Aberdeen v Hearts official game thread

SMJ_1874

4 days to go until our penultimate game on Friday night so I thought I’d start this welcome distraction after another turgid home performance that has caused some fans to have a meltdown on JKB. 

5 LP’s for this fixture but I doubt we have many fans left that have become collectors seeing as we can’t sell out our cup final tickets with a low starting point of 20 LP’s. 

Anyway on to the football. I’m the forever optimist and will be looking for a victory here but can see us playing out a 1-1 draw or possibly Aberdeen to win by the odd goal. My betting account is now empty after following the heart over head rule when backing The Famous. Seems our problems are more deep rooted than I thought. We haven’t sold many tickets for this meaningless end of season fixture but nonetheless, I’m driving up for this one. Can’t get a train back the same night and the bairn is captain for the Hearts under 15’s, who play Celtic away on Saturday, probably be the more attractive fixture of the two.  So hopefully a quick journey down the road and in bed not much after 12. Any other masochists going up for this one? 

HHGH??

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• BOBTHEBRUCE

Forever Hearts

The thought of travelling to Aberdeen on a Friday night to watch this turgid Hearts team get pumped again is not very appealing. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The thought of travelling to Aberdeen on a Friday night to watch this turgid Hearts team get pumped again is not very appealing. 

Neither is turning up at Tynecastle every other Saturday to watch the same turgid Hearts getting pumped from KIllie, Dundee, the orcs, Hubs, Timothy, but we still turn up. At least the drive will  keep me off the drink for once on a Friday 

It's a Cup Final warm up.  Levein will be keen to see players impress but it's really not much more than a friendly for us.  Not sure what Aberdeen have to play for and don't care but if there's a Euro place at stake for them they should win.

Jamhammer

0-0 draw. I'm night shift and would rather be doing that than watching this game

Forever Hearts
33 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Neither is turning up at Tynecastle every other Saturday to watch the same turgid Hearts getting pumped from KIllie, Dundee, the orcs, Hubs, Timothy, but we still turn up. At least the drive will  keep me off the drink for once on a Friday 

I'm backshift but even if I wasn't I still wouldn't be going. 

A game between two pretty average sides. Anything can happen.

Out the two though, they edge attacking threat at the moment. Could’ve been ahead v Celtic before their arses went again.

All in the mix it could play out as a stuffy 0-0 or someone sneaks a winner in a game short on chances. 

Hoping for a sneaky end of season win similar to the Dauda winner game a few years ago.

chuck berrys hairline

How nice of the broadcasters to show this on my Birthday ? don't think anyone really cares about the result and do we use this for cup final tactics or give youngsters a chance. I'd rather the latter to hopefully shake up the bench for the final. We need to inject some freshness into our ideas ?

copa-mundial

Lost 2-0 the last time we went there. Shamefully and painfully, I can't see anything better than that this time round. 

We are woeful! No attacking threat at all.  

The Treasurer

I love these type of threads where "supporters" can't wait to come on a tell everyone that they won't be supporting their team

1971fozzy

I’d imagine our chronic form will continue and see a defeat by at least a couple of goals. We leak goals all the time and rarely score. 

3-0 defeat

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I love these type of threads where "supporters" can't wait to come on a tell everyone that they won't be supporting their team

I've backed them to the hilt financially and emotionally but I've reached the end of my tether with them this season. Sorry. 

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've backed them to the hilt financially and emotionally but I've reached the end of my tether with them this season. Sorry. 

So you won't be going to the cup final then, that's a shame

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

4 days to go until our penultimate game on Friday night so I thought I’d start this welcome distraction after another turgid home performance that has caused some fans to have a meltdown on JKB. 

5 LP’s for this fixture but I doubt we have many fans left that have become collectors seeing as we can’t sell out our cup final tickets with a low starting point of 20 LP’s. 

Anyway on to the football. I’m the forever optimist and will be looking for a victory here but can see us playing out a 1-1 draw or possibly Aberdeen to win by the odd goal. My betting account is now empty after following the heart over head rule when backing The Famous. Seems our problems are more deep rooted than I thought. We haven’t sold many tickets for this meaningless end of season fixture but nonetheless, I’m driving up for this one. Can’t get a train back the same night and the bairn is captain for the Hearts under 15’s, who play Celtic away on Saturday, probably be the more attractive fixture of the two.  So hopefully a quick journey down the road and in bed not much after 12. Any other masochists going up for this one? 

HHGH??

I live just outside Aberdeen.

Me and my son will be there...

upgotheheads
26 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Wighton and MacLean up front.

2-0 defeat.

Connor Smith and MacLean maybe along with starts for Burns, Clare and Bozanic in midfield. Haring as well as I doubt he'll be played against Celtic.  

been here before

Got my ticket for this a couple of weeks ago but Im still in 2 minds if its worth the petrol money. That said Ill probably end up going regardless- its what you do.

Guven the Aberdeen tickets along with their 5 LPs went on sale just prior to the first stage cup final tickets for those with 20+, Ill bet the actual attendance may be ever so slightly askew...

davemclaren

Wanted to go to this but can’t make it due to family stuff. If we had managed to beat Killie we would have been going up there hoping to go above Hibs. 

3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Most now turn up at Tynecastle because they have already paid their ST money?

2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Wighton and MacLean up front.

2-0 defeat.

Wighton.......?

Aberdeen are still battling for 3rd place and we’re a shambles so easy win for the sheep.

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll be out of the country thankfully. 

I predict a boring draw or a boring barrow defeat.

Nothing worse than a barrow defeat. ?

wild angus

I live locally too so its a labour of love for me as I haven't missed a Hearts game at Pittodrie for years.

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

So you won't be going to the cup final then, that's a shame

Yes, I will be at the Cup Final as it's worth the time and money to go to. Aberdeen away isn't. 

Calebs Grandad

Huge opportunity missed here as kick off should have been 17.30 and attempt made to send kickback into absolute meltdown. 

Just looking at this. Am I wrong in saying there is no way in getting back to Edinburgh via public transport? Was going to make a day of it........

OmiyaHearts
39 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Nothing worse than a barrow defeat. ?

I concur, we should be easily defeating National League teams. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll be out of the country thankfully. 

I predict a boring draw or a boring barrow defeat.

Thought you might wheel that one out.

:wink: 

Bazzas right boot

Aberdeen are fighting for Europe. 

We don't want any injuries. 

Should be a home banker. 

I'm not a betting man but it is getting to the stage where if someone even offered me 1,000,000/1 odds for Hearts to win right now I would not waste £1.

been here before
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

These players are 'playing for a cup final place'

Let that sink in. 

You dont go to games through uour own choice. You could, but you dont, to use your own words.

You dont care, to use your own words.

You contribute nothing bar sucking the life out every single thread you post on.

Let that sink in.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

You dont go to games through uour own choice. You could, but you dont, to use your own words.

You dont care, to use your own words.

You contribute nothing bar sucking the life out every single thread you post on.

Let that sink in.

I am full of apathy for the entire club under Budge. 

been here before
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I am full of apathy for the entire club under Budge. 

Its not apathy you're full of.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I believe the children are the future, well at least the next 2 weeks anyway

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm not a betting man but it is getting to the stage where if someone even offered me 1,000,000/1 odds for Hearts to win right now I would not waste £1.

I think you are fibbing for effect there. 

I'm going. Just to make it more interesting, I'm travelling on my other half's Aberdeen supporters clubs bus. 

I'm going full maroon, expecting to have the away end largely to myself when we get there and am expecting a ribbing on the journey home. I don't see where a goal is going to come from, let alone a win. 

Most important thing for Friday is I hope to see some sign of a game plan for Hampden being put to the test. 

Harry Potter
Just now, blairdin said:

I'm going. Just to make it more interesting, I'm travelling on my other half's Aberdeen supporters clubs bus. 

I'm going full maroon, expecting to have the away end largely to myself when we get there and am expecting a ribbing on the journey home. I don't see where a goal is going to come from, let alone a win. 

Most important thing for Friday is I hope to see some sign of a game plan for Hampden being put to the test. 

Enjoy mate, never been on another supporters bus in my life, never will lol

34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I know you’re not a betting man but, I bet you would.  :)