Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Where's the fun in that? Been going strong since the Glorious Vlad-era.

More, I say. Especially when you look back to threads of yesteryear, and see the same folk...(he knows) saying the same thing. 

10 Years A Slaver? We've got our own on here.??

Yes he will beat Celtic to ten in a row I suspect. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

GorgieFifeLife
28 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Sure most of them will come on board with some good signings and as season gets closer ! It's only start of June 

Hopefully they do, a bit of promise with quality signings can make a difference.

GorgieFifeLife
30 minutes ago, graygo said:

Apologies, never meant to quote you it was a general comment.

No problem.

OmiyaHearts

Glad to see the number so high. Going by the chat here I thought it would have been worse.

I'm certainly no expert, but does this mean that around 3,000 supporters haven't renewed for this season, if last years was about 13,500?

I appreciate there will be a fair bit to go with the public sale.

As a levein critic myself, I am with the majority on here who are very optimistic about all aspects of next season.

I am 100% committed to Hearts and that very much includes Craig Levein.  I'm sure new players coming in and poor players leaving will further boost ST sales.

For once the club is not only stable but on the up.  The positives outweigh the negatives.  The new stand, Naismith, Hickey and many others give us great hope for optimism.  Debt and enforced player sales are a thing of the past.

The turgid performances over the last while have to go and I'm sure they will.

Alex Kintner
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

As a levein critic myself, I am with the majority on here who are very optimistic about all aspects of next season.

I am 100% committed to Hearts and that very much includes Craig Levein.  I'm sure new players coming in and poor players leaving will further boost ST sales.

For once the club is not only stable but on the up.  The positives outweigh the negatives.  The new stand, Naismith, Hickey and many others give us great hope for optimism.  Debt and enforced player sales are a thing of the past.

:greatpost:

The sense of optimism amongst the support is definitely on the rise. Pats on the back to all who have renewed despite months of poor performances ??

I've not renewed yet because I'm still undecided of it's worth it due to my shifts. I want to move seat again anyway so I will hold off and no doubt renew before the season kicks off.

Independence
7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

:greatpost:

The sense of optimism amongst the support is definitely on the rise. Pats on the back to all who have renewed despite months of poor performances ??

This.

Heartsofgold

I started this thread a couple of weeks ago when the doom mongers we’re out in force. So glad that they have been proved wrong and that they’ve been talking pish.  I think it’ll get to 13k easily before the start of the season. Just needs Naismith confirmed and maybe another 1/2 good level signings.   Christ I love this club. 

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I started this thread a couple of weeks ago when the doom mongers we’re out in force. So glad that they have been proved wrong and that they’ve been talking pish.  I think it’ll get to 13k easily before the start of the season. Just needs Naismith confirmed and maybe another 1/2 good level signings.   Christ I love this club. 

You Sir are a champion.

Phil Dunphy

That's a great number to start on, when we've only today launched the finance option.

Hopefully get another couple of thousand done this week too.

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

But then you get posts like this and you wonder why they bother....

D8C0E865-4282-4DE5-A27A-A96925E6C79D.jpeg

What's not positive about over 10.500 season sold in early June?

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Is that from the Hearts Facebook page? Chock a block with absolute roasters on there. Saw two guys arranging to meet in a park and ‘sort out’ their argument ?

Indeed one of the many pages. Other such superb comments as we finished 9th this year etc mean they deserve little interaction. Just seemed fitting with the position being discussed today

Brighton Jambo

I’m so confused.  A bunch of people told me 99% of our supporters want our manager gone and they also assured me we wouldn’t sell good numbers of season tickets with him in charge.

Im a trusting sort and now my world is upside down.  

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Glad to see the number so high. Going by the chat here I thought it would have been worse.

I'm certainly no expert, but does this mean that around 3,000 supporters haven't renewed for this season, if last years was about 13,500?

I appreciate there will be a fair bit to go with the public sale.

Yes, pretty much the exact same situation as we were in after the renewal stage last year. Pretty amazing to be fair.

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hopefully a few cracking signings incoming to wet the appetite.

The hope...….

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The "over 10,000" statement last year was at the end of the renewal period, but was a month earlier on 2nd May 2018.

The prior season had a 10,500 announcement on 6 June 2017, which is more comparable to today's announcement.

I can only estimate sales based on a dot count.  Today's dot count is over 3,000 more than a count I took before the unsold seats were released.  I don't know if all the "new" dots are former ST seats, but for the purposes of the dot count I have assumed they are.  As I said earlier, it is normal for 10%-12% not to renew within the renewal period. That would equate to around 1,500, so the 3,000 seats released, on the face of it, is considerably higher than in previous years.

There are actually around 260 fewer seats available for STs this time round, despite more restricted view seats in the wings of N and T being available. The main reason is that only half the seats in J are available for sale.

Not looking for an argument with you FF, you're normally pretty accurate with your figures. But on this occasion I think your wrong, if not with your actual figures then with your interpretation of them.

You stated that the non-renewal rate at this stage is normally 10-12% which is around 1,500 from average total sales of 13,500per season. However,  you acknowledge that over the last 3yrs Hearts have announced sales of 10,500(2017), 10,000(2018) and 10,500(2019) at the close of the renewal period. That equates to a non-renewal rate of 23%ish meaning around 3,000 don't renew in this phase and their seats are released for general sale. 

How do you arrive at a normal non-renewal rate of 10-12% for this stage? That would equate to only around 1,250 not renewing and on average Hearts announcing around 12,250 have renewed at this stage. The evidence from previous years clearly shows that's not the case and never has been.

You then used that false claim, of a 1,500 reduction in renewals at this stage, to speculate what the cost in lost revenue would be to the club and to the reasons why seasons ticket sales had dropped, including blaming the manager, style of play etc etc.

A poor show on this one FF.

Edited by ADAM

Bridge of Djoum

The season ticket thread over on ''T**k H****s is an absolute car crash.

Old Hendricks is having a ****** field day over there.

It's essentially an anti-Hearts forum. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Decent sales considering its only beginning of June. As long as we break 12K I would be happy considering we have had 3 underwhelming seasons on the bounce. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Barack said:

He still live in New York too?

Gets awfy wound up about something that doesn't concern him directly. Strange, sweary boy.

I'm not entirely sure he ever lived here. Told me he worked with high-end/wealthy clients and lived ''near Columbus Circle''. The way he comes across I actually think he lives on a traffic circle. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

So with circa 9,000 empty seats at present it will be interesting to see if people switch to walkups, putting pressure on the need for a good start.

chubby1973

They'll pick up now the finance issue has been sorted. End of June should see us hit 12,000 at least. 

Rocky jamboa

10,500 is decent for this stage, especially since the finance thing isn't fully in place yet. I'd imagine quite a few folk will buy that way. 

The cup final performance has definitely lifted the mood. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

People just love Hearts and going to Tynecastle. 

Its who we are and what we do.

And 

:fth:

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I'm guessing hibs will announce 10600 tomorrow.  :teehee:

They could announce 20600 and I still couldn't muster a ****.

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

People just love Hearts and going to Tynecastle. 

Its who we are and what we do.

And 

:fth:

This.

The loyalty of our support after a disappointing six months speaks volumes ??

22 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So with circa 9,000 empty seats at present it will be interesting to see if people switch to walkups, putting pressure on the need for a good start.

It’s not 9000 empty seats.  We don’t sell Cat A season tickets for the  Roseburn.  A figure nearer 5000 is more accurate.  Looks like sales and attendances will be very similar to last season. Historically walk ups were in the region of 2k.

Edited by McCrae

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Do grown adult men still use Facebook regularly? 

:rofl:

For sectarian purposes I believe... 

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It’s not 9000 empty seats.  We don’t sell Cat A season tickets for the  Roseburn.  A figure nearer 5000 is more accurate.  Looks like sales and attendances will be very similar to last season. Historically walk ups were in the region of 2k.

I’ll be surprised if the season ticket sales are down. We have a very loyal support but actual attendances will depend on how the team plays. Official attendances will be similar to last season because of high uptake rate of season tickets. If you add our FOH money, the club will be in a good shape financially.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I'm aware of that but the point remains. Nearly half the ground isn't "booked" yet. I'd say the number of new tickets we get now will be around the 750 mark.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm aware of that but the point remains. Nearly half the ground isn't "booked" yet. I'd say the number of new tickets we get now will be around the 750 mark.

So you think the final total will be 11,250?

I'd say you are well off the mark there.

Time will tell I suppose.

alwaysthereinspirit

Naismith and one other decent free agent signing and a few more tickets will be bought.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

So you think the final total will be 11,250?

Roughly, yes. Between there and 11,500 at most.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You can start with the 2 new STs I bought for my daughters today. I’ve been a ST holder for over 30 years and this is the start of their journey now. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'd say you are well off the mark there.

Time will tell I suppose.

Quite possibly. We'll see.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

At this stage half the ground not being booked is normal.

Worse case scenario based on sales would imply that our attendances at worst will be 10% lower. 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Roughly, yes. Between there and 11,500 at most.

A drop of 2000 season tickets? No chance imo

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, McCrae said:

At this stage half the ground not being booked is normal.

Worse case scenario based on sales would imply that our attendances at worst will be 10% lower. 

Indeed, and I think the empty seats from ST holders towards the end of the season paid testament to that.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, To Be Frank said:

A drop of 2000 season tickets? No chance imo

I disagree. With the stand now fully open for a full season and people settling into the feeling of where seats are available, I'd say the switch to walk-ups will be more significant than you think. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if the walk-ups are persistent in attending but it does mean that a bad start could have more financial impact than normal.

Jambof3tornado

The attendance figures will rise when people see us playing well.

Having lots of walk ups available means plenty folk will pick and choose matches.

Personally I am out of pocket getting a season ticket due to shifts meaning I likely miss 3 games a season but I want to sit with family members so get the ticket regardless.

We'll be fine.

I disagree. With the stand now fully open for a full season and people settling into the feeling of where seats are available, I'd say the switch to walk-ups will be more significant than you think. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if the walk-ups are persistent in attending but it does mean that a bad start could have more financial impact than normal.

Conversely a good start would have a positive impact as the walk ups bring in more revenue than season ticket holders so here's hoping.

Alex Kintner

We’re exactly where we’ve been the past two seasons at this stage and gone on to sell 14k and 13.5k. Nothing to suggest we’ll suddenly drop to 11.5k

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Conversely a good start would have a positive impact as the walk ups bring in more revenue than season ticket holders so here's hoping.

Absolutely.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We’re exactly where we’ve been the past two seasons at this stage and gone on to sell 14k and 13.5k. Nothing to suggest we’ll suddenly drop to 11.5k

Well, that depends on how much two 6th place seasons with indifferent form impact on people's willingness to buy.

4 hours ago, graygo said:

More room in the main, mind you might have been the posh seats I was in. Premium is padded in Wheatfield.

Better class of supporter in the Wheatfield though.  ;) 

Thanks matey. Did you mean Platinum.....?