***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Just now, wavydavy said:

It would have been nice to have been a fly on the wall though and hear what they were saying.

Yeah, suppose, without knowing what was said it's hard to tell what was covered

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

He said in the interview that i read, 

I don't think we got the shape that the mangager wanted right as a group of players.

Was it that complicated that they couldn't understand? 

It was interesting to that in the same interview he was talking about Harsh words in the Hearts Dressing Room and when asked who had led this discussion he replied, just the players.

The players like Levein. They will take responsibility for the mess as he will also defend his players to the death.

The truth is both are to blame. Levein didn't get it right and the players failed to match County in hard work and for the most part quality with and without the ball.

They look like a team still taking time to gel and that is to be expected. We have a new defensive partnership, New strike partnership and now a new midfield partnership. That is going to take time to click as players get to know how their new partners play. There is also the time needed to bring the whole thing together as one unit.

I've no doubt we will get better but Levein has to start letting these guys take a few gambles as well. We aren't hurting teams because we are too safe.

Just now, Jooglesjeer said:

Anyone else heard anything about Jamie Murphy from rangers on loan? 

No but as soon as I saw that Gerrard wants him to go out on loan to prove his fitness I thought no doubt we would be interested.

At least the guy has pace but is he fit to play now which is really what we need.

3 minutes ago, Jooglesjeer said:

Steven Gerrard says he could go on loan.

He wouldn't play against Rangers and might not play on artificial pitches though. 

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

The players like Levein. They will take responsibility for the mess as he will also defend his players to the death.

The truth is both are to blame. Levein didn't get it right and the players failed to match County in hard work and for the most part quality with and without the ball.

They look like a team still taking time to gel and that is to be expected. We have a new defensive partnership, New strike partnership and now a new midfield partnership. That is going to take time to click as players get to know how their new partners play. There is also the time needed to bring the whole thing together as one unit.

I've no doubt we will get better but Levein has to start letting these guys take a few gambles as well. We aren't hurting teams because we are too safe.

Excluding injuries it would be nice and helpful to the players if CL plays a settled team and formation so that they can gel better and learn the system he wants them to play instead of tinkering.

Just now, Barack said:

Are you only going on the basis that Gerrard's looking to loan him out somewhere, due to the fact of his recovery from his knee injury & the others now in front of him?

Or you've actually heard something...?

Chat on a rangers fan page apparently Dundee Utd are wanting him too just wondering if anyone else has heard or is it shite

9582C235-DAE9-4449-8CDC-B21037B4744D.jpeg

They were clearly told to match Aberdeen's work rate and physicality last week but not this week. Happens a lot especially at home. It's such a mess. Should never have got this bad.

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He said in the interview that i read, 

I don't think we got the shape that the mangager wanted right as a group of players.

Was it that complicated that they couldn't understand? 

It was interesting to that in the same interview he was talking about Harsh words in the Hearts Dressing Room and when asked who had led this discussion he replied, just the players.

Davy, this is a transfer thread .  There are other threads for your usual rant.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

What's with the Spanish "exclusive"?

:lol:

Couldn’t load the other screens shots😂 best I can do, il leave the “rumours” to the expert fans on this outstanding fan forum that is kickback ...👍

24 minutes ago, Jooglesjeer said:

Hope not, good player but Gerrard said it would take him 4 months to be fit enough to get a game at ibrox

Murphy is a good player and could replace McLean if he moves on. Doubt Murphy will have any sort of future with Rangers so could be a loan with a perm move at the end. I'm hopefully at least 2 will be in this week with 1 more to follow. 

I'm still positive that we will come good. 

Edit: Ribble, didn't read that about Murphy. Unless he is 100% fit then there is no point in signing him. 

Edited by tokyowalnut

45 minutes ago, gov said:

Craig also said that the game plan is not hoofball but the defenders were just punting long. plenty times at the weekend Loic and claire came short to pick up the ball but the defenders would just punt it over there head

Sorry but if you're the manager, you give instructions to your team and the team don't follow them is that not the definition of having "lost the dressing room". Agree both Loic and Sean were playing far too deep like we had no midfield

Soapy Soutar
3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Hope not, good player but Gerrard said it would take him 4 months to be fit enough to get a game at ibrox

Oh well hes sure to be seen in a hearts top this week

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Personally don’t think he will pull on a rangers jersey again will be loaned out and prob join a team permanently after the loan , glen whelan taking a lot of time to come to a decision too but personally would rather get a keeper in before anything else at the moment 

31 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Happy to sign another player as ones so far has been decent. Wouldn’t hinder any new manager coming in. What’s apparent to me is that the players seem incapable of carrying out Levein’s tactics. Whilst the players must take an element of blame. It’s ultimately Levein’s fault and he needs to go to freshen things up.

Sacking the manager and coaching staff would likely give an immediate lift as players worry about their futures followed by a nosedive in form as seems to happen so often after a manager settles in. Nobody seems to understand the value of long-term planning except Mrs Budge fortunately.

From my point of view:

1) We have good players having shipped out almost all the dross now

2)  The coaching staff are also the same ones that had us have a winning start last season, beating Celtic 4-0 at 1-0 at Tynecastle in successive games and come close to beating them at Hampden and also 8 games without conceding the previous season so its ridiculous to say they are not fit for the purpose

3)  Injuries blighted our last campaign and had a knock on effect on confidence

4) Our squad is nearly completed now. People need to give the players a bit of time to get to know each other. Within the next few weeks I am sure everything will click.

21 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Sacking the manager and coaching staff would likely give an immediate lift as players worry about their futures followed by a nosedive in form as seems to happen so often after a manager settles in. Nobody seems to understand the value of long-term planning except Mrs Budge fortunately.

From my point of view:

2)  The coaching staff are also the same ones that had us have a winning start last season, beating Celtic 4-0 at 1-0 at Tynecastle in successive games and come close to beating them at Hampden and also 8 games without conceding the previous season so its ridiculous to say they are not fit for the purpose

4) Our squad is nearly completed now. People need to give the players a bit of time to get to know each other. Within the next few weeks I am sure everything will click.

Oh dear.  A reasoned post and you still have not been hammered by the resident moaners.

It'll never catch on.

9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

With Wighton now needing an op we're going to need another striker to replace his goals.

Is he a striker?

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Excluding injuries it would be nice and helpful to the players if CL plays a settled team and formation so that they can gel better and learn the system he wants them to play instead of tinkering.

How could have a settled team/formation excluding injuries?  Is that not a bit of an oxymoron?

On Saturday it is safe to assume our back 4 would have included Soapy and  Hickey and with 2 of that 4 missing how can we avoid "tinkering"?  We also brought in a guy to MF where we have been crying out for better quality.  Should we have excluded him from the squad?

Please tell us what you would have done.

PS - BTW I think our performance was poor on Saturday, tinkering ot not.

Edited by JamboAl

40 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

From my point of view:

1. Good players yes but the performances are way below the standard of player we have at the club

2. Individual games and brief run of form are in spite of the coaching not because of it imho

3. That they did but we should still have performed better than we did

4. The squad can be complete as it likes but the arrival or not of new players isn't the issue

For over a year now there have been the same issues on the pitch with zero indication that the issues have been addressed by the coaching staff.

- Throw in's, we have 2 throw ins, defensive and middle thirds it's the 1980's throw up the line for a flick on, final third it's a long throw to the near post for a flick on! There are times we have a player near to the throw in ready to take the ball but we instead wait until one of the two options above is ready and the opposition are ready to defend it.

- Passing behind the recipient - CL identified this himself in last seasons LC game v cowdenbeath and told the players at half time to pass the ball 2 feet further forwards so the recipient was moving onto the ball instead of waiting for it and having to cut back. This has not been addressed

- Distribution by our centre halves - No coaching is going to teach Berra to be Xavi esq in his passing but why not work on the movement ahead of/either side of him so he has a simple pass on? 

- Movement - our off the ball movement is shockingly bad, players don't make angles to receive the ball, they don't drag the opposition out of position, when did we last play a one two that didn't involve the two CB's?

21 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

With Wighton now needing an op we're going to need another striker to replace his goals.

😂

So it’s taken the club to around now to get a new goalie in (hopefully)

Its been obvious for months that the current 2 goalies are not good enough. Shambles.

5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

So it’s taken the club to around now to get a new goalie in (hopefully)

Its been obvious for months that the current 2 goalies are not good enough. Shambles.

This. An absurd state of affairs. Shambles indeed 😤

5 minutes ago, gov said:

Defo happening?

Nothing is defo and I don’t want lynched like Daza and Eddie the eagle but hearts and Jamie have had chats. 

Noticed Lafferty’s insta today as well....

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How could have a settled team/formation excluding injuries?  Is that not a bit of an oxymoron?

On Saturday it is safe to assume our back 4 would have included Soapy and  Hickey and with 2 of that 4 missing how can we avoid "tinkering"?  We also brought in a guy to MF where we have been crying out for better quality.  Should we have excluded him from the squad?

Please tell us what you would have done.

PS - BTW I think our performance was poor on Saturday, tinkering ot not.

The first comment I made was excluding injuries. What don't you understand about that. We all know Souttar is out and Halkett replaced him.

You know full well what I am on about because we have had this discussion previously about playing a settled team and formation injuries permitting.

Damour for me was one of our better players all things considered however was it wise to play Naismith in a wide left position and allow White to be so exposed in his first full league game for us and why drop Mulraney from the starting line-up.

When he eventually brought Mulraney on he started wide left and then moved to wide right to accomodate Henderson and moved Walker into the middle.

That's what I call tinkering and it doesn't help the players understand what shape etc they are meant to be playing.

Ross Co did their hoemwork on us and formulated a plan to upset us and it worked say a lot for CL's tactics. Oh sorry I forgot it was all the players fault.

lovereallyhurtwithoutdjoum
5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Nothing is defo and I don’t want lynched like Daza and Eddie the eagle but hearts and Jamie have had chats. 

Noticed Lafferty’s insta today as well....

What was his insta?

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Davy, this is a transfer thread .  There are other threads for your usual rant.

Al, I was responding to another poster. It was not me that changed the topic I simply replied to others.

Did you send those poster similar comments? 

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

We do love to sign a not fully fit player.

Exactly. Whats the point in taking a loan player from one of our rivals for 6 months go get him fit so he can play against us once he is?

Stinkin Thinkin IMO. 

siegementality
4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Levein expecting at least 1 new player in before game on Friday 

Such is my current apathy that my immediate thought on reading that was, so what!

Rudi Hates Hibees
1 hour ago, Jooglesjeer said:

59D4ACA8-F5C8-44B9-85DB-F0FE26008221.jpeg

Not for me. Why on earth would we want to help Rangers get a player fit. 

22 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nah, just a Fast Show reference.

Murphy would need a while to get up to speed. Not sure we can wait. Would be a good signing for anyone in the league.

True. He’s not played for a year. 

12 minutes ago, siegementality said:

We do love to sign a not fully fit player.

:lol: 

If this comes to fruition then ****ing hell. 

Clerry Jambo
11 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Such is my current apathy that my immediate thought on reading that was, so what!

Need some of your username mate!!

25 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The first comment I made was excluding injuries. What don't you understand about that. We all know Souttar is out and Halkett replaced him.

It is sometimes NECESSARY to change formation as well as personnel when you have injuries.  Hickey was suspended, not injures.  Should we have just played him regardless?  With Soapy out, that was 2 of our probable back 4 missing.  WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?

You know full well what I am on about because we have had this discussion previously about playing a settled team and formation injuries permitting.

"Injuties permitting" is your get out of jail card for hammering Levein.  How can you have a settled team when you have injuries and suspensions?  You do the best you can to make do and mend and with hindsight (your favourite weapon) he got it wrong on Saturday.

Damour for me was one of our better players all things considered however was it wise to play Naismith in a wide left position and allow White to be so exposed in his first full league game for us and why drop Mulraney from the starting line-up.

WITH HINDSIGHT no.  What should he have done?

When he eventually brought Mulraney on he started wide left and then moved to wide right to accomodate Henderson and moved Walker into the middle.

What should he have done?

I would have played Mulraney from the outset on one of the wings.

That's what I call tinkering and it doesn't help the players understand what shape etc they are meant to be playing.

According to one of the players, they did not play to instruction.

Ross Co did their hoemwork on us and formulated a plan to upset us and it worked say a lot for CL's tactics. Oh sorry I forgot it was all the players fault.

What plan did RC formulate that stumped us?  We were just not good enough on the day and it is a collective responsibility.  Do you think CL told Berra and Bobby to cause havoc in that ridiculous instance just as an example?

Edited by JamboAl

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

What plan did RC formulate that stumped us.  We were just not good enough on the day and it is a collective responsibility.  Do you think CL told Berra and Bobby to cause havoc in that ridiculous instance just as an example?

You are just being stupid with some of these comments now.

We all know Hickey was suspended so I should have said excluding Injuries and SUSPENSIONS what a naughty boy I am. You knew exactly what my point was.

Your replies always say what would you have done. If you read what I have said you would understand what I would have done.

I would have started with Mulraney wide left and allowed Naismith to support our Strikers which is where he is most effective in my opinion and Mulraney with his pace would have nullified the threat RC caused us down that side. Naismith was not helping White who I thought did well all things considered. ( I think this was part of RC's plan to pressure the new guy in his first full game)

Bobby and Berra have caused us issues on numerous occasions not only in our last two games but in the cup final as well so that would suggest to me that this is an arera that should be worked on and it doesn't look as if it is or else they are just not good enough.

CL stated earlier that he was not looking for another Goalkeeper however if the rumours are true then that has changed.

Washington said I don't think we got the shape right as a group of players that the Manager wanted, not sure exactly what that means but to me it highlights the fact that they don't understand properly what they should be doing. Why is that all they all that thick they don't understand? I don't think so.

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You are just being stupid with some of these comments now.

You are being stupid after every bad performance with the same old drivel

We all know Hickey was suspended so I should have said excluding Injuries and SUSPENSIONS what a naughty boy I am. You knew exactly what my point was.

No I don't.  If they are missing for any reason personnel and/or formations must be changed

Your replies always say what would you have done. If you read what I have said you would understand what I would have done.

And what makes you think your plan would work?

I would have started with Mulraney wide left and allowed Naismith to support our Strikers which is where he is most effective in my opinion and Mulraney with his pace would have nullified the threat RC caused us down that side. Naismith was not helping White who I thought did well all things considered. ( I think this was part of RC's plan to pressure the new guy in his first full game)

So do you think Kettlewell doesn't have the savvy to change plans when his are nullified?

Bobby and Berra have caused us issues on numerous occasions not only in our last two games but in the cup final as well so that would suggest to me that this is an arera that should be worked on and it doesn't look as if it is or else they are just not good enough.

According to Kickback our priorities have lain elsewhere and particularly in MF which we are addressing.

Isf Souttar had been fit the problem might not have been there on Saturday.

CL stated earlier that he was not looking for another Goalkeeper however if the rumours are true then that has changed.

Do you think it should not have changed or do you believe every word he says should be set in concrete?

, not sure exactly what that means but to me it highlights the fact that they don't understand properly what they should be doing. Why is that all they all that thick they don't understand? I don't think so.

I think it means we didn't play as instructed!  You seem to think CL and co are thich though!.

4 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Goals???? Wighton ???🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙈👏👏👏

I asked if he was a striker.

I did not suggest he could, or could not, get goals

Hectormasson
Just now, JamboAl said:

I asked if he was a striker.

I did not suggest he could, or could not, get goals

Been given a good few chances ,and never looked like scoring,bad signing " a decent loan spell or give him back to Dundee ,good for club and player ...

7 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Been given a good few chances ,and never looked like scoring,bad signing " a decent loan spell or give him back to Dundee ,good for club and player ...

Is he a striker?  Yes or No.

I'm not arguing whether he is a good or bad striker nor whether we should keep him