Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

GorgieFifeLife

Looks like ticket sales will be not far away from last year. I think we would have hoped that with the playing side in a better state than it is at the moment we could have been selling a lot more season tickets for a near 20k capacity stadium. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Maybe we should have an amnesty for all those with banning orders that should increase the pish poor sales figures.

Sales are up on last season at this stage, maybe we should ban more of the bigots to boost sales.

19 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

What is the interest rate/fees for the new instalment scheme?

I've already got my ST, but looking at £500+ next season, I may choose finance then.

Over 10 months its around an extra 9-10%, mine @400 was an extra 37 odd quid to finance over 10 months

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The non renewal figure simply comes from the difference in the dot count pre and post the release of seats, so is reasonably accurate. The new sales don't influence non renewals.

At this stage we would normally expect around 1,500 non renewals (half of this year's figure), so the cash impact to the club's revenue at this point will be 1,500 x £300, so £450k.  

They will certainly get some of that back now that the finance package is up and running, but it will probably take some marquee signings, perhaps a change of manager and a good pre season and League Cup to get sales back up to last season's figures.

Two months until first game of season leaves plenty of time for folk who are not fussy where they sit. Did your 14,000 for last season include half-season tickets? 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The club announced 13k on 3 August 2018 which was close to my calculations at that point. If you added hospitality STs, wheelchair users and half STs and I'd expect that that we ended up closer to the 14k mark.

I was sure that the club had announced 14k at some point but I can't find the reference.  Maybe I imagined it.  The previous season's 14k announcement didn't come until 29 November 2017.

Thanks, FF.

Sterling work as usual.

3 hours ago, Boab said:

That’s been blown out the water already, mate.

The thread will get quieter as numbers go up !

?

It’s eerily silent so far. 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, ADAM said:

I think the point was that you stated sales were down (by some 1,500) at his stage of of the process  (end of renewal period for existing season ticket holdes) in your dot count post.

In fact sales are at least on a par with last season and may even be a few hundred higher at 10,500 as opposed to the "over10,000" statement issued at this stage last year.

The "over 10,000" statement last year was at the end of the renewal period, but was a month earlier on 2nd May 2018.

The prior season had a 10,500 announcement on 6 June 2017, which is more comparable to today's announcement.

I can only estimate sales based on a dot count.  Today's dot count is over 3,000 more than a count I took before the unsold seats were released.  I don't know if all the "new" dots are former ST seats, but for the purposes of the dot count I have assumed they are.  As I said earlier, it is normal for 10%-12% not to renew within the renewal period. That would equate to around 1,500, so the 3,000 seats released, on the face of it, is considerably higher than in previous years.

There are actually around 260 fewer seats available for STs this time round, despite more restricted view seats in the wings of N and T being available. The main reason is that only half the seats in J are available for sale.

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Those taking finance have seats reserved, so I assumed it's already included in the total?

Wouldn’t have thought so. There is no guarantee that the cash will be stumped up for all reserved seats. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The club announced 13k on 3 August 2018 which was close to my calculations at that point. If you added hospitality STs, wheelchair users and half STs and I'd expect that that we ended up closer to the 14k mark.

I was sure that the club had announced 14k at some point but I can't find the reference.  Maybe I imagined it.  The previous season's 14k announcement didn't come until 29 November 2017.

So we can’t compare re your 14k number until January?  Your original post was a little bit misleading and negative really. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

The "over 10,000" statement last year was at the end of the renewal period, but was a month earlier on 2nd May 2018.

The prior season had a 10,500 announcement on 6 June 2017, which is more comparable to today's announcement.

I can only estimate sales based on a dot count.  Today's dot count is over 3,000 more than a count I took before the unsold seats were released.  I don't know if all the "new" dots are former ST seats, but for the purposes of the dot count I have assumed they are.  As I said earlier, it is normal for 10%-12% not to renew within the renewal period. That would equate to around 1,500, so the 3,000 seats released, on the face of it, is considerably higher than in previous years.

There are actually around 260 fewer seats available for STs this time round, despite more restricted view seats in the wings of N and T being available. The main reason is that only half the seats in J are available for sale.

If the end of renewal sales period has been around the 10k mark the last two seasons how can the number of seats released be higher? We've had 13/14k total sales each year and 10k by around this period. Appears to represent parity of sales to me?

12 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Looks like ticket sales will be not far away from last year. I think we would have hoped that with the playing side in a better state than it is at the moment we could have been selling a lot more season tickets for a near 20k capacity stadium. 

"Season ticket sales will be way down on last year"

"Nope, about the same, possibly slightly up"

"Aye but they should be a lot higher"

:facepalm: 

Edited by graygo

4 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

All seats on finance are reserved.With knock backs will be lower

So now it has been proved you have been talking shite any chance you can now go back to hivsnet and we will see you next year for more of your ramblings 

4 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

All seats on finance are reserved.With knock backs will be lower

Incorrect, only people who contacted the club to say they would be renewing had there seats reserved,  if you did not contact the club your seat was released.

Footballfirst
11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If the end of renewal sales period has been around the 10k mark the last two seasons how can the number of seats released be higher? We've had 13/14k total sales each year and 10k by around this period. Appears to represent parity of sales to me?

You may well be right, or the club is changing the goal posts, e.g. releasing more restricted view seats, or reconfiguring hospitality areas.  The changes brought about by the new stand means that there will be more seats available on the same number of sales if you go back beyond a couple of years.

Question......!

Thinking of moving from platinum main to wheatfield. Are the seats similiar...e.g.....leg room/padded etc...?

Edited by Section Q

10 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Question......!

Thinking of moving from platinum main to wheatfield. Are the seats similiar...e.g.....leg room/padded etc...?

More room in the main, mind you might have been the posh seats I was in. Premium is padded in Wheatfield.

Better class of supporter in the Wheatfield though.  ;) 

Edited by graygo

3 hours ago, jamle1874 said:

Did anyone get a confirmation email whilst completing the credit application? 

I’ve not received one but took a screenshot of the web page confirming application. If I’ve not heard anything in a few weeks I’ll give the ticket office a call.

So, instead of being way down on last year, we're actually at the same level or more? I thought there was loads of rumours and folk ITK that we were struggling. Surely sad sacks haven't just been stirring shit on JKB? 

heartsfc_fan
6 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Pretty decent sales considering we’ve only just managed to sort out the finance option

It is

49 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

They were always going to be. Same nonsense  about sales posted every year.

jamboscott

Ive been having issues trying to buy season tickets online. Anyone else having problems with online sales?

Clerry Jambo
44 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

That’s interesting about section J. Roseburn was pretty empty last season, maybe allowing extra seats for away fans if required

43 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The season before last is easier to form a comparison with as the 10500 figure was issued on 6th June.

It would seem that there has been little movement on ST sales.

In fact the season before last had more STs than last year so it's looking good.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

That’s interesting about section J. Roseburn was pretty empty last season, maybe allowing extra seats for away fans if required

I think that is exactly how the club is playing it.  However, the only club likely to use it is Aberdeen who can now get three full sections rather than two and a half.

Alex Kintner

Really pleasing figure so far, especially given the chaos with the finance option. The doom mongers have got it wrong. Again.

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think that is exactly how the club is playing it.  However, the only club likely to use it is Aberdeen who can now get three full sections rather than two and a half.

Absolutely FF

johnthomas
1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Well done. 

Evidently, across the city, hobonomics is alive and well...

254B8318-20B3-43E5-ADA0-51EBC00AE9EF.jpeg

Brilliant

King Of The Cat Cafe
59 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Over 10 months its around an extra 9-10%, mine @400 was an extra 37 odd quid to finance over 10 months

Ta, nine per cent looks a tad expensive, but maybe that's because it is over 10 months.

May look to the Credit Union again.

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Really pleasing figure so far, especially given the chaos with the finance option. The doom mongers have got it wrong. Again.

Hearts post on Facebook is full of folk disappointed about the downturn in sales, despite the evidence to the contrary. 

Using the 10500 season tickets early June (similar to the past couple seasons) to the 14000 we sold 2 seasons ago by December as evidence of a downturn in sales. 

Just burst out laughing when I noticed the headline about our ST sales?.

Every year the doom mongers tell us our sales are poor only 5K sold etc.

Every year they are proven to be talking pish.

Will they never learn ☺

We are the among the most loyal fans in the land ?

It's fast becoming an annual comedy event?

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Just burst out laughing when I noticed the headline about our ST sales?.

Every year the doom mongers tell us our sales are poor only 5K sold etc.

Every year they are proven to be talking pish.

Will they never learn ☺

We are the among the most loyal fans in the land ?

It's fast becoming an annual comedy event?

You are so right.

Bull's-eye

The figure is just as expected.

Best not to pay much attention to JKB on most matters Hearts.

???

AlphonseCapone

Good news. Sales similar to the last few years at the renewal period. How many folk will be on to hold their hands up and admit they've misjudged the situation? 

Bazzas right boot

Great news. 

Considering the finance issues that is not bad at all. 

Hopefully get to around 13k again. 

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Good news. Sales similar to the last few years at the renewal period. How many folk will be on to hold their hands up and admit they've misjudged the situation? 

Do the right thing @Enzo Chiefo

On 15/05/2019 at 13:25, aam025 said:

My Dad and I renewed ours. After a long think about it I decided that as a supporter you’ve to take the rough with the smooth. I’m not going to forget that Hearts have given me some of the best days/weekends/years of my life, just because I don’t like the manager, the players or the way they are playing. 

I laugh at Hibs fans when they disappear when things aren’t going good, that’s not going to be me. Hearts don’t do dressing as seats. 

This post sums it all up for me :flag2:

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Do you need to phone to move? 

Ta in advance 

Yes, phone or ticket office. Online not an option. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, graygo said:

"Season ticket sales will be way down on last year"

"Nope, about the same, possibly slightly up"

"Aye but they should be a lot higher"

:facepalm: 

Sorry? None of those quotes have been from myself. I have never thought that sales would be down by much for next season. However if things had been going better I think our sales would have pushed on to a higher level. Irrespective of the announcement on the website I am sure the board would have hoped for this also. Keep face palming sir.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes, phone or ticket office. Online not an option. 

thanks

GorgieFifeLife
52 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

They were always going to be. Same nonsense  about sales posted every year.

I agree. There is potential to go higher and gain more sales if the undecided or disenchanted were more enthused by the product on the park.

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Sorry? None of those quotes have been from myself. I have never thought that sales would be down by much for next season. However if things had been going better I think our sales would have pushed on to a higher level. Irrespective of the announcement on the website I am sure the board would have hoped for this also. Keep face palming sir.

Apologies, never meant to quote you it was a general comment.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

I agree. There is potential to go higher and gain more sales if the undecided or disenchanted were more enthused by the product on the park.

Sure most of them will come on board with some good signings and as season gets closer ! It's only start of June 

42 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Hearts post on Facebook is full of folk disappointed about the downturn in sales, despite the evidence to the contrary. 

Using the 10500 season tickets early June (similar to the past couple seasons) to the 14000 we sold 2 seasons ago by December as evidence of a downturn in sales. 

They have to get back up for their doom and gloom somehow.