Aberdeen v Hearts official game thread

SMJ_1874

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Luxury player. Not something we can afford my friend. The only other one I can think of is Juanjo and I couldn't stand him (my mate next to me in the Wheatfield loved him).

We need winners In the cup final, we need fit, running, annoying *******s who wont give Celtic a second on the ball.

I live in hope!

To be fair to him Clare put in a shift tonight. Nothing came off for him but he put in the effort. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• BOBTHEBRUCE

Just now, HillmanHearts said:

I would expect those 2 will be rested next week 

Along with 9 others I hope 

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This must be the bottom half of the Internet that Dave Gorman used to get his comic material from.     

We are marking time until our outside chance of giving Celtic a game,    which very much can happen.      Everything else is a waste of seethe.     

Fair enough sneering at the Internet slaverings, but the last couple of performances are not a reflection of our approach to the lead up to the final, they are a continuation of the absolute malaise that set in about six months ago. People can be pissed off about that, while still realising that we played a reserve team tonight (a reserve team with a majority of players who’ve played regularly this season, mind). 

6 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Exactly there is something majorly wrong at the club. 

The Levein favourites seem comfortable knowing they will still play regardless of how they perform. 

Then you have Vanacek. Hung out to dry by Levein and taken off before half time I’m a match when you have players like Sean Clare who plays week in week out and quite frankly is a disgrace to the jersey. 

The whole football department is rotten and Levein has overseen it. 

The players thing it’s ok to lose or go out and not try to win. Slow, predictable one paced shite. 

I don't think I've ever read one of your posts and thought to myself "he's got a point there".

feedthefox
33 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

You're going on about the past again. 

You need to forget about it, remember the good memories, that's fine, but think about where we are just now and were we can go. 

Ann is doing her job off the field, if we had a manager doing the same, we'd be top 3. 

100% this. Exactly my good man, why can't the rest see it? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, rick witter said:

I think some will be of course. Others I’m not so sure if they even care if we win or lose because the certainly don’t show it on a weekly basis. 

Just because you don't go radge every week, demand everyone gets sacked and go on about the same stuff for over a year - every week as well as slag of Hearts personnel does not mean you don't care.

It just means you are more measured and not an emotional mess and not  Like a big lass on a constant period.

rick witter
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

aye

losing Shinne, GMS, Stewart, the boy from Man utd and Ball at the very least. Sure there is one other as well?

less points than last year and dropping at least one place v last year

£50m project to fund.

I'd be concerned.

Anyone that can see beyond the length of their dick can see they are coming to key point in their journey.

If they finish third that’s the best they can do!! 

Thats the best any of us can do now that Rangers are back spending big money again so of course they would drop a place. I would be delighted if we were where Aberdeen are. Consistently top 3. Cup semi finals and finals every year. 

Not languishing in mid table.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

I’m starting the thing you are Levein. 

Our form is horrendous, we lack the basics and have no drive or quality. 

Saving our best starting 11 for what is our biggest game of the season is what you  do when your playing well, not when confidence is rock bottom. Get them Out on the park and show some heart and determination to turn things around. 

You'd made a comment earlier on how we’d play against Celtic, mentioning that it’ll be like any other team. Couldn’t agree less. Other teams will take this as a one off game where anything is possible and have a go. We won’t and will be set up to keep it tight, let Celtic have the ball and hopefully take our chances.  As many here have said, we have no chance based on our current form. 

If I set my team up like that, my own players would slate me. Let the team play, no formation going forward, just let players play. Let them find space, get in behind and work defenders. We can’t because we have zero confidence and I hate to say Levein as our manager.  You don’t have to be Barcelona to have a go, the manager should be installing that mentality in his players. Getting beat 1-0 is the same as 10-0. A defeat is a defeat. There is nothing wrong with having a go and losing. We are like rabbits in headlights at the moment. Scared to try anything, scared to run at people and scared to have a go. We don’t even shoot from outside the box anymore. 

I’d love to be on the happy train thinking we’ll be alright but facts are facts. We are rock bottom just now and no cup final is going to make it any better.  

Hyperbole and not true.

Renders the rest of your post obsolete imo.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To be fair to him Clare put in a shift tonight. Nothing came off for him but he put in the effort. 

More often than not I agree with you.

Not tonight though I thought Clare was awful and looked uninterested.

Funny how we all see things differently.

rick witter
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

I don't think I've ever read one of your posts and thought to myself "he's got a point there".

We are going nowhere fast. I wish it wasn’t like that but as soon as we realise we need something done about it we can try and get the club moving forward again. Us as fans need to show we are not happy. 

We cannot allow Levein to start next season in charge. 

feedthefox

Thank the lord for the cup final. I have completely and utterly lost the will with the current team and its management. 

9 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Very true. But we shouldn’t have a squad who can “put in a performance when they need to”, yet don’t put one in every week...which they need to. 

There’s something very wrong about ever aspect of our first team set up: tactics, team selection, injury record, fitness levels, transfers etc etc.. Application and attitude probably also issues, although that’s harder to judge. 

I agree. 

I genuinely reckon we have a good group of players and a better management team would get more from them. 

rick witter
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Hyperbole and not true.

Renders the rest of your post obsolete imo.

Great reply to a truthful post. 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Thought it was his worst performance in a hearts shirt tonight

Bazzas right boot
Just now, rick witter said:

If they finish third that’s the best they can do!! 

Thats the best any of us can do now that Rangers are back spending big money again so of course they would drop a place. I would be delighted if we were where Aberdeen are. Consistently top 3. Cup semi finals and finals every year. 

Not languishing in mid table.

If we win the sc, almost every post you have made in the past 9 months becomes redundant.

Could be said for allot of folk tho.

Also, We were top 3, not three seasons ago, it wasn't enough. I could be wrong but I think you wanted Robbie gone after he finished third and then was in about 2nd.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

With that in mind, your top 3 comment is a lie.

We also made a sf and are in a cup final this year, so even in that one post you have contradicted yourself.

Just now, MacPhee said:

I agree. 

I genuinely reckon we have a good group of players and a better management team would get more from them. 

I agree. Lots of dross, but some good players in there. Hopefully we see that come to fruition next season (and in two weeks!). 

rick witter
6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Just because you don't go radge every week, demand everyone gets sacked and go on about the same stuff for over a year - every week as well as slag of Hearts personnel does not mean you don't care.

It just means you are more measured and not an emotional mess and not  Like a big lass on a constant period.

Or it means we have the wrong type of characters in our team. 

How many times have we came back from being 1 goal down??

We can hardly ever even score 2 goals in the same match FFS!! 

The players are weak  and it does not matter enough to them or the manager as nothing changes week on week. 

Big Slim Stylee
20 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Exactly there is something majorly wrong at the club. 

The Levein favourites seem comfortable knowing they will still play regardless of how they perform. 

Then you have Vanacek. Hung out to dry by Levein and taken off before half time I’m a match when you have players like Sean Clare who plays week in week out and quite frankly is a disgrace to the jersey. 

The whole football department is rotten and Levein has overseen it. 

The players thing it’s ok to lose or go out and not try to win. Slow, predictable one paced shite. 

You know what? There’s stuff in there I do agree with. There’s parts of Levein that are just not good. His stubbornness is appalling. His adherence to favorites. 

I dont think its rotten but I do think it’s unhealthy. It smacks of what it was like last time before he left. The problem is he suffocates the whole structure by staying. It’s cool that the Academy looks better and we’ll earn some from them. But what if it just doesn’t work an d their development stops?

I reserve the right to continue  thinking you’re an utter miserable shite by the way. Your golf rounds with like-minded must result in terrible divots ?

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

4 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I agree. Lots of dross, but some good players in there. Hopefully we see that come to fruition next season (and in two weeks!). 

Win or lose the final, he has to go. 

rick witter
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If we win the sc, almost every post you have made in the past 9 months becomes redundant.

Could be said for allot of folk tho.

Also, We were top 3, not three seasons ago, it wasn't enough. I could be wrong but I think you wanted Robbie gone after he finished third and then was in about 2nd.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

With that in mind, your top 3 comment is a lie.

We also made a sf and are in a cup final this year, so even in that one post you have contradicted yourself.

Did you read my post?? 

I said Aberdeen are consistently a top 3 side and are in cup semi finals and/or finals every year. Certainly for the last few years since Mcinnes has been there. 

Ive not contradicted myself at all. 

This season yes we have been excellent in the cup. That’s 1 season. If we can replicate SEMI-FINALS and finals most seasons and be a top 3 team each year then we can be classed the same as Aberdeen. 

Yes I did want Robbie out. Another Levein puppet with the exact same playing style. 

Gorgieshed
8 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Win or lose the final, he has to go. 

I like Levein but 100% agree with this.

Finlay James
50 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

There is more to it than that, levein has destroyed hearts 

We have a lot of money getting put into the club and it’s being wasted on terrible signings decisions 

We would be performing better with a new manager for sure, the football tactics are horrendous 

No pace no creativity no width 

He is a clueless individual 

Please open your eyes ? 

No, the money goes to FOH to buy the club from Bidco and some has gone towards the stand.

As much as I want Levein gone, there is no guarantee that a new manager will have us performing any better.

Finlay James
52 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Maybe if Ann Budge starts to understand in her 'inclusive' Hearts world that the people that go to every ****ing away game are also in our community. She is trying to community cleanse and I am sorry hen it just doesn't work like that. No-one can pick and choose a community. She will continue to play 'The Sims' tho.

What the actual **** are you going on about?  

Plus points:

Thought Hickey looked good when he came on. Question for those that watch the youth games, is wing back his natural position?

Aberdeen never moved out of first gear. Our fragile confidence really could not cope with shipping 4 or 5 just weeks before cup final. 

Levein another game closer to leaving. 

There is no chance of Doyle, Brandon or Clare starting at Hampden. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Did you read my post?? 

I said Aberdeen are consistently a top 3 side and are in cup semi finals and/or finals every year. Certainly for the last few years since Mcinnes has been there. 

This season yes we have been excellent in the cup. That’s 1 season. If we can replicate SEMI-FINALS and finals most seasons and be a top 3 team each year then we can be classed the same as Aberdeen. 

Yes I did want Robbie out. Another Levein puppet with the exact same playing style. 

So when we were 3rd and then second / third... You wanted the manager gone. 

Fyi-Robbies league record 

1st, 3rd, in 2nd. 

This season, we made a lc sf and could win the sc... You want the manager gone. 

Completely contradicting your post, now it's about playing style, really......? 

We have to start somewhere, changing the manager every year won't help achieve your goal of being consistent. 

Mcinnes has been in the job for 9 years. 

CL has been in the job 1 season he has achieved  TWO  of your own goals for us (semi finals and final), yet you want him gone. How can that be? 

Make you mind up. 

Imo, you wanted instant results, don't care how we get them, pay no care to off the field matters and now that you've went in the huff, you aren't coming out of it. 

Trying to sound enlightened and balanced has ended up with yourself tied  up in knots as we achieved progress, and met some of your own ambitions - you Litterally just posted, but because you're impatient and shortsighted you have gone all rabid. 

This is backed up by the fact when we win, you are silent, when we lose you're like a dog with two dicks on here. 

Tragic. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Did you read my post?? 

Excellent in the cup? Generous assessment.

Edited by Francis Albert

48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hickey has been one of the standouts in the 18’s and reserves this season. Hickey, Smith, Ritchie and Logan are all great prospects but at 16/17 they are a year or two away from first team regulars. 

Re Clare I agree,  but think if he, Naismith and Uche get a run together he will be much improved contributor. He is a bit of a luxury player. 

Ritchie and Logan will not be first team regulars. Smith has an outside chance but Scottish football is not suited to luxury number 10 players. Hickey has the biggest chance 

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

That a summary of us or Aberdeen. 

Haha...Aberdeen weren't much better tonight in fairness. Certainly more of an attacking threat though. 

With hindsight Levein should have had his resignation accepted after the capitulation at Livingston. That was the nadir of his spell as manager. This group of players “died” that night and as such there was no route back. 

gowestjambo
43 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

No, the money goes to FOH to buy the club from Bidco and some has gone towards the stand.

As much as I want Levein gone, there is no guarantee that a new manager will have us performing any better.

As we are second bottom of the form League, it is hard to believe we can be any worse. As every game goes by, we are becoming a worse Football Team. No Shape, no Direction, no System and no desire to win 50/50 balls. Not to mention a Squad of Players signed by Levein without any creativity. He needs to go and take his coaches with him. It is time for a Clear Out of Leveins men!!

2 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

It’s honking shite. I don’t watch Hearts for the football now. I watch Hearts because we’re Hearts ?

Totally agree. Just back from Aberdeen and I knew it would be a waste of time but me and the bairn still went. I watch Hearts because I feel guilty if I don’t go.  Now the bairn has inherited the love that is all things maroon and HMFC. Haven't the heart to tell her she’s in for a rollercoaster life of disappointment. HHGH

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I think as football fans we all either realise this or should realise this. However, on the flip side it is very safe to say that if the football being played, and which has been played for a number of months now doesn't change, and I think we know the present manager will not or cannot change his thoughts on football, then it is 100% guarantee that nothing will get better

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Totally agree. Just back from Aberdeen and I knew it would be a waste of time but me and the bairn still went. I watch Hearts because I feel guilty if I don’t go.  Now the bairn has inherited the love that is all things maroon and HMFC. Haven't the heart to tell her she’s in for a rollercoaster life of disappointment. HHGH

Good man.

chester copperpot
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I thought Clare was awful tonight mate. 

Gorillajam
4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip. 

The finishing 6th thing needs reviewed and we all agree the mgt team needs reviewed in the summer. 

Going tonto after every game is neither helpful or imo sane. 

We done the right thing tonight with the team. 

We performed OK. We learned so e players are either not good enough or not good enough yet. We learned some have heart, but lack skill. 

Aberdeen should be more concerned tbh. 

Personally see Aberdeen as the club we should be trying to emulate. They will have state of the Art training facilities (the best in Scotland) as of September and a modern new stadium by 2021 - starting this summer they'll be able to attract a better calibre of player solely due to their new training facilities. They will replace those who leave with like for like.

They have the worst injury catalogue of any SPL side this season. They were missing GMS, McGinn, McLennan tonight and were forced to play both Wilson and Lowe on the wings who I thought played very well for them. They just signed lewis up on a 5 year deal who is most definitely the best goalie in the league and that Ferguson lad is outstanding.  Shinnie was rushed back into their team tonight as it was his last in front of his home fans. I'd argue they'd be pushing for second place going into the last game of the season had they not been hit by injuries and suspensions. We ourselves have suffered the indignation of injuries and suspensions this season. I'm hoping McInnes will leave for the Scotland job because certainly whilst he remains at the helm at Aberdeen I can see them consistently challenging The Rangers for second and reaching cup finals etc. They might not be pretty to watch but they are a club which has rejuvenated themselves back to challenging for domestic titles and playing in Europe every year. They are a well run club.

The only positive for me tonight was the introduction of Hickey. Looks very promising however I've seen this before with our youngsters to not materialize into anything so I'll reserve judgement for now. Thought Brandon was off the boil big time - he hasn't done himself any favours tonight. Cochrane is one of a hand full I'd keep in the current Hearts squad. He'd excel in a better Hearts side. We really miss Naismith and had he played we'd have probably managed a draw. I still think we should allow Levein the summer to rectify our squad and see where we are by Christmas. My faith in him is withering however I'm optimistic that with a bigger playing budget he can pull us back up. We clearly didn't field our strongest side tonight however I hope that performance wasn't a preview of whats to come against Celtic.

38 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Personally see Aberdeen as the club we should be trying to emulate. They will have state of the Art training facilities (the best in Scotland) as of September and a modern new stadium by 2021 - starting this summer they'll be able to attract a better calibre of player solely due to their new training facilities. They will replace those who leave with like for like.

They have the worst injury catalogue of any SPL side this season. They were missing GMS, McGinn, McLennan tonight and were forced to play both Wilson and Lowe on the wings who I thought played very well for them. They just signed lewis up on a 5 year deal who is most definitely the best goalie in the league and that Ferguson lad is outstanding.  Shinnie was rushed back into their team tonight as it was his last in front of his home fans. I'd argue they'd be pushing for second place going into the last game of the season had they not been hit by injuries and suspensions. We ourselves have suffered the indignation of injuries and suspensions this season. I'm hoping McInnes will leave for the Scotland job because certainly whilst he remains at the helm at Aberdeen I can see them consistently challenging The Rangers for second and reaching cup finals etc. They might not be pretty to watch but they are a club which has rejuvenated themselves back to challenging for domestic titles and playing in Europe every year. They are a well run club.

The only positive for me tonight was the introduction of Hickey. Looks very promising however I've seen this before with our youngsters to not materialize into anything so I'll reserve judgement for now. Thought Brandon was off the boil big time - he hasn't done himself any favours tonight. Cochrane is one of a hand full I'd keep in the current Hearts squad. He'd excel in a better Hearts side. We really miss Naismith and had he played we'd have probably managed a draw. I still think we should allow Levein the summer to rectify our squad and see where we are by Christmas. My faith in him is withering however I'm optimistic that with a bigger playing budget he can pull us back up. We clearly didn't field our strongest side tonight however I hope that performance wasn't a preview of whats to come against Celtic.

Sorry mate, the prospect of that fills me with dread. I'd love to see someone properly monetise our losses on the duds he's already brought to the club.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 hours ago, graygo said:

A "dear pot, love kettle" moment.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Their training facilities don't even include an indoor pitch, no way they'll be the best in scotland.

They also haven't started paying for it yet so I'm not so sure about the players they can attract. 50 million is their estimate, but there's no way they're building this training facility, a 20k stadium, plus the necessary infrastructure like car park, access roads, pedestrian footbridge etc for 50 million when we're at 15 and counting and haven't finished the main stand yet. 

3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Since we train at the national centre I would expect our facilities are on a par with Aberdeen’s. Plus, we already have a modern stadium - granted there are still areas that need to be completed. Add in the fact that we’re situated in Edinburgh and I’d say that in terms of attractiveness we have the edge.

20 minutes ago, S Form said:

Since we train at the national centre I would expect our facilities are on a par with Aberdeen’s. Plus, we already have a modern stadium - granted there are still areas that need to be completed. Add in the fact that we’re situated in Edinburgh and I’d say that in terms of attractiveness we have the edge.

Call me old fashioned but it is about performance and results and Aberdeen are streets ahead. We win at face painting though.

Finlay James
5 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think as football fans we all either realise this or should realise this. However, on the flip side it is very safe to say that if the football being played, and which has been played for a number of months now doesn't change, and I think we know the present manager will not or cannot change his thoughts on football, then it is 100% guarantee that nothing will get better

I agree.  I should have been clearer in that emptying Levein is one thing but we need to appoint the right person because we are a huge job.

Neil McCann has been mentioned but I don't see that as a long term option (I'd love to be proven wrong though as he was class for us as a player).  Having said that, I'd like to think he'd have us at least playing with some structure and purpose because right now, unless we're chasing the game, we look like a team who don't want to score.

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Call me old fashioned but it is about performance and results and Aberdeen are streets ahead. We win at face painting though.

Agreed.....wtf was that first half all about.......I could have dragged together 11 Jambo fans from here and put in a similar performance 

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Mmm... not always. We managed to attract Stephen Naismith who, quality wise, is ahead of anyone in the Aberdeen squad. 

Of course, having a good squad and sense of momentum is handy too.

jambopilms
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Which has no influence on how the team play.

10 hours ago, gedster said:

Question along lines of...will Levein play more youngsters in the games ahead

Answer from Stewart....yes, cause that's what he's been hiding behind for last few games

Cheers 

Stewart is spot on 

9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

That is a straight up lie, something you and Mr Levein obviously have in common.

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

That is a straight up lie, something you and Mr Levein obviously have in common.

Had enough of the deluded defending Clare. You start to wonder if it’s trolls or just the clueless?

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Had enough of the deluded defending Clare. You start to wonder if it’s trolls or just the clueless?

I would think that comment would be trolling but going by the poster in questions previous I think he is just delusional and in denial.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

People fawn over facilities.  It’s always about standard of coaching, management motivation.etc at first team level...players train on a football pitch just like they did in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s....

Hearts used to train on public parks in the past as did most teams. 

Great to have facilities as a base to call home and how it helps the academy etc...but it’s still about the competency of the people that use them.