• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• BOBTHEBRUCE

6 minutes ago, stu.m said:

In 2012 we were poor 52 points only 45 goals scored, finished 5th, only won 1 game after the split, it does not matter what went before, it's what happens on the 25th May, how many of that team tonight will definitely start the final, Berra, and maybe 2 others

We had beaten Celtic in the semi, and we had Hibs in the final , everyone was up for it in 2012, I see many differences this year  

13 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Not a bad result. We've only won 1 out of 14 top 6 matches, but Mrs Lovely Budge is running the football club well so a defeat away to Aberdeen isn't too disappointing. Only the LEVEIN HATERS would think it was.

What are top 6 matches? 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

This is first time I've ever said this. I think you are a Hibs fan. Or at least a troll. You show no passion for the club.. Yes you are always 'positive'. But personally the last thing I would ever post after a defeat.. On the back of defeat after poor performance after defeat... Is to have a go at fans upset by our performances. Maybe I'm wrong and no offence meant. 

You are wrong. 

But not being an emotional mess, I won't take offence. 

I expected a defeat tonight, after seeing the team sheet I thought we might get hammered. 

Fans I'm responding to are not upset. 

They are rabid posters who have often got personal with our club, manager and owner. I'll defend that all day long. 

I'm also  not overly positive, I'm balanced. 

I do not think we will get relegated or play in front of crowds under 10k next season. 

If you don't agree, then fair enough, counter it.

If you think Im a troll then report me, if you think I'm a hibs, I'd be pleased to meet you on cup final day for a pint. 

Pm me

If you don't do either, shut the **** up and play the subject matter. 

No offence ?

most people will probably agree that Zlamal, Berra, Souttar, Smith, Djoum, Haring, Mulraney and Uche, if all fit will start the final, problem is who is good enough to fill the other 3 spots ?

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

These amazing fans, sorry I mean unsavoury fans will be at Parkhead next week. True Hearts unlike Budge.

You’re a basement-dwelling little noise up and I actually pity you ?

9 minutes ago, stu.m said:

In 2012 we were poor 52 points only 45 goals scored, finished 5th, only won 1 game after the split, it does not matter what went before, it's what happens on the 25th May, how many of that team tonight will definitely start the final, Berra, and maybe 2 others

Too much thought in that post. Unlike most on this thread 

Hearts1975
7 minutes ago, Papa said:

Levein too embarrassed to speak to BT

Probably because he is to busy posting on this board as 1 of 2 trying to defend the indefensible 

4 minutes ago, Marczero said:

What did he say

switched off 5 mins before end 

Question along lines of...will Levein play more youngsters in the games ahead

Answer from Stewart....yes, cause that's what he's been hiding behind for last few games

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

These amazing fans, sorry I mean unsavoury fans will be at Parkhead next week. True Hearts unlike Budge.

She'll be there too. Will you?

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

See that's the problem with a lot of you pro levein supporters. If we lose, it's ok cos that's what's happened in the past. 

Absolutely no ambition whatsoever. 

It's a dire way of thinking. 

We were in a great position 3 years ago to push on and be a force in scotland, it all went to shit, 

We're still in a decent position (not so much) but we have the likes of you happy to just go around being the team we were 20 years ago. 

We need to push on and not take mediocrity as the norm. 

Tend to agree with this. 

When we romped that Championship it really felt like something to build on and to push on to becoming more than just your average SPL team. 

Sadly we are no different to anyone else now. Our youth policy isn’t groundbreaking, our signing policy is disjointed and our style of play is outdated. 

The fact Levein still talks about “wingers” shows his mindset is stuck in the past imo

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Over the last 12 games we are 7th. 3 points behind the Kilmarnock Globetrotters.

7th that would be a new recent low for us. However that is where this bunch of charlatans may well have us come May 2020

Levein playing kids to deflect how bad we are 

Sly as feck 

I'll be stunned if this man is still in charge next season 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, stu.m said:

most people will probably agree that Zlamal, Berra, Souttar, Smith, Djoum, Haring, Mulraney and Uche, if all fit will start the final, problem is who is good enough to fill the other 3 spots ?

Probably Clare

We hope Naismith

The other? I'll take a punt on Burns. If not one of Dikamona or Shaunessey.

1 minute ago, gedster said:

Question along lines of...will Levein play more youngsters in the games ahead

Answer from Stewart....yes, cause that's what he's been hiding behind for last few games

I personally think that bit was nonsense. It’s quite clear Levein doesn’t give a **** what anyone thinks, so the idea he’s picking youngsters as a smokescreen stands up to no scrutiny at all.

Stewart was correct to say we are “brutal”. We are absolutely brutal at the moment. But Stevie Wonder could see that. 

Gorgieshed
3 minutes ago, stu.m said:

Burns, Lee and McLean for me.

Just now, glynnlondon said:

I expect nothing from Hearts these days so am rarely disappointed.

Likewise but it pisses me off even thinking about accepting this

Last couple of pages of this thread sums up Jkb these days. Since Saturday majority of posters have been saying Levein should rest players, play kids, avoid injuries so that we have best team available for final. He largely does that tonight at Pittodrie, involving a 16 and 17 year-old and several players who have no chance of starting on 25/5 yet the usual, and same, posters are on here hammering him for the performance tonight. 

Theres not a team in our league that would come to Tynie minus 8 of their best players and put on an exciting and winning performance. Why do some on here expect us to do it at Pittodrie? 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

See that's the problem with a lot of you pro levein supporters. If we lose, it's ok cos that's what's happened in the past. 

We were in a great position 3 years ago to push on and be a force in scotland, it all went to shit, 

We're still in a decent position (not so much) but we have the likes of you happy to just go around being the team we were 20 years ago. 

Nah, not how I see it at all. 

12 minutes ago, Hook said:

You are (unfortunately) speaking for so many others. If it wasn’t for a day out with the lads I wouldn’t be going.

So, a day out guy rather than a Hearts supporter? Ffs your team is in a cup final. 

Governor Tarkin

3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You are wrong. 

But not being an emotional mess, I won't take offence. 

I expected a defeat tonight, after seeing the team sheet I thought we might get hammered. 

Fans I'm responding to are not upset. 

They are rabid posters who have often got personal with our club, manager and owner. I'll defend that all day long. 

I'm also  not overly positive, I'm balanced. 

I do not think we will get relegated or play in front of crowds under 10k next season. 

If you don't agree, then fair enough, counter it.

If you think Im a troll then report me, if you think I'm a hibs, I'd be pleased to meet you on cup final day for a pint. 

Pm me

If you don't do either, shut the **** up and play the subject matter. 

No offence ?

:lol:

Tosh strutting about the thread like a dug with two cocks.

6 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

A suggestion that would be laughed out the park from most teams in the world. Sack a manager before a cup final?

it 100% won’t happen, but I’d bet it would increase our chances of winning overnight 

The hierarchy must, surely must see the apathy around the club just now. I turn down free tickets now. 

PHM can bash on with we don’t need you. But you do. And the sons and daughters who won’t be brought up with hearts because dad never took them to Tynie, like mine did, and countless others on here. 

Ive never felt so unattached to the club in my 43 years. I almost don’t care. 

It's a sad day when someone like you has resigned themselves to this hard truth, SWA.

jock _turd
9 minutes ago, Coco said:

Levein thinks MacLean was excellent tonight.

Absolutely baffling

There is you center for the final!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Even by JKB standards tonight is scraping the barrel. 

Only the cup has mattered since March. Marking time 

2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Levein playing kids to deflect how bad we are 

Sly as feck 

I'll be stunned if this man is still in charge next season 

:rofl: 

What else did Michael Stewart feed you?

The league is goosed, he is quite rightly playing young players in the run up to the cup final.

BOBTHEBRUCE
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yeah, and it's a shame. 

Captain Canada

How are we going to raise our game by the level needed to even compete in the final, nevermind win it? 

Yes, he rightly rested players tonight but the horrendous tactics and lack of any urgency remained the same. 

He's had free reign to bring in almost 20 of his own signings and they don't have the desire or quality that's needed. 

A lot of people including the BT pundits don't seem to get that we played a reserve team resting Zlamal, Souttar, Smith, Haring, Djoum, Mulraney and Uche and brought on 2 kids plus Wighton as subs. And yet a full strength Aberdeen team desperate to get third only just got the win!!

It was pretty dire to watch but the most important thing for me is that there are no injuries and guys we might need to call on in the final got some game time.

None of that changes the general point that we are going backwards under Levein and he needs to go along with his coaches after the final regardless of the result.

Gorgieshed
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Me neither.

I don't dislike Levein and I also think he should be moved on in the summer.

However tonight has no bearings on anything about Levein or the Cup final. We are just playing out the season with 1 game in mind. Like any team/manager in our position would.

13 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Young Hearts side v Aberdeen’s first XI. I thought we did alright. Hickey did well, Cochrane played well, Bob Burns had a hard task but did ok and congratulations to him on his goal, happy for him. 

A few were hopeless, Doyle must be a vampire because he’s scared of crosses.

Brandon got ****ing roasted stinking. He was miles out of his depth, as he usually is tbh. Clare was just utter shit, chicken hearted, half arsed committed player. Edwards, aye tonnes of energy, a bit of pace, but now we see why he played for Partick. He struggled for a senior player, got knocked from pillar to post.

I thought we played overall though for a young team. Not much quality in the forward areas as usual. 

Aberdeen just have that better quality. Ferguson and Stewart are very good players and Stewart’s finish was wonderful. 

Strange how we see things differently. I thought Harry was honking, off the pace the whole game, at fault with their first goal. Doyle had some good saves, dodgy with couple of crosses. Agree re young team re their best 11. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Last couple of pages of this thread sums up Jkb these days. Since Saturday majority of posters have been saying Levein should rest players, play kids, avoid injuries so that we have best team available for final. He largely does that tonight at Pittodrie, involving a 16 and 17 year-old and several players who have no chance of starting on 25/5 yet the usual, and same, posters are on here hammering him for the performance tonight. 

Theres not a team in our league that would come to Tynie minus 8 of their best players and put on an exciting and winning performance. Why do some on here expect us to do it at Pittodrie? 

Yip. 

The finishing 6th thing needs reviewed and we all agree the mgt team needs reviewed in the summer. 

Going tonto after every game is neither helpful or imo sane. 

We done the right thing tonight with the team. 

We performed OK. We learned so e players are either not good enough or not good enough yet. We learned some have heart, but lack skill. 

Aberdeen should be more concerned tbh. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Exactly.

Waiting.  :waiting:

Some people have such short memories!!! I remember almost getting relegated in the 90s and watching hearts beat one of the best rangers teams in 1998 then almost come unstuck to gretna....****ing Gretna!!! I’m no fan of our manager but the way our team has been ravaged by injury is just frightening...when all our players were fit we were flying and it’s no surprise the whole squad has struggled with such injuries....day out against Celtic with no expectations at all and you never know.....could be the 4th Scottish cup in my lifetime...some folk had to wait 40 years for a cup

Finlay James

I expect defeat in every game just now so no surprises tonight.  However, I do believe that the future is very bright.

The young lads are a different breed and in time, they will be big players for us.  Connor Smith in particular has huge potential.

A proper manager will have these lads fulfill that potential and hopefully we get that sooner rather than later.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

:rofl: 

What else did Michael Stewart feed you?

The league is goosed, he is quite rightly playing young players in the run up to the cup final.

Oh right so our cup final team just turn up and beat Celtic do they? A team who are 2nd bottom only to relegated dundee and severely lacking confidence just turn up on the 25th may? Absolute tosh you play your strongest side in the run up especially when you cant buy a win 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

A lot of people including the BT pundits don't seem to get that we played a reserve team resting Zlamal, Souttar, Smith, Haring, Djoum, Mulraney and Uche and brought on 2 kids plus Wighton as subs. And yet a full strength Aberdeen team desperate to get third only just got the win!!

It was pretty dire to watch but the most important thing for me is that there are no injuries and guys we might need to call on in the final got some game time.

None of that changes the general point that we are going backwards under Levein and he needs to go along with his coaches after the final regardless of the result.

Fair post. 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Accepting that though, is potentially accepting mediocrity. This rolling over and playing dead lark is not for me. I support the team............ however season ends mid May........not March or April,  I'm not for accepting 50% effort in the league from March onwards. Wouldn't be accepted in any other business and quite rightly

15 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Nothing to do with the manager whoever he is. In 2012 our league performances and position were as bad as now, except we didn’t have three months top of the league earlier in the season. We, the fans, had zero confidence going in to semi, sneaked it then what happened.  Why can’t it happen again. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip. 

The finishing 6th thing needs reviewed and we all agree the mgt team needs reviewed in the summer. 

We performed OK. We learned so e players are either not good enough or not good enough yet. We learned some have heart, but lack skill. 

Totally agree...that was Aberdeen’s strongest team and they were poor...throw in the mix Shinnie is off they will only be weaker

Bazzas right boot
Just now, salvo69 said:

Totally agree...that was Aberdeen’s strongest team and they were poor...throw in the mix Shinnie is off they will only be weaker

And Stewart, gms, ball and the man u boy. 

And they are funding a £50m stadium. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip. 

It’s the same on Facebook, folk just posting the same thing over again. 

We know we’re shite. We all want rid of Levein. We’re in a final and we’ll likely get humped. There’s an outside chance we could win. If we lose we can all unite in getting rid of Levein. 

Bull's-eye
29 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

You see, that is what is wrong with here. I work in football and am pretty well qualified (not that it counts for much tbh mate)

A good coach/manager will play to their strengths. I played a team 2 weeks ago who spanked us 18-0 just before Christmas (they had 2 pro youth players in midfield).

We harassed them all over the park and made numerous changes to keep my midfield fresh. We lost 3-1 but it was pretty much the same teams who played each other.

Tonight we had no energy at all. You'd think those players would be bursting a gut to try get into the cup final team. Really bursting a gut. We sat off them inviting them onto us apart from when we were behind when we tried a bit. 

This all stems from the manager. I am not a Levein oot poster by the way. I just think he cannot motivate the players to try win a game against a decent team. In all honesty Aberdeen were awful and we still could have been spanked if it wasnt for a few saves from Doyle.

If you are happy with that mate, then fair enough, I am not.

I will be, however  calling for the knighthood if he pulls off the impossible on the 25th. Until then I will remain sceptical.

Football fans, like me, are fickle arseholes. 

I get that, but I saw effort tonight. 

I saw improvement late in the 1st half and I saw a dominance creaping in until their goalkeeper cleverly played dead.

This league is error strewn and that was proved tonight. A terrible advert for the game up here.

I'll be honest, professional footballers at the level we're watching ain't getting much from the manager or the coaches they're working for, hence the reason we've got them. 

Fine margins again. 

We can beat Celtic.  

All roads lead to Gorgie
19 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Well said. I can't agree more. 

2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Oh right so our cup final team just turn up and beat Celtic do they? A team who are 2nd bottom only to relegated dundee and severely lacking confidence just turn up on the 25th may? Absolute tosh you play your strongest side in the run up especially when you cant buy a win 

Your way is one way of doing it but with our injury record I'm content with Levein's decision to rest players knowing that we are less likely to get results in the run up to the cup final. Losing these games will not effect the player's confidence in the final.

Also, we are not 2nd bottom only to relegated Dundee. I've checked and we are 6th.

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Nothing to do with the manager whoever he is. In 2012 our league performances and position were as bad as now, except we didn’t have three months top of the league earlier in the season. We, the fans, had zero confidence going in to semi, sneaked it then what happened.  Why can’t it happen again. 

You're going on about the past again. 

You need to forget about it, remember the good memories, that's fine, but think about where we are just now and were we can go. 

Ann is doing her job off the field, if we had a manager doing the same, we'd be top 3. 

Think we learned that our back up 11 is not ready and how important we have as many ‘first’ 11 ready and fit for the final. Really dissapointed nobody stepped up and tried to earn a place in the team for the final. 

Dikamona, will run through a wall for you but I personally think against Celtic, he would be a big risk as he comes across like he will have a mistake in him

Cochrane, needs to get on the ball more and influence games. We can moan at the defenders for hoofing it all the time but if you don’t have players in front of you demanding the ball then what are you supposed to do. I personally think with the way we are playing he would be a risk in the final as he could easily become a passenger. You can tell He is a tidy footballer but I don’t think he’s done enough and could be a bit lightweight in a game where we are going to be chasing shadows for a lot of it. 

Bozanic, doesn’t lack effort and does keep it nice and simple at times but think he lacks that bit of quality. Too many times he got out muscled or caught in possession tonight

Edwards, lots of energy but again failed to really stamp his mark on the game. Ran himself to the ground and did show he has a bit of pace as well. Cant fault his work rate and determination. Can’t believe I’m saying this but could be the type of player we need in the final. Not convinced but with the way the game will probably go I think he is ahead of bozanic and cochrane of haring makes it. 

Burns, again, worked his socks off and his face when he scored was pleasing to see. That’s the type of player you want representing your club. Still just think he lacks a bit of pace and quality at times and would be a massive risk in the final against Forrest. I’d play Mulraney. 

Brandon, tough game for him, looked dodgy defending and lacked quality throughout. Personally think he’s capable of better but going to struggle to make it playingilw that. Smith needs to start and would have started anyway, even if Brandon had a good game

Clare, frustrates the life out of me. We need much much more from him. I’ve defended him throughout the season saying he got rushed back, needs time and that he is showing signs. Tonight he let himself down massively. He was the guy we should be relying on to hold it in, find a pass, show a bit of composure. Too many times he just wanted to get rid and hit aimless passes and balls up the park. Needs to contribute more and on that performance his place in the team for the final in seriously under threat. Assuming we play a 3-5-2 and Naismith is fit, he’s on the bench for me.

Mclean, can’t fault his effort and put himself about despite not winning much. Can’t really do much when the ball is pumped up to his head. He did show nice touches and used the ball well when he actually got the ball into his feet, if he’s going to play up top, you have to play to his strengths, it’s pointless hitting balls up to his head. Needs to be into his chest or feet and we play off him. The team just lacks overall quality to do this. If Naismith and uche are fit, it depends on how bold Levein is. Going forward, McLean adds more to our team with his link up and overall football intelligence, could play him and Naismith behind uche like he did with Edwards and Clare tonight. Assuming Naismith and uche make it, I think he will play McLean, Edwards or Clare if he continues this system. Don’t think McLean did his chances any harm tonight as what could he do with balls up to head. When we played football for a total of 4/5 mins throughout the ninety, he was involved

no zlamal, souttar, Smith, Mitchel/garucio/mulraney, djoum, haring, Naismith, uche, realistically we were never going to beat Aberdeen. The disappointing thing for me is the distinct lack of quality and with a place in the final up for grabs the players have let themselves down. 

Can you imagine if Naismith, Smith, Souttar, Djoum, Haring, Uche and Zlamal to name a few started tonight the result would be much different.....the quality missing is unreal.

Djoum, although hated by some many fans had won a top trophy in world football and Naismith once scored a gat trip against Chelsea....the last player we had with that pedigree was Janny...who do you think we are Barca!