***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Djoum often walks a tight rope. 

Puts his foot in ( and leaves it in...) a lot, I really don't see this no heart/ passion thing at all with him. 

Each to their  own, tho. 

Probably the longest persisting myth in JKB history.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

KyleLafferty

Most of Djoums bookings are the ‘taking one for the team’ kind. Amount of times haring and Lee lose possession stupidly.

11 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Puts his foot in ( and leaves it in...) a lot, I really don't see this no heart/ passion thing at all with him. 

Each to their  own, tho. 

He’s clumsy. There’s a difference. He’s not a very demonstrative player. Certainly not a gritty player in the Adao or John Millar mould 

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Where did Adao end up - I still think he’d have done a job for us.

He was only on loan wasn’t he? Doubt he’s played since. 

2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Still at FC Sion and don't think he has played a game since he finished his loan.

3 minutes ago, gjcc said:

I recall we were after him ate the end of his loan, Sion wanted too much, we moved on, then they released him on a free.

JamboAl1965
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

How is Cumdog doing?

I think he would be a good signing for us.

Where did I put my tin hat now??????

Isnt he a free agent at the end of the month? Thought it was a three year deal at Forest 

AlphonseCapone
26 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Most of Djoums bookings are the ‘taking one for the team’ kind. Amount of times haring and Lee lose possession stupidly.

Nah, most are because he is shite at tackling. You can see it happening in slow motion, just doesn't seem to be able to pull out when it's blatantly obvious he won't get there. Djoum is a good footballer, awful tackler. 

tartofmidlothian
11 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He’s clumsy. There’s a difference. He’s not a very demonstrative player. Certainly not a gritty player in the Adao or John Millar mould 

This is it. I don't think he's lacking in heart, he put in a few good shifts last season, but he's not a Scott Brown, the kind of player whose presence intimidates. The closest we have to that is Naismith, although I think Souttar and Uche are giving it a good go.

I'd love to see that type of character running our midfield next season, it's what we need the most. Someone in the mould of Cameron, Jackson, Brellier or Black.

8 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

This is it. I don't think he's lacking in heart, he put in a few good shifts last season, but he's not a Scott Brown, the kind of player whose presence intimidates. The closest we have to that is Naismith, although I think Souttar and Uche are giving it a good go.

I'd love to see that type of character running our midfield next season, it's what we need the most. Someone in the mould of Cameron, Jackson, Brellier or Black.

I wonder if Cochrane might be able to do that role to an extent? He doesn't look intimidating in the slightest, but he's not afraid to put it about a bit.

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wonder if we intend to give opportunities to Harry stone in an effort to keep him

Thought he had signed for Watford? 

52 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Each to their  own, tho. 

He takes a lot of punishment also

Hamilton especially 

CloustonHMFC
24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Thought he had signed for Watford? 

There was interest from Watford but still with us, for now. 

CloustonHMFC
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

How is Cumdog doing?

I would definitely take him in our team, think him and Uche could work well together.

Uche, Cummings, Walker and Naismith ?

Yes please. 

CloustonHMFC
45 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Isnt he a free agent at the end of the month? Thought it was a three year deal at Forest 

Next year mate. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Forest open to offers. Around the 500k mark. As they are with a lot of their players, who they've deemed surplus to requirements. There's plenty of them there.

Unless he impresses O'Neill in pre-season, (his career at Forest since 2017 suggests otherwise) he'll be living the high-life in Scunthorpe or Grimsby in the not too distant future.

They wont get 500k, loan with a view to a permanent, pay a proportion of his wages. He wont be at Rangers or Celtic, Aberdeen have their forwards, be ourselves or Hibs again.

Unless as you say he does the League 1 tour

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Forest open to offers. Around the 500k mark. As they are with a lot of their players, who they've deemed surplus to requirements. There's plenty of them there.

Unless he impresses O'Neill in pre-season, (his career at Forest since 2017 suggests otherwise) he'll be living the high-life in Scunthorpe or Grimsby in the not too distant future.

If we really wanted him Forest might be amenable to a deal, or a loan, as they have just signed Sammy Ameobi from Bolton on a free.

35 minutes ago, gjcc said:

I want some of what David has been smoking...

E8206D4C-AFB1-4C0D-AE58-F61D4690DDB1.jpeg

He's trying to be respectful. Fair play to the lad.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

He's not clumsy ffs.

If he was Clumsy he'd be no where near a National team coached by Seedorf and Kluivert.

One of the Most ridiculous thing Iv'e heard on hear.

Adao was just dirty and a bit slow, his career probably backs that up ( not even checking). John Millar ( a cult hero of mine) was a poor player but chipped in with goals. He is also no where near the standard of Djoum as a midfielder.

Gritty players are on good if they can actually play as well.

23 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bit harsh mate. Penthouse flat in Cleethorpes, holiday cottage in Skegness, immoral female seaside town dwellers and the cheapest bevvy in the UK. Who could resist that?

12 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He's not clumsy ffs.

If he was Clumsy he'd be no where near a National team coached by Seedorf and Kluivert.

One of the Most ridiculous thing Iv'e heard on hear.

Adao was just dirty and a bit slow, his career probably backs that up ( not even checking). John Millar ( a cult hero of mine) was a poor player but chipped in with goals. He is also no where near the standard of Djoum as a midfielder.

Gritty players are on good if they can actually play as well.

He plays when he fancies it and he is most certainly clumsy and makes silly needles tackles. In my opinion of course. If he stays I’m happy enough but if he goes  he’s certainly not irreplaceable. Again IMO

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wonderful Amusement Arcades, in fairness.

Keep him occupied on his days off. Rather than smashing his flat up again.??

He does have a bit of the Scunthorpe about him to be fair. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He plays when he fancies it and he is most certainly clumsy and makes silly needles tackles. In my opinion of course. If he stays I’m happy enough but if he goes  he’s certainly not irreplaceable. Again IMO

He's not irreplaceable , think everyone agrees on that.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wonderful Amusement Arcades, in fairness.

Keep him occupied on his days off. Rather than smashing his flat up again.??

Crazy golf as well, you would have to keep any eye on him though in case he went full Craig Bellamy...

6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Grimsby Docks would do him

Samuel Camazzola
53 minutes ago, Barack said:

His next move has got Salford City written all over it. 

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

You've not heard of either Evangelos Marinakis, or Ioannis Vrentzos then(?) :lol:

Any player who leaves that club, won't be leaving on the cheap, due to the kindness of Marinakis' heart. Trust me.

If he goes in the summer...more than likely the final fee won't be far off 500k. Not nearer 250k either. Forest are still a financial basket-case for the foreseeable, and all monies need recouping to the highest possible terms. 

Your point is....?

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

:lol:

Easy, Al. They are notoriously difficult to deal with & to say the least...dodgy.

That was all. I never expected anyone to know who they are, or much about them in all honesty.??

You’ve been questioned.  It’s a long tired ridiculously boring way back from here lad. 

Cruyff Turn
2 hours ago, gjcc said:

Fair play to him. All the best fatty. 

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

You’ve been questioned.  It’s a long tired ridiculously boring way back from here lad. 

A brilliant addition to the transfer debate.

Well thought out!

Stephen Muddie
10 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I like when folk compare our players to others with phrases like, "all keepers make mistakes but ours make more than others". How do folk know these things unless you're always watching other teams? Sportscene shows you 5 minutes out of 90, folk know that eh? 

I agree with the jist of your point, it's a good one, however when a keeper makes a mistake it can all too often equate to a goal being conceded. Highlights of Scottish football are two-bit and biased, but one thing you can rely on from the clowns is getting to see all the goals every team score. 

Leveins Battalion

If our first 3 signings are Halkett,Naismith and Walker then I would say that is a fantastic start to the transfer window.

AlphonseCapone
6 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

I agree with the jist of your point, it's a good one, however when a keeper makes a mistake it can all too often equate to a goal being conceded. Highlights of Scottish football are two-bit and biased, but one thing you can rely on from the clowns is getting to see all the goals every team score. 

Definitely, I take and accept that point. 

Stephen Muddie
5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Probably the longest persisting myth in JKB history.

I think it's from the (a?) spell where he was coming back from injury and not really performing anywhere near his best. I'm not fussed if we keep him or not anyway. On the subject of his bookings record, I am of the opinion he's just shite at tackling.

Stephen Muddie
5 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Nah, most are because he is shite at tackling. You can see it happening in slow motion, just doesn't seem to be able to pull out when it's blatantly obvious he won't get there. Djoum is a good footballer, awful tackler. 

Well that's me caught up with like the last 5 pages... This is how I see Djoum and his tackling, think I already quoted a reply from last page saying pretty much the same.

4 hours ago, gjcc said:

:cornette: Oh, Dave :facepalm:

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

4/10 mate... very good. Can see that zooming by many at low altitude, like a flying telly.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Fair play to him. All the best fatty. 

:rofl:

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If our first 3 signings are Halkett,Naismith and Walker then I would say that is a fantastic start to the transfer window.

:spoton:

Feck it let's just get big Laff back too. Agree with others we need a few annoying *******s in the team. He's one, Naismith can be another. Ideally we'd have a whole team of Pasquale Brunos.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Barack said:

You've not heard of either Evangelos Marinakis, or Ioannis Vrentzos then(?) :lol:

Any player who leaves that club, won't be leaving on the cheap, due to the kindness of Marinakis' heart. Trust me.

If he goes in the summer...more than likely the final fee won't be far off 500k. Not nearer 250k either. Forest are still a financial basket-case for the foreseeable, and all monies need recouping to the highest possible terms. 

Not sure how that makes any difference to someone paying for him to be honest 

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

A brilliant addition to the transfer debate.

Well thought out!

Thanks pal 

7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

How is Cumdog doing?

I don't know if you're joking or not, but I'm not. I think Cummings would be a shrewd signing. We're not hibs. Arseholery isn't tolerated and I think if Levein is able to control Lafferty, Cummings wouldn't be difficult to manage. 

He's getting to that point where his career could go by the wayside. I think coming to a club he wants to play for (he's a hearts fan ffs) would give him plenty of motivation to succeed. The fans wouldn't take to him straight away, but if he hit the ground running I'm sure he'd win everyone over. 

Shame is, I think he's tried to get back a couple times and Levein has KB'd him each time. 

Still think Mark O'Hara would be an ideal signing given Peterborough don't want him anymore. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't know if you're joking or not, but I'm not. I think Cummings would be a shrewd signing. We're not hibs. Arseholery isn't tolerated and I think if Levein is able to control Lafferty, Cummings wouldn't be difficult to manage. 

He's getting to that point where his career could go by the wayside. I think coming to a club he wants to play for (he's a hearts fan ffs) would give him plenty of motivation to succeed. The fans wouldn't take to him straight away, but if he hit the ground running I'm sure he'd win everyone over. 

Shame is, I think he's tried to get back a couple times and Levein has KB'd him each time. 

Still think Mark O'Hara would be an ideal signing given Peterborough don't want him anymore. 

O’Hara to other side of the city. 

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

O’Hara to other side of the city. 

If they're in for him I think we should be too. Great player at Dundee, seems to have had a bit of a stumble down south but has those Levein attributes (Tall, physical, actually decent too). 

It would be an absolute travesty if we let them sign him without trying to get him. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

If they're in for him I think we should be too. Great player at Dundee, seems to have had a bit of a stumble down south but has those Levein attributes (Tall, physical, actually decent too). 

It would be an absolute travesty if we let them sign him without trying to get him. 

It could be back to the whole Djoum conundrum but definitely, I hope So. 

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

As a caveat to Cummings. Forest were back pre-season training at Woolaton Park today.

Cummings, & Ariyibi amongst about 5 or 6 others, weren't present.

Whatever that tells you. 

I refuse to believe Levein had an issue with the fitness and attitude of big Dave but will risk Walker and Cummings coming in hardly played for 2 years to act the class clowns.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

As a caveat to Cummings. Forest were back pre-season training at Woolaton Park today.

Cummings, & Ariyibi amongst about 5 or 6 others, weren't present.

Whatever that tells you. 

Nae playin?

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Never heard of him. Is he an attacking or defensive mid? Seems to have played both.

If he's attacking Walker has a much, much better pedigree and would bring something different to the team. If he's a more defensive mid, we have Haring and Bozanic and Smith can play there. I can see why Hibs might be interested to replace Milligan or one of their countless other midfielders who just left.