***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Hectormasson
Just now, JamboAl said:

Is he a striker?  Yes or No.

I'm not arguing whether he is a good or bad striker nor whether we should keep him

No he isnt a striker hes a  s...e player also signed by levein ...

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

No he isnt a striker hes a  s...e player also signed by levein ...

Was that what you came on a transfer thread to say?

A bit sad, is it not?

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Was that what you came on a transfer thread to say?

A bit sad, is it not?

No not sad just the truth ! Which a lot that come on this site sadly dont admit too, like the stupid levein 51%out  49% in ,that kind of crap

Might have missed this but I assume Olly Lee is staying given the English window is closed or can he move as a ‘free’ transfer?

46 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You are just being stupid with some of these comments now.

We all know Hickey was suspended so I should have said excluding Injuries and SUSPENSIONS what a naughty boy I am. You knew exactly what my point was.

Your replies always say what would you have done. If you read what I have said you would understand what I would have done.

I would have started with Mulraney wide left and allowed Naismith to support our Strikers which is where he is most effective in my opinion and Mulraney with his pace would have nullified the threat RC caused us down that side. Naismith was not helping White who I thought did well all things considered. ( I think this was part of RC's plan to pressure the new guy in his first full game)

Bobby and Berra have caused us issues on numerous occasions not only in our last two games but in the cup final as well so that would suggest to me that this is an arera that should be worked on and it doesn't look as if it is or else they are just not good enough.

CL stated earlier that he was not looking for another Goalkeeper however if the rumours are true then that has changed.

Washington said I don't think we got the shape right as a group of players that the Manager wanted, not sure exactly what that means but to me it highlights the fact that they don't understand properly what they should be doing. Why is that all they all that thick they don't understand? I don't think so.

Good points but hindsight is easy. When we saw the team lineup at 2 on Sat virtually everyone in our group thought what an attacking lineup, how many will we score and several bets were placed before ko. 

Just didn’t happen though, no idea why. Confidence does seem to be an issue and that could just be down to a lot of the players carrying injury, returning from injury or just not yet matchfit. Think those three possibilities covers about six of the starting 11 and then add in the confidence wrecker in goals and it’s not great. 

If I’m right things should get better soon. If I’m wrong we are in trouble. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Might have missed this but I assume Olly Lee is staying given the English window is closed or can he move as a ‘free’ transfer?

League 1 and 2 windows still open and that’s his level. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

only the epl and champ closed. League 1 open

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Good points but hindsight is easy. When we saw the team lineup at 2 on Sat virtually everyone in our group thought what an attacking lineup, how many will we score and several bets were placed before ko. 

Just didn’t happen though, no idea why. Confidence does seem to be an issue and that could just be down to a lot of the players carrying injury, returning from injury or just not yet matchfit. Think those three possibilities covers about six of the starting 11 and then add in the confidence wrecker in goals and it’s not great. 

It's not really hindsight though because I have been suggesting a settled lineup and formation for ages barring injuries and suspensions.

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

Leo mitzuno I heard

Of course, sorry.

Wee flashback there - I loved Mizuno footy boots back in the day.  Well comfy!  Could really feel the winger's knee through them.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Of course, sorry.

Wee flashback there - I loved Mizuno footy boots back in the day.  Well comfy!  Could really feel the winger's knee through them.

Haha, the golf shoes werny bad either.......could really feel the wingers knee through them as well 😆

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Yeah this is where I’m at! When I seen the team I was confident we would win and it was a case of how many. The team probably couldn’t have been more attack minded in terms of the personnel playing. 

Having had a few days thinking about it, confidence is definitely the biggest issue! They are all good players we have but are so low in confidence it’s unreal. When you are watching the game it’s like they are scared to get on the ball and give the guy on the ball options. They would rather take the easy route and hit it long into a channel or into uche. Sometimes it’s not a players fault for going long as what’s he going to do if he has no options!? Even when we have the ball in the final third there seems to be limited options. I look back to the Dundee united game and even though the score line was poor the performance itself was actually good in terms of controlling the game and creating chances. it would be good to get back to this level of confidence as the players were obviously buzzing as it was first game of the season but sadly it’s just went downhill since as we never got the win and goals have been lacking. 

Hopefully Motherwell is the game we need. Away from home so not as much fan pressure from the stands and it’s also against a team who won’t sit in against us.

Also going by Levein comments we may have a couple of new faces? A goalkeeper I think is a must as Bobby has started the season so poorly and if Whelan does sign then hopefully he is the kind of player we need! Someone to get on the ball and control a game from the middle of the park. 

Murphy,if true, would not  be a smart move.A left sided player is not needed IMO.Keeper,midfield anchor and goalscorer.these are the players who we need most.

We have no pace throughout the team and that is a major problem!

For what its worth with Soutter injured along with the fact that none of our full backs/wing backs have the natural energy or pace required to play a 3 it probably has to be a back 4.

In my view that leaves us one defensive midfield player that substantially sits - Damour (played OK for first game on Saturday) Haring when fit

The other 5 players must include a wide man = Mulraney who has pace and is busy enough defensively as well

The remaining four - A centre forward as part of a two = Uche & Washington

Leaves only 2 more spaces - Naismith has to take one and Clare (who played well on Saturday)/Walker (slow and anonymous on Saturday) /Irvine/Cochrane the other. NONE of which (apart from possibly Cochrane) are great FORWARD passers of the ball and we are then probably lightweight in midfield and have no real pace in the team - Mulraney excepted.

White played reasonably well for 60 minutes on Saturday which again is a positive.

To get round the lightweight and lack of pace the option would be play Washington supported by Naismith as the front two this gives us more mobility.

We then need to find 2 players with a bit of pace and that are better passers of the ball - Compromise territory as Clare /Walker/Irvine/Cochrane are probably one but not the other.

If I was to buy only one player for this Hearts Team it would be a creative midfield player - Bruno type player that leaves Clare /Walker/Irvine/Cochrane fighting it out for the last place.

Buying Whelen slows the team down again.

Haring who has been first class has no pace either.

For me unless Naismith is injured I struggle to get Walker in the Team.

Uche needs to improve fitness and be ready to take his chance off the bench etc.

Zamal

Smith Halkett Berra Hickey

Damour

Clare    Irvine    Mulraney 

Naismith

Washington

Is about the best we can do at present.

For a system that starts with 5 at the back with wing backs pushing forward I would go - 

Zamal

Halkett Smith Berra

Hickey                         Mulraney

Damour

Clare     Irvine   Washington

Naismith 

Scrappy 1-0 against Motherwell would be gratefully accepted!

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Is he a striker?  Yes or No.

I'm not arguing whether he is a good or bad striker nor whether we should keep him

Al, the trouble is that most people on this thread confuse hindsight with insight as does Mikey Stewart 

13 minutes ago, jambo2524 said:

We have no pace throughout the team and that is a major problem!

For what its worth with Soutter injured along with the fact that none of our full backs/wing backs have the natural energy or pace required to play a 3 it probably has to be a back 4.

In my view that leaves us one defensive midfield player that substantially sits - Damour (played OK for first game on Saturday) Haring when fit

The other 5 players must include a wide man = Mulraney who has pace and is busy enough defensively as well

The remaining four - A centre forward as part of a two = Uche & Washington

Leaves only 2 more spaces - Naismith has to take one and Clare (who played well on Saturday)/Walker (slow and anonymous on Saturday) /Irvine/Cochrane the other. NONE of which (apart from possibly Cochrane) are great FORWARD passers of the ball and we are then probably lightweight in midfield and have no real pace in the team - Mulraney excepted.

White played reasonably well for 60 minutes on Saturday which again is a positive.

To get round the lightweight and lack of pace the option would be play Washington supported by Naismith as the front two this gives us more mobility.

We then need to find 2 players with a bit of pace and that are better passers of the ball - Compromise territory as Clare /Walker/Irvine/Cochrane are probably one but not the other.

If I was to buy only one player for this Hearts Team it would be a creative midfield player - Bruno type player that leaves Clare /Walker/Irvine/Cochrane fighting it out for the last place.

Buying Whelen slows the team down again.

Haring who has been first class has no pace either.

For me unless Naismith is injured I struggle to get Walker in the Team.

Uche needs to improve fitness and be ready to take his chance off the bench etc.

Zamal

Smith Halkett Berra Hickey

Damour

Clare    Irvine    Mulraney 

Naismith

Washington

Is about the best we can do at present.

For a system that starts with 5 at the back with wing backs pushing forward I would go - 

Zamal

Halkett Smith Berra

Hickey                         Mulraney

Damour

Clare     Irvine   Washington

Naismith 

Scrappy 1-0 against Motherwell would be gratefully accepted!

We do have pace. Mulraney and Wahington are particularly nippy. Uche is no slouch either.

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

With Wighton now needing an op we're going to need another striker to replace his goals.

I don't think we do. Washington has already matched Wighton for goals last season and this season.

I think we'll be fine but may miss Vanecek's goals.

Portable Badger

May now need another fecker in - Wighton reportedly may need knee surgery according to EEN

Edited by Portable Badger

14 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

May now need another fecker in - Wighton reportedly may need knee surgery according to EEN

any chance of them just removing his legs and replacing them with a footballers?

on facebook the lafferty rumours are getting going again. logic being that CL may now be desperate enough in attempt to get goals and fans onside

The Future's Maroon
Just now, Barack said:

Probably started by him.

Posting a pic of him in Hearts top and the wee pray emoji on his Instagram will be what kicked that off no doubt, but you have to wonder, why would he even post that without there being something in it?!

MaskedMarauder
2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Posting a pic of him in Hearts top and the wee pray emoji on his Instagram will be what kicked that off no doubt, but you have to wonder, why would he even post that without there being something in it?!

That isn’t his Instagram. He doesn’t have an account on there according to his Mrs. Another fake account and that picture has got all the wee dafties in our support excited. It’s not happening 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Lower leagues (1 and 2) in England are Sept 2nd? like Scotland Dave

8 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

There are loads of people on Twitter etc wording wording their posts to suggest they know something. Just guesswork or wishful thinking. 

6 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

That isn’t his Instagram. He doesn’t have an account on there according to his Mrs. Another fake account and that picture has got all the wee dafties in our support excited. It’s not happening 

I was dubious as wasn’t sure it was his account. Looks like an old

account which has been recently reactivated with no posts showing and bobby one of the followers.  The pic was taken when you click on their story 

58 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

We do have pace. Mulraney and Wahington are particularly nippy. Uche is no slouch either.

But with a ball at there feet?? :balmoral:

We are a team that lacks pace. 

19 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Probably because he is as thick as ***** and trying to drum up some attention as usual.

32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There are loads of people on Twitter etc wording wording their posts to suggest they know something. Just guesswork or wishful thinking. 

There are loads of people on here that do the exact same thing. Doesn't necessarily mean anything! 😎 

MaskedMarauder
29 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I was dubious as wasn’t sure it was his account. Looks like an old

account which has been recently reactivated with no posts showing and bobby one of the followers.  The pic was taken when you click on their story 

He’s never had an Instagram account for god knows how long now. Wouldn’t read too much into it with Bobby following it either. He follows a lot of dubious “loyalist Hearts” accounts that I’ve seen on Instagram. Think he just follows anything that is remotely Hearts related without really knowing who/what it is 😂

26 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

But with a ball at there feet?? :balmoral:

We are a team that lacks pace. 

You don't need to run fast to play fast football. 

Make the ball do the work. It can move much faster than anyone can run.

3 hours ago, Barack said:

He'll be moving. Spending all his time down Saaf with his family now.

Was at Oriam training last week. I was talking to him. Up to his missus whether he stays or not. 

Just now, Bauld said:

Aye. If the brain works faster it’s a bigger benefit. 

Cohesion isn’t borne out of blistering pace.  Plenty players with pace out there who lack a genuinely good footballing brain. It’s finding the balance I suppose in having fast players and intelligence in possession. 

Obviously pace helps but we have the conundrum just now of having it dotted about the team but lacking craft to complement it.  

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Aidy White looked pretty fast for someone who hasn’t played for 30 months? Clare and Damour decent engines as well.  

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Was at Oriam training last week. I was talking to him. Up to his missus whether he stays or not. 

He was training today.  

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

Correct! The older i got the further forward i went. 😄

That's what i don't get with Mr Wrestle mania wannabe. Use your strength,  pass and move. Play the ball, not the man. He just wants to be known as the strongest in the SPFL.

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Correct! The older i got the further forward i went. 😄

That's what i don't get with Mr Wrestle mania wannabe. Use your strength,  pass and move. Play the ball, not the man. He just wants to be known as the strongest in the SPFL.

and don't fall over  all the time either

It wouldn't be the first time we tried to sign Jamie Murphy, he played as a trialist for us as a youth player and scored a hat trick. We offered him a contract but he signed for Motherwell instead as his parents weren't able to get him through to Edinburgh several times a week for training and matches.

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

any chance of them just removing his legs and replacing them with a footballers?

😂

We can but dream !!

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Only finished for English Prem and Championship ... all other leagues finish with us on 2 September

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Disco Ball said:

Only finished for English Prem and Championship ... all other leagues finish with us on 2 September

I guess the loan window is still open for Championship clubs as well? Though I can’t see him getting a Championship club.

6 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

No not sad just the truth ! Which a lot that come on this site sadly dont admit too, like the stupid levein 51%out  49% in ,that kind of crap

It may be the truth, or may not, but WTF has it got to do with a summer transfer thread?