Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

5 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

At Heart of Midlothian football club EVERY home game should be seen at winnable. Therein lies the problem!

😀 I’m not the one you need to convince. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You realise if he retires we don't keep paying him, right?

Not if a coaching role was built into his contract. 

17 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

You aren’t having a go at him but as usual some take it wrong. 

There’s younger players than him packing the game in because of recurring injury and wear and tear in the same areas they get those injuries. 

When over 30 it doesn’t matter how fit you are (as in stamina etc...) because nature takes over and more you keep breaking down with injury the tougher it becomes to recover. It’s just luck half the time as much as it being down to how well you look after yourself. 

Naisy will be hurt more than anyone about his constant niggles and I’m sure  will do everything to keep himself playing.  

I don't think anyone is doubting Naisys commitment or the fact that he'll be hurting at not getting match time . 

More the fact that our top earner who has just been given a 4 year deal is quite clearly having injury problems that are showing no sign of clearing up as quickly as first thought. 

Whilst nobody has a crystal ball my view is we are going to struggle to get a run of games out him now , even this early into his extended deal . 

My opinion is that giving him a 4 year extension on the money he will be on was another pretty poor call . 

Edited by ramrod

15 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Regardless, at that age an injury you would have taken a week or two to recover from at 22 will have you out a bit longer. Times that by ten for a serious injury. 

Yeah of course, you heal like a MF at 22, but he's not exactly knocking about on a zimmer frame

So he has been with the club 18 months or so and at least a year of it he has been out. 4 year deal seems a joke.

Considering he is the only player we have that is capable of making a difference to our form, then we are done.

Levein will be gone before Naismith plays again.

Surprise surprise Craigie boy. 😏

You got us again, not. 

Have been waiting for this all week. 

Not surprised one iota. 

Seems to be his silly wee game of keeping some of the heat off himself. 

He is losing all respect and has become a complete embarrassment to himself and the club. 

How many times are we going to get lied to and treated like idiots. 

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

We've made a horrendous decision here with the 4 years . 

This is going to be the case for the length of his contract, hoping we can get him ready , eventually getting him ready , them getting news he's out for months again . 

A fit Naismith would have been a tremendous bit of business but this is never going to be the case imo . 

More bad luck I suppose. 

Bad luck?  More bad management

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Just pop four in your mouth in the morning and let them dissolve slowly. :thumb:

Anyway, I'm finding the Naismith slagging on the last few pages rather pathetic. I read this a week or two back. I hope it makes one or two people think.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49845993

I don’t think many people on here give a shit about the mental health of anyone at the club to be honest.

If they did they would drop the personalised shit that is thrown about.

5 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

My guess is a cameo appearance from him at Perth on the 30th,then chucked in for Hampden.

Maybe Levein getting the excuses in early!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

Federer 38, Murray 32, Nadal 33, Djokovic 32, and Naismith 32 aye he's to 

Old to be an athlete. 

Not too old to be an athlete - too old and crocked for a four year contract. A five year old would have reached that conclusion, but not our club.

baron of ness
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not too old to be an athlete - too old and crocked for a four year contract. A five year old would have reached that conclusion, but not our club.

Time will tell.

21 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

Old to be an athlete. 

Using footballers would’ve been better but I agree. 

For a Hearts point of view he needs to retire from the Scotland squad. Ridiculous he was even allowed by the club to join up given he wasn't fit.

1 minute ago, TheStig said:

For a Hearts point of view he needs to retire from the Scotland squad. Ridiculous he was even allowed by the club to join up given he wasn't fit.

Absolutely agree. Was shot down for saying the same thing on a Naismith thread before last international break.

Forever Hearts
30 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

Old to be an athlete. 

Nobody said he is too old, just that his body will take longer to recover from injury the older he gets. A bit like three of the tennis players you mentioned who are all starting to feel injuries more than they would have ten years ago. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, TheStig said:

He wants in the Hall of Fame. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

He wants in the Hall of Fame. 

Is that not just tough luck on his part. If he’s fit he plays for hearts and we don’t risk him getting injured playing for Scotland. If he’s not fit it’s obvious he doesn’t play so either way his international career should be done.

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

You realise if he retires we don't keep paying him, right?

I don't get the impression he's the type of person who would just hang around for the money. If it comes to that I think he probably would retire and not take the piss out of the club.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

32 is getting on a bit for a professional athlete in the top league. 

It's not a top league. 

He is a top player in our league, tho. 

Boy is the best player outside the of by a distance, he's better than many of the of players to boot as well. 

Anyone questioning him signing for us knows **** all about football. 

It's not even a debate. 

In your previous guise did you want us to sign Bryson? 

Many posters bleating on here wanted that. 

Imagine we never signed Naismith and he signed for Aberdeen or Killie. 

I can imagine the state some of the posters would have got into if that had happened. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is that not just tough luck on his part. If he’s fit he plays for hearts and we don’t risk him getting injured playing for Scotland. If he’s not fit it’s obvious he doesn’t play so either way his international career should be done.

1 minute ago, TheStig said:

At the expense of hearts, doesn't sit well with me.

I agree. Hearts should be his only focus if he's struggling with injury. 

Fort Vallance
On 04/10/2019 at 13:59, Robbo-Jambo said:

You just need to look at the 85/86 season to see that. 

J C was a total freak of nature the way he used to be ready for the next week after being battered the previous one. 🙂

Allegedly it was more likely to happen in the winter when they were training outside in the freezing cold.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not a top league. 

He is a top player in our league, tho. 

Boy is the best player outside the of by a distance, he's better than many of the of players to boot as well. 

Anyone questioning him signing for us knows **** all about football. 

It's not even a debate. 

In your previous guise did you want us to sign Bryson? 

Many posters bleating on here wanted that. 

Imagine we never signed Naismith and he signed for Aberdeen or Killie. 

I can imagine the state some of the posters would have got into if that had happened. 

I said he plays in the top league, and he does. I shouldn't have to explain as a Hearts fan who play in Scotland that I meant Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I agree. Hearts should be his only focus if he's struggling with injury. 

Especially been given this 4 year deal ! Should maybe think more about hearts , than an awful scotland set up ?

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

We've made a horrendous decision here with the 4 years . 

This is going to be the case for the length of his contract, hoping we can get him ready , eventually getting him ready , them getting news he's out for months again . 

A fit Naismith would have been a tremendous bit of business but this is never going to be the case imo . 

More bad luck I suppose. 

Not sure who I feel should be held to account more on this issue - the manager or the director of football...

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

I said he plays in the top league, and he does. I shouldn't have to explain as a Hearts fan who play in Scotland that I meant Scotland. 

And I said Scotland isn't a top league. 

Naismith is a top player in our league, tho. 

Very relevant. 

Anyway, away and annoy someone else with your gibbering. 

If you can't understand that then please see my statement about anyone questioning us signing him. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Not sure who I feel should be held to account more on this issue - the manager or the director of football...

Or a member of the board.

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

And I said Scotland isn't a top league. 

Naismith is a top player in our league, tho. 

Very relevant. 

Anyway, away and annoy someone else with your gibbering. 

If you can't understand that then please see my statement about anyone questioning us signing him. 

Not my fault you have trouble comprehending that if a Scottish Hearts fan talks about the top league when discussing a player that he means the top league in Scotland. 

EDIT. And the absolute irony in you accusing anybody of gibbering. 😂

Edited by Forever Hearts

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not my fault you have trouble comprehending that if a Scottish Hearts fan talks about the top league when discussing a player that he means the top league in Scotland. 

EDIT. And the absolute irony in you accusing anybody of gibbering. 😂

Still missing the point. 

Gives me a chuckle tbh. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Still missing the point. 

Gives me a chuckle tbh. 

I think you were the only one who got your point. 

3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Just pop four in your mouth in the morning and let them dissolve slowly. :thumb:

Anyway, I'm finding the Naismith slagging on the last few pages rather pathetic. I read this a week or two back. I hope it makes one or two people think.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49845993

Is there many people slagging off Naismith?

Most people are frustrated, angry, and asking questions of the club.

But most of all, they are now laughing at Levein's bullshit. That's his status right now: laughable.

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is there many people slagging off Naismith?

Most people are frustrated, angry, and asking questions of the club.

But most of all, they are now laughing at Levein's bullshit. That's his status right now: laughable.

Naismith said he would be ready for the rangers game, was that bullshit and laughable??

Unless you are certain that a player is going to be back for a specific game why bother saying anything at press conferences. I get the distinct impression that Levein is utterly desperate to say something positive to fans so talks up players returning as discussing team performance can only be negative. Some of his press pronouncements this season have been embarrassing, none more so than working on the defensive set up is easier during the international break and then shipping 3 goals at home the next game. 

It all looks a wee bit desparate and you have to think that his desperation to offer something positive to fans is the underlying reason for offering the 4 year deal Naismith wanted. 

54 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Using footballers would’ve been better but I agree. 

Glenn Whelan - 35.  Ran the show for most of the game in Switzerland last night.

John Terry - Stopped playing @ 36 at the highest level.

Steven Gerrard - Again stopped @ 36 at an intermediate level, but could have easily played at the highest level.  Took the almighty Dollar instead.

The list of player playing well into their mid/late 30s is extensive.  It's only natural that older players can and do pick up injuries that take longer to fully heal and rest from.  No way in Naismith finished.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I think you were the only one who got your point. 

Ok, ill explain. 

Naismiths quality and pedigree relative to Hearts and Scottish football is high. 

By that I mean it's a relative coup for us to have a player of his quality. 

He spent a large part of his career at a higher level, so even although he is older and not as good as he was in his mid twenties, the fact that he's dropped down what many would consider a level means that relevant to our general standard he is still a good player. 

To highlight this, he went for a transfer fee of around £10/12m, we couldn't afford that then or now. 

So, in summary even at 32, Naismith is a very good signing for Hearts. 

Regarding his injury, unless you or others are saying we shouldn't sign older players, I don't know what your point is. 

Players will get Injured. 

On the 4 year deal, I can't confirm for certain but I'd have thought it was key to him signing for us. 

Regarding the top league comment by a poster, I just checked certain players ages (Yip, those 2)and at 32 Naismith is more than capable of playing in Scotlands top league as it's all relative as explained in my first and second paragraphs. 

So my point is, at 32 Naismith is a good player and signing for us, and worth any deal that got him here over our rivals. 

53 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I don't get the impression he's the type of person who would just hang around for the money. If it comes to that I think he probably would retire and not take the piss out of the club.

He just did that with Norwich.

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ok, ill explain. 

Naismiths quality and pedigree relative to Hearts and Scottish football is high. 

By that I mean it's a relative coup for us to have a player of his quality. 

He spent a large part of his career at a higher level, so even although he is older and not as good as he was in his mid twenties, the fact that he's dropped down what many would consider a level means that relevant to our general standard he is still a good player. 

To highlight this, he went for a transfer fee of around £10/12m, we couldn't afford that then or now. 

So, in summary even at 32, Naismith is a very good signing for Hearts. 

Regarding his injury, unless you or others are saying we shouldn't sign older players, I don't know what your point is. 

Players will get Injured. 

On the 4 year deal, I can't confirm for certain but I'd have thought it was key to him signing for us. 

Regarding the top league comment by a poster, I just checked certain players ages (Yip, those 2)and at 32 Naismith is more than capable of playing in Scotlands top league as it's all relative as explained in my first and second paragraphs. 

So my point is, at 32 Naismith is a good player and signing for us, and worth any deal that got him here over our rivals. 

Thanks for explaining the bleeding obvious. 

My go at that subject.....

When folk discuss playing in the top league in that country that’s exactly what they mean. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

When folk discuss playing in the top league in that country that’s exactly what they mean. 

Thank you. 

I have zero faith in our medical team and I have written off Naismith for the season so if we can even get 5 minutes out of him for the Rangers game it is a bonus.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I thought it was obvious, but folk not getting that on this thread it would seem. 

Questioning the signing on-

Injuries 

Length of Contract.

Now .. The fact hes in top league, apparently. 🙄

Great stuff. 

This thread is as eye bleeding as our football. 

Ofc he's in the top league, why is that up for debate or even a thing to point out? 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Thank you. 

Why you even mentioning the top league? 

Are you saying Naismith is to old/ not good enough for the top league?

If not, what is your point? 

If so,  then imo you're talking shite. 

Why did you mention his age and the top league? 

Gordon Ramsay
29 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Unless you are certain that a player is going to be back for a specific game why bother saying anything at press conferences. I get the distinct impression that Levein is utterly desperate to say something positive to fans so talks up players returning as discussing team performance can only be negative. Some of his press pronouncements this season have been embarrassing, none more so than working on the defensive set up is easier during the international break and then shipping 3 goals at home the next game. 

It all looks a wee bit desparate and you have to think that his desperation to offer something positive to fans is the underlying reason for offering the 4 year deal Naismith wanted. 

That's the way I see it. 

Don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. 

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why you even mentioning the top league? 

Are you saying Naismith is to old/ not good enough for the top league?

If not, what is your point? 

If so,  then imo you're talking shite. 

Des Lynam has grasped it, you haven't. Let's move on. 👍

I will keep referring back to it. Levein “joked” that we’d start to see Naismith back and fit after he reaches 50 caps at the HMSA meeting last month. The next Scotland get together is the second week in November. Levein said reaching 50 caps and the hall of fame meant a lot to Naismith. I doubt we will see him until then. 

On 04/10/2019 at 10:12, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Was suggested to me last night that Naismith has lost all faith in the hearts physio team & is paying for his own. Same guy also says JS is out for the rest of the year.

knee-eyed-ear if this is factual!

Was this not also the case with other players in the past? I personally don’t buy the “bad luck” argument for our injury woes. I suspect there is a fundamental problem behind most of our injuries. Whether that is training, medical staff/physio’s, warm up/warm down routines, etc I don’t know. But there’s hardly a week goes by that we don’t have another injury. Even our last home game, Uche had a tight hamstring and missed out. How many tight hamstrings do we get, and is that really down to luck?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Des Lynam has grasped it, you haven't. Let's move on. 👍

Everyone knows he plays in the top league. 

Not going to answer?