain about that?

Not me!

Bobby saved us more points than cost us last season.

1 minute ago, Gimme an H... said:

Not me!

He cost us in the semi final and final. We should be looking to get someone better. I agree with others tho that midfield and attacking players are more important. 

Absolute Scenes
9 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

ITK lads look like they are correct with this one

Yep, @dazajmbo continues to get abuse on here but clearly still correct with his info. All other ITK guys thanks for sharing all your info, even if it doesn't come off its good to have things to keep us going without the football.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Not me!

Absolutely this. Funny how its the mistakes that folk focus on rather some of the saves of the season he came up with.

Strange how very little has been made about the need for a new keeper until a story comes out that we are not getting a new keeper!

For some perspective, Bobby & Doyle managed a combined 17 clean sheets last season, the season before where folk were lauding Jon McLaughlin as the next Yashin, we managed 2 more with 19.

Maybe not wasting money on areas that are not priority will allow us to get a couple more good quality players in.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bobby is the Henry of his day. Sometimes brilliant, but liable to a calamity on the big day

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Strange how very little has been made about the need for a new keeper until a story comes out that we are not getting a new keeper!

For some perspective, Bobby & Doyle managed a combined 17 clean sheets last season, the season before where folk were lauding Jon McLaughlin as the next Yashin, we managed 2 more with 19.

McLaughlin would have had 25 last season :lol:

I jest, know what you are saying, Doyle howler at Motherwell killed all momentum in the league I believe, that one error was far more expensive than just the point.

Its goals we need, the 2 cup games with Celtic are my worry with Bob. League, generally he was fine.

2 hours ago, I.T.K said:

I dont rate Doyle, but happy to start the season with Bobby. 

Personal I thought he did far more good then bad last season.  

Bobby shat it in big the big games. Cost us dearly in the semis and in the final, could possibly cut him a bit of slack in the semi final as celtic bombarded our goal and we had a weak starting 11on the day, but cost us the final. 

Also think he cost us more points than he gained us.... 

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wonder if we intend to give opportunities to Harry stone in an effort to keep him

Is he not away already?

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It’s worked for us more often than not. Robbo, Colquhoun, McPherson, Rudi, Webster. 

Not everyone pays attention to social media. He attracted attention from a bigger club - good for him - who unsettled him and then they let him down by not wanting to pay a fair fee. 

Hopefully he’d be itching for revenge.

He's a player who, if he comes will need to hit the ground running, which he's not done a lot of this year to win back the fans he lost. There's a sizeable element of the support who can't stand the manager, add a player who also divides opinion and Tynecastle is a more unforgiving place.

The tool who sits behind me will be delighted if he comes back. It'll give him someone other than the manager to abuse. For some reason he despised Walker even before the Rangers nonsense

For me he's a wait and see but I'm not arsed if he doesn't come either TBH. Be made up if he came back and was the player he was 3 or 4 years ago

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I like when folk compare our players to others with phrases like, "all keepers make mistakes but ours make more than others". How do folk know these things unless you're always watching other teams? Sportscene shows you 5 minutes out of 90, folk know that eh? 

You're right but I'm sure you realise some of the posters on here do watch Hibs a lot.

Just now, Bking9 said:

Bobby shat it in big the big games. Cost us dearly in the semis and in the final, could possibly cut him a bit of slack in the semi final as celtic bombarded our goal and we had a weak starting 11on the day, but cost us the final. 

Also think he cost us more points than he gained us.... 

Aye, the save he made from the free kick against ICT in the semi really cost us.

Tenaciousdandy
17 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Been doing running and training himself, fully ready to start pre-season

Good to hear, he'll be a good addition to the squad

KyleLafferty

Look at the mistakes the Keepers are making in the prem haha! Leno, de gea, foster, Pickford, loris. They’ve all had absolute howlers ?, keepers make mistakes, and when they do it leads to goal. Bobby makes some really impressive saves, he might have made a mistake at murrayfield but he also kept the score down. And for the final, What Berra was going for the first. He should have stayed out the way.

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It’s worked for us more often than not. Robbo, Colquhoun, McPherson, Rudi, Webster. 

Not everyone pays attention to social media. He attracted attention from a bigger club - good for him - who unsettled him and then they let him down by not wanting to pay a fair fee. 

Hopefully he’d be itching for revenge.

I'm coming round this this way of thinking. If he is back, let's get behind him. Nobody can disagree the lad is talented. Just hope he has the bit between his teeth now!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

How is Cumdog doing?

I think he would be a good signing for us.

Where did I put my tin hat now??????

1 hour ago, spug said:

Aye, the save he made from the free kick against ICT in the semi really cost us.

He's made some top saves has Bobby, I'm not denying that, have you honestly witnessed any games last season where you came away and said to yourself, Bobby really saved us today, we wouldn't have won that game if it wasn't for him or has he made last minute saves to get us over the line and gain a point. Can't really think of any at this moment in time I'm sure there will be less than a handfull. 

I want a GK that will earn you 15 points a season, look back at the end of  the season and say remember this game or that game. 

We need a keeper the can produce big performances at crucial times in the season, when our rivals drop points on a Saturday, we need players to step up to the plate on a Sunday when we are away to st Johnston, ect. 

Roy Keane is looking for a job now.

Him and Neil McCann with Donald Findlay as DOF.

This would have the FTP boys well and truly in a lather.

Mr Elwood P
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

How is Cumdog doing?

Agreed. I'd take Cummings and Lafferty as the two new strikers. We've got far too many nice players in the squad. We want a couple of nasty pricks to upset the opposition. One of the factors that Naismith being injured highlighted. Likes of Berra, Souttar, Clare, Uche, Mulraney and Michael Smith all seem like really nice lads. We need a bit of venom to balance it out.

tartofmidlothian
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Bobby is the Henry of his day. Sometimes brilliant, but liable to a calamity on the big day

This is spot on. For every mistake we have to remember he does a lot of good work and is braver than most keepers.

I don't think Doyle's outstanding, but he's a cut above most others who would be happy to sit and get splinters in their arse for most of the season.

tartofmidlothian
21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Agreed. I'd take Cummings and Lafferty as the two new strikers. We've got far too many nice players in the squad. We want a couple of nasty pricks to upset the opposition. One of the factors that Naismith being injured highlighted. Likes of Berra, Souttar, Clare, Uche, Mulraney and Michael Smith all seem like really nice lads. We need a bit of venom to balance it out.

Spot on. I don't know if I'd choose those two players myself, but anyone with a bit of grit and cheek is welcome. It's what Djoum is missing, for all his talent.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Spot on. I don't know if I'd choose those two players myself, but anyone with a bit of grit and cheek is welcome. It's what Djoum is missing, for all his talent.

Djoum had 12 yellow cards last season, he's statistically the least 'nice guy' we have. Grit and venom definitely required. Naismith, Lafferty, Brown, Morelos type players make a big difference to a team. 

50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

How is Cumdog doing?

No tin hat required here.

I agree, a character that would get bums off seats and knows where the goals are. 

With the the right attitude think he could be a big success

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Djoum had 12 yellow cards last season, he's statistically the least 'nice guy' we have. Grit and venom definitely required. Naismith, Lafferty, Brown, Morelos type players make a big difference to a team. 

Djoum often walks a tight rope. 

Puts his foot in ( and leaves it in...) a lot, I really don't see this no heart/ passion thing at all with him. 

Each to their  own, tho.