***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I didn’t realise the police were in operation this evening, you're more reactionary than some of our serial hun defenders running from thread to thread! 

These are valid points borne of watching us every week. I will be there tomorrow hoping to see signs of progress, the hope is the team steadily improves this season. The bottom line is we are all Hearts fans, polarising every single discussion achieves nothing.

Every week? We've only played one league game. It's a new season with half a new team. Last season is completely irrelevant. Surely you can see how we've added quality in key positions? This whole seasons overlapping into each other is a very new thing. We've hit restart, let's see what happens.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I genuinely like Bobby. He obviously gets the club and I believe is a good guy but football is brutal.

Same. He’s a decent keeper, good shot stopper, but you know what this clubs like now, everything’s picked apart under the microscope and it’s unforgiving. Doyle getting a new deal and now this, it seems all very sudden. His missus must want up the road or something. 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Both players go to ground for tackles so lots of bookings for Damour I think

Not so many if he manages to win the ball cleanly, looks to be good at timing his tackles.  As much as I liked Djoum, his timing wasn't always great and he ended up picking up a lot of fairly soft bookings.  

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Same. He’s a decent keeper, good shot stopper, but you know what this clubs like now, everything’s picked apart under the microscope and it’s unforgiving. Doyle getting a new deal and now this, it seems all very sudden. His missus must want up the road or something. 🤷‍♂️

Craig Gordon was a vampire when it came to crosses. Lets see what happens tomorrow. As I said its nothing like a done deal but does show we are looking.

rudi must stay

Man Utd keeper could be Joel Pereira

Interesting one. Young keeper who's highly rated within United (he's been at the club a long time and they tend to release young players they don't think have a chance of making it)

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

54BB2422-6ACF-4D1A-91C0-65DEB8A302CC.jpeg

WTF is Cleberson wearing?

Does he have a not so hidden colostomy bag?

Special Agent Dale Cooper
16 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Tbf I'd class Kleberson and CR7 as a reasonable transfer window...

9 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I genuinely like Bobby. He obviously gets the club and I believe is a good guy but football is brutal.

I would agree, I've nothing against the guy personally, but eventually, if we are continuing to improve our first team, we'll reach a point where a good guy with a great attitude is no longer of the required standard.

I've said elsewhere, coming into this window we had far higher priorities than the GK position.  However, it seemed inevitable to me that, as we improved other areas of the team, the GK position would eventually assume higher priority.  It now seems as if we've reached the point where the GK position is seen as the next area of weakness to be sorted.

I'd be delighted if we can address this in the current window, I had sort of resigned myself to sticking with Bobby and Colin for the time being as we focused on strengthening other areas of the team.  If we can get a genuine quality upgrade this window then it will have been fantastic business.

Robbo-Jambo
49 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Right.....so here is what I've been told. We are talking to Man Utd about a loan deal for a keeper. I would take him👍

As long as its not that big lanky guy that made loads of cock ups at the end of last season. 😥

25 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Tbf I'd class Kleberson and CR7 as a reasonable transfer window...

Me too, chose the wrong google image.

BackOfTheNet

Any YouTube video should be taken with a pinch of salt, a goalkeeper one even more so but here’s the obligatory vid:

There's a few others available too if you search. Can’t really surmise too much from the videos. There were a couple of excellent saves, but I would say a Zlamal video could feature much more in that regard. Seems comfortable in rushing out to intercept play and a good penalty stopper (not so much in the video above but on others that one). Seems quick and agile but can’t say looks too confident at crosses. Eager to come out to get them but seems to collect at second or third attempt even in highlights packages. Could cause nerves at Tynecastle with that one (as Doyle does).

If it’s Pereira we’re going for I wouldn’t get too excited because of the club he’s contracted to. At 23 with only 36 first team appearances (his last loan out he had no league appearances) he’ll still be very raw. Then again Bachmann only had 30 first team appearances at 24 before going on loan to Kilmarnock.

Put it this way, I’m all for a new keeper, but I don’t think anyone on this forum can say they’ve seen enough of Pereira to say he’s better than what we have. Which of course he COULD be, IF he signs. Could be talking about a situation that’s not going to happen anyway.

If Bobby is away and we know Dyle has resigned I see it that Levein like Doyle as back up but also as a mentor and anther model pro to have around. If we are indeed looking at a loan deal for our 1st choice keeper that to me hints at a return for Gordon in January or next summer 

I've always thought we were going to fork out a bit of money in the transfer market this window

Interesting times ahead.

Re Man City - yeah I’d ****ing hate having some sort of working relationship with one of the top 3 teams in the world with the best manager in the world.

Are folk on drugs.

We wouldn’t do anything unless it benefitted is in some way

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Barack said:

I know it says in the title there are “interesting attacking options” but am I missing something or is the Levein quote actually in the article just saying “interesting options”? I mean it’s interesting either way but the actual article content doesn’t discuss player type or position as far as I can see.

4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Any YouTube video should be taken with a pinch of salt, a goalkeeper one even more so but here’s the obligatory vid:

There's a few others available too if you search. Can’t really surmise too much from the videos. There were a couple of excellent saves, but I would say a Zlamal video could feature much more in that regard. Seems comfortable in rushing out to intercept play and a good penalty stopper (not so much in the video above but on others that one). Seems quick and agile but can’t say looks too confident at crosses. Eager to come out to get them but seems to collect at second or third attempt even in highlights packages. Could cause nerves at Tynecastle with that one (as Doyle does).

If it’s Pereira we’re going for I wouldn’t get too excited because of the club he’s contracted to. At 23 with only 36 first team appearances (his last loan out he had no league appearances) he’ll still be very raw. Then again Bachmann only had 30 first team appearances at 24 before going on loan to Kilmarnock.

Put it this way, I’m all for a new keeper, but I don’t think anyone on this forum can say they’ve seen enough of Pereira to say he’s better than what we have. Which of course he COULD be, IF he signs. Could be talking about a situation that’s not going to happen anyway.

He played 5 games in the "play-offs" which is essentially equivalent to the post-split games here.

Not convinced he's the answer, but maybe we'll find out soon.

8 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Right.....so here is what I've been told. We are talking to Man Utd about a loan deal for a keeper. I would take him👍

Thought you were totally against loans Notts 😳

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Just seen this and went a bit stiff . I would wager last week's concert was a winner more ways than one 

Edited by Sir Gio

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Feckin hell. 

Fergie out of retirement to chase his dream of managing Hearts. 

They other two would add a bit quality as well. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Drooling+doesnt+mean+its+in+pain+or+have+problems+if+_792d30732edfaef8dc9d5314f1e96ad2.jpg

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A few exits over the next few weeks. 

Lee Bozanic Zlamal Zanatta Wighton possibly Maclean but I think he will be content to see it through. 

That's my guess based on what we know and this morning's news 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A few exits over the next few weeks. 

Lee Bozanic Zlamal Zanatta Wighton possibly Maclean but I think he will be content to see it through. 

That's my guess based on what we know and this morning's news 

All squad fillers and none of them good enough if we are being honest 

57 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I know it says in the title there are “interesting attacking options” but am I missing something or is the Levein quote actually in the article just saying “interesting options”? I mean it’s interesting either way but the actual article content doesn’t discuss player type or position as far as I can see.

Was just about to post the exact same thing. Where did the attacking part come from? Hoping it's interesting goalkeeping options 

AlphonseCapone

With the business we've done already, in terms of coming in and punting the guys we have, still trying for Whelan and possibly 1 or 2 "exciting" options, this is my favourite transfer window in a long time. Feels like we are really up the quality of the squad and bringing in guys that will help our talented youngsters immensely. 

Wait the now?  Have Hearts ran this past JKBs financial approval panel?

BackOfTheNet

Asked about the possibility of any further additions, Levein said: “There’s another couple of things on the horizon. One or two things have come up that might happen and are quite interesting.”

So, Whelan...plus 2 others maybe. EEN seem to be surmising about the "attacking" part.

I’ve known from a very young age the headline is never often the actual case and the article itself can tell a different story or even contradict in some cases. Still amazes me that it’s not just the big stories but the little ones too. Probably something to do with the editor choosing headlines without reading the full article (common trait in the press). Still, could be two attacking options, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ve known from a very young age the headline is never often the actual case and the article itself can tell a different story or even contradict in some cases. Still amazes me that it’s not just the big stories but the little ones too. Probably something to do with the editor choosing headlines without reading the full article (common trait in the press). Still, could be two attacking options, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

Yeah

Headlines are often best ignored. Could easily be a goalkeeper too. 

10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The last article I read was the other way round. His wife loves Edinburgh and wants to stay here for good whereas Bobby is always looking to see if there is a better deal to be had somewhere else. He ahs been a bit of a nomad over the years so maybe he likes moving on.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Feckin hell. 

Fergie out of retirement to chase his dream of managing Hearts. 

They other two would add a bit quality as well. 

nope they both are in their 30s their legs will have gone and are past it

WheatfieldWarrior
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Doesn't mean the original headline was wrong.

EEN may have an idea of who is being hinted at.

58 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Wait the now?  Have Hearts ran this past JKBs financial approval panel?

Have they ran it past the Hearts Facebook group who are trying to organise a pressure group to “raise concerns” about the running of the club? 🤔

Auld Reekin'
16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The last article I read was the other way round. His wife loves Edinburgh and wants to stay here for good whereas Bobby is always looking to see if there is a better deal to be had somewhere else. He ahs been a bit of a nomad over the years so maybe he likes moving on.

He just likes leaving...?   :huh:

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Bloody hell

Looks like the benefactors have dropped by again. 

I can see myself getting this years fifa at this rate. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

He just likes leaving...?   :huh:

He just likes leaving his line into no mans land it seems :)

22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He should take her on a city break to Birmingham. His missus will soon forget all about Edinburgh. :wub:

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Thought you were totally against loans Notts 😳

If it means we guarantee to play him every week ahead of Bobby .... take him !!

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

With the business we've done already, in terms of coming in and punting the guys we have, still trying for Whelan and possibly 1 or 2 "exciting" options, this is my favourite transfer window in a long time. Feels like we are really up the quality of the squad and bringing in guys that will help our talented youngsters immensely. 

Totally agree ... great post