Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Geoffs never been wrong. 

Not sure how you work that out. Glad that other poster remains on my ignore list though.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

44 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I look at 17 permanent signings last season, 4 loan deals and half a dozen success stories. That is realism.

Expecting 21 incoming this Summer on   very limited budget?  If not, why do you expect the same outcome?  

Negative. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Sid said:

Expecting 21 incoming this Summer on   very limited budget?  If not, why do you expect the same outcome?  

Negative. 

Not expecting 21, thankfully. Expecting a similar success rate of quality out of quantity though. Empirical evidence.

stevie.nolan.5
22 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Has anyone that's gone for the finance option received as much as a confirmation email?

Submitted yesterday and had nothing!

No I’m the same not had a thing. 

Mr Elwood P
17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not expecting 21, thankfully. Expecting a similar success rate of quality out of quantity though. Empirical evidence.

What empirical evidence do you have for the success of signings such as Clare, Wighton, Uche, Mulraney, Burns, Garuccio etc who are all relatively young? Their ability is transient and can improve dramatically over the next season or two. How many games do you make it to each season, out of interest?

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What empirical evidence do you have for the success of signings such as Clare, Wighton, Uche, Mulraney, Burns, Garuccio etc who are all relatively young? Their ability is transient and can improve dramatically over the next season or two. How many games do you make it to each season, out of interest?

Clare, Wighton and Garuccio success stories? I'll agree to disagree on that one.

I'm hoping to make 1 game next season but it will depend on fixtures and timing.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Clare, Wighton and Garuccio success stories? I'll agree to disagree on that one.

I'm hoping to make 1 game next season but it will depend on fixtures and timing.

There isn't anything to disagree with. I asked what evidence you have for the success of those players as signings, considering they are young and they can develop exponentially over the coming season? Best example of the huge improvement a player can achieve is Andrew Robertson, released by Celtic in 2009, Champions League winner in 2019. Unlikely any of our lads will develop to such a drastic extent but it provides an insight into the transient nature of footballing ability.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

There isn't anything to disagree with. I asked what evidence you have for the success of those players as signings, considering they are young and they can develop exponentially over the coming season? Best example of the huge improvement a player can achieve is Andrew Robertson, released by Celtic in 2009, Champions League winner in 2019. Unlikely any of our lads will develop to such a drastic extent but it provides an insight into the transient nature of footballing ability.

I'll be amazed if any of them develop into players for us.

43 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Big word. Psh tho for the reasons stated previously. Focussing on a smaller  number with a bigger budget and less pressure should produce a better result. 

You could take the negative view though... 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Is this belief based entirely on watching games on TV and Hearts World?

johnthomas
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Amazed but , it would seem , not delighted 

Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Garuccio has hardly put a foot wrong when he’s played. Steady but unspectacular. He was signed as back up to Mitchell and was never meant to be first choice.

Clare and Wighton without question have ability. It’s down to application for both of them. Wouldn’t write them off yet. 

Jaap's Sigh

Myself, my brother and mate all renewed yesterday. Plenty more will do the same now the finance is sorted out. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cant see it with Wighton, something just not there, flickers of ability, but like a starter needing to be replaced rather than one you know is going to produce a glowing light very shortly.

Garuccio has been ok, nothing spectacular, seemed to suffer for not being able to take instruction on board. A bit meh. Played well in some, not so in others, handy back up. Jamie McAllister of his day.

Clare has really been panned for the hype. A couple of cracking goals, very good running power and some lovely flashes. He really was a luxury in the team that was struggling and an asset in the brief period, lo and behold he was teamed with Naismith. He will be a success if we get momentum as a team, I'm fairly sure of that

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Garuccio has hardly put a foot wrong when he’s played. Steady but unspectacular. He was signed as back up to Mitchell and was never meant to be first choice.

Clare and Wighton without question have ability. It’s down to application for both of them. Wouldn’t write them off yet. 

I'm not convinced by Wighton yet

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I'm not convinced by Wighton yet

No one is, but he has the ability to be a good player. All i’m saying is don’t write him off yet. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is this belief based entirely on watching games on TV and Hearts World?

Absolutely

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, graygo said:

This thread has veered a wee bit.

A little bit, but players may influence people to buying or not, not personally, but I can see why some may find it hard to support some players

Geoff Kilpatrick
19 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Amazed but , it would seem , not delighted 

Not sure how you got that. We all want a successful Hearts team. Shite players generally don't create a successful team.

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not sure how you got that. We all want a successful Hearts team. Shite players generally don't create a successful team.

Unless you find a coach like Stevie Clarke....?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Unless you find a coach like Stevie Clarke....?

Zing!

1 hour ago, stevie.nolan.5 said:

No I’m the same not had a thing. 

Thank God. I thought I was the only one getting the silent treatment. It looks like the new company ain’t that good at communicating.

Captain Sausage

Uses ‘empirical evidence’ to knock Hearts signing record. 

Ignores much more reliable empirical evidence which trends ST sales to >13,000. 

Oh kickback, never change. :lol: 

johnthomas
39 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I got that from your posts . You give me (pretty sure others too) the impression that you would rather be proved right than for these players to come good .

Perhaps I'm totally wrong but my opinion is only based on what you post .

Bazzas right boot

With the finance now in place I'd expect a wee jump this month. 

All good. 

Unsure why some posters are arguing vigoursly about stuff that hasn't happened yet. 

Shite signings coming , poor performance next season, drop in St sales etc. 

Wierd doesn't quite cover it. 

More to the point, I got to move 5 rows up, will miss my cameos on bt sport, but being in the first row was unsettling. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Uses ‘empirical evidence’ to knock Hearts signing record. 

Ignores much more reliable empirical evidence which trends ST sales to >13,000. 

Oh kickback, never change. :lol: 

Ann Widdecombe (sp), hasn't a look in. 

tokyowalnut
48 minutes ago, S Form said:

Thank God. I thought I was the only one getting the silent treatment. It looks like the new company ain’t that good at communicating.

I've gone through finance, no acknowledgement either. If I have my heard within a week I'll get in touch, I imagine there will be a high volume of applications being processed.

1 hour ago, Sid said:

Big word. Psh tho for the reasons stated previously. Focussing on a smaller  number with a bigger budget and less pressure should produce a better result. 

You could take the negative view though... 

And you can take the “happy clapping” route...Unlike you, others are not going to candy coat what has been a poor season for us.

Liamthejambo
On 15/05/2019 at 12:14, Heartsofgold said:

Rubbish.  Do you think that this successful business woman, who built and sold a very, very successful company in a VERY competitive market doesn't pay heed to performance and results then you are just mental.  She will have had conversations with him about our performances and it will have been brought up that the clubs main customers are VERY unhappy with this performance.  These conversations will have been frank and probably very uncomfortable for CL.  He will get this year to show on field improvement but to do this he need us to support the club with our cash.  If we don't then he won't be able to and that's when the real downward spiral of even shitter players starts.

Why would you hand over money to someone you don’t trust ?

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Liamthejambo said:

Why would you hand over money to someone you don’t trust ?

Looks like 10500+ have at least some level of trust or faith in the management team. If you don’t then that’s your prerogative. 

Stephen Muddie
22 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Excellent info and posting from @Footballfirst today.

Much appreciated, thank you.

Catching up with this thread slowly, but here here. Good work from FF

Anyone else having trouble with the finance page? I've applied for my season ticket yet it's saying it will review my information etc etc afterwards and I'm hearing nothing else. I thought you got an instant decision? The weird thing is, is that I get my business insurance through Premium Credit so I shouldnt be having any trouble whatsoever! Been trying all day, first there were problems with the website looking for what seat I wanted now this!! 

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

And you can take the “happy clapping” route...Unlike you, others are not going to candy coat what has been a poor season for us.

I’m anything but a happy clapper and I’ve shared on here my concerns about Levein. 

Which ones of Geoff’s negative comments specifically do you want to defend?  Season ticket sales being spot on target and predicting a collapse?  Likely success rate of buying 4 players with a bigger budget against 21 man overhaul on very restricted budget?  Citing Vanacek as a Levein disaster when no-one knows the true story.   Ignoring Naismith etc when debating recruitment policy? 

This isn’t about blind support for a manager, it’s about ignoring the facts to support an agenda. Negative 

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

All irrelevant if your main focus is to support the team. 

4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What pleasure do you get sitting in the other side of the world having digs at our club?? I honestly don't get it. Any fan I have ever met that now lives abroad is 100% positive about their club they can no longer see in the flesh. All you post is negative over and over again

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What pleasure do you get sitting in the other side of the world having digs at our club?? I honestly don't get it. Any fan I have ever met that now lives abroad is 100% positive about their club they can no longer see in the flesh. All you post is negative over and over again

Maybe he has a thing called a television and he can see how shite we are. 

Crazy eh ?

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Would it possible to change Geoff’s name to include “negative view” just for those who haven’t read the last few years of negativity and naïvely believe it’s a balanced comment?    

Psychedelicropcircle

We’ll be 6th with **** all trophy’s & a team that’s downed tools before the split...**** all to do with “a feel it in ma waters” & more to do with the last two seasons. 

And this thread to ignore another wasted season & repeat itself happy clapper style!

10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Could depend upon who they are trying to ingratiate themselves with, I would imagine? The thing about fans living abroad, is they invariably try to maintain close links to an online community or two, and not agreeing with them on everything could mean you are left high and dry. 

I know of a couple of of guys who are friends of friends of folk that I know who behave in that way. ??‍♂️

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Credit agreement received by email, signed and confirmed.

Not had a season ticket for 3 years now due to other circumstances, managed to get to a few games this season.

see you's all in section N lower soon :) 

Psychedelicropcircle
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

You must be a riot on a night out.

Be positive.  You might be in for a surprise.

If folks are saying something special is gonna happen with a feel it in ma waters surely I can post given our manager is a one trick pony. 

The berra blooter

10 mins lost every game at throw ins

goalies Nowhere near any penalties

strikers rarely scoring

A disjointed midfield

Negativity getting confused with reality.

Ffs why does every thread have to descend into the same petty squabbling about how Shite or otherwise we are , just **** off and don't come back till we're better I say . 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
14 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

[We’ll be 6th with **** all trophy’s & a team that’s downed tools before the split...**** all to do with “a feel it in ma waters” & more to do with the last two seasons.

And this thread to ignore another wasted season & repeat itself happy clapper style!

The thing is on here you're the one who gets laughed at. 

Look at the evidence? "Nah, I've got faith." :stuart: 

3 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

If folks are saying something special is gonna happen with a feel it in ma waters surely I can post given our manager is a one trick pony. 

The berra blooter

10 mins lost every game at throw ins

goalies Nowhere near any penalties

strikers rarely scoring

A disjointed midfield

Negativity getting confused with reality.

Reality getting confused with hyperbole.

Footballfirst

I've just done another count to reflect the first day on general sale.  Looks fairly healthy with 312 sold since the first post-release count yesterday morning, with seats gone in almost every section.  I'd expect that sales should be reasonably good for the rest of the week before tailing off, then picking up again as we get close to the first league game.

image.png.76eb771bba9d34afc6a8c7e845f3d17a.png

Edited by Footballfirst

Stephen Muddie

Feeelings getting confused with facts.

FACT: Season ticket sales are well on track and a positive summer of signings and good off-field news can restore our collective minds.

Cheers FF - Nearly 11,000 STs already, and the old season only just finished :verysmug:

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

I've just done another count to reflect the first day on general sale.  Looks fairly healthy with 312 sold since the first post-release count yesterday morning, with seats gone in almost every section.  I'd expect that sales should be reasonably good for the rest of the week before tailing off, then picking up again as we get close to the first league game.

image.png.76eb771bba9d34afc6a8c7e845f3d17a.png

Good news so we nearly at 11.000 already and only in early june

EH23-Jambo

Well after being a season ticket holder from 1986 to 2014 I've stopped working weekends after 5 years of them so yesterday I got a season ticket again. My boy is 7 so got Lower Section J Roseburn Tickets to ease him in before going to the Cat A games. Canny wait to get back ? Anyone else Lower J and is it good in that section? 

Edited by EH22-Jambo