***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

39 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Theres a few sources, but this article concentrated on the Manchester City link, so I think it’s fine to put it here, as it’s football related: 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/23/uae-human-rights-man-city-jailing-british-academic

Thanks. Interesting read. 

Furthermore, City and any connections  we have with them can GTF  whilst they are involved with the UAE IMO.

Edited by Pans Jambo

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You’re assuming wrongly imo we have no say in what players come to our club or are doing those at the club a disservice. Using your example why on earth would we take a young great prospect left back on loan when we have that very thing at our club ? 

Id like to think we’d use the opportunity to fill holes in our team not stop our own development.  

Most loan deals involving EPL clubs tend to have a requirement for the player to play in a certain number of games.

I seem to remember Klopp being very critical of one club (can't remember who) due to them not "fulfilling the terms of the loan deal".

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It's quite simple.

We have Hickey (for example) and then citeh send a good quality young LB on loan. They (citeh) will expect him to play in a certain number of games, therefore stopping Hickey from playing as often. The player then goes back but will never get a game for their first team so is sold on to say Stoke for £4-5M.

Meanwhile Hickey's development has stalled due to lack of game time.

I've used Hickey as an example but it could be any of our promising young players

Hence why I said we are coming at this from a different perspective

that’s not how it would work, your of the view that city would dictate who we take and who we play.. that’s not how any of these tie up works as far as I’m aware.

If that was the basis for the agreement it would be a non starter. 

Its on the Hearts website. Scarf above the head!

Welcome to the Jambos!!!

(Doesnt say how long this contract is for though)

Edit: it does. 4 Years!

Edited by Pans Jambo

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hence why I said we are coming at this from a different perspective

that’s not how it would work, your of the view that city would dictate who we take and who we play.. that’s not how any of these tie up works as far as I’m aware.

If that was the basis for the agreement it would be a non starter. 

Think we'll leave it t that, looks like there could be something more interesting to talk about coming up

OmiyaHearts

Seems like a very impressive piece of business. Well done to all at the club involved for getting this done!

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Think we'll leave it t that, looks like there could be something more interesting to talk about coming up

👍🏻

Dallas Green

4 years? They are the new shree year deals!

Hopefully this lad is the real deal. I don't really know much about him. 

I did notice the tweet says big sip...

Maybe another announcement today?

kingantti1874
Just now, andrew said:

Seems a great signing on paper.

Well done to Eddie who called this a good while back.

sshh.. nobody has any insight ever didn’t you know.. never ever ever 

Pleased with this. Between now and the end of the window if we can get one more midfielder in (maybe dependant on Lee leaving), a GK and another forward player in (perhaps Wighton out) then I would be delighted. Would imagine there are a couple more bodies likely to go out on loan as well.

Turning into a potentially very good window - 5 players in who should all be in and around our 1st XI. Hopefully 1 or 2 fringe players still to go and replaced with one more quality midfielder/goalie. 

30 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Most loan deals involving EPL clubs tend to have a requirement for the player to play in a certain number of games.

I seem to remember Klopp being very critical of one club (can't remember who) due to them not "fulfilling the terms of the loan deal".

Absolutely but I was meaning we wouldn’t take a player for a position that isn’t required or would hinder our own young prospects. 

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

:naughty:

I very much hope not.

Nobody could get that unlucky twice mate, not even us! :lol: 

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I had a quick look on that site and couldnt find the UAE/Man City thing. Can you post a link (maybe start a thread in the Shed though).

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/united-arab-emirates/

If people want to debate the point then by all means start a thread in the Shed, I think it's pretty cut and dried personally. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
8 hours ago, RobNox said:

Nor would I, but they aren't going to be sending any of their best youngsters to us.

Barker could be a possibility in January. 

5 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Doubtful.....

He’s signing for Rangers.

Tynecastlesmychurch
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Doubtful.....

He’s signing for Rangers.

Bugger the one example I choose from! 

Unless he takes a massive step up I'm not sure how he'd actually improve on what they have? Hmm seems a strange one especially with Middleton going out on loan. 

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

The way EPL clubs handle the loans of their young players to European clubs will likely change after 31 October 2019 when Brexit kicks in.  Work Permits for foreign players who do not have the requisite number of full international caps will likely be denied.  EU citizens will be allowed entry but players from Africa, South America, Asia, etc. will probably be denied.    

Interesting times.

CloustonHMFC
23 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Bottom of pic also says big sip!  Does that mean more than 1 midfielder confirmed today?

Said the same thing when Walker signed so wouldn’t look too much into the ‘big sip’

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

A solid GK, Whelan or similar, a right winger and centre forward and I’ll be more than content.

I'm already content compared to where we were last season, but always room for improvement. 

And it seems like we have budget for another quality player, be it Whelan or another.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
39 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Bottom of pic also says big sip!  Does that mean more than 1 midfielder confirmed today?

I'm going to say no, on the basis, its took long enough to get 1, what really are the odds on 2?

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

I'm already content compared to where we were last season, but always room for improvement. 

And it seems like we have budget for another quality player, be it Whelan or another.

Gordon in january😁

11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

A solid GK, Whelan or similar, a right winger and centre forward and I’ll be more than content.

We will get Whelan or similar and that will be it I think.

35 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The way EPL clubs handle the loans of their young players to European clubs will likely change after 31 October 2019 when Brexit kicks in.  Work Permits for foreign players who do not have the requisite number of full international caps will likely be denied.  EU citizens will be allowed entry but players from Africa, South America, Asia, etc. will probably be denied.    

Interesting times.

Why would EU citizens be allowed in?

15 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Think you have to be realistic. There'll be one more addition and on paper, we're looking good I think.

Just now, jambogaza said:

Think you have to be realistic. There'll be one more addition and on paper, we're looking good I think.

If we can ship out the dead wood....starting with Bozanic and Lee....we will be in a position to add at least a couple more.

Someone has eluded to Bobby Zlamal possibly leaving so we’ll need to replace him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Ball player, take the pressure off Irving in one sense and add it to him with a mentor and competitor for that niche. That would make me hugely satisfied with the window.

Keeper is a bonus, Bozo and Coco, still not flavour of the month with me

Castle rock
2 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

I agree 1 more midfielder and a new gk (we wont get one) and we have a very good team I believe washington naisy Walker will all get double figures this season got to have faith.

if Wheelan wants to sign i expect he will be the only player to come in. I liked Olly but think he will leave. Bozanic i think is a tidy wee player and good back up.

Tynecastle Valhalla

It has been an excellent transfer window so far - much better !

exactly the sort of players we should be signing 

Robbo-Jambo
29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm going to say no, on the basis, its took long enough to get 1, what really are the odds on 2?

Think there is a good chance we will. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, gov said:

if Wheelan wants to sign i expect he will be the only player to come in. I liked Olly but think he will leave. Bozanic i think is a tidy wee player and good back up.

I don't mind Bozanic, tidy but doesn't do very much else than stop. Hard to see where he and Wighton for example are going to get a game

1 hour ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Rangers making themselves very predictable IMO

How many wide men do they have now?

Jordan Jones

Jamie Murphy

Jake Hastie

Barker?

any more?

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I don't mind Bozanic, tidy but doesn't do very much else than stop. Hard to see where he and Wighton for example are going to get a game

I have to admit i do not rate wighton, game seems to fast for him and his confidence seems to have completely gone which is a huge shame. 

Boz will be brought on if Wheelan for example tires. I can see him coming on to keep the ball neat and just see out a game