***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Let’s see you put your money where your mouth is on over/under 15pts. I’ll even give you the 15pts so needs to be 16 for me to win. How much you want? Whatever amount you feel comfortable. Can be for charity or otherwise, not fussed. 

Why would you bet on rangers? 

****ing hell. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Your point is garbage and makes no sense. They are nowhere near the force they were, quite clearly. Neither are Celtic. The Old Firm can’t attract the players they did as Scottish football has little pull. The problem which you seem unable to accept is that Hearts are even further down the pecking order to get players too so the gulf that existed is still easily as wide as it was when Rangers and Celtic did recruit a better standard of player, as we did too. That is the reality. None of the teams are as good as they were but the gulf still very much exists just at a collectively lower level. 

Scottish football is no better or worse than it's ever been. Some might say it's better as behind Celtic it's more competitive. Celtic can still attract good players (and managers). They're just choosing not to right now (possibly related to saving up for possible law suits).

Rangers still can't afford to, which is why they're signing much lower level players than they did previously, and it's great to see.

Away up in Gorgie
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Scottish football is no better or worse than it's ever been. Some might say it's better as behind Celtic it's more competitive. Celtic can still attract good players (and managers). They're just choosing not to right now (possibly related to saving up for possible law suits).

Rangers still can't afford to, which is why they're signing much lower level players than they did previously, and it's great to see.

It’s not in the least competitive though hahaha. You are completely delusional. They can’t attract the same players at all and we can’t at our level thus the gulf exists and will be larger with both sides now Rangers have a foot hold again. 

Away up in Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why would you bet on rangers? 

****ing hell. 

There is no pleasure betting on Rangers. The pleasure is laughing at some of the happy clapping delusional mups on here with their continual predictions of how great everything is when it’s palpably bullshit and they are constantly over many seasons proven wrong time and again yet still keep defending it. This only came about because one suggested Rangers squad is full of players who should be at Hearts level. So was asked that being the case why then will they be so far ahead of us come seasons end. Predictably he had no answer to that straightforward question! 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

It’s not in the least competitive though hahaha. You are completely delusional. They can’t attract the same players at all and we can’t at our level thus the gulf exists and will be larger with both sides now Rangers have a foot hold again. 

Below Celtic, Killie finishing 3rd and Aberdeen finishing 2nd for a few years, not competitive? You obviously have great admiration for Rangers even though they had to scrape a last minute win against Killie in their first game. Are you maybe a youngster? Scottish football used tp be a two-horse race every year. Now it's a one horse race with 2nd being a very realistic target for the likes of us and Aberdeen if we can hold it together for a season. Point is the financial gulf between Celtic and the rest is massive. The gulf between Rangers and the rest is nowhere near as big as it used to be, despite still being massive. That *should* make it more competitive. It's why we were able to beat Rangers to the Championship title for example. You must have been gutted!

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Lol, aye right! You are very much in the crew of totally backing to the hilt the regime regardless of how far off you are each and every season. One of the jam mañana crowd! 

I knew you wouldn’t have the stanes to back your latest “we’ll be miles better” proclamation :rofl:

"regime" 🤣

Away up in Gorgie
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Below Celtic, Killie finishing 3rd and Aberdeen finishing 2nd for a few years, not competitive? You obviously have great admiration for Rangers even though they had to scrape a last minute win against Killie in their first game. Are you maybe a youngster? Scottish football used tp be a two-horse race every year. Now it's a one horse race with 2nd being a very realistic target for the likes of us and Aberdeen if we can hold it together for a season. Point is the financial gulf between Celtic and the rest is massive. The gulf between Rangers and the rest is nowhere near as big as it used to be, despite still being massive. That *should* make it more competitive. It's why we were able to beat Rangers to the Championship title for example. You must have been gutted!

As I say, delusional. Aberdeen got 2nd because of Rangers were firstly out of the league and subsequently rebuilding. Nobody outside the old firm will be close to 1st or 2nd again anytime soon. As they compete again with one another the gulf will be vast between them and the rest.  

The irony with you is this: you actually understand that Hearts have potential but you are totally happy with complete mediocrity and place no demands whatsoever on the footballing side of the club. We could be in so much better a place on the pitch with the possibility if things fell into place to be a regular and sustainable 3rd force and occasionally get closer as we’ve done in the past. However you’ve backed and continue to back someone who has literally no chance of doing such nowadays. It’s amazing you think what you do about our position in things yet are such a staunch defender of continual failure. 

Edited by Away up in Gorgie

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Manchester to Belgium.

As in Joel Pereira has went back on loan to Kortrijk or is this a nod to what he has done and is a cryptic hint?

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As in Joel Pereira has went back on loan to Kortrijk or is this a nod to what he has done and is a cryptic hint?

Has he gone back? I genuinely don't know.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

As I say, delusional. Aberdeen got 2nd because of Rangers were firstly out of the league and subsequently rebuilding. Nobody outside the old firm will be close to 1st or 2nd again anytime soon. As they compete again with one another the gulf will be vast between them and the rest.  

The irony with you is this: you actually understand that Hearts have potential but you are totally happy with complete mediocrity and place no demands whatsoever on the footballing side of the club. We could be in so much better a place on the pitch with the possibility if things fell into place to be a regular abc sustainable 3rd force and occasionally get closer as we’ve done in the past. However you’ve backed and continue to back someone who has literally no chance of doing such nowadays. It’s amazing you think what you do about our position in things yet are such a staunch defender of continual failure. 

Rangers only finished 11 its ahead of both Killie and Aberdeen last season. They haven't won a cup for 10 years. In fact they've only been in 1 cup final in 10 years.

I'm not the one saying Rangers will finish 20 pts above us. I think we can challenge them despite them having a much bigger budget and owning the refs, that's my point! They are vulnerable if us, Aberdeen, Hibs and someone else can all have decent injury-free seasons. Going back to the original argument, that's because they don't have players anywhere near the stature of the ones they used to, for example Steven Naismith is up there at an equal level to their best signings recently. That never happened when Rangers were stronger. 

Away up in Gorgie
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Rangers only finished 11 its ahead of both Killie and Aberdeen last season. They haven't won a cup for 10 years. In fact they've only been in 1 cup final in 10 years.

I'm not the one saying Rangers will finish 20 pts above us. I think we can challenge them despite them having a much bigger budget and owning the refs, that's my point! They are vulnerable if us, Aberdeen, Hibs and someone else can all have decent injury-free seasons. Going back to the original argument, that's because they don't have players anywhere near the stature of the ones they used to, for example Steven Naismith is up there at an equal level to their best signings recently. That never happened when Rangers were stronger. 

So you want to take the same charity bet? You are totally underestimating them and as always think we are in a much healthier place on the park than is based on any recent evidence or reality. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

So you want to take the same charity bet? You are totally underestimating them and as always think we are in a much healthier place on the park than is based on any recent evidence or reality. 

If the charity raises funds to rid Hearts forums of Rangers-loving trolls, sure!

BarneyBattles44
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Where’d you get that one from? 

The cryptic . Manchester - Belgium

Came up with Club Brugge GK Ethan Horvath

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

There is no pleasure betting on Rangers. The pleasure is laughing at some of the happy clapping delusional mups on here with their continual predictions of how great everything is when it’s palpably bullshit and they are constantly over many seasons proven wrong time and again yet still keep defending it. This only came about because one suggested Rangers squad is full of players who should be at Hearts level. So was asked that being the case why then will they be so far ahead of us come seasons end. Predictably he had no answer to that straightforward question! 

So, You get pleasure betting on rangers against Hearts fans who think we'll ll do well to prove them wrong? 

You’ll do this by betting on rangers over Hearts over a season. 

Again, ****ing hell. 

Also, his post never said what you are saying it did. 

But, even if it did the point you are trying to prove.... ****ing hell. Why? 

Cruyff Turn
Just now, BarneyBattles44 said:

You’ve got Sherlock Holmes shitting himself. 😄 

BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You’ve got Sherlock Holmes shitting himself. 😄 

I wonder what Watson's doing 

Away up in Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So, You get pleasure betting on rangers against Hearts fans who think we'll ll do well to prove them wrong? 

You’ll do this by betting on rangers over Hearts over a season. 

Again, ****ing hell. 

Also, his post never said what you are saying it did. 

But, even if it did the point you are trying to prove.... ****ing hell. Why? 

No I get pleasure in knowing what I’m talking about without the need for the constant wearing of maroon specs! The level of delusion of some Hearts fans is beyond belief and even when they are proven clueless time and time again they come back with the same BS based on nothing but their own little fantasy world. If you don’t like what you read simply ignore it, not a tricky concept! 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Ante Palaversa, City - Central Midfield

Joel Pereira, Utd - Goalie

2 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

No I get pleasure in knowing what I’m talking about without the need for the constant wearing of maroon specs! The level of delusion of some Hearts fans is beyond belief and even when they are proven clueless time and time again they come back with the same BS based on nothing but their own little fantasy world. If you don’t like what you read simply ignore it, not a tricky concept! 

Being a Hearts supporter I like wearing maroon specs. The funny thing is I don't even need glasses.

BarneyBattles44
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

WTF where you get that ?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, BarneyBattles44 said:

WTF where you get that ?

Looked for Man City or Utd loan players in Belgium last season 😂 No idea what I'm talking about though.

Away up in Gorgie
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Being a Hearts supporter I like wearing maroon specs. The funny thing is I don't even need glasses.

Absolutely, talking Hearts, the history of the club and the memories they’ve given us on the pitch is one of my favorite things. No need to bullshit and make stuff up about the current nick of the football though. It’s been brutal for several seasons now and pretending we are something we aren’t and the reality isn't that the Huns are back to being miles ahead of us isn’t for me. 

3 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Their team/squad is way better than our’s so again you are wittering nonsense. It is beyond delusional to argue otherwise. 

Let’s no bother then

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Cool. 

You’ll get a bit of Hearts bias on here tho, it's a Hearts forum. 

You could take your own advice at the end as well, if you see a Hearts fan bigging us up, being delusional as you call it, you could just ignore it rather than bet on our rival teams being better than us. 

Anyway, on topic, our business has been good, we'll be closer to rangers, how much closer I couldn't say, I hope for as close as possible, obviously if you have bets on the rangers, you'll be hoping they spank us again. 👍

BarneyBattles44
7 minutes ago, Gav M said:

What was the Manchester - Belgium thing all about??

Seemingly its cryptic

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Predicting Rangers will be 20+ pts ahead of Hearts is not too tricky just reality. 

I’ll take this bet seeing as you’re in such a generous mood. £50 to Big Hearts from the loser.

@Away up in Gorgie?

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

Did you pay up on your last bet Franko?

Did indeed and posted a screenshot 👍🏻

Did you pay up on your Godinho bet?

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I’ll take this bet seeing as you’re in such a generous mood. £50 to Big Hearts from the loser.

@Away up in Gorgie?

He’s already chucked £50 squid to Charity tonight. He’ll be wanting an MBE for all these Charitable donations come May 2020. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Some hunch. Do you live in a recently burnt down Cathedral? 

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Screenshot_20190809-224806_Google.jpg

Horrible badge. No class pairing yellow and red.

Away up in Gorgie
6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

@Away up in Gorgie?

The bet line was set at 17.5pts. 

£50 to Big Hearts if you want. 

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Did indeed and posted a screenshot 👍🏻

Did you pay up on your Godinho bet?

Well done Franko 

Yip big Hearts £100 better off 

Away up in Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cool. 

You’ll get a bit of Hearts bias on here tho, it's a Hearts forum. 

You could take your own advice at the end as well, if you see a Hearts fan bigging us up, being delusional as you call it, you could just ignore it rather than bet on our rival teams being better than us. 

Anyway, on topic, our business has been good, we'll be closer to rangers, how much closer I couldn't say, I hope for as close as possible, obviously if you have bets on the rangers, you'll be hoping they spank us again. 👍

As I said to Johan I hope he wins. I’m capable of separating what I believe to be the likelihood of Hearts achieving much this season whilst at the same time hoping the team prove me wrong! Tricky for some to understand but not my problem!  Maybe Levein will get his FIRST EVER Tynecastle win over them..... 😎