Aberdeen v Hearts official game thread

SMJ_1874

Finlay James

Michael Stewart on BT sport, what a fud.  He would give an aspirin a headache.

For what he adds to that show, they as well drag any random fan off the street to give their opinion as they at least would have an outside chance of knowing what they're talking about.  He is ****ing clueless.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• BOBTHEBRUCE

8 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

How are we going to raise our game by the level needed to even compete in the final, nevermind win it? 

Yes, he rightly rested players tonight but the horrendous tactics and lack of any urgency remained the same. 

He's had free reign to bring in almost 20 of his own signings and they don't have the desire or quality that's needed. 

If he rests players, as you suggest, how does he raise our game for the final when the guys that will play in the final are having a rest? 

Nessjambo67
6 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

How are we going to raise our game by the level needed to even compete in the final, nevermind win it? 

Yes, he rightly rested players tonight but the horrendous tactics and lack of any urgency remained the same. 

He's had free reign to bring in almost 20 of his own signings and they don't have the desire or quality that's needed. 

R

8 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Absolutely this  nail on the head 

Borders Jambo
44 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Young players look rank, players brought in not good enough, experienced players are slow laborious and injury prone. Coaching staff utterly devoid of ideas. 

How did we get to this stage and state. I just can’t fathom how or why?

Maybe I'm watching a different game but this is nonsense.

Team are playing a lot of youngsters and playing decent football.

Weak links are Shaunessy and Doyle.

5 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Some people have such short memories!!! I remember almost getting relegated in the 90s and watching hearts beat one of the best rangers teams in 1998 then almost come unstuck to gretna....****ing Gretna!!! I’m no fan of our manager but the way our team has been ravaged by injury is just frightening...when all our players were fit we were flying and it’s no surprise the whole squad has struggled with such injuries....day out against Celtic with no expectations at all and you never know.....could be the 4th Scottish cup in my lifetime...some folk had to wait 40 years for a cup

There is more to it than that, levein has destroyed hearts 

We have a lot of money getting put into the club and it’s being wasted on terrible signings decisions 

We would be performing better with a new manager for sure, the football tactics are horrendous 

No pace no creativity no width 

He is a clueless individual 

Please open your eyes ? 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

It’s the same on Facebook, folk just posting the same thing over again. 

We know we’re shite. We all want rid of Levein. We’re in a final and we’ll likely get humped. There’s an outside chance we could win. If we lose we can all unite in getting rid of Levein. 

Even if we win, I think it could be up for a change. 

This going full tonto every week is not only shite, it's tiring divisive and nothingvwill happen until the pre season anyway. 

10 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

A lot of people including the BT pundits don't seem to get that we played a reserve team resting Zlamal, Souttar, Smith, Haring, Djoum, Mulraney and Uche and brought on 2 kids plus Wighton as subs. And yet a full strength Aberdeen team desperate to get third only just got the win!!

It was pretty dire to watch but the most important thing for me is that there are no injuries and guys we might need to call on in the final got some game time.

None of that changes the general point that we are going backwards under Levein and he needs to go along with his coaches after the final regardless of the result.

Yes, at one point Sutton had a go at Levein re his comment 

that he needs four players this summer. Sutton said that, based on tonight, he needs a lot more than four. Didn’t mention that 8or 9 of our senior players were rested or injured. BT’s pundits are clearly bottom of their league. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

What a fud.  He would give an aspirin a headache.

:lol:

You could be talking about a number of posters around these parts.

Maybe if Ann Budge starts to understand in her 'inclusive' Hearts world that the people that go to every ****ing away game are also in our community. She is trying to community cleanse and I am sorry hen it just doesn't work like that. No-one can pick and choose a community. She will continue to play 'The Sims' tho.

Harry Potter
14 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

You’re a basement-dwelling little noise up and I actually pity you ?

I8 is a pure jambo our club is split to a horrible degree, take the money though, early season re newall

taking the piss

12 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Me neither.

I don't dislike Levein and I also think he should be moved on in the summer.

However tonight has no bearings on anything about Levein or the Cup final. We are just playing out the season with 1 game in mind. Like any team/manager in our position would.

Agree with all of that. 

chester copperpot
7 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I get that, but I saw effort tonight. 

I saw improvement late in the 1st half and I saw a dominance creaping in until their goalkeeper cleverly played dead.

This league is error strewn and that was proved tonight. A terrible advert for the game up here.

I'll be honest, professional footballers at the level we're watching ain't getting much from the manager or the coaches they're working for, hence the reason we've got them. 

Fine margins again. 

We can beat Celtic.  

Thanks for the good response mate, it's nice to disagree with someone without getting the usual dogs abuse.

Let's hope you are right about the final. I was convinced we wouldn't beat Rangers in 98 so what the F do I know.

Come on Hearts 

39 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

For the reasons stated by Gambo, that is why I am not wasting my time and money by going to the Final. We will get demolished.

Its guys like you we need in the trenches.:thumbsdown:

You shouldn't be allowed to call yourself a Hearts fan if you cant even drag yourself along to a cup final.:getout:

chester copperpot
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:lol:

You could be talking about a number of posters around these parts.

Sorry pal :lol:

Gorgieshed
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If he rests players, as you suggest, how does he raise our game for the final when the guys that will play in the final are having a rest? 

If u cant get up for a final u shouldn't be a professional football player.

13 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Some people have such short memories!!! I remember almost getting relegated in the 90s and watching hearts beat one of the best rangers teams in 1998 then almost come unstuck to gretna....****ing Gretna!!! I’m no fan of our manager but the way our team has been ravaged by injury is just frightening...when all our players were fit we were flying and it’s no surprise the whole squad has struggled with such injuries....day out against Celtic with no expectations at all and you never know.....could be the 4th Scottish cup in my lifetime...some folk had to wait 40 years for a cup

43 for me 

2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

There is more to it than that, levein has destroyed hearts 

We have a lot of money getting put into the club and it’s being wasted on terrible signings decisions 

We would be performing better with a new manager for sure, the football tactics are horrendous 

No pace no creativity no width 

He is a clueless individual 

Please open your eyes ? 

It’s brutal I agree. Imagine being a Hibs fan when hearts pumped them for so many games in a row or Man City when they were...shit!! 

It’s hard to be a Hearts fan just now and we will probably get beat in the final bit injuries have killed us there is no denying....look to OGS at ManU where he was hailed as a miracle worker now people don’t think he is good enough....football fans are fickle.....season over cup final left, enjoy it and clean slate next year

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

43 for me 

Exactly...completely spoiled we have become, shot season and everyone is in bits

jambopilms
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Maybe if Ann Budge starts to understand in her 'inclusive' Hearts world that the people that go to every ****ing away game are also in our community. She is trying to community cleanse and I am sorry hen it just doesn't work like that. No-one can pick and choose a community. She will continue to play 'The Sims' tho.

What's that nonsense got to do with the match.

We have to win the Cup to silence all the moaning topshots on here.  I obviously wasn't at the game but I know it was us playing a reserve line-up away from home against an oponent higher in the league than us in a game of no consequence to us.

11 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

You're going on about the past again. 

You need to forget about it, remember the good memories, that's fine, but think about where we are just now and were we can go. 

Ann is doing her job off the field, if we had a manager doing the same, we'd be top 3. 

Point is, we are exactly where we were 7 years ago going not a cup tie against Celtic at Hampden. Playing crap, struggling to make top 6, and what happened?  No-one can say it won’t happen again. 

2 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

If u can't get up for a competitive match at ant time of any season u shouldn't be a professional football player......ever

chester copperpot
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

On the other hand, very few of our starting 11 tonight will start on 25/5 if everyone is fit and they know it. I have never bought this crap about players playing for a cup final place. Yes, if a striker hits a streak and scores four or five immediately before the final he might force his way in but that’s it. Levein already knows his starting 11, barring any injuries. He has had all season to watch his players and he will have decided how he wants to play against Celtic in the final. To suggest he is still trying to figure out his starting 11 just doesn’t seem likely. 

Re tonight’s game, it was going through the motions with a reserve team. Only Berra, Shaughnessy or Dikamona, and maybe Clare or McLean will start final. We had a 16 year old and a 17 year old on the park for last 20. Perspective required. Performance was gash but that’s to be expected when a scratch team is put together. 

The 16 year old did more when he came on than the other 10. Hickey was the only one with pass Mark's, apart from maybe Berra.

I hate skating Clare as I liked him up until a few weeks ago but he has been shocking since.

Big Slim Stylee
7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I8 is a pure jambo our club is split to a horrible degree, take the money though, early season re newall

taking the piss

???

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

What's that nonsense got to do with the match.

So the head of an organisation has nothing to do with the organisation's performance?

:fonzie:

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Got to agree mate, dire stuff

really brutal and is no where good enough ,sick of this shit every week but still bought season tickets hoping Levein is gone !!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Exactly,so rest most of the first team so that they can play in the final knowing they will be up for it. Just as he did tonight. 

rick witter
23 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip. 

The finishing 6th thing needs reviewed and we all agree the mgt team needs reviewed in the summer. 

Going tonto after every game is neither helpful or imo sane. 

We done the right thing tonight with the team. 

We performed OK. We learned so e players are either not good enough or not good enough yet. We learned some have heart, but lack skill. 

Aberdeen should be more concerned tbh. 

They should be more concerned??? They  are that bad they are 13 points ahead of us even though we have beaten them twice. Our first team would not have won that match either by the way. Absolutely no way. 

51 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hmmm....someone getting lonely?

Haha maybe. I win’t comment on any knowledge i might have of her though ???

rick witter
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Exactly,so rest most of the first team so that they can play in the final knowing they will be up for it. Just as he did tonight. 

They won’t be up for it though will they. 

10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

taking the piss

What do you know about pure Jambos ?

You told us you are not even going to the final.

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

If you cant get yourself up for being in a final there’s something wrong

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

We have to win the Cup to silence all the moaning topshots on here.  I obviously wasn't at the game but I know it was us playing a reserve line-up away from home against an oponent higher in the league than us in a game of no consequence to us.

A win, quite rightly, won't silence those who have the short/medium and long term interests of HMFC at heart. It may however satisfy the happy-clapping short-termists

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

It’s clear there is something wrong at first team level. 

Just now, Peebo said:

It’s clear there is something wrong at first team level. 

Yea obviously. 

But any professional player shouldnt need a manager to get them up for a cup final and a prospect of being a club legend 

Big Slim Stylee
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What do you know about pure Jambos ?

You told us you are not even going to the final.

Harry reckons i8 is the very definition of pure Jambio I’m so sold I want to join their club ?

This must be the bottom half of the Internet that Dave Gorman used to get his comic material from.     

We are marking time until our outside chance of giving Celtic a game,    which very much can happen.      Everything else is a waste of seethe.     

rick witter
Just now, MacPhee said:

Exactly there is something majorly wrong at the club. 

The Levein favourites seem comfortable knowing they will still play regardless of how they perform. 

Then you have Vanacek. Hung out to dry by Levein and taken off before half time I’m a match when you have players like Sean Clare who plays week in week out and quite frankly is a disgrace to the jersey. 

The whole football department is rotten and Levein has overseen it. 

The players thing it’s ok to lose or go out and not try to win. Slow, predictable one paced shite. 

11 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

The 16 year old did more when he came on than the other 10. Hickey was the only one with pass Mark's, apart from maybe Berra.

I hate skating Clare as I liked him up until a few weeks ago but he has been shocking since.

Hickey has been one of the standouts in the 18’s and reserves this season. Hickey, Smith, Ritchie and Logan are all great prospects but at 16/17 they are a year or two away from first team regulars. 

Re Clare I agree,  but think if he, Naismith and Uche get a run together he will be much improved contributor. He is a bit of a luxury player. 

Rested players tonight except our only fit striker, that levein explicitly said before the match he was going to rest, and our captain. Arguably the two players you should rest

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

The Levein favourites seem comfortable knowing they will still play regardless of how they perform. 

Then you have Vanacek. Hung out to dry by Levein and taken off before half time I’m a match when you have players like Sean Clare who plays week in week out and quite frankly is a disgrace to the jersey. 

The players thing it’s ok to lose or go out and not try to win. Slow, predictable one paced shite. 

If Ann Budge does one thing this week it should be to get Vanacek and Levein into a room and tell them to sort it the **** out. 

2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Predictable and shite were my thoughts reading your post. 

rick witter
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Predictable and shite were my thoughts reading your post. 

Accurate and True you mean ??

10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I suspect they will, don’t you?

3 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Yea obviously. 

But any professional player shouldnt need a manager to get them up for a cup final and a prospect of being a club legend 

Very true. But we shouldn’t have a squad who can “put in a performance when they need to”, yet don’t put one in every week...which they need to. 

There’s something very wrong about ever aspect of our first team set up: tactics, team selection, injury record, fitness levels, transfers etc etc.. Application and attitude probably also issues, although that’s harder to judge. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip. 

The finishing 6th thing needs reviewed and we all agree the mgt team needs reviewed in the summer. 

Going tonto after every game is neither helpful or imo sane. 

We done the right thing tonight with the team. 

We performed OK. We learned so e players are either not good enough or not good enough yet. We learned some have heart, but lack skill. 

Aberdeen should be more concerned tbh. 

I’m starting the thing you are Levein. 

Our form is horrendous, we lack the basics and have no drive or quality. 

Saving our best starting 11 for what is our biggest game of the season is what you  do when your playing well, not when confidence is rock bottom. Get them Out on the park and show some heart and determination to turn things around. 

You'd made a comment earlier on how we’d play against Celtic, mentioning that it’ll be like any other team. Couldn’t agree less. Other teams will take this as a one off game where anything is possible and have a go. We won’t and will be set up to keep it tight, let Celtic have the ball and hopefully take our chances.  As many here have said, we have no chance based on our current form. 

If I set my team up like that, my own players would slate me. Let the team play, no formation going forward, just let players play. Let them find space, get in behind and work defenders. We can’t because we have zero confidence and I hate to say Levein as our manager.  You don’t have to be Barcelona to have a go, the manager should be installing that mentality in his players. Getting beat 1-0 is the same as 10-0. A defeat is a defeat. There is nothing wrong with having a go and losing. We are like rabbits in headlights at the moment. Scared to try anything, scared to run at people and scared to have a go. We don’t even shoot from outside the box anymore. 

I’d love to be on the happy train thinking we’ll be alright but facts are facts. We are rock bottom just now and no cup final is going to make it any better.  

chester copperpot
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hickey has been one of the standouts in the 18’s and reserves this season. Hickey, Smith, Ritchie and Logan are all great prospects but at 16/17 they are a year or two away from first team regulars. 

Re Clare I agree,  but think if he, Naismith and Uche get a run together he will be much improved contributor. He is a bit of a luxury player. 

Luxury player. Not something we can afford my friend. The only other one I can think of is Juanjo and I couldn't stand him (my mate next to me in the Wheatfield loved him).

We need winners In the cup final, we need fit, running, annoying *******s who wont give Celtic a second on the ball.

I live in hope!

rick witter
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I suspect they will, don’t you?

I think some will be of course. Others I’m not so sure if they even care if we win or lose because the certainly don’t show it on a weekly basis. 

Levein coming out and saying “we can put on a good performance out of nowhere” tells you all you need to know really. 

Edited by rick witter

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

They should be more concerned??? They  are that bad they are 13 points ahead of us even though we have beaten them twice. Our first team would not have won that match either by the way. Absolutely no way. 

aye

losing Shinne, GMS, Stewart, the boy from Man utd and Ball at the very least. Sure there is one other as well?

less points than last year and dropping at least one place v last year

£50m project to fund.

I'd be concerned.

Anyone that can see beyond the length of their dick can see they are coming to key point in their journey.

HillmanHearts
4 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Rested players tonight except our only fit striker, that levein explicitly said before the match he was going to rest, and our captain. Arguably the two players you should rest

I would expect those 2 will be rested next week