Aberdeen v Hearts official game thread

SMJ_1874

Sexton Hardcastle
2 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Result was as expected, but the performance was awful. Awful. 

Your right. On current form and ability we should have won that 0-5.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• BOBTHEBRUCE

jambomjm74
Just now, MacPhee said:

Dont see anything wrong with his post, its totally logical 

Not just that but his positive view .. defies logic

The_razors_edge

A catastrophically poor game of football between 2 shite teams. 

Worryingly for us if there were players out there playing for their cup final place then we really are ****ed. 

A lot of really poor performances out there tonight. No energy, no dynamism, no desire, no real evidence of a coherent game plan and very little quality once you take away uche, haring, Naismith and Smith. 

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are Terry Butcher's Hibs.

Gutted again mate., how some defend this is scary. poor fans up there, cheated

Gorgieshed
2 minutes ago, dustybin said:

You live in cloud cuckoo land. 

No, just wasnt expecting anything from tonight.

Tonight changes nothing, just makes idiots complain for the sake of complaining. I actually feel sorry for them. Most delighted we got beat just so they could moan.

siegementality
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Well, if you're going to do something, do it right. 

?

And you do!

Geoff the Mince
8 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Fyi

A wife is a woman who agrees to spend her life with you. Like a woman friend. 

Oh wait. 

A woman, well... That's a person like you but a little different. 

Appoligies, probably lost you .. A friend, well that is someone... 

?

Slaver .

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

The likely hood is, We won't score a single goal

We'll hold it tight for a while, then lose by about 2. 

That's on a good day. 

As I said, if that happens it will be the same as every other teams performance v celtic in the recent finals. 

It could happen. 

Hopefully we can sneak it. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Are you just trolling or completely unable to see reality 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Another one out of the way.

Be more concerned as an Aberdeen fan. Huff and puff past the worst starting 11 post administration. 

And they are about to lose most of that first team.

2 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Are you just trolling or completely unable to see reality 

Impossible to disagree with his post. We could sneak it, just like 2012, or we could get hammered. We are certainly not going to hammer them. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Geoff the Mince said:

Slaver .

The mincer comes crashing in. 

Not time for bed and a hot chocolate? 

Geoff the Mince
5 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

This is first time I've ever said this. I think you are a Hibs fan. Or at least a troll. You show no passion for the club.. Yes you are always 'positive'. But personally the last thing I would ever post after a defeat.. On the back of defeat after poor performance after defeat... Is to have a go at fans upset by our performances. Maybe I'm wrong and no offence meant. 

He was happy Hibs won the Scottish cup . Says it all .

4 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

If I was back in Scotland I would go to the final... for the day out but make no mistake, unless by some miracle Celtic forget how to play football, we are in for a doing it could even be embarrassing. I really think our hope hinge on not losing an early goal, if we do that lot will cave in . 

I'm going....not for the football anyway 

For a day out hopefully i lose my ticket along the way 

Cant ever mind feeling this dejected going into a final we have absolutely no chance not even a sniff even if Celtic don't turn up. A second string Celtic side could take 5 of this Hearts side 

We are in a terrible state 

In 2012 we were poor 52 points only 45 goals scored, finished 5th, only won 1 game after the split, it does not matter what went before, it's what happens on the 25th May, how many of that team tonight will definitely start the final, Berra, and maybe 2 others

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Another one out of the way.

Be more concerned as an Aberdeen fan. Huff and puff past the worst starting 11 post administration. 

That’s the thing that is most puzzling and frustrating Aberdeen, third club, are not that much better than our team filled with squad players in must win game for them but a meaningless game for us. 

2 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

Michael Stewart is spot on! Said it EXACTLY as it is!

The prick is spot on

i dread watching us its soul destroying 

2 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

Michael Stewart is spot on! Said it EXACTLY as it is!

Yup. Brutal, both him and Sutton said it and nothing more needs to be said, absolutely brutal.

1 minute ago, Gorgieshed said:

Tonight changes nothing, just makes idiots complain for the sake of complaining. I actually feel sorry for them. Most delighted we got beat just so they could moan.

Happy clappers being happy at the team playing like it's a friendly with 50% effort will not therefore be surprised to be called happy clappers

6 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

This is first time I've ever said this. I think you are a Hibs fan. Or at least a troll. You show no passion for the club.. Yes you are always 'positive'. But personally the last thing I would ever post after a defeat.. On the back of defeat after poor performance after defeat... Is to have a go at fans upset by our performances. Maybe I'm wrong and no offence meant. 

If you check back some of his posts you are spot on , another sad sack of a mam , lol

jambopilms
4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

You see, that is what is wrong with here. I work in football and am pretty well qualified (not that it counts for much tbh mate)

A good coach/manager will play to their strengths. I played a team 2 weeks ago who spanked us 18-0 just before Christmas (they had 2 pro youth players in midfield).

We harassed them all over the park and made numerous changes to keep my midfield fresh. We lost 3-1 but it was pretty much the same teams who played each other.

Tonight we had no energy at all. You'd think those players would be bursting a gut to try get into the cup final team. Really bursting a gut. We sat off them inviting them onto us apart from when we were behind when we tried a bit. 

This all stems from the manager. I am not a Levein oot poster by the way. I just think he cannot motivate the players to try win a game against a decent team. In all honesty Aberdeen were awful and we still could have been spanked if it wasnt for a few saves from Doyle.

If you are happy with that mate, then fair enough, I am not.

I will be, however  calling for the knighthood if he pulls off the impossible on the 25th. Until then I will remain sceptical.

Football fans, like me, are fickle arseholes. 

Can't agree, tonight we had decent energy and closed them from the start. Loads of games you could say we didn't put in the effort not tonight.

heartsfc_fan

Not sure why anybody is that surprised or bothered. Only Berra plus maybe Clare at a push will start in the final.

That was almost a reserve team in my eyes chucked together late on.

Score line wise it was marginally better than what I expected tbh.

Let's be honest Aberdeen had a lot to play for tonight. We didn't.

It's also clear Levein had chucked the game (fair enough bring the young lads on). Mulraney on would've been the perfect sub. Pace. Nope. He'll play on the final.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

7 minutes ago, dustybin said:

You live in cloud cuckoo land. 

Correct, no one is basing their comments on this game alone. Not looked at a form table but would expect us to be near the bottom over the last three months. 

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

No It sure why anybody is that surprised or bothered. Only Berra plus maybe Clare at a push will start in the final.

That was almost a reserve team in my eyes chucked together late on.

Score line wise it was marginally better than what I expected tbh.

Let's be honest Aberdeen had a lot to play for tonight. We didn't.

It's also clear Levein had chucked the game (fair enough bring the young lads on). Mulraney on would've been the perfect sub. Pace. Nope. He'll play on the final.

My exact thoughts. 

Hearts1975
7 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Some absolute zoomers on this thread. We had a much weakened team, yes morale is down but we all knew that results don't really matter now bar cup final.

If players and fans cant get up for that then u shouldn't be involved with HMFC in any way.

Don’t see what the surprise was with the scoreline and performance 

have to take into account some players getting game time and not regularly playing but who actually bust a gut tonight to try and get into the cup final side 

that was more dissapointing than the result or performance 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

As I said, if that happens it will be the same as every other teams performance v celtic in the recent finals. 

It could happen. 

27000 posts, could not do that getting up at 5am, sorry mate but we need change

Gorgieshed
2 minutes ago, stu.m said:

In 2012 we were poor 52 points only 45 goals scored, finished 5th, only won 1 game after the split, it does not matter what went before, it's what happens on the 25th May, how many of that team tonight will definitely start the final, Berra, and maybe 2 others

Exactly. 

Tonight means f all.

Geoff the Mince
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The mincer comes crashing in. 

Not time for bed and a hot chocolate? 

Good timing !  Had the hot chocolate 20 mins ago . Early start tomorrow . Nighty nighty X 

4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Gutted again mate., how some defend this is scary. poor fans up there, cheated

These amazing fans, sorry I mean unsavoury fans will be at Parkhead next week. True Hearts unlike Budge.

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

ooh-ouch-rushme-to-the-burn-unit-memes-com-17953238.png

I think it was Oscar wilde who said... No, it was just me... Go away 

1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

I'm going....not for the football anyway 

For a day out hopefully i lose my ticket along the way 

Cant ever mind feeling this dejected going into a final we have absolutely no chance not even a sniff even if Celtic don't turn up. A second string Celtic side could take 5 of this Hearts side 

We are in a terrible state 

You are (unfortunately) speaking for so many others. If it wasn’t for a day out with the lads I wouldn’t be going.

19 minutes ago, dustybin said:

6th place not good enough. 

LEVEIN TO BE SACKED WITH IMMIEDIATE AFFECT! 

PLEASE! 

???

Just now, Papa said:

Levein too embarrassed to speak to BT

Presumably run out of excuses. 

7 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

You see, that is what is wrong with here. I work in football and am pretty well qualified (not that it counts for much tbh mate)

A good coach/manager will play to their strengths. I played a team 2 weeks ago who spanked us 18-0 just before Christmas (they had 2 pro youth players in midfield).

We harassed them all over the park and made numerous changes to keep my midfield fresh. We lost 3-1 but it was pretty much the same teams who played each other.

Tonight we had no energy at all. You'd think those players would be bursting a gut to try get into the cup final team. Really bursting a gut. We sat off them inviting them onto us apart from when we were behind when we tried a bit. 

This all stems from the manager. I am not a Levein oot poster by the way. I just think he cannot motivate the players to try win a game against a decent team. In all honesty Aberdeen were awful and we still could have been spanked if it wasnt for a few saves from Doyle.

I will be, however  calling for the knighthood if he pulls off the impossible on the 25th. Until then I will remain sceptical.

Get your CV in.

You might get the HC job.

Cruyff Turn

Young Hearts side v Aberdeen’s first XI. I thought we did alright. Hickey did well, Cochrane played well, Bob Burns had a hard task but did ok and congratulations to him on his goal, happy for him. 

A few were hopeless, Doyle must be a vampire because he’s scared of crosses.

Brandon got ****ing roasted stinking. He was miles out of his depth, as he usually is tbh. Clare was just utter shit, chicken hearted, half arsed committed player. Edwards, aye tonnes of energy, a bit of pace, but now we see why he played for Partick. He struggled for a senior player, got knocked from pillar to post.

I thought we played overall though for a young team. Not much quality in the forward areas as usual. 

Aberdeen just have that better quality. Ferguson and Stewart are very good players and Stewart’s finish was wonderful. 

1 minute ago, Gorgieshed said:

You're right tonight changes nothing. I could never watch us and want us to lose to anyone but its the same movie every week, except there were different actors tonight. 

We concede awful goals and have no discernible pattern of play no matter who is playing. That is clearly down to more than just the players. The repeated pain of watching us like that for months is beyond frustrating and its clear changes are required. What do you see that makes you think otherwise? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Barack said:

I'm going to be incredibly drunk watching this final. And I never drink when I've watched Hearts. A hazy memory of it 48 hours later, might help me.

I might not actually survive. 

You won't be watching the team of the last few weeks. Confident tonights line up won't be the final one

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It could happen. 

See that's the problem with a lot of you pro levein supporters. If we lose, it's ok cos that's what's happened in the past. 

Absolutely no ambition whatsoever. 

It's a dire way of thinking. 

We were in a great position 3 years ago to push on and be a force in scotland, it all went to shit, 

We're still in a decent position (not so much) but we have the likes of you happy to just go around being the team we were 20 years ago. 

We need to push on and not take mediocrity as the norm. 

2 minutes ago, gedster said:

Dislike him but well said Michael Stewart

What did he say

switched off 5 mins before end 

Say What Again
6 minutes ago, gedster said:

Time to lance the boil that is Craig Levein. Two weeks till the final, send him on his way now

A suggestion that would be laughed out the park from most teams in the world. Sack a manager before a cup final?

it 100% won’t happen, but I’d bet it would increase our chances of winning overnight 

The hierarchy must, surely must see the apathy around the club just now. I turn down free tickets now. 

PHM can bash on with we don’t need you. But you do. And the sons and daughters who won’t be brought up with hearts because dad never took them to Tynie, like mine did, and countless others on here. 

Ive never felt so unattached to the club in my 43 years. I almost don’t care. 

12 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

This is first time I've ever said this. I think you are a Hibs fan. Or at least a troll.

He says he's Hearts but wanted Hibs to win the cup, Scooby Doo's less confused than him. 

6 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

On the other hand, very few of our starting 11 tonight will start on 25/5 if everyone is fit and they know it. I have never bought this crap about players playing for a cup final place. Yes, if a striker hits a streak and scores four or five immediately before the final he might force his way in but that’s it. Levein already knows his starting 11, barring any injuries. He has had all season to watch his players and he will have decided how he wants to play against Celtic in the final. To suggest he is still trying to figure out his starting 11 just doesn’t seem likely. 

Re tonight’s game, it was going through the motions with a reserve team. Only Berra, Shaughnessy or Dikamona, and maybe Clare or McLean will start final. We had a 16 year old and a 17 year old on the park for last 20. Perspective required. Performance was gash but that’s to be expected when a scratch team is put together. 

5 minutes ago, flem said:

Correct, no one is basing their comments on this game alone. Not looked at a form table but would expect us to be near the bottom over the last three months. 

Over the last 12 games we are 7th. 3 points behind the Kilmarnock Globetrotters.