Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

Footballfirst
14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Bout a £1 million down then on ticket sales. They have been selling them to new customers so more non renewals. Hopefully the finance option when in place will get more people on board. Have they announced walk up prices?

The non renewal figure simply comes from the difference in the dot count pre and post the release of seats, so is reasonably accurate. The new sales don't influence non renewals.

At this stage we would normally expect around 1,500 non renewals (half of this year's figure), so the cash impact to the club's revenue at this point will be 1,500 x £300, so £450k.  

They will certainly get some of that back now that the finance package is up and running, but it will probably take some marquee signings, perhaps a change of manager and a good pre season and League Cup to get sales back up to last season's figures.

Edited by Footballfirst

Anyone else tried to call ticket office today.  Keeps telling you to select option 1 then tells you you are being disconnected

37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Done.

Wheatfield - 1,597

Roseburn - 922

Main - 1,762

Gorgie - 796

Total - 5,077

Estimated sales of 10, 595, based on total seats available for STs of 15,672.

I'd estimate around 3,000 non renewals, i.e. 21.4% of last season's estimated 14,000.  That is much higher that the normal 10%-12% non renewals in previous seasons. 

Bravo FF,  bravo,  great work .....your eyes must be killing you counting all them Dots ?

1 minute ago, savage said:

Anyone else tried to call ticket office today.  Keeps telling you to select option 1 then tells you you are being disconnected

Queue must be full. Good sign.

35 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The non renewal figure simply comes from the difference in the dot count pre and post the release of seats, so is reasonably accurate. The new sales don't influence non renewals.

At this stage we would normally expect around 1,500 non renewals (half of this year's figure), so the cash impact to the club's revenue at this point will be 1,500 x £300, so £450k.  

They will certainly get some of that back now that the finance package is up and running, but it will probably take some marquee signings, perhaps a change of manager and a good pre season and League Cup to get sales back up to last season's figures.

Are you sure about your figures being down on last year?

Last year at this stage, the end of the period for existing season ticket holders to renew, Hearts announced that the number sold "was over 10,000" https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/over-10-000-season-tickets-sold

If your dot count figures are correct then it looks like we're bang on target to maintain last year's season ticket sales, especially when you factor in the issue of a finance repayment scheme not being available. In fact we may even be ahead of last years sales at this stage.

Edited by ADAM

Got through to change a couple of details. Tried to do the finance.  Doesn't work.  Keeps saying client reference exceeds 30 characters.  Can't even see a box with that heading and none of my boxes exceed 30 characters

Fixed that now.  Season tickets renewed.  If you get that message it is because you can only use 30 characters to type down your section seat and row etc. Not that obvious and difficult when you are renewing more than one

5 minutes ago, savage said:

Got through to change a couple of details. Tried to do the finance.  Doesn't work.  Keeps saying client reference exceeds 30 characters.  Can't even see a box with that heading and none of my boxes exceed 30 characters

Have you done all it says on here?

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-finance-how-to-complete-reservation

Posted just too late. Glad you got sorted.

Edited by wavydavy

14 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Are you sure about your figures being down on last year?

Last year at this stage, the end of the period for existing season ticket holders to renew, Hearts announced that the number sold "was over 10,000" https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/over-10-000-season-tickets-sold

If your dot count figures are correct then it looks like we're bang on target to maintain last year's season ticket sales, especially when you factor in the issue of a finance repayment scheme not being available. In fact we may even be ahead of last years sales at this stage.

I don’t remember 14K being muted anywhere, either. I do remember that announcement though.

If anyone knows though, it will be FF !

1 minute ago, graygo said:

6,000 low?

That’s been blown out the water already, mate.

The thread will get quieter as numbers go up !

?

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

All seats on finance are reserved.With knock backs will be lower

Surely people that have reserved them are more than likely to renew?

Sooperstar
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If they are approved for finance.

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

That’s been blown out the water already, mate.

The thread will get quieter as numbers go up !

?

The same posters said all the same stuff last year.

Just like some wanted us to lose the last derby or lose to Celtic in the SC final, they take pleasure from the club suffering just to suit their anti AB/CL agenda. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I assumed she meant folk have reserved the seats but may get knocked back by the new Zebra lot?

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

Just like some wanted us to lose the last derby or lose to Celtic in the SC final, they take pleasure from the club suffering just to suit their anti AB/CL agenda. 

And the year before that... and the year before that...

Indeed.

2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Yip.

Pagliacci !

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I assumed she meant folk have reserved the seats but may get knocked back by the new Zebra lot?

Fair enough. Time will tell. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Fair enough. Time will tell. 

Indeed. Personally think folk are clutching at straws if they think there will be a big decrease from people not being accepted for credit. ?

132goals1958
6 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Exactly. Even if we ended up exceeding last year,s total they would still find something to moan about.

9 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

No Hearts fan wanted us to lose the SC final.

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Done.

Wheatfield - 1,597

Roseburn - 922

Main - 1,762

Gorgie - 796

Total - 5,077

Estimated sales of 10, 595, based on total seats available for STs of 15,672.

I'd estimate around 3,000 non renewals, i.e. 21.4% of last season's estimated 14,000.  That is much higher that the normal 10%-12% non renewals in previous seasons. 

I think there will be a fair few that will now renew as the finance option is now available.  However, we will see.

i wish jj was my dad
31 minutes ago, karipidis said:

No Hearts fan wanted us to lose the SC final.

Michael Stewart did.

No Hearts fan should want to lose a derby either but...

OmiyaHearts
22 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I think there will be a fair few that will now renew as the finance option is now available.  However, we will see.

Those taking finance have seats reserved, so I assumed it's already included in the total?

3 minutes ago, gov said:

Random question but how many loyalty points do you get when you purchase a season ticket?

Igglepiggle
4 minutes ago, gov said:

Random question but how many loyalty points do you get when you purchase a season ticket?

15 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

So we’ve sold about the same as we had last year at this time? 

Just checked.

Last year's renewal period ended on 3 May with over 10,000 sold.

By 3rd August we announced we'd broken the 13,000 barrier, so 2 months and 2 pays days to sell around 2,500 to match last year.

Can't see anything regarding the final figure sold last year.

Italian Lambretta
23 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

So we’ve sold about the same as we had last year at this time? 

Maybe we should have an amnesty for all those with banning orders that should increase the pish poor sales figures.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Boab said:

I don’t remember 14K being muted anywhere, either. I do remember that announcement though.

If anyone knows though, it will be FF !

The club announced 13k on 3 August 2018 which was close to my calculations at that point. If you added hospitality STs, wheelchair users and half STs and I'd expect that that we ended up closer to the 14k mark.

I was sure that the club had announced 14k at some point but I can't find the reference.  Maybe I imagined it.  The previous season's 14k announcement didn't come until 29 November 2017.

Had a wee google earlier and read some previous JKB season ticket threads. 2011 to today. Quite amusing. The patterns you notice. ?

Jambof3tornado

Did Hearts wait until.FF did his count to take their 10.5k figure?

Is FF really Ann Budge?

Find out in next weeks episode!

1 minute ago, Haringshairband said:

A little more than 6k then.

Just shows how loyal and patient our fan base is to secure those numbers.

Haringshairband
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Just shows how loyal and patient our fan base is to secure those numbers.

It does. I need to wait until after my holiday before I get mine.

hughesie27

The price increase for STs this year will help bridge the financial gap of non renewals too.

That said I reckon we will be up to 12000 by the middle of the month too.

heartsfc_fan
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The full count (excludes hospitality, wheelchairs, carers etc.)

image.png.998c07a8e47174ea5ed8eb10294b6ac5.png

Feel free to correct any of my section counts as I'm sure that I will have miscounted something.

Looks like you're spot on

King Of The Cat Cafe

What is the interest rate/fees for the new instalment scheme?

I've already got my ST, but looking at £500+ next season, I may choose finance then.

46 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The club announced 13k on 3 August 2018 which was close to my calculations at that point. If you added hospitality STs, wheelchair users and half STs and I'd expect that that we ended up closer to the 14k mark.

I was sure that the club had announced 14k at some point but I can't find the reference.  Maybe I imagined it.  The previous season's 14k announcement didn't come until 29 November 2017.

I think the point was that you stated sales were down (by some 1,500) at this stage of of the process (end of renewal period for existing season ticket holders) in your dot count post.

In fact sales are at least on a par with last season and may even be a few hundred higher at 10,500 as opposed to the "over 10,000" statement issued at this stage last year.

Edited by ADAM

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The full count (excludes hospitality, wheelchairs, carers etc.)

image.png.998c07a8e47174ea5ed8eb10294b6ac5.png

Feel free to correct any of my section counts as I'm sure that I will have miscounted something.

Well done. 

Evidently, across the city, hobonomics is alive and well...

254B8318-20B3-43E5-ADA0-51EBC00AE9EF.jpeg

12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The price increase for STs this year will help bridge the financial gap of non renewals too.

That said I reckon we will be up to 12000 by the middle of the month too.

The wording of the tweet is sold so i wonder if they are not counting reserved or maybe only a percentage of them. Would imagine that would be around 12k with the finance sts. That would make sense to me

5 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Well done. 

Evidently, across the city, hobonomics is alive and well...

254B8318-20B3-43E5-ADA0-51EBC00AE9EF.jpeg

Maybe southsider is Julie ?