***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

and the last goal he scored was 22nd sept 2018

Yup.

He's broken.   Which is probably why he is  trying to come back to Edinburgh. 

To retire.

Edited by Lovecraft

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

38 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d take Holt. 

You can have him. Keep him away from Hearts please :D

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, Dunks said:

You can have him. Keep him away from Hearts please :D

Totally agree ! If we want to move onto the next level we need far better than holt 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, daveyhmfc said:

All  depends on what walker we get. That is the critical question.

Attitude won't be a problem,  if it was no chance it could happen. 

Knee however........

jamboinglasgow

If Jamie Walker comes back and is fit and focused (I know it's a big if) then he will be a big player for us. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

No chance levein will go for JW.

Levein has been courting jw for a number of months now. Deal on table JW just needs to negotiate release from Wigan which is not as smooth as first hoped. Source JW

3 minutes ago, sam? said:

Levein has been courting jw for a number of months now. Deal on table JW just needs to negotiate release from Wigan which is not as smooth as first hoped. Source JW

Ok, I believe it now.

6 minutes ago, sam? said:

Probably because they realise whats happened and now want their money back! Can't blame them, but we should be prepared to walk away if Walker and his wonderful super ethical agent can't sort something out. We're not the first club his agents tried to punt his client to whilst under contract...

Leveins Battalion

I am not sure what to make of this transfer window,in a way I am glad we are not jumping in signing journeymen but part of me thinks that this is Leveins what 4th window? since becoming manager and surely ground work is done on targets and his mind is clear on what he wants and where we are going,hopefully we see movement in the next week to get players ready to go at the start of the season,fed up with being a rehabilitation club.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Mort said:

Jamie Walker improves our current squad. Therefore I would take him. 

This. Martin out, Walker in. All of a sudden we have a proven attacking midfielder at a good age. Like any signing we’d know if it’s a good one after the first  round of fixtures. Or in some

people’s minds after the first 5 mins of the first game.

Biffa Bacon
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I am not sure what to make of this transfer window,in a way I am glad we are not jumping in signing journeymen but part of me thinks that this is Leveins what 4th window? since becoming manager and surely ground work is done on targets and his mind is clear on what he wants and where we are going,hopefully we see movement in the next week to get players ready to go at the start of the season,fed up with being a rehabilitation club.

The January windows are not much good unless you have money to spend, as decent targets will be under contract until the end of the season. The other main problem of changing managers too often is that each will inherit players that they don't really fancy, a difficult task to rectify when budget is tight. 

Walker has literally not played football in 2019.

He is coming back from yet more surgery, and most probably will not play in 2019 at all.

TyphoonJambo
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This. Martin out, Walker in. All of a sudden we have a proven attacking midfielder at a good age. Like any signing we’d know if it’s a good one after the first  round of fixtures. Or in some

Agreed but, we need to temper the contract to keep him hungry whilst also reflecting the fact that he's returning from injury. A fit and motivated Jamie Walker will do well for us.  

Phil D. Corners
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Said similar about a month ago. At the time i said swapping Sammon for Walker would improve the squad even if he kicks the ball just once. 

Nobody wanted Webster back, but he came back and did a job. 

Nobody wantwd Temps back, but people were wanting him back before his move from Hamilton to Burton. 

5 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

He is coming back from yet more surgery, and most probably will not play in 2019 at all.

Aidy White hasn’t played since 2017? Doesn’t seem to be an issue for us signing players. 

Mr Elwood P
20 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

Wonder  how many pages this thread will get to before we sign someone. I think that it will be in excess of 80 pages.

I think we will see some activity this week. 

TyphoonJambo

I acknowledge the fact that my standards are low and my tactical football knowledge is akin to that of a herring but if we signed Walker and Lafferty i would proper Stanton myself.

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Aidy White hasn’t played since 2017? Doesn’t seem to be an issue for us signing players. 

Yep, but White won't be getting what Walker would expect to be paid.

If we get him on loan and pay 25% of his wage, fair enough.

Tenaciousdandy
7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Does anyone know how he is coming along with his injury/fitness? 

Aidy white, Naismith, Uche, haring, JW ? Worries me about how many games they will actually play and this time next year we will be saying if only all these players weren't injured for so long.

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Yep, but White won't be getting what Walker would expect to be paid.

If we get him on loan and pay 25% of his wage, fair enough.

Any player is a risk at the rung we shop at and the number one problem with the money ball approach. Jamie walker improves us so I’d take him. Lafferty improves us so I’d take him. I get why people are wary of Walker, I didn’t like the way he positioned himself with Rangers but let’s not pretend we wouldn’t do the same if someone was offering us 15k a week. He had bad advice and has paid the price for it, spent his best years not playing football and is looking to come back to a club he knows and can rebuild his confidence. He will also be able to learn for the likes of Naismith etc so it’s a no brainer for me. 

Haringshairband
14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Aidy white, Naismith, Uche, haring, JW ? Worries me about how many games they will actually play and this time next year we will be saying if only all these players weren't injured for so long.

This is my worry too.

Edited by Haringshairband

Absolute Scenes

I watched the YouTube video of all walkers goals for hearts and I must say if we can’t get this Jamie Walker back he instantly improves our attack

the issue is his injuries...

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Any player is a risk, at any level. It's professional sport. It happens.

Gareth Bale. Alexis Sanchez. Kieran Tierney.

Because a player plays at a level below EPL, or Championship, doesn't mean he's 50% more likely to get injured than someone playing at a higher level. 

If anything, people playing 50-60 games a year like the top team's players, are at more disadvantages due to the increased stresses put on their bodies. 

Yeah I don’t disagree. My point wasn’t solely on injuries tho. At our level and approach ie the moneyball/broken player, is always risky. Look at Martin, Sammon, Watt and Vanecek etc. It comes with the territory was more my point. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, busby1985 said:

Yeah I don’t disagree. My point wasn’t solely on injuries tho. At our level and approach ie the moneyball/broken player, is always risky. Look at Martin, Sammon, Watt and Vanecek etc. It comes with the territory was more my point. 

We took a lot of risks to accelerate our squad building the last few years after admin. We'll be taking many fewer or at least lower risks from now on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I watched the YouTube video of all walkers goals for hearts and I must say if we can’t get this Jamie Walker back he instantly improves our attack

Precisely 

If Walker is signed his wages should be based on appearances.

He shouldn't be getting anything like the offer he knocked back before he left.

He is very much on trial imo.

21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We took a lot of risks to accelerate our squad building the last few years after admin. We'll be taking many fewer or at least lower risks from now on.

Good to hear. 

Phil D. Corners
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If Walker is signed his wages should be based on appearances.

He shouldn't be getting anything like the offer he knocked back before he left.

He is very much on trial imo.

For sure. I assume his last deal was biased on his potential to get a large transfers fee. I don’t see that happening. 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It has been different to a number of windows in the recent past, in as much as excluding Halkett, who was effectively tie up before the season finished there have been no other arrivals yet. It could raise questions along the lines of are we giving more consideration to who we want, are we speaking to players but not convincing them, etc. etc. I read a link on a Hearts SC Facebook page saying that we are targeting 3 strikers still to come in. I do think a bit more depth in the squad would help but would also hope the people we are looking at are players who are better than we have in the positions we are looking to fill, so we can only really wait and see how it unfolds (it ain't long now until the competitive season starts again and HMFC won't be the only club looking to recruit, in fact there hasn't really been an awful lot of incoming business involving Scottish clubs).

49 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Does anyone know how he is coming along with his injury/fitness? 

Been doing running and training himself, fully ready to start pre-season

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It has been different to a number of windows in the recent past, in as much as excluding Halkett, who was effectively tie up before the season finished there have been no other arrivals yet. It could raise questions along the lines of are we giving more consideration to who we want, are we speaking to players but not convincing them, etc. etc. I read a link on a Hearts SC Facebook page saying that we are targeting 3 strikers still to come in. I do think a bit more depth in the squad would help but would also hope the people we are looking at are players who are better than we have in the positions we are looking to fill, so we can only really wait and see how it unfolds (it ain't long now until the competitive season starts again and HMFC won't be the only club looking to recruit, in fact there hasn't really been an awful lot of incoming business involving Scottish clubs).

Aside from Aberdeen no-one's been making many signings so far so I don't know what the panic is. Ourselves, Rangers, Celtic and Hibs all seem to have got one or two in so far with a few released or sold or ending contracts as well. Hibs have the biggest rebuilding job to do and have two very underwhelming signings so far.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Apparently they've got £250k laying around, and want to spend that on a Forest Green striker.

We're all shopping at the same supermarket.

The bit with the 2 day old bread for cheap :) 

Effectively Naismith and Halkett should be our first two signings. Happy with that level so far!

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Jason Holt available anyone  :)

I was surprised we loaned the lad out to SU then when his contract ended Rangers snapped him up.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, mitch41 said:

I was surprised we loaned the lad out to SU then when his contract ended Rangers snapped him up.

Holt rejected a contract offer with us, went to try his luck in England then we got a fee from Rangers for him.

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Had a cyst removed from knee. Not troubling him now which was his ongoing problem. 

Does anyone know where Walker is at present?  If he is in Edinburgh that might suggest something.  If Hearts are interested, I'm sure they will be able to assess his general attitude.  I hope he's bursting to play football.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Does anyone know where Walker is at present?  If he is in Edinburgh that might suggest something.  If Hearts are interested, I'm sure they will be able to assess his general attitude.  I hope he's bursting to play football.

Was near Eskmills within last day or so - no idea if there’s a car park there tho 

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

A wee pal for Aidy White then ..

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Instagram had him at Ian Black’s house yesterday 

11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

His instagram story last night was a video panning around someones garden and a comment on the weather with a sun and Scotland flag emoji. He had tagged Ianblack.6 so presumably was at his house. Or maybe he's down south and playing along lol. He def reads kickback though

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hiya, Jamie!

If you're reading this, & you're coming back...get your finger out. You lazy, work-shy ****er. ??

Welcome back. Maybe. xx

:lol:

GorgieRules22

I’ll be delighted if he comes back. Time to knuckle down though and see this as a big chance to put his career back on track. There’s not been many players in the past wee while that have got us off our seats but on his day he was one of them.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm not sure that was what CL said or meant.  I think he said he was after 3 attacking players which could have included 1 or even 2 attacking MFs.  My guess would be 2 strikers and 1 attacking MF but that may change depending on what happens with Djoum.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Mort said:

Jamie Walker improves our current squad. Therefore I would take him. 

He improves our current squad if he's fit and up for it. If he isn't both of those things, he doesn't! 

4 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

All  depends on what walker we get. That is the critical question.

:spoton: