***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

The bet line was set at 17.5pts. 

£50 to Big Hearts if you want. 

You stated 20+ points as reality. I think you’re talking shite therefore 20+ points is the bet.

Put up or shut up 👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

BarneyBattles44
24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ante Palaversa, City - Central Midfield

Joel Pereira, Utd - Goalie

Not ITK or suggesting any Hearts interest . thought I'd research both Lads. Ante. Man C payed £4.5M Age 19. Joel Age 23 €859 th. Both returned loans. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

As I said to Johan I hope he wins. I’m capable of separating what I believe to be the likelihood of Hearts achieving much this season whilst at the same time hoping the team prove me wrong! Tricky for some to understand but not my problem!  Maybe Levein will get his FIRST EVER Tynecastle win over them..... 😎

You’ve not really looked at it properly though.

You’re basing this on last season.

We’re a different animal this season. The players we’ve signed have improved us. We’ve got depth and there is no chance we’re going to lose the games we did last season because of a combination of injuries and low confidence. You’re talking 15-20 points dropped in that period. 

We also lost some ridiculous points to bad refereeing. Which lost is another 6 or 7.

Away up in Gorgie
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

You stated 20+ points as reality. I think you’re talking shite therefore 20+ points is the bet.

Put up or shut up 👍🏻

Ok you can have your £50 at 19.5pts. 20 pts or more you cough up the £50, 19 or less I will. 

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Not ITK or suggesting any Hearts interest . thought I'd research both Lads. Ante. Man C payed £4.5M Age 19. Joel Age 23 €859 th. Both returned loans. 

Ante boy sounds mint. Never heard of either before but Notts pretty much gave us that with the clue and folk posting about keepers. 

Away up in Gorgie
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

You’ve not really looked at it properly though.

You’re basing this on last season.

We’re a different animal this season. The players we’ve signed have improved us. We’ve got depth and there is no chance we’re going to lose the games we did last season because of a combination of injuries and low confidence. You’re talking 15-20 points dropped in that period. 

We also lost some ridiculous points to bad refereeing. Which lost is another 6 or 7.

I don’t believe the squad is that much better. The reliance on Naismith is absolutely massive. Some of the other signings it remains to be seen. I remain dubious about the depth and ability to score goals. I believe we will have a bigger points total, it would be difficult to be as poor but I also suspect Rangers will as they run Celtic closer. Saturday is a big game for Hearts season in my view, be interesting to see how we perform. 4 league wins this calendar year is evidence things need to improve big time. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Ok you can have your £50 at 19.5pts. 20 pts or more you cough up the £50, 19 or less I will. 

How’s he getting better odds? I’m reporting you to the gambling commission. 😌

Away up in Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

How do you live as a Hearts fan, with such a bleak outlook?

Life would certainly be real tough if you allowed Hearts to be the gauge of overall happiness :rofl:

BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Ante boy sounds mint. Never heard of either before but Notts pretty much gave us that with the clue and folk posting about keepers. 

I'm not sure. Wheres Notts .Cryptic is no use

Away up in Gorgie
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

How’s he getting better odds? I’m reporting you to the gambling commission. 😌

1. Its Frank and I honestly can’t be ****ed going back and forth with him 😂

2. He didn’t make outlandish predictions 5pts less than me! 

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

I have a strong suspicion you won’t be around in a month’s time let alone nine months time (under that user name anyway) but on the off chance you are then you’re on.

👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

Away up in Gorgie
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

What do you mean?

I mean people take things way too seriously. 

Edited by Away up in Gorgie

Away up in Gorgie
Just now, To Be Frank said:

I have a strong suspicion you won’t be around in a month’s time let alone nine months time but on the off chance you are then you’re on 👍🏻

Happy to escrow if necessary! 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

I don’t believe the squad is that much better. The reliance on Naismith is absolutely massive. Some of the other signings it remains to be seen. I remain dubious about the depth and ability to score goals. I believe we will have a bigger points total, it would be difficult to be as poor but I also suspect Rangers will as they run Celtic closer. Saturday is a big game for Hearts season in my view, be interesting to see how we perform. 4 league wins this calendar year is evidence things need to improve big time. 

I seen improvement last weekend when we scored two at Pittodrie for the first time since probably our 3-1 win there with Pinilla. 

Of course we we rely on Naisy, he’s our best player but we know Walker can score and Denzel will once he gets one. I think Damour will be better than Djoum and we’ve added Halkett as well. We’re miles better. 

I think we’ll finish 3rd this season and we won’t be 20+ points behind Rangers in 2nd. Celtic will spend 15-20million in the next few weeks and move away from the rest again.

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

I'm not sure. Wheres Notts .Cryptic is no use

Notts is near Derby. 👍🏼

Its a guessing game. Someone posted that we were looking at a keeper yesterday or earlier today. Then Notts said Manchester - Belgium. So it’s the keeper surely? Who was at Man Utd, then went to some Belgian side last January. 

Plus we’ve signed Damour, still talking to Whelan apparently, so that would probably rule out this Ante boy. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I seen improvement last weekend when we scored two at Pittodrie for the first time since probably our 3-1 win there with Pinilla. 

Of course we we rely on Naisy, he’s our best player but we know Walker can score and Denzel will once he gets one. I think Damour will be better than Djoum and we’ve added Halkett as well. We’re miles better. 

I think we’ll finish 3rd this season and we won’t be 20+ points behind Rangers in 2nd. Celtic will spend 15-20million in the next few weeks and move away from the rest again.

I don’t see it as being that simple. The signings we have made look of better quality and should improve us but I still think a lot of our issues are about set up, coaching and tactics. Tomorrow is going to be interesting to see how we will set up against teams who come to defend at Tynecastle and we still look like conceding careless goals in every game. There is a lot of work to be done with the team. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Notts is near Derby. 👍🏼

Its a guessing game. Someone posted that we were looking at a keeper yesterday or earlier today. Then Notts said Manchester - Belgium. So it’s the keeper surely? Who was at Man Utd, then went to some Belgian side last January. 

Plus we’ve signed Damour, still talking to Whelan apparently, so that would probably rule out this Ante boy. 

Not likely to up the ante then?

Away up in Gorgie

I hope you are right but I don’t think you will be. If we have a good season and are best of the rest that will be great but I still anticipate that it will be a country mile behind both as us / Aberdeen / Hibs / Well / Killie cut each others throats continually. Looking at last seasons table I think we could possibly get around an extra 10-13 pts which at the top end would give us 64. There is no way the Huns will draw 9 and lose 6 again. If there is a more competitive title race I see them finishing mid 80’s. 

3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I don’t see it as being that simple. The signings we have made look of better quality and should improve us but I still think a lot of our issues are about set up, coaching and tactics. Tomorrow is going to be interesting to see how we will set up against teams who come to defend at Tynecastle and we still look like conceding careless goals in every game. There is a lot of work to be done with the team. 

Another backdoor attempt to criticise the manager

Why don't you just say it out loud instead of hiding behind posts like this.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Aye, it’s a different game tomorrow from what it was at Aberdeen. The emphasis is on us to break them down and create the chances, unless Ross County come and play to win, then it’s a bit more open. 

BarneyBattles44
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Hey....im not near Derby.....Derby is near me. I didn't sell my soul to an online betting company 😉

Can you confirm the cryptic manchester - Belgium has been solved please Notts. I forget who the member was said" its right in front of your face" regarding GK

Edited by BarneyBattles44

Just now, CJGJ said:

Another backdoor attempt to criticise the manager

Why don't you just say it out loud instead of hiding behind posts like this.

I didn’t realise the police were in operation this evening, you're more reactionary than some of our serial hun defenders running from thread to thread! 

These are valid points borne of watching us every week. I will be there tomorrow hoping to see signs of progress, the hope is the team steadily improves this season. The bottom line is we are all Hearts fans, polarising every single discussion achieves nothing.

4 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Their team/squad is way better than our’s so again you are wittering nonsense. It is beyond delusional to argue otherwise. 

The Rangers will be lucky to see the season out with all those legal bills they have. They are desperate to punt Morelos.

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Can you confirm the cryptic manchester - Belgium has been solved please Notts

It's been solved further up this thread. Look towards DC and a former president.

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

I hope you are right but I don’t think you will be. If we have a good season and are best of the rest that will be great but I still anticipate that it will be a country mile behind both as us / Aberdeen / Hibs / Well / Killie cut each others throats continually. Looking at last seasons table I think we could possibly get around an extra 10-13 pts which at the top end would give us 64. There is no way the Huns will draw 9 and lose 6 again. If there is a more competitive title race I see them finishing mid 80’s. 

We’ll soon see. Rangers haven’t strengthened much and they’ve lost Candeias and Kent. They got lucky v Killie already and they will have the same battles v Hibs at Easter Road, Aberdeen at Pittodrie, Motherwell at Fir Park and hopefully us as well at Tynie. 

Look at the games we chucked last season. Livi home and away, 4 points, St Mirren and away 4 points, Dundee at home 3 points, Killie at home 1 point, Motherwell away 1 point, Hamilton away 3 points. Then cheated out of 4 points against St Johnstone away and Rangers at home. 20 points chucked in total that should never happened and won’t this season imo given we’ve strengthened.

Tomorrow will of course tell us a bit more. 

Cruyff Turn
12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Hey....im not near Derby.....Derby is near me. I didn't sell my soul to an online betting company 😉

😄 Disgraceful that. 

8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Can you confirm the cryptic manchester - Belgium has been solved please Notts. I forget who the member was said" its right in front of your face" regarding GK

skysports-joel-pereira-manchester-united

BarneyBattles44
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It's been solved further up this thread. Look towards DC and a former president.

Are you suggesting we're in for Pereira ?

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

skysports-joel-pereira-manchester-united

Right.....so here is what I've been told. We are talking to Man Utd about a loan deal for a keeper. I would take him👍

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Right.....so here is what I've been told. We are talking to Man Utd about a loan deal for a keeper. I would take him👍

Quality. Must be good if he’s at Man Utd 🤷‍♂️

34 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

A lot of similarities between Djoum and Damour from the clips I've seen. I think Damour just does eveything a bit quicker.

BarneyBattles44
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Thanks Notts I thought another members previous posts were wind ups.

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Not sure if he is any good.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

A lot of similarities between Djoum and Damour from the clips I've seen. I think Damour just does eveything a bit quicker.

I thought he was more like Adao but a better all round player. Horses for courses. He looks decent. Definitely an upgrade on what we have at the moment that’s for sure.

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Lee Grant ?

BarneyBattles44
2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Class

156534965419191524.jpg

I thought he was more like Adao but a better all round player. Horses for courses. He looks decent. Definitely an upgrade on what we have at the moment that’s for sure.

Both players go to ground for tackles so lots of bookings for Damour I think

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Not sure if he is any good.

I have no idea. I never research this stuff....especially on a Friday night. I will say I have been told no names but just putting what I have been told and maybe getting it right or wrong.

34 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Happy to escrow if necessary! 

Won't the escrow fee make a big dent on the bet?  I think it's a minimum of £10 so a £50 bet would become worth £40 to the winner.

I am perfectly happy to hold the funds in my own account free of charge and I promise that I definitely will not have spunked it all by the time the season ends.  The account is registered in the Cayman Islands, from a Virgin Islands subsidiary, and I can supply you with the details if you PM me.

Alternatively, you can send me Bitcoin, again PM me for details.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He only has to be better than Bobby. :laugh:

I genuinely like Bobby. He obviously gets the club and I believe is a good guy but football is brutal.

BarneyBattles44
4 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Both players go to ground for tackles so lots of bookings for Damour I think

Look to Damours eyes. He concentrates winning ball n makes sweet passes. Don't look like fouls.  He gonna cut up SPL midfields n they can get booked.