***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Do most players contracts not run up to the end of June?

If that's the case then I can't see much happening until the beginning of July.  Assuming we are predominantly shopping in the free agent market.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

44 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Does anyone know where Walker is at present?  If he is in Edinburgh that might suggest something.  If Hearts are interested, I'm sure they will be able to assess his general attitude.  I hope he's bursting to play football.

Musselburgh 

Honestly cant understand peoples attitude towards JW he was great for us all be it he got his head turned its all about money

His workrate as far as I am concerned was never an issue worked his socks off

He certainly works much harder than most of the imposters we have at the club

Hope he signs would be a great signing class player

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It has been different to a number of windows in the recent past, in as much as excluding Halkett, who was effectively tie up before the season finished there have been no other arrivals yet. It could raise questions along the lines of are we giving more consideration to who we want, are we speaking to players but not convincing them, etc. etc. I read a link on a Hearts SC Facebook page saying that we are targeting 3 strikers still to come in. I do think a bit more depth in the squad would help but would also hope the people we are looking at are players who are better than we have in the positions we are looking to fill, so we can only really wait and see how it unfolds (it ain't long now until the competitive season starts again and HMFC won't be the only club looking to recruit, in fact there hasn't really been an awful lot of incoming business involving Scottish clubs).

There may be a bit of wishful thinking in this but I think we're probably this window targeting players that are potentially more in demand from other clubs, and therefore having to wait longer for them to decide what their best option is, whereas in previous years, we've probably been the obvious best option (both financially and in terms of size of club, level of football, etc) for a lot of our targets as soon as we approached them.

It's frustrating, but on the whole I think a better situation!

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Apparently they've got £250k laying around, and want to spend that on a Forest Green striker.

We're all shopping at the same supermarket.

If we're shopping at Aldi or Lidl, h1b5 are shopping at the Trussell Trust!

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not sure that was what CL said or meant.  I think he said he was after 3 attacking players which could have included 1 or even 2 attacking MFs.  My guess would be 2 strikers and 1 attacking MF but that may change depending on what happens with Djoum.

In view of the dross CL has signed as a manager and as DOF, I wouldn’t get too excited.

Edited by Prof

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Prof said:

In view of the dross CL has signed as a manager and as DOF, I wouldn’t get too excited.

Could be a sow, lafferty, zeefuik or naismith. Could be a vancek, dauda, watt or Sammon.... makes it interesting

Jambof3tornado
41 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Honestly cant understand peoples attitude towards JW he was great for us all be it he got his head turned its all about money

His workrate as far as I am concerned was never an issue worked his socks off

He certainly works much harder than most of the imposters we have at the club

Hope he signs would be a great signing class player

Workrate was never an issue?? You having a laugh??

Selkirkhmfc1874
22 minutes ago, bazman said:

JW just posted a phot of sat nav on his story. Looks as though he heading back down south as we speak 

Good hope he stays down there 

33 minutes ago, Prof said:

Ah, your usual topic.

I wasn't actually getting excited - merely explaining my understanding of the situation.

But you stroll on with your vendetta sniff sniff.

The excitement is just too much to bear on here sometimes. Tumbleweed and Jamie Walker, we're definitely on the up. I mean, surely we'll have the old firm quaking in their boots.

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Does anyone know where Walker is at present?  If he is in Edinburgh that might suggest something.  If Hearts are interested, I'm sure they will be able to assess his general attitude.  I hope he's bursting to play football.

Hearts are interested as lot

Captain Canada

Maybe we have 4/5 new signings lined up but they're waiting till we're finished with the Gullane dunes before committing! 

It’s odd that no media outlet has picked up this story about the return of Jamie Walker.

When JKB farts Barry Anderson normally smells it first, so it’s unusual for him to miss a snippet like this one.

Inch Hearts
Just now, DH1986 said:

It’s odd that no media outlet has picked up this story about the return of Jamie Walker.

When JKB farts Barry Anderson normally smells it first, so it’s unusual for him to miss a snippet like this one.

Walker is signing 100%.  Awaiting release from Wigan. They aren’t back yet for pre-season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Just me or has this been a quiet window so far for the ITKers? Usually claims flying round, or maybe i've just missed them.

Reminds me of one of the early windows after admin. 

Wasn't a sniff to be had before a 430 klaxon.

I miss the klaxon badly 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Reminds me of one of the early windows after admin. 

Wasn't a sniff to be had before a 430 klaxon.

I miss the klaxon badly 

Whatever happened to the klaxon?

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I love the Klaxon, bring it back

GorgieRules22
17 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Walker is signing 100%.  Awaiting release from Wigan. They aren’t back yet for pre-season. 

Yeah they are.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Replaced by George Clooney 

:sick:

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

If they are back at pre season and he's in Edinburgh instead of being with them I think that'd suggest there might be some truth to the rumours.

Yep I would say you’re right!

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

I’m not questioning him signing.....

I’m questioning why no media outlet has picked up the story yet.

24 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Yep I would say you’re right!

Heard today that basically it’s just Wigan’s end left to sort out. Possibly why heading back south just now 

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not sure that was what CL said or meant.  I think he said he was after 3 attacking players which could have included 1 or even 2 attacking MFs.  My guess would be 2 strikers and 1 attacking MF but that may change depending on what happens with Djoum.

It was a newspaper link I was reading on the FB page and it may well have been lazy journalism involved and he did mean attacking players rather than out and out strikers.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

This. Martin out, Walker in. All of a sudden we have a proven attacking midfielder at a good age. Who hasn't played 90 mins for ages and has had injury issues. Who also dropped his breeks when the club formally known as Rangers made their interests known. Like any signing we’d know if it’s a good one after the first  round of fixtures. Or in some

people’s minds after the first 5 mins of the first game.

FTFY. He's as much a risk as any signing. I liked him but he definitely fits into the meh category of signings. I'm never sure about going back to players who've been here before. Sometimes it works but, for me there are better options out there without the baggage JW brings

Happy to have him back if true, I remember him being so involved with the fans efforts to raise funds when things were looking grim. He signed my top when I bought it as a thanks at the club shop ? if he can get fit then a good player for us!

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It was a newspaper link I was reading on the FB page and it may well have been lazy journalism involved and he did mean attacking players rather than out and out strikers.

In view of the link below (if true) I suspect JW may be one of the 3.

Why I think CL meant attacking MFs included, is that if we got 3 out-and-out strikers that would be Uche, MacLean, Keena and the three.  We'd be overladen with them all.

https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/2019/june/pre-season--day-one-in-pictures-wigan-athletic-sky-bet-championship-2019-20/

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

FTFY. He's as much a risk as any signing. I liked him but he definitely fits into the meh category of signings. I'm never sure about going back to players who've been here before. Sometimes it works but, for me there are better options out there without the baggage JW brings

It’s worked for us more often than not. Robbo, Colquhoun, McPherson, Rudi, Webster. 

Not everyone pays attention to social media. He attracted attention from a bigger club - good for him - who unsettled him and then they let him down by not wanting to pay a fair fee. 

Hopefully he’d be itching for revenge.

Edited by ToqueJambo

I am a bit meh about this, nothing against Jamie Walker but he has not played alot recently.

Also when talking about 3-4 coming in seems a bit of a risk !!

Special Agent Dale Cooper
5 minutes ago, steve123 said:

On another note according to Evening News no new goalkeeper sticking with current options !!

It's not our priority I would say. Zlamal is decent.

1 minute ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

It's not our priority I would say. Zlamal is decent.

Yea I agree, had just been chat about Craig Gordon which this seems to clarify !!

I’ve openly admitted I’m a Levein fan, but reading this has left me feeling slightly deflated. 

Neither of our keepers are good enough IMO. Both are solid decent keepers, but both have an error in them. 

When you consider the other keepers in the league, for me, we have keepers who are 6/7th best in league, which isn’t good enough. For me all these keepers are better than our 2. It worries me because if he is saying these 2 are good enough, it makes you wonder just how many other players he will say the same about. I just hope we’re not settling for mediocrity.

Goalkeeper is such an important position, Bobby and Doyle can play a few games looking great, but then make a clanger. You have to rely on a keeper, and they are not solid/ reliable enough for me. If Bobbys decision making was better fair enough, but I don’t know if all of a sudden you are really going to change a 33/34 yr old keepers game by now. 

Celtic - Bain/ Gordon

Rangers - McGregot/ Foderingham

Kilmarnock - Bachman( admittedly on loan)/ Jamie Mc

Aberdeen - Lewis

Hibs- Marciano

St Johnstone - Zander Clark

St Mirren - can’t remember his name

5 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Yea I agree, had just been chat about Craig Gordon which this seems to clarify !!

Gordon has a year left on contract.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Neither of our keepers are great,Doyle is a bombscare.

I dont rate Doyle, but happy to start the season with Bobby. 

Personal I thought he did far more good then bad last season.  

johnking123
3 minutes ago, daftie said:

I’ve openly admitted I’m a Levein fan, but reading this has left me feeling slightly deflated. 

Neither of our keepers are good enough IMO. Both are solid decent keepers, but both have an error in them. 

When you consider the other keepers in the league, for me, we have keepers who are 6/7th best in league, which isn’t good enough. For me all these keepers are better than our 2. It worries me because if he is saying these 2 are good enough, it makes you wonder just how many other players he will say the same about. I just hope we’re not settling for mediocrity.

Goalkeeper is such an important position, Bobby and Doyle can play a few games looking great, but then make a clanger. You have to rely on a keeper, and they are not solid/ reliable enough for me. If Bobbys decision making was better fair enough, but I don’t know if all of a sudden you are really going to change a 33/34 yr old keepers game by now. 

Celtic - Bain/ Gordon

Aberdeen - Lewis

Hibs- Marciano

All the keepers you have listed have an error in them too.

AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, DarthVodka said:

Heard today that basically it’s just Wigan’s end left to sort out. Possibly why heading back south just now 

That was posted on here days ago. 

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, daftie said:

Celtic - Bain/ Gordon

Aberdeen - Lewis

Hibs- Marciano

You can’t say that all the keepers in your list are better than ours and then out down “can’t remember his name” for the St Mirren keeper :lol:

Anyway, none of your list are beyond the odd mistake. Perhaps only McGregor has really shone this season. 

The Dundee Utd keeper -Seagrist - has stood out over the okay off games so will be interesting to see him in a few weeks.