***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

1 hour ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

The Eagle is here.......flapping mind you, how fitting like eddie would through the air 

Deal is 100% done. Was told today it would be announced. I could spin some excuse i.e paperwork, snag but I'd be lieing. I have no idea why its not been announced yet. When i do I'll post again 

If it happens the morn you're good with me Eagle 👊

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, Henroddy said:

People on here suggesting Whelan wont be great in Scottish football or they haven't heard of him. Are they for real? FFS! Hes got 80 international caps. Hes played in English Championship/Premiership. I think he should do ok against the likes of St Mirren and Ross County!

Hes 36? How old are Messi and Ronaldo? Both early/mid 30s I think. But maybe they wont have the legs either for Scottish football

He's 35, not 36. I must admit, although I'd heard of him, I knew little about him until I did some googling earlier today. I know there are no guarantees about any signing being a total success at any club, but anyone who looks at his record, particularly the last couple of years, and doesn't think he's a player we should be pulling out all the stops to try to sign is, quite frankly, utterly clueless about football! 

4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye, he’ll fit right in at Ibrox!

Sure he will, it's everyone and anyone nowadays, don't you know?

2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

And the guy with the dreadlocks. 

Nanny and Washington anaw

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, millano77 said:

So what’s happening is Levein still wheling and dealing?

Dont ask Arry that

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'm 35 and at 5's on Thursday I was like Pele  🤣🤣

You were like a 78 year old?

Instagram saying James Morrison been at Tynecastle last 2 days......Whelan confirmed as being there today.......

could we possibly be after both?? Was that the 2 missing shirts in AB’s video interview today?

That would be quite a statement!! 

Edited by Mdoug79

Soapy Soutar
1 minute ago, Mdoug79 said:

Instagram saying James Morrison been at Tynecastle last 2 days......Whelan confirmed as being there today.......

could we possibly be after both??

Many claim whelan a done deal..morrison seems to be in the balance,maybe naismith and whelan signing will tip the scales in our favour

3 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Many claim whelan a done deal..morrison seems to be in the balance,maybe naismith and whelan signing will tip the scales in our favour

Berra, Naismith, Morrison, Whelan all at Hearts! All of a sudden I’d have a very positive outlook for the season ahead! 

Cruyff Turn
22 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Berra, Naismith, Morrison, Whelan all at Hearts! All of a sudden I’d have a very positive outlook for the season ahead! 

it would take the whole squad to the next level. I’d very happy if we got Whelan. Our transfer business this season has been excellent, quality over quantity but if we got Morrison too, that would be outstanding. If Aidy White is past his injury problems, he too would be a quality player because he was before.

Washington 

Mulraney Naisy Walker

Whelan Morrison

White Berra Soapy Smith

Bobby

Ooft.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

it would take the whole squad to the next level. I’d very happy if we got Whelan. Our transfer business this season has been excellent, quality over quantity but if we got Morrison too, that would be outstanding. If Aidy White is past his injury problems, he too would be a quality player because he was before.

Washington 

Mulraney Naisy Walker

Whelan Morrison

White Berra Soapy Smith

Bobby

Ooft.

I'd have Halkett in there ahead of Berra or Soapy, probably Berra tbh unless someone comes in with a proper offer for Soapy.

Official_AB

So potentially come end of transfer window/few games into season.... if all goes as planned & injuries come back could be looking at: 

Zlamal 

Smith Souttar Berra White 

Haring Whelan 

Walker Morrison Naismith 

Washington 

Subs: 

Doyle 

Halkett

Hickey

Clare 

Mulraney 

Uche 

Oofft 

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'd have Halkett in there ahead of Berra or Soapy, probably Berra tbh unless someone comes in with a proper offer for Soapy.

Maybe. We’ll see how the old dog does this season. Halkett’s still got a lot to prove imo before we can say he’s good enough to play before either, done well so far though. I think the 3 of them will start on Sunday in all honesty.

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

So potentially come end of transfer window/few games into season.... if all goes as planned & injuries come back could be looking at: 

Zlamal 

Haring Whelan 

Walker Morrison Naismith 

Washington 

Subs: 

Doyle 

Halkett

Hickey

Clare 

Mulraney 

Uche 

Oofft 

Even the bench is good. 👍🏼

6 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Zlamal 

Haring Whelan 

Walker Morrison Naismith 

Washington 

Subs: 

Doyle 

Halkett

Hickey

Clare 

Mulraney 

Uche 

Oofft 

Would swap Doyle for you......if you’re available? 

16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Maybe. We’ll see how the old dog does this season. Halkett’s still got a lot to prove imo before we can say he’s good enough to play before either, done well so far though. I think the 3 of them will start on Sunday in all honesty.

Halkett was captain for a team that humped us.

His form is far better than Berra's

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Halkett was captain for a team that humped us.

His form is far better than Berra's

Too early to say.

Halkett has played 1 season in the SPFL. His partner Alan Lithgow was also excellent for Livi last season. It wasn’t just Halkett. 

Berra’s played at a far higher level than Halkett. Obviously Berra can’t go on forever and at some point Halkett will become the main man, but I very much doubt that a man like Berra will be willing to relinquish his position so easily. 

I think both Berra and Souttar remain 1st choice at the moment. 

BackOfTheNet
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Washington 

Mulraney Naisy Walker

Whelan Morrison

White Berra Soapy Smith

Bobby

Ooft.

I know I’m in the minority but I’m a fan of a back 3, so I’d have Halkett in too, as wing-backs would provide width I’d go a diamond in midfield so i’d have Clare in too, meaning Walker and Mulraney on the bench as impact.

So i’d have...

——————Bobby——————

——Souttar Berra Halkett——

Smith——————————White

——————Whelan——————

———Clare———Morrison——

——————Naismith—————

—————Washington—————

SUBS

Doyle

Dikamona

Hickey

Haring

Walker

Mulraney

Ikpeazu

Obviously if Morrison is a no go then from that bench Haring would slot in to Whelan’s spot and Whelan takes Morrison’s more central role. (This of course is down the line when he’s fit, I’d have Haring instead of Clare if Morrison was not to be in the team and he was fit) I think Ikpeazu is interchangeable with Washington, I think Walker can come on for Naismith if he’s knackered or the game’s already won.

There’s choices, only downside I can really see is the lack of space for youth such as Cochrane, Irving, McDonald, Keena etc. However they’re all still young enough to go out on loan for a season and come back youngsters. But sometimes even without game time it can be good to be in and around top quality experience.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Does anyone know when our Morrison is likely to be back and what's the early verdict on him?  Seem to remember reading on here that he's in the highly promising category.

The Future's Maroon
6 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

could we possibly be after both?? Was that the 2 missing shirts in AB’s video interview today?

How can anyone, not aimed at you personally bud, class Insta-fecking-gram as a source of information? It’s a social networking site?! Facebook has shown me lions and tigers can be cute at times, I still wouldn’t want one wandering about my house?!

6 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Washington 

Mulraney Naisy Walker

Whelan Morrison

White Berra Soapy Smith

Bobby

Ooft.

Dream team😁. Hopefully the dream becomes reality.

If that team took to the park in maroon, there’s not one passenger in it. 

11 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

How can anyone, not aimed at you personally bud, class Insta-fecking-gram as a source of information? It’s a social networking site?! Facebook has shown me lions and tigers can be cute at times, I still wouldn’t want one wandering about my house?!

:rofl: :rofl:

17 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I agree and have not taken it as a "source of information",  JM has been mentioned on here on numerous occasions as a target and then when I seen it had been posted on Instagram by a Hearts related account stating he has spent 2 days with us I wandered if there was any truth in it.

My question/query was based on the fact it was another outlet that has linked us with Morrison and took it up a notch by stating he was at Tynecastle.The same outlet also stated that Whelan was also present.

In theory someone posting that info on Instagram, facebook or on JKB has the same potential to be true or false because at the end of the day its just people posting whatever they want online? 

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I agree and have not taken it as a "source of information",  JM has been mentioned on here on numerous occasions as a target and then when I seen it had been posted on Instagram by a Hearts related account stating he has spent 2 days with us I wandered if there was any truth in it.

My question/query was based on the fact it was another outlet that has linked us with Morrison and took it up a notch by stating he was at Tynecastle.The same outlet also stated that Whelan was also present.

In theory someone posting that info on Instagram, facebook or on JKB has the same potential to be true or false because at the end of the day its just people posting whatever they want online? 

At least it's one grade above Snapchat, which my daughter seems to spend her time on

I've just about  made it onto facebook level, but apparently I'm 'past history' and laughable for using that!

Just now, scott herbertson said:

At least it's one grade above Snapchat, which my daughter seems to spend her time on

I've just about  made it onto facebook level, but apparently I'm 'past history' and laughable for using that!

I don't understand Snapchat, My kids seem to spend plenty time on it whatever it is for. I originally joined Instagram thinking it was Twitter as I had no idea what I was doing. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Dream team😁. Hopefully the dream becomes reality.

If that team took to the park in maroon, there’s not one passenger in it. 

We haven’t seen White yet and the GK is a weak spot, but nonetheless if we can’t win games with that team there’s something far wrong. 

39 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

The benefit of instagram is that each post is a photo, whether it's a timeline post or on a story. So sometimes makes it easy to validate someone's whereabouts ie if someone says "player x is at the Oriam" and they post a pic of themselves in a completely different city you can usually call BS

So..where are we then.

Whelan not announced yet? Morrison has signed for Instagram and the Man City boy is now an attacking midfielder?

Cool.

7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Has he though was outstanding last season 

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We haven’t seen White yet and the GK is a weak spot, but nonetheless if we can’t win games with that team there’s something far wrong. 

The manager perhaps 

Alex Kintner
23 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

So..where are we then.

Whelan not announced yet? Morrison has signed for Instagram and the Man City boy is now an attacking midfielder?

Cool.

No need for the snappy chat, mate!

Eddie The Eagle

Deal for Whelan WILL be announced today 

Told there was no rush by the club to proces the paperwork.  There was a lot going on at the club yesterday with the L.A Orchestra in town 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Told there was no rush by the club to proces the paperwork.  There was a lot going on at the club yesterday with the L.A Orchestra in town 

Great news Eddie. 👍🏻🤞🏻👍🏻🤞🏻

2 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Superb! 👍 

Any word on Morrison?? 

Ernie Eskilsson
7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That’s a strange view given that Halkett’s been great so far and Berra has been dreadful throughout 2019. 

Eddie The Eagle
18 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

Superb! 👍 

Any word on Morrison?? 

Very hush hush on Morrison 

He has been offered a deal to become one of our top earners. That was last week,  In saying that he isn't short on offers. There is a long list of of clubs wanting James at their club with far bigger financial resources than us. The club have done absolutely everything in their power to get him here though, they have went well beyond their means in convincing him that,  Hearts would be an exceptional fit for him, and us. 

Edited by Eddie The Eagle

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

That’s a strange view given that Halkett’s been great so far and Berra has been dreadful throughout 2019. 

No really. 

Jambosteve1902
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No really. 

Id tend to agree as much as i like Berra hes a liability now unless balls in sky

19 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Hope so.    The transfer has been conducted in a long winded way.    Stringing it out.    If we end up looking like bassoons then the repercussions will bad.    Could be that the oboes have the brass neck to snare him.    

15 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Very hush hush on Morrison 

He has been offered a deal to become one of our top earners. That was last week,  In saying that he isn't short on offers. There is a long list of of clubs wanting James at their club with far bigger financial resources than us. The club have done absolutely everything in their power to get him here though, they have went well beyond their means in convincing him that,  Hearts would be an exceptional fit for him, and us. 

Thanks 👍

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hope so.    The transfer has been conducted in a long winded way.    Stringing it out.    If we end up looking like bassoons then the repercussions will bad.    Could be that the oboes have the brass neck to snare him.    

I've got a feeling you're trying to orchestrate something here?